Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Pfft, lockdown is the ideal time for a bit of street racing...  You should've had the edge on a GTD too...well, until you had to stop for fuel and he still had half a tank left... :tongue:

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Special shoutout to the muppet in the Golf GTD this evening, who despite no other traffic around decided to tailgate me so closely down the high street I couldn’t see the VW badge on the front 🤬

I get that a lot when I'm in the work truck! 😠

I've found the best thing to do is just let your foot off the throttle! By the time you reach 15-20mph they usually get the message and start hanging back, in a fight between a car and the back end of a 32 ton Iveco I think I know what would win 😃

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

I set my cruise control to 29mph when someone does that. 

I did slow down a bit, but he didn’t seem to get the message!

1 hour ago, iantt said:

I just brake hard when folk do that. Or when I had the focus with normal handbrake, I would put that on then they had no indication I was slowing. Lol 

Yeah I tapped the brakes to try and get him to back off, didn’t work!

49 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Pfft, lockdown is the ideal time for a bit of street racing...  You should've had the edge on a GTD too...well, until you had to stop for fuel and he still had half a tank left... :tongue:

Lol we both ironically stopped for fuel, I went to the next petrol station down because it was cheaper 😂

23 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I get that a lot when I'm in the work truck! 😠

I've found the best thing to do is just let your foot off the throttle! By the time you reach 15-20mph they usually get the message and start hanging back, in a fight between a car and the back end of a 32 ton Iveco I think I know what would win 😃

Honestly think this dude was brain dead, as I’ve said above I did try and ease off but he was still trying to join me in the boot! Think an Iveco should be my next purchase 🤣

• Like 2

I'd fit a rear dash cam and report them. There's some weird drivers out there. Once dad had someone tailgating him and when he turned into the road he noticed it was an old lady who probably didn't have a clue what she was doing. Seeing peoples responses I think I need to slow down if someone does it to me next though that's likely if they don't have an opportunity to overtake me. 

Few days back I had a guy in a type R behind me slowing down and booting it coming up behind me. I will say he didn't come up right behind me and kept a decent space behind me. Probably wanted to hear his raspy exhaust 😂

Man I've been looking at possible things to do on the fiesta if I am able to keep it. Was looking at the audi style devil headlights and some bola b1 in bronze or gold. Would look 👌

• Like 2

After having the inconvenience of going to work 2 or 3 days a week recently( and for 3-4 hours a time) I'm going to have to fill my car up with fuel this month. Last time was mid march. 

• Like 2

Had some tool in a bronze coloured, 20 plate Suzuki Swift go flying past me on the inside lane this evening while I was going 70 in my work car.
He shortly slammed the anchors on due to two cars in front being parallel with each other at the speed limit and I could see him getting pissy as he started weaving and trying to bully them out of the way.
He was even more upset when I lit him up and ticketed him for speeding (95 in a 70 zone) and reckless driving.
Btw, it was a hire car because he stacked his company Mercedes three weeks ago and has a pending court appearance due to the crash being speed related (85 in a 60 zone) [emoji1787]
Some people are just incapable of learning from their mistakes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I don't like putting on a movie and seeing this...

20200501_233943.thumb.jpg.97b2b8ee484abd6552ad1dd5fcbc2a38.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iantt said:

After having the inconvenience of going to work 2 or 3 days a week recently( and for 3-4 hours a time) I'm going to have to fill my car up with fuel this month. Last time was mid march. 

Best to fill it to the brim while the prices are cheap 👌

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Had some tool in a bronze coloured, 20 plate Suzuki Swift go flying past me on the inside lane this evening while I was going 70 in my work car.
He shortly slammed the anchors on due to two cars in front being parallel with each other at the speed limit and I could see him getting pissy as he started weaving and trying to bully them out of the way.
He was even more upset when I lit him up and ticketed him for speeding (95 in a 70 zone) and reckless driving.
Btw, it was a hire car because he stacked his company Mercedes three weeks ago and has a pending court appearance due to the crash being speed related (85 in a 60 zone) emoji1787.png
Some people are just incapable of learning from their mistakes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

What a happy ending 👏. This is something I don't understand. How do some people not learn from their mistakes. The amount of people my age I hear with points on their licence. My friends friend back in college I heard had 6 points already on his licence and a friend in uni told me he got 6 points and I knew it was due to driving with no insurance. Honestly I'd never risk it. Best thing with my car is people may take it as a boy racers car so don't bother me as much unless it's someone who doesn't care or is a boy racer. I am getting confident on reporting drivers on their bad driving. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

Best to fill it to the brim while the prices are cheap 👌

that's my plan too👍

• Like 1

I'm genuinely surprised how many of you have issues with tailgaters...  I rarely ever get tailgated, certainly not to the point I'd want to report them.  If someone comes up behind on the dual carriageway, I always move over to let them pass, as I expect the same in return.  People do often get close as I slow for a 30 limit, but I don't feel the need to do anything about it, eventually they back off or overtake...or we get to the next 60 and I lose them as they only wanted to do 37 anyway lol.    I have far more problems the opposite way with slow people pulling out in front! :laugh:   Even during lockdown where there's barely any traffic about I'm still getting this at least once per drive, even on a 2 mile trip to Tesco.  I've come to the conclusion they must be doing it on purpose, you can't accidentally pull out on the only other car on the road! :unsure: :lol:

The company car drivers that tailgate are probably pressured to get to places on time, only takes one accident or roadworks to knock their whole day out which they get penalised for, they don't have time for slow people not making decent progress.  Not an excuse, just an explanation.  My Mum looks after a fleet as part of her job and regularly has to deal with speeding tickets and parking fines. It's just an occupational hazard to them.  They won't lose their licence at court even with maximum points as they need the car for their job. 

• Like 1

I don't like 'winning an iPhone' every minute or so this morning...has the forum been hacked?  It's not happening on any other site/tab that I have open! :unsure: 

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like 'winning an iPhone' every minute or so this morning...has the forum been hacked?  It's not happening on any other site/tab that I have open! :unsure: 

It’s something embedded in a third party ad probably. Happens regularly enough on another forum I’m on. Admins should be able to sort it but it will return. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm genuinely surprised how many of you have issues with tailgaters...  I rarely ever get tailgated, certainly not to the point I'd want to report them.  If someone comes up behind on the dual carriageway, I always move over to let them pass, as I expect the same in return.  People do often get close as I slow for a 30 limit, but I don't feel the need to do anything about it, eventually they back off or overtake...or we get to the next 60 and I lose them as they only wanted to do 37 anyway lol.    I have far more problems the opposite way with slow people pulling out in front! :laugh:   Even during lockdown where there's barely any traffic about I'm still getting this at least once per drive, even on a 2 mile trip to Tesco.  I've come to the conclusion they must be doing it on purpose, you can't accidentally pull out on the only other car on the road! :unsure: :lol:

The company car drivers that tailgate are probably pressured to get to places on time, only takes one accident or roadworks to knock their whole day out which they get penalised for, they don't have time for slow people not making decent progress.  Not an excuse, just an explanation.  My Mum looks after a fleet as part of her job and regularly has to deal with speeding tickets and parking fines. It's just an occupational hazard to them.  They won't lose their licence at court even with maximum points as they need the car for their job. 

I don’t normally have problems with tailgaters, I get people who are close but this was ridiculous and quite dangerous. Would’ve pulled off if there had been space to do so, but felt like he was going to run into the back of me if I tried to turn off. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

It’s something embedded in a third party ad probably. Happens regularly enough on another forum I’m on. Admins should be able to sort it but it will return. 

Still happening atm, I can barely read a post before it pops up lol!  Is this something you can fix @alexp999?

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Still happening atm, I can barely read a post before it pops up lol!  Is this something you can fix @alexp999

Not happening on my tablet or phone. 

20 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Still happening atm, I can barely read a post before it pops up lol!  Is this something you can fix @alexp999?

Hasn't happened on mine either.

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, iantt said:

Not happening on my tablet or phone. 

If it's to do with ads as suggested I don't think paid members get any?

I'm on the laptop though, might be alright on the phone but that's a whole 10ft away!  Plus I've actually got stuff to do on the laptop this morning so not being able to use FOC for a bit isn't such a bad thing! :laugh: 

I don't like that the one day I want rain (planted new shrubs and bulbs yesterday) and it was forecast rain, it doesn't sodding rain!!  You can guarantee though if I go out to creosote the shed it will pour down half way through.

weather is nice today but i can feel myself burning though. too lazy to move yet. 

• Like 1

someone sent me a link to the ons website where you put postcode in to find out how many deaths from covid shows. makes grim reading. supprised how may close to me!! 

39 minutes ago, iantt said:

someone sent me a link to the ons website where you put postcode in to find out how many deaths from covid shows. makes grim reading. supprised how may close to me!! 

Got a link?  I tried the one in the BBC site but it covers half of Suffolk if I put my post code in!  

(PS - I haven't won an iPhone since opening the mobile site... )

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Got a link?  I tried the one in the BBC site but it covers half of Suffolk if I put my post code in!  

(PS - I haven't won an iPhone since opening the mobile site... )

https://www.ons.gov.uk/visualisations/dvc811/msoamap/index.html

I don't know if it's deaths in the community or in hospital. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Thanks, that's much better than the other one I saw.

Surprisingly few near me tbh, only 2 in my area so far.  I think it is just hospital deaths as there are only 4 in my Nans area, which is largely elderly and includes a care home where there have been at least 2!

20 hours ago, iantt said:

There's 4 confirmed in my area though its a small segment. It's scary to see. Well like I said before I saw 3 people in my hospital ward with it. Sadly they were from 60-80 years. Thankfully at least we have hit the peak of the epidemic curve and hopefully it'll reduce. Funny also this pandemic came when I'm doing a masters to do with bacteria, viruses, epidemiology and immunology 😂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club