Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Sons meant to be flying with them to Alicante in June! 🤞 

And we've got 3 gigs to go to in Glasgow in June, probably all be cancelled ☹️

Doubt either your son or you will be going anywhere anytime soon. 

Me and my partner are discussing this at the moment. If they cancel our hols we will try book a dog friendly cottage in the UK in the middle of nowhere. Lol 

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

Doubt either your son or you will be going anywhere anytime soon. 

Me and my partner are discussing this at the moment. If they cancel our hols we will try book a dog friendly cottage in the UK in the middle of nowhere. Lol 

I think we might do the same. Wait it out...

Guys went to my local hospital today for placement as usual. When I got there I noticed it was quiet than normal. 

Found out 3 people in the ward are positive for covid and about 5 are queried for it 😬. Only stayed for an hour there then went. On the news recently a baby was positive for the virus in the same hospital. 

There was these new signs up. Red means they are queried and yellow is positive for CoronaVirus. 

Screenshot_20200314-165941.png

Screenshot_20200314-165949.png

• Sad 1

In my case, I've paid deposit only so far of £180. As my holiday hasn't been canceled as of yet, do I pay the balance of around £2300 at the the end of April for holiday in July and wait and see what happens between April and July . Then if canceled I get all money back or do I just take the deposit hit at end April and cancel anyway. 

1 minute ago, iantt said:

In my case, I've paid deposit only so far of £180. As my holiday hasn't been canceled as of yet, do I pay the balance of around £2300 at the the end of April for holiday in July and wait and see what happens between April and July . Then if canceled I get all money back or do I just take the deposit hit at end April and cancel anyway. 

I think just don't make plans as of yet. This virus has caused a lot of disruptions. My uni has cancelled classes 😁, and the interview event for the job I applied for is cancelled and now hospitals seem to not have a lot of patients on their wards because of this. 

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

I'm under instruction from work; not to leave the country and if possible just be in either work or my house until situation improves; all office staff in work are now working from home, only security and production staff are in full attendance; I work in the pharmaceutical industry processing chemicals and manufacturing pharmaceuticals; if anyone gets a slight symptom there out with full pay for six months; sounds appealing but we get eight hours overtime per week which we would lose if we were to try use the "I'm sick" as an excuse for holiday. 

I've begun to keep my driveway gates open all of the time to prevent contamination from the post man, also wearing gloves to touch the wheelie bin and I'm avoiding motorway fuel stations as they can be contaminated by neighbouring towns, I'm now shopping very local to reduce the contact Circle 

I also dont like my hands drying out from excessive use of alcohol wipes and soap in work; I'm glad I'm off today and tomorrow to allow time to heal there very sore

That's not good Lenny, although better than my work which is basically a case of if you're off work with COVID-19 then SSP (£113 per week) is the best you can hope for.  If the whole building shuts down then we'd all have to get full pay but on an individual basis we're screwed basically.

I also suffer from extremely dry hands at the best of times but at the moment I am going through a lot more hand cream!!

• Like 1

I get 3 weeks at full pay a year if off sick, but already had week of that in Feb. Currently we are very busy at work  so I'm making the most of that while I can , going in early . Banking extra the money while I can . Then I don't need to worry about paying the bills even if I'm off work for a few months. 

56 minutes ago, iantt said:

I get 3 weeks at full pay a year if off sick, but already had week of that in Feb. Currently we are very busy at work  so I'm making the most of that while I can , going in early . Banking extra the money while I can . Then I don't need to worry about paying the bills even if I'm off work for a few months. 

Well with the company I started with in 2015 it would be 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay (at my length of service), but after a TUPE in 2017 we were coerced into signing a new terms of employment which I (unfortunately) did and it now means ANY sick pay is at senior manager's discretion, so basically unless your face fits you ain't getting nothing! :angry:

Sadly as I'm living hand-to-mouth at the moment putting anything aside is not possible, so just got to keep taking those multi-vitamins and washing my hands!! :laugh:

When the polish news tells you more than the local broadcast about your country 

I already knew Ireland isint telling the people the full scale of the issue 

IMG-20200314-WA0008.thumb.jpg.39864cf557289ce9091b2056e4c478e0.jpg

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-Bottle-Purell-Hand-Sanitizer-Alcohol-Rub-Gel-60ml-Anti-Bacterial-Sanitiser/264664658098?hash=item3d9f3e30b2:g:EOEAAOSwTtheZ7l3

Its mad,to say i paid £8 for 2 500ml about 6 months ago and these are only 60ml and there even bidding on them.

I don't like going to my local Tesco today to find NO toilet paper, NO kitchen paper and NO tissues whatsoever.

Thankfully I don't need any of the above but that's not the point - there will be people who DO and they cannot buy because of these morons thinking they need 200 rolls of toilet paper to survive the Coronavirus!! :angry:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like going to my local Tesco today to find NO toilet paper, NO kitchen paper and NO tissues whatsoever.

Thankfully I don't need any of the above but that's not the point - there will be people who DO and they cannot buy because of these morons thinking they need 200 rolls of toilet paper to survive the Coronavirus!! :angry:

I have just been up to our Tesco express and half the shelves are empty........soup/pasta/eggs/serials as well as the normal stuff like toilet rolls etc.

Made me laugh as every newspaper gone which is very rare, good luck if they got the larger paper with a lot of magazines in it.........even more paper.

Makes you think how many people never washed their hands before or wiped their bum.......welcome to our mad world....

Been one of those days today! :rolleyes:

Didn't fully engage reverse in the packed Tesco car park this morning...queue the loudest graunch you've ever heard and many heads turning across the car park! 🤦‍♂️

Got into Tesco and there's a tonne of people but no groceries...  No bog roll at all, no hand soap at all, freezers mostly empty, shelves mostly empty.  Got about half of what I listed!

Came home and went to put the few frozen items away, and ripped off the new freezer drawer front!  Remember the broken drawer front a few weeks back...I tried to replace it with an aftermarket part but the drawer itself has gone brittle so broke when removed.  I had tried warming it but didn't work.  So tried to glue it on but the glue has failed.  Anyone know a good plastic to plastic bodge?  Brand new genuine drawer & front is £50!  

This afternoon went to Sainsbury's to try and get the stuff I couldn't at Tesco...stock levels there were even worse!  Literally only got 3 items!!

Thought I'd top up tyre pressures so it was less of a wasted trip...pulled into the forecourt to see the tyre machine wearing it's yellow 'out of order' jacket...  

Getting fed up by this point so headed for the seafront...  Managed to score some gear down there (the good Carex type too :wink: ) so not all bad! :laugh:

TL:DR Anyone know a way to bodge this drawer front on?  Bear in mind it takes a lot of abuse so I sort of knew the glue wouldn't last!

IMG_20200316_161838359.thumb.jpg.2fa20c1f6df63c926ce5726983f526ae.jpg

IMG_20200316_161846491.thumb.jpg.202d8e7af0edf6e984f2682a1dce9d6d.jpg

I have seen a brand Fridge in a better spec than mine for £250.  I was wondering if there's any sort of 'part ex' deals you can do on fridges anywhere?  If I've got to pay £50 for a new drawer to fit a 5 year old appliance that was only low end when I bought it (requires constant defrosting etc) then I'd rather just buy a new one and px this one...  

• Like 1

Been one of those days today! rolleyes.gif
Didn't fully engage reverse in the packed Tesco car park this morning...queue the loudest graunch you've ever heard and many heads turning across the car park! [emoji2357]
Got into Tesco and there's a tonne of people but no groceries...  No bog roll at all, no hand soap at all, freezers mostly empty, shelves mostly empty.  Got about half of what I listed!
Came home and went to put the few frozen items away, and ripped off the new freezer drawer front!  Remember the broken drawer front a few weeks back...I tried to replace it with an aftermarket part but the drawer itself has gone brittle so broke when removed.  I had tried warming it but didn't work.  So tried to glue it on but the glue has failed.  Anyone know a good plastic to plastic bodge?  Brand new genuine drawer & front is £50!  
This afternoon went to Sainsbury's to try and get the stuff I couldn't at Tesco...stock levels there were even worse!  Literally only got 3 items!!
Thought I'd top up tyre pressures so it was less of a wasted trip...pulled into the forecourt to see the tyre machine wearing it's yellow 'out of order' jacket...  
Getting fed up by this point so headed for the seafront...  Managed to score some gear down there (the good Carex type too wink.png ) so not all bad! laugh.png

TL:DR Anyone know a way to bodge this drawer front on?  Bear in mind it takes a lot of abuse so I sort of knew the glue wouldn't last!
IMG_20200316_161838359.thumb.jpg.2fa20c1f6df63c926ce5726983f526ae.jpg
IMG_20200316_161846491.thumb.jpg.202d8e7af0edf6e984f2682a1dce9d6d.jpg

I have seen a brand Fridge in a better spec than mine for £250.  I was wondering if there's any sort of 'part ex' deals you can do on fridges anywhere?  If I've got to pay £50 for a new drawer to fit a 5 year old appliance that was only low end when I bought it (requires constant defrosting etc) then I'd rather just buy a new one and px this one...  
Hot glue should work.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Hot glue should work.

Hadn't considered that tbh.  Will it cope with the cold temps any better than normal glue?

Should do as it's basically plastic when it sets.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Probably just a phrase they use. Never know it might become like Italy with the restriction. 

Think I'm going to have some really bad depression for a while now 😭. I used to like this girl back in school. Haven't seen her since college when we finished to go uni (about 4 years). Did see her once just outside my road 2 years back and her having a big smile when she saw me. From there I still thought about her. 

Just yesterday saw one of my old secondary school friends in Iceland. Just was talking to him and I just started talking about her. 

He said he thinks she's gotten married and already has a kid.

Since then I'm just going through conflictions in my head. Spoke to mum about this and she says it's normal to feel upset as it just triggers memories of when I used to see her in school. 

@Lenny or others do you have any tips for coping with stuff like this? I've read that not fantasising about them helps. I honestly hope I can move on and just focus on studying and work 😢

A lorry kicked up a rock today, slight scuff on the edge of the bonnet but I should be able to polish it out.

I don't like the fact it has left a great 6 inch crack in my windscreen, going to have to get it replaced now and all the agro that goes with it, probably have to pay for the re-calibration of the sensors myself. 😠

• Sad 3

Seems Autoglass are going to do the re-calibration during the same visit to replace the windscreen.

It all seemed far too straight forward, no extra questions about the screen type, even though I queried it, said they'd get spec from reg.

Just hope it gets fitted like new and all the sensors work.... I can (and will) be one awkward customer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Turvey said:

Tbh I was just gonna melt a couple of Pritt sticks in a pan... :whistling: 

I think I can borrow a hot glue gun, just waiting to hear if they have any spare sticks...no idea what type they will be though!

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

5pm last night.  Boris told us all to stop using pubs and clubs, music venues, sporting venues, theatres, cinemas etc...  No unnecessary travel or crowded places at all.  Has Corona reached Orkney yet?

He's been pretty clever in not making it legally enforceable though.  Means that if it's not as bad as we expect he'll say the people reacted too strongly and businesses won't get any compensation/insurance payouts...if it's worse than expected he'll say people didn't follow the guidelines properly...either way, he doesn't have to take any responsibility for it.

While I'm still making jokes about it all (I mean, the only way I get through life is by making a joke of everything lol), I am genuinely really worried it now, shops have bugger all on the shelves, everything is sold out online and deliveries are booked solid for weeks etc.  And on top of that the virus is spreading more quickly than we thought.  I'm making my last 'extra' purchases today so I'll only have to visit a supermarket once a week max for the next few weeks.  May even end up doing it online if the online stocks are replenished.  

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Seems Autoglass are going to do the re-calibration during the same visit to replace the windscreen.

It all seemed far too straight forward, no extra questions about the screen type, even though I queried it, said they'd get spec from reg.

Just hope it gets fitted like new and all the sensors work.... I can (and will) be one awkward customer.

Good luck...  

I'm fairly certain they can't calibrate all the sensors if they're coming to you.  Will most likely have to make a trip to the dealer or one of their branches for the radar and camera to be calibrated.  It should all be free to you though, insurance cover it all under the glass replacement excess.

@TomsFocus No "Confirmed' cases yet, but seeing as they're not testing anyone not in hospital I'm not surprised. There are reports on local FB pages that folk have it though. 

I'm the same as you, worried but still trying to have a laugh 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Tbh I was just gonna melt a couple of Pritt sticks in a pan... :whistling: 

What, your not sniffing glue are you 😳

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club