Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

On 2/16/2020 at 5:17 PM, zain611 said:

I actually try to avoid going to public toilets. The state Ive seen some of them makes me think what animal had been there 馃あ. Also don't want to experience someone waiting for me to finish doing my business聽

You should see the ones at my work.聽 Even animals aren't that dirty! :no:

I wouldn't mind but it's an office environment that gets cleaned twice a day... :angry:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

You should see the ones at my work.聽 Even animals aren't that dirty! :no:

I wouldn't mind but it's an office environment that gets cleaned twice a day... :angry:

I don't know what is worse at our office, the fact that someone can stuff so much loo paper into a toilet to block it or that when a toilet is blocked it takes the facilities management weeks to get it sorted.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zico said:

I don't know what is worse at our office, the fact that someone can stuff so much loo paper into a toilet to block it or that when a toilet is blocked it takes the facilities management weeks to get it sorted.

Tbf, sometimes it's like wiping a felt tip pen... :laugh:

Also depends on the type of paper though, I like a good mid-range 3 ply myself...聽 Not the flimsy rubbish that ends up with a finger where it shouldn't be, but also no the thick quilted stuff that's just asking for blockages!!

• Like 1

At work some idiot keeps flushing down paper hand towels, they're just perfect for blocking loos.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

At work some idiot keeps flushing down paper hand towels, they're just perfect for blocking loos.

That's worrying considering your line of work...聽 I hope whoever it is isn't allowed near anything dangerous! :laugh:

• Like 2

That's worrying considering your line of work...聽 I hope whoever it is isn't allowed near anything dangerous! [emoji23]聽
I've narrowed it down to either the kennel staff or my Inspector.
I know which one I suspect more.
It's not done maliciously, just pure laziness as the culprit can't be arsed to open the pedal bin lid to throw the towels in so would rather just lob them down the karzi instead.

• Like 2

I don't like how much more expensive premium petrol聽is than regular petrol.

I get 2p/litre off at Esso so that's what I buy, but over the last 2 fill-ups (740 miles) I've used regular to do a comparison.

I reckon I get about 2% better mpg with premium fuel, but no noticeable increase in performance, and it currently costs 14% more! I'm all for using fuel with more detergents that looks after the engine better, but at聽12% more expensive (net) I'm not sure I can justify it anymore.

• Like 1

Tesco Momentum 99 is 6p per litre more than regular so a couple of quid a tank more.
It may be imagined but I do feel performance is better.
Just been notified that the latest Bluefin remap for the Mk4 ST is available and is now two stage.
Standard Bluefin for regular fuel and Bluefin plus (free upgrade) for cars run on premium fuel so Superchips must believe in the value of using premium.
Standard map takes car to 312bhp but plus takes the car to 320bhp.
Know which I'll be going up to [emoji41]

• Like 2

In my motorbikes I put premium fuel in every so often to get the detergents etc, but the performance difference isn't worth the cost difference like you say.聽

I never use supermarket fuel in any vehicle - its cheaper for a reason! I only use Shell in my diesel Focus, my petrol ST (when I get it next week) I may do the same as with the bikes and feed it premium every so often.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I don't like how much more expensive premium petrol聽is than regular petrol.

I get 2p/litre off at Esso so that's what I buy, but over the last 2 fill-ups (740 miles) I've used regular to do a comparison.

I reckon I get about 2% better mpg with premium fuel, but no noticeable increase in performance, and it currently costs 14% more! I'm all for using fuel with more detergents that looks after the engine better, but at聽12% more expensive (net) I'm not sure I can justify it anymore.

Apart from a few tanks of Esso after I purchased the car, for the last 5 years I've been using Shell V-Power. I'm keeping the ST for the foreseeable future so that I can swap to electric when there are better options, battery range is either longer and/or聽a better charging infrastructure is in place. Until then if it costs me 10p more per litre to prolong the life of the car, it's worth it. I don't smoke or drink or have many vices that cost money so premium fuel is my vice.

• Like 2

I have Costco membership, so premium fuel is about the same as regular stuff elsewhere. If I didn鈥檛, I wouldn鈥檛 bother putting it in the Fez but it does seem to run more nicely.

• Like 2

My old Focus was happiest on Shell regular/Fuel Save.聽 Premium made no noticeable difference.聽 Morrisons petrol was crap...car would be lumpy, down on power and a noticeable drop in economy.聽 Even my mum noticed! Sainsbury's and Tesco generally were okay - about the same as Shell.

Mondeo was quite happy on whatever diesel I could be bothered to drop in...same with the van

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Apart from a few tanks of Esso after I purchased the car, for the last 5 years I've been using Shell V-Power. I'm keeping the ST for the foreseeable future so that I can swap to electric when there are better options, battery range is either longer and/or聽a better charging infrastructure is in place. Until then if it costs me 10p more per litre to prolong the life of the car, it's worth it. I don't smoke or drink or have many vices that cost money so premium fuel is my vice.

Esso Synergy Supreme+ was 17p more than regular Synergy at my Esso forecourt today (which works out at about 拢1.38/l after discount)聽:thumbdown:

• Like 2

Esso Synergy Supreme+ was 17p more than regular Synergy at my Esso forecourt today (which works out at about 拢1.38/l after discount)聽[emoji107]
Momentum 99 all the way [emoji106]

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Momentum 99 all the way emoji106.png

I really only have a choice of Esso or Shell on my commute, and聽Shell is聽more expensive.

• Like 1

I happen to have a few Shell options around me, and I reckon even if it鈥檚 more expensive, I鈥檓 convinced I get extra MPG out of it.聽

My first car was a diesel Mondeo and I used to fill it up at a Morrison鈥檚 across from my work in Edinburgh. About 6 months after I got the car I had to get all the valves replaced, and my mechanic at the time was convinced that the diesel wasn鈥檛 right.聽

• Like 1

Since Morrisons had the whole water in the fuel fuss a few years back I haven't used them for any reason.
I carry an agency fuel card when on duty for topping up work vehicles and the general instruction is not to use any supermarket fuel.
I tend to only use Esso or Shell in those situations (plus they are generally GDP so the odd buckshee coffee or sticky is in order [emoji39]).

• Like 3

All the supermarkets take the stuff with聽the max allowable water content, min allowable good additives etc - that鈥檚 why they can charge a few pence less per litre.聽

Also I have a Shell points card thing so that helps take me back there, and even often driving past an Esso to find a Shell! There鈥檚 a handy one just on the A9 at the Gleneagles exit, but I have to do a U turn on the dual carriageway to reach it....the one Southbound is about 12 miles further down, and is a bit more expensive.聽

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

All the supermarkets take the stuff with聽the max allowable water content, min allowable good additives etc - that鈥檚 why they can charge a few pence less per litre.聽

Also I have a Shell points card thing so that helps take me back there, and even often driving past an Esso to find a Shell! There鈥檚 a handy one just on the A9 at the Gleneagles exit, but I have to do a U turn on the dual carriageway to reach it....the one Southbound is about 12 miles further down, and is a bit more expensive.聽

Supermarkets make a smaller profit in the hope that you'll shop there while buying fuel, they much bigger profits on groceries!聽 The water content is roughly the same, the reason ASDA & Morrisons end up with more water in their fuel is because they don't clean the tanks regularly enough, or indeed properly.聽 The only difference in the fuel that arrives at the forecourt is the additives - though of course those can help in different ways.

I tend to find supermarket diesel is sootier when I've had cars pre-DPF or with de-cats, so don't risk it in DPF models as I generally do short journeys and have more than enough regens as it is!聽 Plus I hate dealing with till staff, cash and queues so just use a phone app to pay for fuel now, as far as I know, no supermarkets offer that service yet.

The latest Shell loyalty system is pretty poor imo, 10 fills and you get about 20p back... :laugh:聽 If you have a Nectar card, you can get more points at Esso, as long as your Esso is part of the scheme.聽 My local ones aren't. :sad:聽 So since BP dropped Nectar, I'm stuck with BP's own system which isn't great.聽 I've been using it for a year now and currently have about 拢4 of fuel vouchers... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Agree that Shell鈥檚 points system is rubbish, especially since they got rid of the card and put it all on a phone app, even though you鈥檙e not supposed to use a phone on the forecourt! Crazy.聽

But then every few visits getting 拢2 off my fill up when I would be filling up anyway, can鈥檛 complain.聽

• Like 1

Agree with most saying Morrisons is crap, even on my old 1.6 NA Focus, it didn't like it. MPG seems much lower as well.

Asda petrol is surprisingly OK, Tesco too. Shell Fuel save actually does seem to net higher MPG, but I don't have any within a reasonable distance of me, and the price usually being much higher than supermarket fuels doesn't make it worth it.

Just wish I had a CostCo near me.

I don't like the silly fool who was parked up yet decided to start driving off when I was passing them. I had indicated to go round and was level with the back of the car in front when they just started to drive off. A quick press of the horn and accelerator and I got in front before the oncoming cars were too close to have made the situation worse. This is only the second time something like this has happened to me but it's not hard to check your mirrors before moving off, even more so when my damn indicators are bright enough to see miles away聽:biggrin:.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zico said:

I don't like the silly fool who was parked up yet decided to start driving off when I was passing them. I had indicated to go round and was level with the back of the car in front when they just started to drive off. A quick press of the horn and accelerator and I got in front before the oncoming cars were too close to have made the situation worse. This is only the second time something like this has happened to me but it's not hard to check your mirrors before moving off, even more so when my damn indicators are bright enough to see miles away聽:biggrin:.

I seem to have mongs magnetically attracted to me on the road!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Since Morrisons had the whole water in the fuel fuss a few years back I haven't used them for any reason.
I carry an agency fuel card when on duty for topping up work vehicles and the general instruction is not to use any supermarket fuel.
I tend to only use Esso or Shell in those situations (plus they are generally GDP so the odd buckshee coffee or sticky is in order emoji39.png).

GDP? 馃

Would be nice if we could get Ethanol anywhere...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club