Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like realising how unfit I am!

I had a pal come down last week to cut bushes back and to take the height down. Today I took the hedge trimmer to it to try and thin out the old twigs and branches from ground level up to shoulder height, took me a couple of hours but by the end of it my arms, shoulders and back were so sore I could hardly lift the, quite light, trimmer and hold the switches/handle in! Got it done though and even managed to get about half of the rubbish gathered up and burnt in the chiminiea 😃

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like realising how unfit I am!

I had a pal come down last week to cut bushes back and to take the height down. Today I took the hedge trimmer to it to try and thin out the old twigs and branches from ground level up to shoulder height, took me a couple of hours but by the end of it my arms, shoulders and back were so sore I could hardly lift the, quite light, trimmer and hold the switches/handle in! Got it done though and even managed to get about half of the rubbish gathered up and burnt in the chiminiea 😃

You're still fitter than me by the sounds of it.  I went for a walk today (less than 1 mile) and by the end of it I felt like I needed a hip replacement!

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

You're still fitter than me by the sounds of it.  I went for a walk today (less than 1 mile) and by the end of it I felt like I needed a hip replacement!

When this weather gets a bit better I must start going out for more walks. Went out for a gentle 15 minute saunter the other day and wished I hadn't! 😃

• Like 2

This is what I'm currently doing. Doing dumbbell exercises (today trying to get my triceps) whilst playing gta san andreas listening to the radio stations on there 😂. Moved up to 13kg so hoping to see some more improvements 

Screenshot_20200403-225515.png

• Like 3

10 hours ago, zain611 said:

This is what I'm currently doing. Doing dumbbell exercises (today trying to get my triceps) whilst playing gta san andreas listening to the radio stations on there 😂. Moved up to 13kg so hoping to see some more improvements 

Who says men can't multitask? 😃

• Like 1

I like the perspective in that shot making the dumbells look as big as the TV! :biggrin: 

I'm also badly unfit now.  Went for a 30 min walk yesterday for the first time in a week (unless driving to Tesco counts?) and had a bad dizzy spell half way round.  Not sure it was triggered by anxiety pushing my BPM & BP up, or the fact I kept involuntarily holding my breath every time someone walked within 100 metres of me lol, or if it was something else.  I did have 3 other dizzy spells at home yesterday as well though. :sad:  I also managed to cause a wrist ache by leaning my hand on the table for 10 minutes writing a shopping list yesterday and a knee ache by just standing at the sink washing up...  Bodies feel so fragile. :sad:  It's also confirmed that I won't be able move any large items when I eventually move to the other flat (if that's even still happening...been waiting 3 months and could now be several more!) and will have to reluctantly get someone in to help. :sad: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I like the perspective in that shot making the dumbells look as big as the TV! :biggrin: 

I'm also badly unfit now.  Went for a 30 min walk yesterday for the first time in a week (unless driving to Tesco counts?) and had a bad dizzy spell half way round.  Not sure it was triggered by anxiety pushing my BPM & BP up, or the fact I kept involuntarily holding my breath every time someone walked within 100 metres of me lol, or if it was something else.  I did have 3 other dizzy spells at home yesterday as well though. :sad:  I also managed to cause a wrist ache by leaning my hand on the table for 10 minutes writing a shopping list yesterday and a knee ache by just standing at the sink washing up...  Bodies feel so fragile. :sad:  It's also confirmed that I won't be able move any large items when I eventually move to the other flat (if that's even still happening...been waiting 3 months and could now be several more!) and will have to reluctantly get someone in to help. :sad: 

I’ve been out in the garage doing weights and the exercise bike, I’ve been quite out of shape since I stopped playing football (although I’m no fitness freak) and I refuse to go to the gym. This battery polava is causing me to lose weight through strees lol.

• Like 2

I don't like that my feet and ankles are killing me after only walking 1.5 miles...  Still it is the most I've walked in 5 years so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1

I don't like that I got a delivery of aviation books/magazines during the week and it went to my neighbour downstairs. 
He finally got hold of me on Wednesday and placed the parcel on the ground (keeping the 2m minimal distance away).
Anyway, the part I don't like is that it appears they sent a copy of the wrong magazine. I ordered one on cold war bombers but they sent one on cold war jets. 
As I didn't open the package until yesterday, I can't let the publisher/supplier know until Monday that they sent the wrong one. 

I have since ordered another load of books/magazines from the same place and once again put the cold war bombers one into the order. 
I will call them tomorrow to ensure they send the correct one this time as there's no point in me having 2 of the same item. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like that I got a delivery of aviation books/magazines during the week and it went to my neighbour downstairs. 
He finally got hold of me on Wednesday and placed the parcel on the ground (keeping the 2m minimal distance away).
Anyway, the part I don't like is that it appears they sent a copy of the wrong magazine. I ordered one on cold war bombers but they sent one on cold war jets. 
As I didn't open the package until yesterday, I can't let the publisher/supplier know until Monday that they sent the wrong one. 

I have since ordered another load of books/magazines from the same place and once again put the cold war bombers one into the order. 
I will call them tomorrow to ensure they send the correct one this time as there's no point in me having 2 of the same item. 

Good to see they "finally landed" at there destination though 😅

I don't like how 4 hours in the garden has completely knackered my joints and muscles!!

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like how 4 hours in the garden has completely knackered my joints and muscles!!

Voltaren gel is great; theres a stronger version available in chemist 

https://www.voltaren.ca/products/voltaren-emulgel-extra-strength.html 

If you havent used before; it works like deep heat only its stronger and has no odour atall 

Highly recommended mate, 

I once had an ace tabular hip fracture so I know pain aswell as the mental impact it can have, 

Still wirth the efforts to admire your hard work in the garden and I'm sure you didn't end up that way from sitting in a chair all your life mate; so take it easy for a few days to recover and admire a job well done. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

If you havent used before; it works like deep heat only its stronger and has no odour atall 

And if it's anything like DeepHeat, mind and wash your hands before scratching your 🏐🏐. Speaking from experience of classmates spraying it on after PE!!! 😲😠

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Turvey said:

And if it's anything like DeepHeat, mind and wash your hands before scratching your 🏐🏐. Speaking from experience of classmates spraying it on after PE!!! 😲😠

Or rubbing your eyes #OwGodMakeItStop

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2020 at 10:57 PM, zain611 said:

That takes me back...

CSR 98.3, Radio Los Santos, K-Rose, Playback FM, K-DST, I think GTA SA was the best GTA in terms of soundtrack 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Incontro said:

That takes me back...

CSR 98.3, Radio Los Santos, K-Rose, Playback FM, K-DST, I think GTA SA was the best GTA in terms of soundtrack 

Not forgetting SFUR & Bounce as well!  I regularly used to do the trucker side missions just listening to the radio on San Andreas! :laugh: 

• Like 1

I think San andreas or probably vice city had the best soundtracks in it. 

59 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Definitely!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lenny said:

Highly recommended mate, 

I once had an ace tabular hip fracture so I know pain aswell as the mental impact it can have, 

Still wirth the efforts to admire your hard work in the garden and I'm sure you didn't end up that way from sitting in a chair all your life mate; so take it easy for a few days to recover and admire a job well done. 

Thanks Lenny I will have a look and yes the garden is looking 10 times better.  Especially as my office overlooks the garden and since I'm working from home I will be seeing it for 8 hours a day!!

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Not forgetting SFUR & Bounce as well!  I regularly used to do the trucker side missions just listening to the radio on San Andreas! :laugh: 

SF-UR sounds like an alien radio station to me :laugh: Bounce was ok I guess.

Likewise, I used to aimlessly drive around the countryside listening to radio. Lockdown now got me driving around in GTA V from time to time when I get bored, the graphics are way better, but it just doesn't have the warm nostalgic glow that SA did!

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

Yeah Vice City soundtrack was also ace, Vice City Stories too. Loved Emotion 98.3 and Flash FM!

• Like 2

I don't like how many times I've heard the word unprecedented over the last few weeks... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like how many times I've heard the word unprecedented over the last few weeks... 

I think I've heard it also by 2 people 

Screenshot_20200403-212722.png

_20190516_151308.JPG

• Like 1

@jmurray01 did you hear about Boris going to intensive care because of covid19? Doesn't sound good 😲

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@jmurray01 did you hear about Boris going to intensive care because of covid19? Doesn't sound good 😲

Supposedly it’s just in case he needs a ventilator. Hopefully he’ll be ok and it’s just a case of needing to have the equipment to hand

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

Supposedly it’s just in case he needs a ventilator. Hopefully he’ll be ok and it’s just a case of needing to have the equipment to hand

They did mention his symptoms worsening which isn't a good sign. I've been in a ICU ward before and it's not great on the condition of patients there. Most don't seem to be conscious on what's happening