Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

23 hours ago, zain611 said:

To me it sounds like some sort of vibration. If it's an injector could do a leak off test. Might be something emissions related like EGR. You want to make sure the DPF isn't getting clogged up to a point also 

The vibration is the dashcam against the screen when it's juddering/kangaroo'ing, it's the metal rattle that's coming from the engine somewhere but it is hard to hear I know.

Funny you mention DPF...no-one can keep a DPF clean during lockdown!! :laugh: Fortunately mine hasn't tried to regen yet but I know it won't be able to complete when it does!

21 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Just thought Tom does your engine have the stupid plastic flap on the EGR/Anti-shudder valve?  If so that is known to go on the BKP and causes juddering/shaking, but usually only on idle.

Plastic butterfly flap?  Hadn't heard of that lol, sounds like a terrible idea!  My old A3 was a BKD and may have had the same, but the Golf is a common rail engine, CFFB, and appears to have a metal one from a quick eBay search!

I have noticed something interesting though...on both videos it very clearly starts after a gearchange into 3rd...and stops once in 4th...  I'm wondering if there's a dodgy 3rd gear intermediate temperature map that's switching at that point causing the judder...and the metal rattle is caused by something unrelated (anything metal and loose, exhaust etc!).  Something to think about anyway...  Of course, the annoying thing is I can't drive it anywhere at the moment so just have to wait until next weeks Tesco visit to see what happens! :laugh: 

• Like 1

I do like hot cross buns, but don't like how sticky they are!  Who decided to ruin a lovely, easy to handle, bun by wiping jam all over them!?  Can't even get them halved and in the toaster without getting absolutely coated in it...and then trying to prize them away from your fingers with a pry bar...  Time they've been toasted it's all gone anyway, so what's the point!? :laugh: 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like hot cross buns, but don't like how sticky they are!  Who decided to ruin a lovely, easy to handle, bun by wiping jam all over them!?  Can't even get them halved and in the toaster without getting absolutely coated in it...and then trying to prize them away from your fingers with a pry bar...  Time they've been toasted it's all gone anyway, so what's the point!? :laugh: 

It's a sugar glaze 😉

Makes them shiny (and yes a little sticky, lol).

Ideally you only want to toast them on the inside, either with the bagel setting on your toaster, if you have it, or using a grill to just toast one side. Some toasters come with racks to do it too.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Thank you all. 
I have spoken to the nurses tonight and things are improving slightly. She's still on oxygen but not as much, they have now stopped the antibiotics and also removed the fluid drips. 
She's breathing a little better and is now able to sit up. 
It is still a critical time though but, touchwood, she will hopefully pull through. 

That's good to see. Did she have any shortness of breath? Normally from what I remember they supply around 1-3 litres an hour of oxygen if someone presents with that until things stabalise and so reduces it slowly which is good 👍

50 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It's a sugar glaze 😉

Makes them shiny (and yes a little sticky, lol).

Ideally you only want to toast them on the inside, either with the bagel setting on your toaster, if you have it, or using a grill to just toast one side. Some toasters come with racks to do it too.

So it's just for looks...did someone varnish the crucifix to make it look pretty then? :laugh: 

This is also the first I'm hearing that bagels should only be toasted on one side! 😮  Best not to get me started on those too...

Jake @dubiousrhetoric Follow [after l cut a bagel] would you like the side that is somehow three times larger than the original bagel or the side that is the first object ever to have only two dimensions 1004 AM- 18 Feb 2018 28776

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Plastic butterfly flap?  Hadn't heard of that lol, sounds like a terrible idea!  My old A3 was a BKD and may have had the same, but the Golf is a common rail engine, CFFB, and appears to have a metal one from a quick ebay search!

I have noticed something interesting though...on both videos it very clearly starts after a gearchange into 3rd...and stops once in 4th...  I'm wondering if there's a dodgy 3rd gear intermediate temperature map that's switching at that point causing the judder...and the metal rattle is caused by something unrelated (anything metal and loose, exhaust etc!).  Something to think about anyway...  Of course, the annoying thing is I can't drive it anywhere at the moment so just have to wait until next weeks Tesco visit to see what happens! :laugh: 

Yep, but what else do you expect from VAG!!  Making luxury cars with the cheapest parts possible whilst increasing the sale prices each year...  Great for their profits but not so good for those who want to keep the cars a long time and then these stupid plastic parts break.  Same as their electronic parking brake with poorly designed rear calipers, turbos that blow up randomly, tailgates that stop opening, steering locks that fail and leave you stranded...  I could go on! :no:

If I could get my hands on an old school Passat from the 80s or 90s with a diesel engine I would grab it but of course they are now getting really rare and valuable.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 9:17 PM, Lenny said:

I'd love to have a mondeo like yours in exactly the same colour too; 

But yeah I'm still driving the same focus almost ten years now; I've just been fitting Recaro seats last weekend after purchasing a set locally for very cheap few weeks ago 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/115717-rusty-recaro-seat-rail-repair-focus-st-mk2-mk25-2005-2011/

I've not been doing much with the car in recent years though most of my attention has been on improving the house and taking care of the family needs 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/

I've been updating each post with progress which makes it easier to follow but the dates dont reflect the time of progress if you know what I mean; i restructured it a while back to show each room with the progress in that room rather than a post by post makes it easier to follow; but all my spare money and overtime is going in to it and our kids these days; only I got a great price on the Recaro's I wouldn't have been at it to be honest but I'm glad I did as it gave me something to do the weekend. 

Thanks mate, I'd highly recommend it as a car. It's been really reliable thus far (knock wood), and it's extremely comfortable and refined, and fun to drive. It doesn't handle as good as the Focus Mk2.5 did obviously, but if you wanted to, you could fit aftermarket coils and it would probably do a lot better. Mine also drinks petrol (as it's a 2L turbo and heavy car) but you can get it in various diesel variants if you want. Check autotrader out - the price has really dropped on them over the past year, you can pick up decent condition well-specced second hand ones for around 10k, but I suppose in Ireland cars are more expensive ☹️

Always impressed with the level of handyman skills you have, if only I were as half as useful lol! Some day when I have my own house and spare time, I might start tinkering around and doing my own jobs 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Second time CoD has been down in a week! :sad:

Wouldn't mind do much if there was anything else to do while the laptop is recharging!! :rolleyes:

388225961_IMG_20200403_1051147582.thumb.jpg.288f8a735c7032610328fdec34ea65ab.jpg

• Like 1

I don’t like my battery charger not turning up yesterday, not very helpful when I need the car to go back to work (I do couriering).

• Like 1

Anyone else find they're running out of internet?  Despite everyone being at home, forum/Facebook posts seem to be much lower than normal across the board...  Or maybe I'm just spending more time on them so going through more than usual? :g:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Anyone else find they're running out of internet?  Despite everyone being at home, forum/Facebook posts seem to be much lower than normal across the board...  Or maybe I'm just spending more time on them so going through more than usual? :g:

When you say running out of internet, do you mean running out of things to look at?

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

When you say running out of internet, do you mean running out of things to look at?

Yeah, I feel like I've nearly completed the internet... :unsure: 

Should probably rephrase that as things that I want to look at though...there are many things online I don't want to look at! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah, I feel like I've nearly completed the internet... :unsure: 

Should probably rephrase that as things that I want to look at though...there are many things online I don't want to look at! :laugh: 

I can't remember the exact fact but more is put on the internet every day than you'd ever have time to look at, lol.

Good time to catch up on TV boxsets, games you've been meaning to finish, etc.

• Like 1

I get bored so easily ,I tend to go to the same sites then when I've read through posts or news. That's it then either time to go do something in the garden , wipe the dust off the car or have yet another sleep. Had a sleep only 2 hours after getting up this morning. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I can't remember the exact fact but more is put on the internet every day than you'd ever have time to look at, lol.

Good time to catch up on TV boxsets, games you've been meaning to finish, etc.

Who leaves games unfinished? 😮  I only play 2 games...but sadly Assassins Creed didn't release a new one last year so I've only got CoD to play this year, when the online player is working anyway. :rolleyes:  I suppose I could try GTA5 again, but I haven't played that for about 5 years as I wasn't keen on the online play on that... 

I don't really do boxsets, don't have the attention span. I like forums and FB for the past pace, the fact I can come and go whenever and flick between them for some variety...that's what I'm missing atm.  Never thought I'd miss the 50 posts a day asking why the stop start doesn't work! 🤭 

I do use Instagram now, but reserve that for when I'm in the loo as it works better on the phone than other apps.  Plus I'd run out of Insta pretty quickly if I was using it on the laptop and would have nothing to use on the loo!  :laugh: 

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Who leaves games unfinished? 😮  I only play 2 games...but sadly Assassins Creed didn't release a new one last year so I've only got CoD to play this year, when the online player is working anyway. :rolleyes:  I suppose I could try GTA5 again, but I haven't played that for about 5 years as I wasn't keen on the online play on that... 

I don't really do boxsets, don't have the attention span. I like forums and FB for the past pace, the fact I can come and go whenever and flick between them for some variety...that's what I'm missing atm.  Never thought I'd miss the 50 posts a day asking why the stop start doesn't work! 🤭 

I do use Instagram now, but reserve that for when I'm in the loo as it works better on the phone than other apps.  Plus I'd run out of Insta pretty quickly if I was using it on the laptop and would have nothing to use on the loo!  :laugh: 

Steam sales mean I have games I've never even launched 😅

I only completed Dragon Age Inquisition a month or two ago and I've had it from launch. Just started ME:Andromeda.

I have so many games I have started an not finished, or ones I haven't started that are in my "queue". But often a game I'm really hyped about comes out and the queue gets longer.

I guess with TLoU2 being delayed gives me more time to catch up, but FF7 Remake is out next week, so that will be taking up my time soon, lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iantt said:

I get bored so easily ,I tend to go to the same sites then when I've read through posts or news. That's it then either time to go do something in the garden , wipe the dust off the car or have yet another sleep. Had a sleep only 2 hours after getting up this morning. 

Me too, I never understand how people can just sit and do nothing for hours at a time! 

I can't sleep during the day though, even when I'm absolutely knackered my brain just goes 'nope, still light' lol.  I did try having a 'lie down' on Tuesday afternoon but that was a terrible idea, just caused myself horrendous reflux which didn't settle for hours afterwards.

Think I could occupy myself for bit longer if I had a garden but even that would probably be boring by now, I think we're on day 11 of lockdown now. 

I think the slowdown of the club is not down to lack of interest but more because less people are driving and therefore are concerned more about their health than whether their car is misbehaving.
If you look at the club activity you'll see most posts are in non car related topics.
I predict that in a couple of months there will be a surge in posts with titles like - "my car won't start", "my car is filthy" and "my brakes are rusted on"
[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I do wonder if Ford Fair is going to happen this year. I'm certainly not booking any tickets, Kelsey has a comment on there about the virus, but seems to think they'll be going ahead.

I think even if the current form of lockdown is relaxed by then, big gatherings like concerts, or events like Ford fair, still won't be allowed. But 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I really hope the current lockdown will be relaxed by August. 😮  

I'm not sure I'd want to go to any large gatherings even if they are on though.  The summer shows I usually go to had actually already been cancelled for 2020, way before C19 was even on the radar, and a few smaller meets have since been cancelled for the next few months.  There is still one proper show at the beginning of August that still looks like it's going ahead at the moment though.  

I do wonder if Ford Fair is going to happen this year. I'm certainly not booking any tickets, Kelsey has a comment on there about the virus, but seems to think they'll be going ahead.
I think even if the current form of lockdown is relaxed by then, big gatherings like concerts, or events like Ford fair, still won't be allowed. But [emoji2369]
We can hope it will go ahead but given the timeframe and current situations I think a lot of would be attendees would feel a bit twitchy about a big gathering so soon after being basically turned into reluctant agoraphobics.
If there is a show this year and all covid based concerns are gone then I'll be there with bells on but we'll just have to wait and see.

Sent from my SM-G965F

They can't just release the lockdown.  Until we have a reliable antibody test then lockdown will have to be eased off bit by bit.

• Like 2

I'll certainly be avoiding gatherings of that size for the rest of the year, though I might go up to Caffeine and Machine at some point just to do something nice once all this blows over. 

• Like 2

Anyone have any ideas on how to pass the time 😅? I have 4 assignments to give in 2 on the same day on the 8th which I'm nearly done with. 

I can't just sit in my room all day on the laptop. Yesterday felt really horrible ruminating about that girl but can't be not on my laptop for the whole day as I have work to do. One good this is one of my exams has changed its format where I have to print the paper and submit it it in 24 hours. Hopefully makes it easier as I can use resources for the answer 😊

4 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

They can't just release the lockdown.  Until we have a reliable antibody test then lockdown will have to be eased off bit by bit.

Absolutely agree;

I've been saying that to a few people which think were going back to normal in a few weeks, the principals in my opinion are much the same as health & safety in the workplace; 

Takes almost no responsibility or education to lock things down; yet it is a very powerful thing to do; it takes huge responsibility to put your signature on the line to say "it's ok now" 

Personally I think there saying "for a few weeks" to reduce panic as theres no choice in the matter; then as the death toll unfortunately rises; there hoping the public will eventually be content to stay in doors as they eventually see how serious this actually is, 

At the moment the only way to stop it is to prevent the spread; then it is irradiatedecated from coast to coast; very much more difficult to do on the continent, and any human contact is a risk of continuing the spread; it is a huge mammoth process but we must weather the storm for the future of each other; 

And I'm going to stop now as I'm starting to sound like a political leader 😂 but it's all very true I totally agree with you, and the governments really dont want lockdown neither as there losing revenue; it really is the virus that is the core issue and stopping the spread at all cost 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club