Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

53 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Going to SORN the Caterham this evening until all this ***** blows over. Only driven it 4 times since it was delivered :cry:

I think most of us haven't been driving for a bit. Best to have a battery charger to keep the juice up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I think most of us haven't been driving for a bit. Best to have a battery charger to keep the juice up. 

The ST is only £12/month to tax so I'll just leave that I think. I know we probably don't need 2 cars right now, but psychologically I want things to remain as normal as possible throughout.

The Caterham has a battery cut-off so it should be fine :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TimST2 said:

£22/month. Might as well save it as it's only takes 5 minutes.

Fair game. Considering how easy it is I might look at SORNing my bike next winter - although I’m pretty sure it’s super cheap to tax and my luck would be that I SORN it and then we get a sunny November. 

First day of summer and it's snowing here!  With intermittent bursts of hot, blinding sunshine...  What is going on!? :unsure:  Can't the atmosphere cope with last weeks significant drop in CO2 levels? :laugh: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

First day of summer and it's snowing here!  With intermittent bursts of hot, blinding sunshine...  What is going on!? :unsure:  Can't the atmosphere cope with last weeks significant drop in CO2 levels? :laugh: 

Lol snowing? I completely forgot about the time moving an hour forward. I got out out of bed and checked the time on my phone and it saying its 1:10. Had to adjust my clock beside my bed

• Haha 1

I don't like that my broadband line appears to be dropping again when it starts to rain. Not the best time to be locked in and trying to work from home.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zico said:

I don't like that my broadband line appears to be dropping again when it starts to rain. Not the best time to be locked in and trying to work from home.

I heard this stuff is getting a bit interfered due to the increase of people using it. It's annoying but hopefully it's not overwhelming to lead to problems with the network 

It's definitely the rain that's the problem, it's happened before last year but for whatever reason it stopped for a while. Then yesterday the minute it started to rain it dropped, and again this morning when it started. Reported the issue last year to the ISP who did there remote checks without finding any issues (a given if the fault is intermittent) and can only advise that if an Openreach engineer attends and finds no fault that you'll get charged the ~£130 fee. Not knocking Openreach engineers but they don't get enough time to search for intermittent faults and obviously with things as they are now, I'm guessing that it will be an even harder task when they won't enter houses due to the virus threat.

I'll see how it goes during the next week but hate the ~300m of copper phone cable that is between the home and the FTTC cabinet :sad:.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zico said:

It's definitely the rain that's the problem, it's happened before last year but for whatever reason it stopped for a while. Then yesterday the minute it started to rain it dropped, and again this morning when it started. Reported the issue last year to the ISP who did there remote checks without finding any issues (a given if the fault is intermittent) and can only advise that if an Openreach engineer attends and finds no fault that you'll get charged the ~£130 fee. Not knocking Openreach engineers but they don't get enough time to search for intermittent faults and obviously with things as they are now, I'm guessing that it will be an even harder task when they won't enter houses due to the virus threat.

I'll see how it goes during the next week but hate the ~300m of copper phone cable that is between the home and the FTTC cabinet :sad:.

It won’t help that it’s pot lock whether you get an engineer that can be bothered to investigate either. 

When I was still living at home it took 3 engineers coming out until the last one did some proper investigation and found that the wire between the drop line from the pole and the internal wiring as it goes through the wall was the original 1960s corroded wiring. Lazy people before had just cut it each side of the wall and reconnected when it got rewired.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yep we had that in Scotland too!  I thought I was seeing things at first...

• Like 1

i woke up at 5.30 thid morning and checked weather forcast and it said snow in 30 mins. i thought i was looking at a different part of the world on my acuweather app. 

but it didnt snow afterall.

I don't like walking back to my car to find this...

I know the reg of the owner of vehicle that did this, there was only one other car parked beside me, in a completely remote area with no other souls around. His dog had tried attacking me earlier when we crossed paths, I swung a big stick at it to scare it off, but never even touched the dog once. And I kept walking away the whole time, never once did I stop, or do anything else to aggravate the dog owner.

Sadly my local police constabulary said they don't have time to investigate it as they are understaffed at the moment. I hope the prick that did this gets a good dose of karma one day. What a wuss, to do this behind my back, if he had a problem with me, he should have squared up to me. Now I'm going to be hundreds of quid out of pocket.

EDIT: the prick also fly-tipped - and chucked some interior car trim (parcel shelf?) with puke all over it, into the bushes right near where he had parked.

2020-03-29 15.42.11 - Copy.jpg

• Sad 4

What a total tool.
Obviously another totall self absorbed, anti-social *****.

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Like 2

@Incontro what an absolute idiot that person is. Hopefully God will punish them with something. I'd probably see later on if you can report it again after this stuff with CoronaVirus dies down a little 

• Like 1

I don't like that my mum was taken to hospital last night after being ill for nearly 2 weeks. 
They found she was anemic and is going to be given a transfusion. 

Unfortunately they are also testing for Covid-19 as her other symptoms fit the description. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Incontro said:

I don't like walking back to my car to find this...

I know the reg of the owner of vehicle that did this, there was only one other car parked beside me, in a completely remote area with no other souls around. His dog had tried attacking me earlier when we crossed paths, I swung a big stick at it to scare it off, but never even touched the dog once. And I kept walking away the whole time, never once did I stop, or do anything else to aggravate the dog owner.

Sadly my local police constabulary said they don't have time to investigate it as they are understaffed at the moment. I hope the prick that did this gets a good dose of karma one day. What a wuss, to do this behind my back, if he had a problem with me, he should have squared up to me. Now I'm going to be hundreds of quid out of pocket.

EDIT: the prick also fly-tipped - and chucked some interior car trim (parcel shelf?) with puke all over it, into the bushes right near where he had parked.

2020-03-29 15.42.11 - Copy.jpg

That's just pure scum of the earth, hardly surprising his dog was aggressive as they usually take after their owners.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like that my mum was taken to hospital last night after being ill for nearly 2 weeks. 

Unfortunately they are also testing for Covid-19 as her other symptoms fit the description. 

Sorry to hear that, at least if they are testing then they can deal with it should she be positive but hopefully not.

1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

My mum's not be too well this week as well, not CV related, and I've had to go up to her to give her a hand even though I'm meant to be staying away from everyone because of my MS. It's a tough time for folk.

Stay safe and hope your mum's ok 😉👍

Hope everyone's ok with the corona - I'm pretty sure I had it myself circa two weeks ago, now my brother just started with the exact same symptoms. I'm looking after elderly parent atm.

Update on the car situation in case anyone wants to know the bill:

Local sweat shop quoted around 300 to pop the dent out (but obviously only the outer door skin would be fixed, and any warped sheet metal underneath), and around 600 to replace the door from a donor vehicle (respray, swap over Speakers, glass, other door trim etc.). Matter is with insurance co at the moment, 600 is too steep. Hopefully the other party (or their insurer) will admit liability, but I'm not overly optimistic. 

• Sad 2

Terrible news @Incontro mate Beautiful car you have mate, 

Absolute nightmare to see that happen.

I came here to post but I'm not trying to distract from your experience mate, 

I'll post in the light hearted COVID-19 thread instead 

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Terrible news @Incontro mate Beautiful car you have mate, 

Absolute nightmare to see that happen.

I came here to post but I'm not trying to distract from your experience mate, 

I'll post in the light hearted COVID-19 thread instead 

Thanks mate 👍 Like most people on here my car is my pride and joy, I get annoyed if a passenger even slams the door lol

What are you driving nowadays, you still got the Focus ZS?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

Thanks mate 👍 Like most people on here my car is my pride and joy, I get annoyed if a passenger even slams the door lol

What are you driving nowadays, you still got the Focus ZS?

I'd love to have a mondeo like yours in exactly the same colour too; 

But yeah I'm still driving the same focus almost ten years now; I've just been fitting Recaro seats last weekend after purchasing a set locally for very cheap few weeks ago 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/115717-rusty-recaro-seat-rail-repair-focus-st-mk2-mk25-2005-2011/

I've not been doing much with the car in recent years though most of my attention has been on improving the house and taking care of the family needs 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/

I've been updating each post with progress which makes it easier to follow but the dates dont reflect the time of progress if you know what I mean; i restructured it a while back to show each room with the progress in that room rather than a post by post makes it easier to follow; but all my spare money and overtime is going in to it and our kids these days; only I got a great price on the Recaro's I wouldn't have been at it to be honest but I'm glad I did as it gave me something to do the weekend. 

13 hours ago, Incontro said:

Hope everyone's ok with the corona - I'm pretty sure I had it myself circa two weeks ago, now my brother just started with the exact same symptoms. I'm looking after elderly parent atm.

Update on the car situation in case anyone wants to know the bill:

Local sweat shop quoted around 300 to pop the dent out (but obviously only the outer door skin would be fixed, and any warped sheet metal underneath), and around 600 to replace the door from a donor vehicle (respray, swap over speakers, glass, other door trim etc.). Matter is with insurance co at the moment, 600 is too steep. Hopefully the other party (or their insurer) will admit liability, but I'm not overly optimistic. 

£600 for a door swap is taking the pee tbh!

Offer £200 for this one and swap your own speaker and glass on to it... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-DOOR-Ford-Mondeo-2014-On-WHITE-PASSENGERS-ESTATE-WARRANTY-11222641/163917214883?fits=Model%3AMondeo+V+Turnier&hash=item262a3a34a3:g:FVUAAOSw~b1dsZvx

Even £200 for a bare door seems a hell of a lot for a common car in a common colour but I guess that's the nature of new cars! 😮 

I don't like that Tesco changed their opening hours since I last looked 2 days ago!  Also don't like that the car's frozen, and the potential of the battery being flat...  Now have to get there and get out between opening at 8am, and elderly hour at 9am!  And I'm really worried about getting stopped and fined for being out driving...real life Tom is not the same as forum Tom, I have a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and not being able to explain my way out of things, even when I'm doing nothing wrong. :unsure: 

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like that Tesco changed their opening hours since I last looked 2 days ago!  Also don't like that the car's frozen, and the potential of the battery being flat...  Now have to get there and get out between opening at 8am, and elderly hour at 9am!  And I'm really worried about getting stopped and fined for being out driving...real life Tom is not the same as forum Tom, I have a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and not being able to explain my way out of things, even when I'm doing nothing wrong. :unsure: 

Can you think of any positives for the day ahead to relieve the worry? 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club