Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like using a specific screen wipe to clean my laptop screen...  Think I'd have done a better job wiping Vaseline over it! :rolleyes:  What do you guys use?  I've got some vinegar window cleaner but not sure if that's a bad idea!  It's a soft LCD screen, not like a phone screen.

Tap water and a tissue. Don't use window cleaner or phone screen cleaner unless you want to buy a new display for your laptop. 

• Like 2

When the wife wears you socks then puts a hole in the heel 

Which then ends up being under your foot as her feet are smaller, 

20200516_163141.thumb.jpg.f3996cd1073876c27cb6a86cda5e0c26.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

What is it with lockdown protesters?
The term Stupid just doesn't quite cover it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Can see the same happening here....... albeit on a smaller scale. 

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/kentucky-sees-sharpest-rise-in-covid-19-cases-following-anti-lockdown-protests/?fbclid=IwAR00Z2SpMOJwWT5z2c9JmSHUZ0IsdyU1hEF7BE0ufYZG0rQrDj0t2D8KYco

6 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

What is it with lockdown protesters?
The term Stupid just doesn't quite cover it.

Are they keeping the 2 meter rool 😂

I funniest and stupidest thing I hear some people say is this CoronaVirus is a hoax. Believe me it's real and I'm sure some people here have seen people with it. I saw a few patients on my hospital with it the last time I went for volunteering just before lockdown. Can't go there at the moment as my dad is diabetic so a vulnerable person in the household. 

• Like 1

I don't like going out to my car to find it covered in tree sap and bird poo... Long story but I had to park elsewhere due to the coronavirus as my flat doesn't have parking. Worst decision ever, choosing a flat without parking, especially as a car guy!

Whipped down to the BP, and used the jet wash for the first time. It's neat how you can choose the areas to concentrate on yourself (cue all the bug splatter on the front bumper and bonnet), but I don't like all the water marks/streaks it left after the water dried on the car in the sunlight. I'm guessing it's because of the hard water? Perhaps I need to bring a towel or something with me next time 😂

Did you choose a wax finish?  I know they do different programmes.

I've never used a car wash (of any sort!) but the mate I used to go to car shows with often used the BP jetwash on the way.  Definitely needed a wipe down afterwards!  microfibre cloths are fine but a drying towel is best...the green one from Autofinesse is awesome tbh.

Seems impressive to get watermarks on a white car though!? :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Did you choose a wax finish?  I know they do different programmes.

I've never used a car wash (of any sort!) but the mate I used to go to car shows with often used the BP jetwash on the way.  Definitely needed a wipe down afterwards!  Microfibre cloths are fine but a drying towel is best...the green one from Autofinesse is awesome tbh.

Seems impressive to get watermarks on a white car though!? :laugh:

I chose the silver program for 5 quid, no wax, maybe the gold one may have had a wax option, can't remember

Thanks for the recommendation 👍To be honest normally I use the Tesco hand car wash, the guys working there are brilliant, although it's so popular that unless you arrive smack on opening time on a weekend, there's at least an hour long wait!

haha true, unless you stand up right next to the paintwork you won't notice, but it's much more noticeable on the windows

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

I chose the silver program for 5 quid, no wax, maybe the gold one may have had a wax option, can't remember

Thanks for the recommendation 👍To be honest normally I use the Tesco hand car wash, the guys working there are brilliant, although it's so popular that unless you arrive smack on opening time on a weekend, there's at least an hour long wait!

haha true, unless you stand up right next to the paintwork you won't notice, but it's much more noticeable on the windows

Lol, I wouldn't mention the Tesco hand car wash on here, you'll get lynched! :laugh:

I'm pretty sure they dry the cars with a blade or shammy though?  You'll never get a streak free finish from air drying, especially on glass, and in the sun.  You could finish it off yourself now with some quick detailer and window cleaner though.  :smile:

31 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, I wouldn't mention the Tesco hand car wash on here, you'll get lynched! :laugh:

I'm pretty sure they dry the cars with a blade or shammy though?  You'll never get a streak free finish from air drying, especially on glass, and in the sun.  You could finish it off yourself now with some quick detailer and window cleaner though.  :smile:

I don't have a driveway sadly, so my choice is between doing diddly squat, tesco hand car wash, or a machine wash (hello swirl marks). So bring on the lynch mob! 😂

They do use a shammy or some kind of cloth to dry it. Once when there was a long queue at the tesco wash I thought I'd try a different hand car wash - the guys used a hard rubber/plastic squidgee/blade to dry my Focus! I could hear the friction from sitting inside! 😤

• Sad 1

On 5/16/2020 at 9:47 PM, zain611 said:

Are they keeping the 2 meter rool 😂

I funniest and stupidest thing I hear some people say is this CoronaVirus is a hoax. Believe me it's real and I'm sure some people here have seen people with it. I saw a few patients on my hospital with it the last time I went for volunteering just before lockdown. Can't go there at the moment as my dad is diabetic so a vulnerable person in the household. 

My partner is seeing the covid patients every day she works. She says they look bright red and it's a nasty cough. Nearly all the staff at the hospice have been off with confirmed covid with 2 nearly dieing from it. She is one of the few that hasn't had it. 

So it's defo not a hoax. 

And she agrees there will be a 2nd wave of covid in winter to go with the annual flu to make the first wave a wake up call for all to prepare. 

So go buy another 500 toilet rolls for starters. Lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

My partner is seeing the covid patients every day she works. She says they look bright red and it's a nasty cough. Nearly all the staff at the hospice have been off with confirmed covid with 2 nearly dieing from it. She is one of the few that hasn't had it. 

So it's defo not a hoax. 

And she agrees there will be a 2nd wave of covid in winter to go with the annual flu to make the first wave a wake up call for all to prepare. 

I hope your partner never gets it mate, 

And I appreciate you taking the time to post; 

I'm really concerned about the kids getting there version of the virus which I'd Similar to Kawasaki virus; no prizes given to guessing where that virus originated from 😂 bug in all very seriousness mate; 

My three kids haven't left the house since lockdown; and before now COVID-19 was an adult's only disease which was fair game; if I play mu cards wrong then I get it  but now if i don't sanitize something or if a work college spreads the virus to me within the two week undetected span then it gets in to my home were done. 

As you already know I'm working through COVID-19 manufacturing pharmaceuticals aswell as two parts of a vaccine; one item part of a fingers crossed successful vaccine and the other a carrier for the final vaccine to insure the body accepts the successful vaccine; but to be fair at the end of the day my kids are number one priority even far beyond my own health; 

We already almost lost our son to pneumonia when he was born one week old put in quarantine with pneumonia in the right lung; then after three weeks they had cleared the ring lung but he contracted MRSA the hospital super bug while in quarantine go figure yeah 

Then sent him home at four weeks old with pneumonia in the left lung instead of the right and MRSA which appeared like acne like teenagers spots all over the poor kids face; the chemist then wouldn't give me the 0.3mg antibiotics without a doctor letter and made md go through his medical history with I had to sit down to tell them to be honest, 

Now he's five years old and better fun to talk to than I'll ever be as I've my own family issues but hes a breath of fresh air;

Now there's a fear of the Kawasaki virus, 

The COVID-19 was man made though I know that, was made as a chemical weapon tested on bats, and bat then escaped and got caught in the nets of a neighbouring meat sales yard which then spread to humans; not there fault atall as those people are living in generations of extreme poverty seriously extreme poverty; 

And Germany was destined for recession in November 2020 as told by investors back in 2018 the end was coming close as result of bailouts and as said when Brexit came through that it would be the end of the European union as Britain was the back bone; it's all fitted in well with the COVID-19 lockdown and the breakdown of the European economy to prevent world war three,

I don't dispute the COVID-19 virus is real, it is very real by design; but I do hope my kids survive even if it results in them paying over 50% tax on there income when they finally get some sort of available jobs.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, iantt said:

So it's defo not a hoax. 

So go buy another 500 toilet rolls for starters. Lol 

She may be right about another peak coming next winter. I heard London has the lowest R in the country now which is good though I heard is slowly rising again 😬.

Hope she takes care of herself. 

29 minutes ago, zain611 said:

She may be right about another peak coming next winter. I heard London has the lowest R in the country now which is good though I heard is slowly rising again

As you mention earlier, certainly no hoax. Concerning that of the 5 people we know who've sadly passed away since the outbreak began (including 2 relations), 1 was in a care home, 3 in hospital for an unrelated condition but picked it up in there, 1 was a front line paramedic, so all related in some way to a care/hospital environment.

So many theories from various scientists at the moment on how to calculate R and what it means. I've seen the suggestion that R is low in London because so many have had it already there's less to infect. Or that a high R in the general community (as opposed to care homes etc) is actually a good thing because most people don't suffer bad symptoms and it will build "herd immunity". Most worrying was one guy who made a very convincing argument that it was less accurate than the weather forecast. No wonder I'm confused!😀

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

As you mention earlier, certainly no hoax. Concerning that of the 5 people we know who've sadly passed away since the outbreak began (including 2 relations), 1 was in a care home, 3 in hospital for an unrelated condition but picked it up in there, 1 was a front line paramedic, so all related in some way to a care/hospital environment.

So many theories from various scientists at the moment on how to calculate R and what it means. I've seen the suggestion that R is low in London because so many have had it already there's less to infect. Or that a high R in the general community (as opposed to care homes etc) is actually a good thing because most people don't suffer bad symptoms and it will build "herd immunity". Most worrying was one guy who made a very convincing argument that it was less accurate than the weather forecast. No wonder I'm confused!😀

The trouble with herd immunity is there is no reliable data to show that there is immunity once you've had covid , and if you are immune, how long for? Lot of unknowns as far as I'm aware. 

Also, my partner is not convinced by a negative test  result . Got a patient who tested negative but all the staff in contact with patient have said they think it's all the signs of covid and are treating it as such. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

The trouble with herd immunity is there is no reliable data to show that there is immunity once you've had covid , and if you are immune, how long for? Lot of unknowns as far as I'm aware. 

What's the alternative though?  Especially if no vaccine is found.  We can't just all stay at home or 2m apart forever.

I'm not one for taking risks at all, but there's going to be a point where the country just collapses if we all carry on like this.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Also, my partner is not convinced by a negative test  result . Got a patient who tested negative but all the staff in contact with patient have said they think it's all the signs of covid and are treating it as such. 

Exactly that. I'd think though that you'd have immunity but it's uncertain as there are infectious agents out there in which reinfection is possible like dengue fever. Diagnostic it all comes down to the sensitivity of it

I don't like dropping a yogurt lid behind the fridge freezer this morning.  :unsure: 

Ended up pulling the whole lot out as I couldn't cope with the thought of the smell in a few days time lol.  Pretty impressed I managed to do it though, seeing as I almost passed out when I tried pulling Nan's fridge out a few months ago!  Maybe I'm gaining some strength/stamina...or maybe it was just a one off, who knows! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

I don't like not being able to visit my near-80 year old grandparents because of this ***** virus!  The sooner they find a treatment/vaccine the better 😞

• Like 1

I don't like this evening. Family arguing. I'm not sure I want to post the rest but needless to say it's not been a moment that I have enjoyed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Zico said:

I don't like this evening. Family arguing. I'm not sure I want to post the rest but needless to say it's not been a moment that I have enjoyed.

Everybody argues at some point mate; 

Hopefully this improve fast, alot of additional pressure on people these days, we argue quite alot aswell generally over cooking or under cooking to be more precise and the displacement of items around the home, leaving electrical items on without care etc.

Hopefully restrictions will ease soon and things will become more normal; 

• Like 1

I don't like finding a ring of white powder on a bagel in the unopened packet I bought on Monday...  

Can't tell if it's mould or flour...do bagels even get floured!?  If it's mould, that's slightly worrying as they've still got 4 days date on them!  Don't think I'm gonna risk it just in case... :unsure: 

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like finding a ring of white powder on a bagel in the unopened packet I bought on Monday...  

Can't tell if it's mould or flour...do bagels even get floured!?  If it's mould, that's slightly worrying as they've still got 4 days date on them!  Don't think I'm gonna risk it just in case... :unsure: 

Bread mould isn’t usually white or powdery. 

It’s probably cocaine. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Bagels are boiled in water first then baked so there must be some flour to stop them or someone's hands sticking when they come out of the oven.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

Bread mould isn’t usually white or powdery. 

It’s probably cocaine. 

That's taking the authentic New York style a bit too far! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

It will be baking soda.
The soda and boiling water sets the dough before baking.
Any white marks will be totally harmless.
Anyway bagels don't tend to go mouldy, only hard & stale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club