Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

49 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

My great Aunt is part of the shielding group...every time I hear from her she tells me how many days are left on shielding as if she can go out and frolick in the sunshine on the end date. 🤦‍♂️

I've tried hinting that it's not quite that simple but she won't have it.  In all honesty I don't expect her to outlive Corona even if she doesn't catch it.

Yeah, subtle hints don't seem to work 🙄

My 82 year old mum has recently been diagnosed with vascular dementia and also just had a mild heart attack and seems to think that suddenly we'll all be able to return to normality as soon as Nicola (or Boris for our English cousins) says the magic word. If only it were that simple. I suppose if you try and shield the reality as much as possible at least they'll have something to look forward to...... well that's my way of thinking. 

• Like 1

Not a big thing but I don't like my rank on the forum.

I'm guessing it's automatic but I didn't think I have been spending too much time on the forums :unsure:.

On a different subject, I don't like the recent ongoing issue at work where my colleague and I have been trying to find out who authorised/agreed a payment provider to be stopped at the end of April which has been affecting part of our team's work. It's not the best time to try and find out who may have knowledge of things, it's not great either that half of the names that have been suggested might know or be able to help have been useless or have left the authority.

Last but not least, I don't like the fact that what little breeze we had today has completely stopped and now I'm left to broil myself to sleep 🥵 .

6 hours ago, Zico said:

Not a big thing but I don't like my rank on the forum.

I'm guessing it's automatic but I didn't think I have been spending too much time on the forums :unsure:.

On a different subject, I don't like the recent ongoing issue at work where my colleague and I have been trying to find out who authorised/agreed a payment provider to be stopped at the end of April which has been affecting part of our team's work. It's not the best time to try and find out who may have knowledge of things, it's not great either that half of the names that have been suggested might know or be able to help have been useless or have left the authority.

Last but not least, I don't like the fact that what little breeze we had today has completely stopped and now I'm left to broil myself to sleep 🥵 .

Changed your ranking, happy now? 😌

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Changed your ranking, happy now? 😌

what was it before lol?

So, last night I realised Monday 25th is actually a bank holiday after my confusion with the last one...are banks even open atm!?  Surely they don't need another holiday already... :rolleyes: 

I usually go shopping on Mondays...but obv not on a BH!  And assuming this hot weather continues, people will all be at the beach and R will rocket by Tues/Weds with asymptomatic people coughing all over Tesco if I wait until then.  So made the snap decision to go this morning and mix my usual Friday routine in with the usual Monday routine...  It's not even 11am, I'm already knackered and have no idea what day it is any more...  And I'm already fed up of this damn heat, oh well, only another 4 months of summer to get through I guess. :whistling: 

36 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

So, last night I realised Monday 25th is actually a bank holiday after my confusion with the last one...are banks even open atm!?  Surely they don't need another holiday already... :rolleyes: 

I usually go shopping on Mondays...but obv not on a BH!  And assuming this hot weather continues, people will all be at the beach and R will rocket by Tues/Weds with asymptomatic people coughing all over Tesco if I wait until then.  So made the snap decision to go this morning and mix my usual Friday routine in with the usual Monday routine...  It's not even 11am, I'm already knackered and have no idea what day it is any more...  And I'm already fed up of this damn heat, oh well, only another 4 months of summer to get through I guess. :whistling: 

Banks are open, had to go to mine yesterday. They just have reduced opening hours and mine is doing a one in one out policy.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Banks are open, had to go to mine yesterday. They just have reduced opening hours and mine is doing a one in one out policy.

Are you allowed to enter a bank now with a mask on? #askingforafriend 😷🔫😆

• Haha 3

When the wife whom lives in the same house; sends you a picture of the oil tank yo say "saw this yesterday di you think its leaking?" 

IMG-20200522-WA0000.thumb.jpg.5f89f08094c1485aa7c76521611b0cad.jpg

The tank is/was full with 1050Litres of Kerosene two weeks ago which I sincerely hope it still is; however the manual valve on the outlet is broken so I cant isolate the contents and I'm not sure a pipe freeze kit will work on Kerosene 🤯

I've cut a bottle in to a U shape and positioned it underneath. 

I'm losing my mind here; 

oil tank leaks so when spotted its left for over 24 hours and I then find out by WhatsApp message; reminds me of the Malibu add from the 90's no panic like wtf 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

Can't remember the last time I visited a branch.  Mobile apps FTW!  :biggrin: 

Will have to change some old £20 notes for the new version at some point though. :g: I've still not seen a new one in the flesh yet!

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Can't remember the last time I visited a branch.  Mobile apps FTW!  :biggrin: 

Will have to change some old £20 notes for the new version at some point though. :g: I've still not seen a new one in the flesh yet!

My job still insists on paying my fuel money in cash 🙄. The new £20’s definitely look different, I like them!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lenny said:

When the wife whom lives in the same house; sends you a picture of the oil tank yo say "saw this yesterday di you think its leaking?" 

IMG-20200522-WA0000.thumb.jpg.5f89f08094c1485aa7c76521611b0cad.jpg

The tank is/was full with 1050Litres of Kerosene two weeks ago which I sincerely hope it still is; however the manual valve on the outlet is broken so I cant isolate the contents and I'm not sure a pipe freeze kit will work on Kerosene 🤯

I've cut a bottle in to a U shape and positioned it underneath. 

I'm losing my mind here; 

Oil tank leaks so when spotted its left for over 24 hours and I then find out by WhatsApp message; reminds me of the Malibu add from the 90's no panic like wtf 

Looks kinda like what we had a couple of times after a refill, just a wee nip up on all the joins and it's been ok since 🤞

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2020 at 6:54 PM, Turvey said:

Yeah, subtle hints don't seem to work 🙄

My 82 year old mum has recently been diagnosed with vascular dementia and also just had a mild heart attack and seems to think that suddenly we'll all be able to return to normality as soon as Nicola (or Boris for our English cousins) says the magic word. If only it were that simple. I suppose if you try and shield the reality as much as possible at least they'll have something to look forward to...... well that's my way of thinking. 

I know, I wish it were that simple...  I feel for all those suffering from dementia, especially the latter stages where this will actually cause them to totally forget their children and close family, when otherwise they might have another few months of lucid moments left.  It's just tragic.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Incontro said:

what was it before lol?

That Damn Pesky One That Keeps Posting Rubbish - nah just Spends too much time on the forums :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

New title more to your liking then?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry, nothing wrong with the one you changed it to, just that I was also advised that I could change it myself and it just so happened to be that I had a bag of giant Wotsits to hand :eat:

• Like 2

I don't like that the winds are still howling today and the sky looks like rain is imminent...  Therefore a walk is going to be risky!

Found out from the guy I sold my old Focus to, that he got the heater fixed but the other week it blew the coolant out and destroyed the engine 😢

Started a jigsaw puzzle...bit it's a bit too big for my cupboard and at a really uncomfortable height...  Any solutions other than giving up? :laugh:

Needs to be at least 50x70cm and solid...  Any chance I could get some stiff card or ply delivered cheaply that big?

Hold on a minute....I've got a great idea!  :laugh:

Surely I don't need a slightly sticky  cupboard shelf for a week...  I have a feeling there's gonna be pieces all over the floor when those side struts give way. :lol:

IMG_20200523_184528449.thumb.jpg.d0d3b28f1716b8284cdd61c7c32ead42.jpg

• Haha 1

I don't like that Virgin Media Broadband is down again for most of the country. 
Can't even connect to Netflix, amazon prime or other streaming services. 
I thought it was my PS4 at first because the apps froze but then I checked laptop and couldn't load webpages or send messages to people. 
This is all whilst the router is showing that the connection is there (would be a flashing or solid green light if network was down and not solid blue). 

• Sad 1

I don't like that my toilet has started screaming for a few minutes after being flushed... :unsure: :laugh: 

Must be some sort of inlet pipe vibration but odd it's only just started!  Only other time I've heard the same thing is fuel pipes on early CR diesels vibrating against the bulkhead!  

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like that my toilet has started screaming for a few minutes after being flushed... :unsure: :laugh: 

Must be some sort of inlet pipe vibration but odd it's only just started!  Only other time I've heard the same thing is fuel pipes on early CR diesels vibrating against the bulkhead!  

I’ve got a bad case of “water hammer” at home just now. Switching off the cold taps and the pipes rattle and bang through the house! 
I’ve improved it slightly by bleeding out the system but it’s still there...

• Like 1

I don't like that I've ran out of giant Wotsits. Guess I'm going to have to change my rank :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2020 at 1:44 PM, jmurray01 said:

I don't like that the winds are still howling today and the sky looks like rain is imminent...  Therefore a walk is going to be risky!

The few times I've been walking / out in high winds, it's been both fun and risky at the same time. As long as you're walking in the same direction as the wind then you're floating along :biggrin:

I’ve had a bad toothache for a few days now, think I’ll be needing a root canal when dentists reopen, I only have half a tooth there and it often plays up 😢

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club