Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

40 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The Elise isn't really a fair comparison as it's not a 'normal' car.  There will always be people with surplus cash for things like that.  Try selling a standard Focus for £13k privately...

Ah right! Yeah, at that money most people would want an approved car from a Ford dealer. Although the Elise was unusual in that it appreciated from when I bought it, it was much to old and high mileage for a dealer to sell (which is probably why they offered an insulting part-ex price), just like the CRV. You really need to be at a lower price point than people can get approved cars through dealers for in order to sell privately. That's why I part-ex'd my previous Fiesta for the ST and was offered a much better deal than we were with the Honda and the Lotus.

I do like getting to drive the car again today. 

I don't like however the bad driver I came across today when going hospital. Came across a set of light. With one car in front. Now this bit sometimes people make 2 lanes so a BMW behind squeezed in to the right and a lady in a audi did. When the lights went green the car in front moved off then the BMW on the right moved off letting him get in front (respect him for his considerable action). Now there was buses in front on the left stopped at a bus stop so indicated right. Now this stupid lady in the audi didn't slow down to give me way. Was getting closer and closer to the bus in front so had to brake then swerve in the right. Either I was in her blind spot or she was just stupid to not let me in 😤

I wonder who the bad driver would be here. 

• Like 1

I don't like being told by one of our sons that there was a 'situation' with their toilet!!!!

Looks like a trip tomorrow to buy an industrial plunger and mansize rubber gloves 💩😲🤮

Annoying thing is that it's the son who went out tonight who caused the situation!!  Maybe I'll wake him up early to give me a hand 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I don't like being told by one of our sons that there was a 'situation' with their toilet!!!!

Looks like a trip tomorrow to buy an industrial plunger and mansize rubber gloves 💩😲🤮

Annoying thing is that it's the son who went out tonight who caused the situation!!  Maybe I'll wake him up early to give me a hand 🤔

Must be something in the air...

I went to collect daughter-dearest from work whilst my dearly beloved went to the toilet.

As I walked back in, she proudly announced that she had in fact blocked the toilet and had to use the new plunger (it's a regular occurrence...she suffers with gastroparesis...so bowel movements are far and few between)

Not even "Oh, hi!" straight in with "Hehe...I blocked the toilet again!"

...still...at least I know what I've let myself in for next week!

• Like 1

Err...I also blocked the toilet last night!! :unsure:  

The water rose right up to the rim and then stayed there...queue panic and wondering where I could buy a plunger at 10pm on a Saturday night!? 😮 I didn't even realise there was that much water produced in a flush, though it was going to come over! :shock:  I have a large, old style toilet pan as well, not one of the small, modern close coupled types!  Oh...and I have one of those water savers in the cistern, without that, the water may well have come over!

About 5 minutes later I heard a sudden gurgle from the bathroom, went through to find it had dropped...phew!  But was now well below the usual water level, presumably some sort of suction effect happened there...  I'm scared to go this morning...  Though holding it will cause a larger amount so that's not ideal either!  :laugh: 

I wondered if it was something to do with the pressure in the pipes due to the constant high winds?  We do have a soil pipe vent up to the roof which presumably gets pressurised with wind passing across it? Or am I kidding myself and it was just the massive ***** that blocked it?  Barely even needed any paper so it wasn't a paper blockage this time!  TMI maybe... :lol:

Most of you know I have bowel issues on here so it's not uncommon for the water to rise to about half a bowlful before dropping but that's the first time in 5 years that it's risen like that, and then stayed there as well.  :sad: 

I've also wondered if a blocked soil pipe would affect the flat downstairs?  Are the soil pipes linked or will they have to be separate all the way down the main sewer?  My neighbour downstairs is rarely home...  I'm worried the pipes are linked and he'll find my ***** all over his bathroom floor when he next comes home if there's a blockage further down, past his toilet! 😮 

I can't hold it any longer...wish me luck!! :lol: 

• Like 1

@Turvey @TomsFocus

Dont need gloves or plunger 

Just two large bin liners put one inside the other followed by your arm 👍 

Worked for me past twelve years of having kids block it

Turn the bin liner inside out when complete to avoid dripping 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I wondered if it was something to do with the pressure in the pipes due to the constant high winds?  We do have a soil pipe vent up to the roof which presumably gets pressurised with wind passing across it? Or am I kidding myself and it was just the massive ***** that blocked it?  Barely even needed any paper so it wasn't a paper blockage this time!  TMI maybe

I don't want to bore you with useless facts @TomsFocus but traditionally Soil Vent Pipes were terminated at least 2 feet above the roof or verge to lessen the effects of pressure fluctuations. This has been dumbed down in modern builds.

Other possibilities are that a plastic bag or something similar got lodged over the top of the pipe, strangling the necessary make-up air, or if the underground system is an old combined one then flooding somewhere underground could have the same effect.

Your neighbours drains will probably be part of the same ones are yours and any downstream blockage will back up through their toilet.  

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Lenny said:

@Turvey @TomsFocus

I couldn't actually see the blockage in mine. :unsure:  It must have just passed the U-bend which is why I wondered about a blockage further down. :g:

I have used the bin bag method before though, had to save a toilet seat washer that dropped down there!  I wouldn't want to fish out anything else though, I have to use a shovel at arms length just to pick up dog mess!! :laugh:

21 minutes ago, Tizer said:

I don't want to bore you with useless facts @TomsFocus but traditionally Soil Vent Pipes were terminated at least 2 feet above the roof or verge to lessen the effects of pressure fluctuations. This has been dumbed down in modern builds.

Other possibilities are that a plastic bag or something similar got lodged over the top of the pipe, strangling the necessary make-up air, or if the underground system is an old combined one then flooding somewhere underground could have the same effect.

Your neighbours drains will probably be part of the same ones are yours and any downstream blockage will back up through their toilet.  

Thanks John, wouldn't consider that fact boring or useless! :biggrin:   All seems to be flowing ok again this morning - will just have to wait until my neighbour gets home to know whether it's flowing into his flat or not! :unsure: 

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

@Turvey @TomsFocus

Cheers @Lenny I really didn't fancy the toilet and I remembered that I had a drain snake, flexible metal as opposed to a spring type one. Rubber gloves on and a couple of attempts at poking it through seems to have been successfull 🤞

Mrs Turvey is in clean-up mode now 😃

• Like 2

Think I'm going to be careful now going to the loo for a few days 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol ☺️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Just go at Uni or the hospital instead...someone else's problem then!! :biggrin:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just go at Uni or the hospital instead...someone else's problem then!! :biggrin:

I actually try to avoid going to public toilets. The state Ive seen some of them makes me think what animal had been there 🤢. Also don't want to experience someone waiting for me to finish doing my business 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Turvey said:

Cheers @Lenny I really didn't fancy the toilet and I remembered that I had a drain snake, flexible metal as opposed to a spring type one. Rubber gloves on and a couple of attempts at poking it through seems to have been successfull 🤞

Mrs Turvey is in clean-up mode now 😃

I was going to say alternatively 50mg of Sildenafil Accord and a bin liner 😂 would break up the tiles and everything 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

I actually try to avoid going to public toilets. The state Ive seen some of them makes me think what animal had been there 🤢. Also don't want to experience someone waiting for me to finish doing my business 

I only poo at home 

Or line the seat with toilet paper before sitting. 

I did see boot Mark's on the seat once where I presume someone hovered like a chimp 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

I only poo at home 

I did see boot Mark's on the seat once where I presume someone hovered like a chimp 

Lol 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

You guys really do talk a lot of ***** 💩

No ***** Sherlock

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Lenny said:

Noooo!  Toilet seats are made of hard plastic, impossible for bacteria to penetrate or live on the surface for long and they generally have an extra antibacterial treatment nowadays as well...  Toilet paper is very absorbent and an ideal breeding ground! :unsure: 

When the wind was really blowing over the weekend with the storm, the water in the toilet was moving backwards and forwards, like it was being rocked on a boat.

I can only assume the wind was sending little pressure waves down the vent of the soil pipe causing the water sat in the ubend to move.

• Like 1

I'm with [mention=14733]Lenny[/mention] on this [emoji1]
I ain't fussy, if I need to go then so be it.
You should try being in the military and doing it in holes or plastic bags.
After that, any manky loo is luxury.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

As if any of us would cope in the military! :laugh:

I wouldn't have!!

We got an ex army man at work . He is a right nightmare, still thinks he is in the army!! But he does have some shiny boots. Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't like seeing this sign in the hospital today. Heard also the tube is a high risk area of spreading the virus along with King's Cross Station which I pass when I'm going here to this hospital or uni

Screenshot_20200217-202741.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club