Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like it being Friday night which usually means having a bottle of wine and watching a movie, but because I haven't worked since Monday every night since then has been like that!!  So no idea what I'll do other than the same thing again probably :confused:

Never mind I might have liver failure by the end of this lock down but at least I won't have COVID-19...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Try to enjoy your enforced time off, not easy I know. Get out in the fresh air, go for a walk..... responsibly of course. 

I've just contacted my work and have decided that due to health issues, MS, I won't be returning for the foreseeable future....12 weeks being the recommended time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like it being Friday night which usually means having a bottle of wine and watching a movie, but because I haven't worked since Monday every night since then has been like that!!  So no idea what I'll do other than the same thing again probably :confused:

Never mind I might have liver failure by the end of this lock down but at least I won't have COVID-19...

I will be joining the A.A by the end of this and weight watchers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don’t like going to start the car, only to be greeted with a completely flat battery. Gonna charge it up, but might be time for a new one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

Lol my dad has been sitting down at home watching TV and snacking. I'm been keeping busy machine polishing his car and cleaning my car 😂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, iantt said:

Me too!! :laugh:

50 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Try to enjoy your enforced time off, not easy I know. Get out in the fresh air, go for a walk..... responsibly of course. 

I've just contacted my work and have decided that due to health issues, MS, I won't be returning for the foreseeable future....12 weeks being the recommended time. 

I'd say that's a good idea given the circumstances. 

Well hopefully (I use that word loosely) I'll be working from home from Monday if they can get the system to work from my house, but I could still go for a walk round the village before or after and of course on weekends.

Being a habitual driver I am struggling with not being behind the wheel every day!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Don’t like going to start the car, only to be greeted with a completely flat battery. Gonna charge it up, but might be time for a new one.

If it has gone flat for no apparent reason then yes it will likely be new battery time...  I suspect at the end of this lock down there will be a lot of flat batteries as people just aren't driving as much so any battery slightly weak will go if left for long periods of time.

Just been for a 20 minute walk with Mrs Turvey, didn't realise I was so unfit!!! 

Can see this enforced home time might be a good time to start going out for a decent walk and getting the legs and lungs in decent order. 

• Like 3

I have done a few jobs in the garden , but after 30 mins I loose interest and go in for cuppa tea and packet of biscuits. Never eaten so much food during the day. Then by early afternoon I hit the raspberry vodka, still on it now. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, iantt said:

I've been trying to put weight on for over 6 months now...maybe this pandemic won't all be bad! :laugh:

49 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

The MK3?  If it was say on the forecourt for a while it'll probably just need a good charge.  I'm worried about the Golf battery...I usually drive every 2 or 3 days, albeit mostly short journeys.  It'll be stood for 6 days this time...and possibly more after that! :unsure:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, iantt said:

I have done a few jobs in the garden , but after 30 mins I loose interest and go in for cuppa tea and packet of biscuits. Never eaten so much food during the day. Then by early afternoon I hit the raspberry vodka, still on it now. 

This must be a man thing. I think after isolation I'm going to see if anyone has put on weight 😶

37 minutes ago, iantt said:

That's my problem I'm eating far too much and of course drinking as well because there's nothing better to do.

Once I get a can of petrol tomorrow I can sort the lawn and garden out that'll take an entire day for both.

I think we’re all going to look like the humans from wall-e by the end of this. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I've been trying to put weight on for over 6 months now...maybe this pandemic won't all be bad! :laugh:

The MK3?  If it was say on the forecourt for a while it'll probably just need a good charge.  I'm worried about the Golf battery...I usually drive every 2 or 3 days, albeit mostly short journeys.  It'll be stood for 6 days this time...and possibly more after that! :unsure:

Yeah, that’s my thoughts exactly. Going to give it a good charge in the morning. Hasn’t really been used apart from one motorway journey when I got it, and a couple of short shopping journeys.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

This must be a man thing. I think after isolation I'm going to see if anyone has put on weight 😶

After isolation? I'm putting it on by the day and I'm only been on day 2 at home from work. 

Also my body clock is telling me to get up early , anything from 3am to 6 am. You would have thought most people would stay in bed as they didn't need to go to work . 

Alcohol isn't making me sleep any more hours. Lol

I feel like I've got jet lag without the flight!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

After isolation? I'm putting it on by the day and I'm only been on day 2 at home from work. 

Also my body clock is telling me to get up early , anything from 3am to 6 am. You would have thought most people would stay in bed as they didn't need to go to work . 

I would be making the most of it and having a lie-in every day, except the kids wake up at 7am regardless of what day it is, and then dog around the same time...

At least the sun should be an hour later tomorrow...had that blinding me through the paper thin curtains at about 6am every morning so far...  And a ***** bird doing the night shift for the last few days...honestly what does it have to sing about at 4am!? 😮 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Glad I have blackout blinds and curtains.
Wifey and I are working mostly nights at present and having a dark bedroom is a must if we want to get enough sleep.

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

At least the sun should be an hour later tomorrow...had that blinding me through the paper thin curtains at about 6am every morning so far...  And a ***** bird doing the night shift for the last few days...honestly what does it have to sing about at 4am!? 😮 

You notice the birds more when there's no other background noise. I live not far from our town bypass and a housing building site. Without that noise it's so quiet. But the ***** birds have made up for it. The dog keeps going out chasing them every 5 minutes in the garden. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, iantt said:

It's funny you say that, I've been waking up a little early around 9-10am when I normally would wake up from 10:30 to 11:30 on a normal holiday if I'm not going out to hospital 

I don't like my PC's 8TB Media Drive throwing a wobbly,
I was just thinking of ordering parts to rebuild my old PC as a Home Server and boom!, my Media Drive freezes and disappears while I'm copying to it,
Rebooting there's lots of clicking noises and is slow to boot up, reset BIOS and it seemed the drive was not showing up at all,
Several reboots later and it listed in BIOS, luckily it's now booted into Windows fine and isn't making any more noise,
I've lost all faith in this Drive now so making extra Backups while it still works, but backing up 8TB to external drives takes 2-3 days lol.

• Sad 1

Going to SORN the Caterham this evening until all this ***** blows over. Only driven it 4 times since it was delivered :cry:

• Sad 2

45 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Going to SORN the Caterham this evening until all this ***** blows over. Only driven it 4 times since it was delivered :cry:

Does it really cost that much to tax it that it’s worth doing a SORN for 3(ish) months?

Just now, The Finance Guy said:

Does it really cost that much to tax it that’s it worth doing a SORN for 3(ish) months?

£22/month. Might as well save it as it's only takes 5 minutes.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club