Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

6 minutes ago, RAIDER32 said:

Day 1 of Lockdown, and some c*** has scraped my car.
Pretty sure it's the van that's still there but I can't prove it, gonna have words if i see who gets in it 😡
It's a terraced street so cars come and go all the time, but that van was there last night and only 1 car was there before it.

20200325_094032.jpg

20200325_094045.jpg

Make sure you stay at least 2 metres apart when having words with the driver! :wink: 

Seriously though, there are 2 scrapes on his bumper but only one on yours, plus no red paint on yours either?  I think it might just be a coincidence.

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Make sure you stay at least 2 metres apart when having words with the driver! :wink: 

Seriously though, there are 2 scrapes on his bumper but only one on yours, plus no red paint on yours either?  I think it might just be a coincidence.

Mine is on the pointy edge of the bumper, it will only be the one of the marks on his (top one), I'm sure if he knew he hit me he would wipe the paint off both cars,
there are marks above the edge scrape which could not be done by the van, they could be from rubbing a contaminated cloth across it.

• Like 1

@RAIDER32 how deep is the scratch? Does it catch your finger nail? Could see if a machine polish might buff it out. Best if you have a dash cam see if you can have it on whilst the car is parked to get footage like this. 

11 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@RAIDER32 how deep is the scratch? Does it catch your finger nail? Could see if a machine polish might buff it out. Best if you have a dash cam see if you can have it on whilst the car is parked to get footage like this. 

It's all the way down to the plastic, it's pretty rough and gonna need sanding flat. Should have everything I need to repair it.
I do have a decent dash-cam and could have wired it for 24/7, but where I live I run the risk of getting window smashed for it.
Been wanting to do the little paint chips and thought about doing this PPF style wrap myself after finding it on eBay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132241098751
s-l1600.thumb.png.9a1007b501798525ecffd0953552ca86.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

You need to report these, Amazon and ebay are trying to take them down.

Here we go,got to be a mistake but you never know these days..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dettol-Liquid-Hand-Wash-Antibacterial-Care-Lavender-250ml-2/124127558379?epid=17021405236&hash=item1ce6943aeb:g:9tYAAOSwzTFeeM6q

4 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I've done it on this one, but whenever you see one, just hit the repot this item link and report them for price gouging.

amazon will have a similar report function.

• Like 1

No error, just idiots bidding.
They'll likely push the price up as far as they can for fun then withdraw their offer.

Sent from my SM-G965F

11 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

No error, just idiots bidding.
They'll likely push the price up as far as they can for fun then withdraw their offer.

Sent from my SM-G965F

Top bidder has over 4000 feedback, surely they have better things to do with their time! 🤦‍♂️

If you look at the bidding history it's obvious someone is being a jerk.

8284254fbbe4f900b875a216ee82643e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

If you look at the bidding history it's obvious someone is being a jerk.

8284254fbbe4f900b875a216ee82643e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F

Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with you, just can't understand why they're doing it!

Tbh, any personal account selling anti-bac products at the moment is probably being a jerk anyway!  As if they just happened to have those items spare... :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with you, just can't understand why they're doing it!

Tbh, any personal account selling anti-bac products at the moment is probably being a jerk anyway!  As if they just happened to have those items spare... :rolleyes: 

Yes i think your right there,i have 24 toilet rolls i bet i could get a good £40 for and all new and sealed........Just complete idiots in my eyes just shocked me as people bid.

• Like 2

Don't like thinking I'd go to Tesco for a few essentials to find a queue literally half way around the car park because only so many people are allowed in at a time...  Thankfully Lidl didn't have the same restrictions but they were dead anyway.

Will have to get there before Tesco opens when I want to do my big shop on Saturday and ensure I don't forget anything or else I'll be screwed.

I've been sent home!! Oh well, knew it was going to happen sooner or later!  At home and see the council not taking the social distancing into practice . Three dustmen shoulder to shoulder in the front of there wagon. Suppose they could take it in turns to run behind. Lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Yes i think your right there,i have 24 toilet rolls i bet i could get a good £40 for and all new and sealed........Just complete idiots in my eyes just shocked me as people bid.

Does it have to be new and sealed? I was gonna try selling my slightly soiled toilet paper at a discount! :laugh:

I don't like how some people can get this so wrong!

Heard from my elderly housebound Aunt who has no visitors and the neighbour just leaves essential items on the door step atm...  She says her hands are raw from constant washing and she's terrified to touch her face...  There's literally been no one else in her house and she hasn't been anywhere!

Then today I go to Nan's (elderly & vulnerable), do a couple of essential tasks indoors, without even speaking and whilst wearing gloves then stay outside to speak to her...she says I can come in as families are allowed to meet!  🤦‍♂️ Err, no, families that live together can excersice together lol! We also aren't technically related if she thought it was some sort of blood hereditary immunity! :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

At home and see the council not taking the social distancing into practice . Three dustmen shoulder to shoulder in the front of there wagon.

I drive for our local council but have been off work for the last couple of weeks, non CV related. I also have MS, not had a relapse for 9 years 🤞, and am due back to work next Tuesday. I normally work alone but I've been informed by workmates that a few drivers have gone home this week. There's every possibility that I could be in a dustcart next week with 1 or 2 crew members and the chance of catching something. 

To say that I'm getting a bit worried is an understatement. I don't know what the alternative is, pickup following dustcart with ONE crew member in it emptying the bins.

Put this in the don't like thread by accident. Started machine polishing dad's car today. Doesn't seem to remove all the scratches however its a lot better than before 

Here's a 50/50 shot and fully corrected shot of the bonnet. 

Screenshot_20200326-000405.png

Screenshot_20200326-000414.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Turvey said:

I drive for our local council but have been off work for the last couple of weeks, non CV related. I also have MS, not had a relapse for 9 years 🤞, and am due back to work next Tuesday. I normally work alone but I've been informed by workmates that a few drivers have gone home this week. There's every possibility that I could be in a dustcart next week with 1 or 2 crew members and the chance of catching something. 

To say that I'm getting a bit worried is an understatement. I don't know what the alternative is, pickup following dustcart with ONE crew member in it emptying the bins.

Not sure if you have green waste collections up there but they've pulled ours for the foreseeable future due to losing drivers and having higher demand for other waste as well as the distancing issue.  I fully understand why they've done it, but it's a bit ironic that now everyone's at home with time to garden, they can't dispose of the waste!  The council have closed all the tips (sorry, recycling centres!) as well!

Regarding MS, I thought that was on the vulnerable list so you shouldn't be going out for 12 weeks?  

• Like 1

I don't like checking the TV guide and seeing the film at 9pm on ITV2 tonight...  It's called Contagion, and as the title suggests, is about a viral pandemic! 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like checking the TV guide and seeing the film at 9pm on ITV2 tonight...  It's called Contagion, and as the title suggests, is about a viral pandemic! 🤦‍♂️

Die hard is come on at 9pm today on film4. Hopefully will finish dad's car today and watch it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Not sure if you have green waste collections up there but they've pulled ours for the foreseeable future due to losing drivers and having higher demand for other waste as well as the distancing issue.  I fully understand why they've done it, but it's a bit ironic that now everyone's at home with time to garden, they can't dispose of the waste!  The council have closed all the tips (sorry, recycling centres!) as well!

Regarding MS, I thought that was on the vulnerable list so you shouldn't be going out for 12 weeks?  

We've not done green waste for a few years...... thank goodness, very labour intensive.

Our recycling centers are still open but on shorter hours..... for now, I can see them closing sometime soon.

We're still picking up recycling for now but again for how long I'm not sure, I would think it won't be long before there won't be enough drivers and crew so they'll concentrate on rubbish collection.

As far as I am aware MS isn't on the 'stay inside for 12 weeks' list but is on the 'be very sensible and careful' list. If you catch CV-19 with MS you are at risk of your MS flaring up, which I really don't want.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Die hard is come on at 9pm today on film4. Hopefully will finish dad's car today and watch it. 

Die Hard? Is it Christmas already? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I do like Die Hard but I've watched that one so many times I'll give it a miss today! :smile: 

I'll be watching Noughts & Crosses at 9pm instead, it's really well written tbh, I've really got into it over the last few weeks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

We've not done green waste for a few years...... thank goodness, very labour intensive.

Our recycling centers are still open but on shorter hours..... for now, I can see them closing sometime soon.

We're still picking up recycling for now but again for how long I'm not sure, I would think it won't be long before there won't be enough drivers and crew so they'll concentrate on rubbish collection.

As far as I am aware MS isn't on the 'stay inside for 12 weeks' list but is on the 'be very sensible and careful' list. If you catch CV-19 with MS you are at risk of your MS flaring up, which I really don't want.

Yes that's right you are to be "particularly stringent in following social distancing measures".

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 6:47 AM, iantt said:

Not sure I qualify as skeleton staff as I am 17stone!! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club