Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

10 years ago I had a broken Peugeot (admittedly that covers most weeks of Peugeot ownership!).  But this time was 10 years...  Like a whole decade...  How come days drag on forever yet an entire decade seems to have flown past?  Still remember collecting this gearbox from the scrapyard like it was only a year ago... :shocking:  

710021911_Screenshot_20200616-1113522.thumb.png.4ea9c435d8bcffb4ebb5994c94f3b474.png

• Like 1

I do not like that I can't seem to find a small house with a drive, double garage & large enclosed back garden in rural North Dorset ,North East Devon or South Somerset on any of the property finding websites

There seem to be plenty in Camarthenshire & Eire though, both of which are going to present a challenge as to how I would actually do a viewing, at the moment

@GMX compromise? eg single garage with the option to build a second one? 

After watching countless property programmes I've realised that the ONE thing you can't change is location ie buy the worst house in the best street 😉 but everything else is, within reason, changeable. 

We've bought and sold 5 houses within the last 16ish years and none of them were perfect, even the house we designed and moved into about 5 years ago, we've since moved again into a 1980s mishmash of a property which is far from perfect but more than adequate for our needs. 

• Like 1

Don’t like getting a windscreen chip today. Question is, will I be alright using the heated screen in the winter, as don’t really want to claim on insurance unless I have to! It’s not in my line of sight and is quite small.

Even if the chip has fractured any wires in the heater element it should still work as its made up of lots of vertical wires that are wired in parallel with each other so some can be missing .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Even if the chip has fractured any wires in the heater element it should still work as its made up of lots of vertical wires that are wired in parallel with each other so some can be missing .

And will it make it worse, as I don’t think it’s gone down to the elements.

The heater won't make it worse. But if there are any cracks no matter how small radiating from chip you should get it repaired as it can get worse over time.

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

Don’t like getting a windscreen chip today. Question is, will I be alright using the heated screen in the winter, as don’t really want to claim on insurance unless I have to! It’s not in my line of sight and is quite small.

You can buy a windscreen repair kit for under £10. I have used one successfully myself, that was for a chip that quickly developed into a crack.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Turvey said:

@GMX compromise? eg single garage with the option to build a second one? 

After watching countless property programmes I've realised that the ONE thing you can't change is location ie buy the worst house in the best street 😉 but everything else is, within reason, changeable. 

We've bought and sold 5 houses within the last 16ish years and none of them were perfect, even the house we designed and moved into about 5 years ago, we've since moved again into a 1980s mishmash of a property which is far from perfect but more than adequate for our needs. 

That's a good idea.👍  Several houses on my searches have enough room to build a double garage or add a second one. It's relatively easy to build a garage 

i had thought about doing a self-build but rural land that is not green belt is prohibitive in comparison to town land.  One tiny plot on the edge of Milton Abbas which would've actually been too small for anything other than holiday let, went for £¼million at auction last month - the guide price was £150,000

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

And will it make it worse, as I don’t think it’s gone down to the elements.

Is it just a chip or has it 'spidered'?

If it's just a glancing blow you can ignore it.  If it's spidered then it's likely to get worse over bumps, regardless of the Quickclear function.  Depending on your insurance company, it might be free to fill anyway? 

When I cracked mine (wiper arm slipped while changing blade :rolleyes: ), it wasn't repairable and I knew I'd need a screen eventually so just used the heater function as much as I needed to...it never did get any bigger, but not everyone gets lucky like that lol.

• Like 1

I don't like that I can't add images to my Ford models gallery. It just gives me HTTP error 500 when I click submit. 

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

How have I never noticed this before!?  First they steal our Mondeo, then our forum format!  Whatever next!? 😮

https://www.jaguarownersclub.com/

Will be built on the same platform, and possibly owned and run by the same media company?

• Like 1

Currys are really taking the pi$$ with this broken TV now. Seems no one bothered to sort out the replacement order and I've been on the phone/on hold to them for 2 hours now trying to sort it out. 

I'm just returning it now and buying the same TV elsewhere as they have handled it so poorly.

• Sad 2

@TomsFocus it has spidered a little bit but not much. I would upload a picture but keep getting -200 error.

26 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

@TomsFocus it has spidered a little bit but not much. I would upload a picture but keep getting -200 error.

Lots of people seem to be getting pic errors this week. :unsure:

If it's spidered at all it's got the potential to crack along those legs unfortunately.  Did you check your insurance to see if chip-filling is free?  Theres usually a glass guy in Tesco car park doing it while you shop near me...not sure if that's a nationwide thing though!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

How have I never noticed this before!?  First they steal our Mondeo, then our forum format!  Whatever next!? 😮

https://www.jaguarownersclub.com/

They haven't stolen anything, this forum is owned by Auto Clubs International, just one of a group of 20 different clubs:

http://autoclubsinternational.com/

They'll all use the same template to make upkeep easier.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lots of people seem to be getting pic errors this week. :unsure:

If it's spidered at all it's got the potential to crack along those legs unfortunately.  Did you check your insurance to see if chip-filling is free?  Theres usually a glass guy in Tesco car park doing it while you shop near me...not sure if that's a nationwide thing though!

£25 for a repair, £115 for replacement. Will keep an eye on it. Gotta change the awful front tyres on it first, the front end let go on a wet roundabout the other day at 15mph! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

They haven't stolen anything, this forum is owned by Auto Clubs International, just one of a group of 20 different clubs:

http://autoclubsinternational.com/

They'll all use the same template to make upkeep easier.

I should've used a more appropriate smiley to show that my comment was meant in jest lol! :biggrin:

Never knew there were so many though...there's even a VW one!! :laugh:

25 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

£25 for a repair, £115 for replacement. Will keep an eye on it. Gotta change the awful front tyres on it first, the front end let go on a wet roundabout the other day at 15mph! 

Blimey, back in my day it was £75 for replacement!

That might not be all the tyres tbf, roads are always greasy after a long dry spell followed by rain.  Even the grippiest tyres can't grip grease!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I should've used a more appropriate smiley to show that my comment was meant in jest lol! :biggrin:

Never knew there were so many though...there's even a VW one!! :laugh:

That might not be all the tyres tbf, roads are always greasy after a long dry spell followed by rain.  Even the grippiest tyres can't grip grease!

I do agree, but these are no name Chinese ones, so I’d like to have them swapped regardless and I’ve certainly never experienced it on this roundabout before!

• Like 1

I dont like having chest pain the past two nights I was crawling around the back garden with the dog on tuesday seems I've stretched a few muscles 

• Sad 1

Trying to resist offering £4.5k for this...  :laugh:  Someone please buy it before I do and end up immediately regretting it!  :whistling:

845379994_Screenshot_20200619-1327432.thumb.png.0ee12b155d922ab7e69f47e5247343a4.png

I don't like going to order a Motorhead pump clip for my (non-functioning/display only) beer pump/engine today. Only £7 but when I got to checkout they added on nearly £8 for delivery!!! The joys of living 'offshore' 🙄

I ended up not ordering it on matter of principle. 

Screenshot_20200619-140353.png

IMG_20200619_194004915.jpg

• Sad 1

On 6/18/2020 at 5:26 PM, TomsFocus said:

It still is for mine! :huh:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club