Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

@Lenny hopefully it gets fixed 👍. So I s it just the battery? Really good to hear about the reliability of the car. Honestly wish I could map mine as it sounds a decent map doesn't add strain to it.

Like that red bull nitrous tank 😅

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny hopefully it gets fixed 👍. So I s it just the battery? Really good to hear about the reliability of the car. Honestly wish I could map mine as it sounds a decent map doesn't add strain to it.

Like that red bull nitrous tank 😅

It's the alternator needs replacement as the engine wont stay running when the jump leads are disconnected; the voltage begins to decline and theres not enough electrical power;

The alternator should provide power to support the engine, fitting amplifiers can also reduce the life of the alternator and ivd got two fitted but there Class D JL Audio which are most efficient and the capacitor you see there acts as a reservoir of power which cushions the alternator and battery against the sudden demands from the amplifiers, 

Also running a tv tuner, 10" roof monitor, dual dash cam system, and auxiliary lighting 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lenny said:

I can't have it towed because its electric power steering 🙆‍♂️ so I've arranged for a recovery truck to collect it on Thursday morning from my house and bring it to my local mechanic to have the alternator replaced and possibly the battery. 

Why does the EHPAS make any difference to towing? :g: You can still steer, just takes a lot more effort at low speed.

• Like 1

I don't like having a properly stiff neck this morning...  It started yesterday when I decided to wash the car with average winds of at least 35mph and I'd guess something like 70mph gusts...and then went for a walk later on...apparently my neck seems to have struggled holding my head on... :laugh:  Not helped by the fact it was stupidly cold in here last night (13c lowest!).  Can we hurry up and get rid of winter now? :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

I don't like having a properly stiff neck this morning...  It started yesterday when I decided to wash the car with average winds of at least 35mph and I'd guess something like 70mph gusts...and then went for a walk later on...apparently my neck seems to have struggled holding my head on... [emoji23]  Not helped by the fact it was stupidly cold in here last night (13c lowest!).  Can we hurry up and get rid of winter now? :rolleyes: 
Bed rest, anti-inflammatory medication or paracetamol, heat or cold packs will be beneficial.
Likely that holding your head stiffly in the cold wind has put the muscles into spasm or twinged a nerve.
It will ease in a couple of days but I know from much experience that it isn't pleasant in the least.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Bed rest, anti-inflammatory medication or paracetamol, heat or cold packs will be beneficial.
Likely that holding your head stiffly in the cold wind has put the muscles into spasm or twinged a nerve.
It will ease in a couple of days but I know from much experience that it isn't pleasant in the least.

Is rest still suggested for stiff muscles?  I thought you were meant to keep them active now...I may have been making it worse so far if not!  🤦‍♂️

For stiff muscles as well as RICE I would recommend gentle movement, massage and stretching to loosen the fibres.  Foam roller too if you can.

• Like 1

Is rest still suggested for stiff muscles?  I thought you were meant to keep them active now...I may have been making it worse so far if not!  [emoji2357]
When it comes to neck problems rest is best. [emoji106]

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

When it comes to neck problems rest is best. emoji106.png

I will remember that 👍

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Why does the EHPAS make any difference to towing? :g: You can still steer, just takes a lot more effort at low speed.

It's worse than trying to steer a non running vehicle with normal power steering also turning without the pump gives a high risk of bursting seals 

• Like 1

Well, my head hasn't fallen off yet...  :biggrin:

However, I don't like having to drive through a massive flood today after washing the car yesterday...and not even having any dashcam footage as the camera stopped recording just before! :sad:

Does anyone else's dashcam fail to come back on after stop start has restarted the engine?  Not sure if it's just my camera or if SS will cause the same issue on others.  Bit pointless having it when it only records half a journey lol.

• Like 1

I don't like that it's frosty this morning, means I'll have to go out 5 minutes early to defrost 🙄

• Like 1

Went out early to defrost car....

Open car to start it.... could only open passenger door! 

Start car to start defrosting, closed door, wouldn't shut properly. 

Scrapped windows, door still won't shut!

Spray deicer around lock, still won't shut. Go for kettle of warm water, finally door shuts. Kettle back in house, enter car by passenger door.

Drive to petrol station on way to work to get petrol and local weekly paper. Driver door opens from inside with help of shoulder 

Petrol cap frozen!!!

Result? Late for work! Only 2 minutes but I HATE being late 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Petrol cap frozen!!! 

Hmm, Ford are missing a trick here...  Quickclear fuel filler flaps! :biggrin:

Not really sure it's a dislike but I've just found out the new polymer £20 note comes out next week...  :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't like that the whole weekend is set to be wet and windy with the next storm coming through.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Not really sure it's a dislike but I've just found out the new polymer £20 note comes out next week...  :unsure:

My dad's partner found £500 of old £20 notes hidden within an old bed last week. She was clearing out the crap from my brother's old room and the money was stuck underneath one of the underside bed draws. If it wasn't found it would have been burnt along with the rest of the old broken wood!!

Luckily my brother took the money to the bank who were able to exchange it to the current £20 notes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zico said:

I don't like that the whole weekend is set to be wet and windy with the next storm coming through.

My dad's partner found £500 of old £20 notes hidden within an old bed last week. She was clearing out the crap from my brother's old room and the money was stuck underneath one of the underside bed draws. If it wasn't found it would have been burnt along with the rest of the old broken wood!!

Luckily my brother took the money to the bank who were able to exchange it to the current £20 notes.

That reminds me of my great uncle who died , leaving me and my parents to clear out his flat. We found envelopes of cash all over his home  in the furniture . From what I remember( was 40yrs ago ) there was £10k + . Alot of money back then I guess. He lived in a council flat, didn't work much( had downes syndrome) only ever traveled to the local shops . Suppose he never knew what to do with the money. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, iantt said:

That reminds me of my great uncle who died , leaving me and my parents to clear out his flat. We found envelopes of cash all over his home  in the furniture . From what I remember( was 40yrs ago ) there was £10k + . Alot of money back then I guess. He lived in a council flat, didn't work much( had downes syndrome) only ever traveled to the local shops . Suppose he never knew what to do with the money. 

My mother was a bank teller while she was at university, and an old woman came in with a hold-all once asking to make a deposit. My mum had to take her to a private office to count it all, and it ended up being about £15,000 in various notes and coins, including plenty of old money, different currencies etc. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Zico said:

He'll have to change it again in about 6 months time when the current notes become obsolete! :biggrin: 

• Like 1

I don't like Ralf Littles recent character in Death in Paradise, feels like they've modelled him on myself! :laugh: 

Having to remove the whole headlight to replace a bulb, on a C max.

I don't like that it seems to be impossible to sell a car privately these days. I hate to give We Buy Any Car the business but people continue to have little choice, and they know it! They have got the market wrapped up, and we all just need to get in line and let them dictate the terms. 

Annoying. 

1 hour ago, The Finance Guy said:

I don't like that it seems to be impossible to sell a car privately these days. I hate to give We Buy Any Car the business but people continue to have little choice, and they know it! They have got the market wrapped up, and we all just need to get in line and let them dictate the terms. 

Annoying. 

Which car are you trying to sell?  Unless you're offering personal finance, most people don't generally have thousands of pounds just sat in an account now so anything over about £3k is hard to sell.  Anything under a grand goes quickly though, even when they're thirsty, high tax models!

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Which car are you trying to sell?  Unless you're offering personal finance, most people don't generally have thousands of pounds just sat in an account now so anything over about £3k is hard to sell.  Anything under a grand goes quickly though, even when they're thirsty, high tax models!

We've sold 2 cars in the last year - both in good condition and priced at market value. Using the right platform to sell it is important. We sold Mrs. TimST2's 14 year old Honda CRV on Gumtree for £1,500, and my 20 year old Lotus Elise on Pistonheads for £13,000. The Honda sold within a week, and the Lotus sold within 24 hours! Part-ex we were offered about half of what we got privately...

6 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

We've sold 2 cars in the last year - both in good condition and priced at market value. Using the right platform to sell it is important. We sold Mrs. TimST2's 14 year old Honda CRV on Gumtree for £1,500, and my 20 year old Lotus Elise on Pistonheads for £13,000. The Honda sold within a week, and the Lotus sold within 24 hours! Part-ex we were offered about half of what we got privately...

The Elise isn't really a fair comparison as it's not a 'normal' car.  There will always be people with surplus cash for things like that.  Try selling a standard Focus for £13k privately...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Selling my Ranger. Perhaps I’ve not made it clear enough on the ads but I can actually potentially get Finance for buyers! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club