Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like waking up today feeling really angry for some reason, went through the day feeling like I could punch the wall or tell somebody to feck off! :angry:

Doesn't help there are holiday hours available at work but when I request it gets declined, what a shocker...

• Sad 1

'lovely gentlemen ' who don't realise that roads STILL have their speed limits despite the rona and sit up your ***** cos you've pulled out of a junction (with plenty of safe space at the right speed limit) beeping their horn to the go on to call you a little slag as they pass you by. THEN go on to sit in one lane but cut right in front of the row of traffic going another way just to escape you cos you decide to follow them 🤔 

• Like 2

How is it Google maps time line knows im riding a motorcycle to work one day and car another? I even tried riding my bike at the same or similar speeds to the car and couldn't fool Google maps. Is big brother watching me! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kerry77 said:

'lovely gentlemen ' who don't realise that roads STILL have their speed limits despite the rona and sit up your ***** cos you've pulled out of a junction (with plenty of safe space at the right speed limit) beeping their horn to the go on to call you a little slag as they pass you by. THEN go on to sit in one lane but cut right in front of the row of traffic going another way just to escape you cos you decide to follow them 🤔 

I'd report idiots like that. Sounds like they were having a bad day already. If you have a dash cam you can upload that footage to the police 

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

How is it Google maps time line knows im riding a motorcycle to work one day and car another? I even tried riding my bike at the same or similar speeds to the car and couldn't fool Google maps. Is big brother watching me! Lol

I wonder if it looks at your time of travelling. 

25 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like waking up today feeling really angry for some reason, went through the day feeling like I could punch the wall or tell somebody to feck off! :angry:

Doesn't help there are holiday hours available at work but when I request it gets declined, what a shocker...

What have you been doing during the last few days to weeks? Something you don't want to do is not do anything, sitting down for a while as you will start to overthink about things. That then leads to you experiencing negative emotions about the past or just things you've imagined. 

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I wonder if it looks at your time of travelling. 

Both car and bike took 22 mins to work when I rode my bike slowly. It still knew

43 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I'd report idiots like that. Sounds like they were having a bad day already. If you have a dash cam you can upload that footage to the police 

I don't unfortunately. When times are better I need to invest I think 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Welcome to send me an abusive PM to let off some steam!! I would love it if one day a year, we could tell customers exactly what they can do with there complaint :laughing: . Not quite Purge day, but full on rant at the customer and they are the ones who have to take it without any coming back :chair:.

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Both car and bike took 22 mins to work when I rode my bike slowly. It still knew

My guess is that when you're on your bike you're tilting more and your phone is picking this up. I guess you could tilt in a car but probably not enough (unless you drive like Ken Block or something :laughing: ).

• Like 2

@Zico he made another video 😂. I don't understand this thing about Bournemouth beach.

• Like 2

I don't like stripping down the drivers side front brake on my Fiesta ST, only to find the disc seized to the hub. There's only so much hitting my car with a rubber mallet I can stomach, so it all went back together again and Tarnock Ford did the brakes for me (with the parts I bought from Rates Ford at 40% off). Turned out when they did the rears the slider pins were seized so that would probably have been another issue had I got that far. I still saved over £100 on what TrustFord wanted to charge me, but its irritating none the less. I never had this trouble when doing the brakes on my Elise, but I guess that car was kept in the garage and was used on track so the brakes weren't exposed to the elements and were changed more regularly.

• Like 2

I really dislike this scum on ebay selling data that is free from the Ford servers-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402213671329

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

So it's free if you look it up,and this unimaginabley lazy sod is selling it for what £18 a pop?..Can't Ford do something about this..
Ps will give "His Product" an extremely sad star segment..no,..non at all, poor service etc,etc rippoff, daylight..mugged...lol..

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 hours ago, V6 Lover said:

So it's free if you look it up,and this unimaginabley lazy sod is selling it for what £18 a pop?..Can't Ford do something about this..
Ps will give "His Product" an extremely sad star segment..no,..non at all, poor service etc,etc rippoff, daylight..mugged...lol..

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Entrepreneurship. Lol

3 sold already!! 3 mugs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tried some Stress Resist shower gel today.  Think it must be a faulty batch as it hasn't worked! :unsure:

• Like 2

On 7/1/2020 at 8:47 PM, Zico said:

Welcome to send me an abusive PM to let off some steam!! I would love it if one day a year, we could tell customers exactly what they can do with there complaint :laughing: . Not quite Purge day, but full on rant at the customer and they are the ones who have to take it without any coming back :chair:.

My guess is that when you're on your bike you're tilting more and your phone is picking this up. I guess you could tilt in a car but probably not enough (unless you drive like Ken Block or something :laughing: ).

Oh tell me about it!  I've worked in customer service for 5 flipping years now and there are some things I'd love to say to customers that's for sure.

• Like 2

I don't like that the outside driver's door handle on the Passat is back to not working again :angry:

Sprayed some WD-40 in it a week ago and that got it working, but back to the "pull and nothing happens" situation today.  Thankfully the inside handle works and it has "global open" windows so I can just open them and reach in, but not sure the MOT tester would be quite so happy...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like that the outside driver's door handle on the Passat is back to not working again :angry:

Sprayed some WD-40 in it a week ago and that got it working, but back to the "pull and nothing happens" situation today.  Thankfully the inside handle works and it has "global open" windows so I can just open them and reach in, but not sure the MOT tester would be quite so happy...

Are the door modules on the Passat as prone to failure as they were on other VAGs of that age?  I had one fail on a Mk4 Golf and 8P A3...and my neighbour had one fail on a Bora.  They were soldered about as well as Mk2 Focus dashboards. :sad:

The exterior handle is a physical cable pull rather than anything electrical though so seems odd for it to be intermittent! :g: 

On 7/1/2020 at 10:20 PM, zain611 said:

@Zico he made another video 😂. I don't understand this thing about Bournemouth beach.

Spot on video. The Bournemouth beach reference is about the crowds that have just ignored what is going on and amassed on the beaches as if nothing is happening. My work colleagues were saying the same about crowded beaches in Kent the other week when the sun was still out. When the virus spikes again because of peoples selfishness then it's going to set us all back again.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Tried some Stress Resist shower gel today.  Think it must be a faulty batch as it hasn't worked! :unsure:

Did you put your mind at ease before applying that 😉.

I don't like using head and shoulders though I still get a lot of dandruff after a shower 😑. My hair seems to get greasy quickly also. 

Good thing is barbers are opening now so might go after most people have gone there. Haven't had a trim since lockdown came in 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Did you put your mind at ease before applying that 😉.

I don't like using head and shoulders though I still get a lot of dandruff after a shower 😑. My hair seems to get greasy quickly also. 

Good thing is barbers are opening now so might go after most people have gone there. Haven't had a trim since lockdown came in 

I'm using some L'Oréal Men shampoo...  Often on offer in Tesco so might be worth a try next time.  I've tried both the normal one and the baldness-resistance one, but that works about as well as the stress resist shower gel does! :laugh:

My hair seems to have grown a bit weird since I cut it myself, not sure why, maybe it's my imagination!  I don't intend to go to a barber any time soon though, my Insta feed is full of haircuts today today lol. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

don't intend to go to a barber any time soon though

I haven't been to a barber since April last year, when we last visited Inverness. We usually have a few days up there and I pop into the same guy, though we haven't been up this year, due to some virus thing.

Anyway, got fed up with my local back home, you're always waiting ages so I've been doing it myself since then with a Wahl trimmer and the Mrs tidies the back. So we were well practised when lockdown started and I'll probably carry on with the same system. Oddly though, when I suggest doing the Mrs while I have the trimmer out, she doesn't seem at all keen..........!😃

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 9:30 AM, TomsFocus said:

Are the door modules on the Passat as prone to failure as they were on other VAGs of that age?  I had one fail on a Mk4 Golf and 8P A3...and my neighbour had one fail on a Bora.  They were soldered about as well as Mk2 Focus dashboards. :sad:

The exterior handle is a physical cable pull rather than anything electrical though so seems odd for it to be intermittent! :g: 

Yeah well it isn't intermittent anymore!  Definitely not working 100% of the time now, tried again today with more WD40 and a few gentle "bangs" but nothing is freeing up.  I'll make use of the global windows and use the interior handle for the foreseeable and put it into the garage when I feel so inclined...  Or I may not and run it like that until the MOT runs out and say screw the car!!  I drift between phases of hating it and wanting rid and then deciding maybe I should keep it...

At least on the plus side I won't get car jacked anytime soon :laugh:

• Haha 1

I don't like reading that our last scheduled gig of the year has now been cancelled/rescheduled 😞 Was going to be a family trip down to Aberdeen to see Elton John. 

Just leaves Ozzy in Glasgow in October to cancel now, which wouldn't surprise me one bit, to make this the first year we've not been to a gig since 2007! 

Can we just erase this year from history? Or press the reset button and start again? 

• Sad 1

Yesterday was supposed to be the delivery date for my new motorbike, but it has came and gone and still no bike! Wanted to get an issue sorted before it gets shipped, when we ran an HPI check it has a "Security Watch" on the VIN. Not something I had ever come across before, but a finance company have basically registered it as a "high fraud or theft risk". This along with the missing V5 suggests that it has been repossessed at some point, which explains a lot such as the low mileage. Also the finance company in question deal mainly with people who have bad credit...

Anyway I've been on the phone to them this morning to sort it out and it should be resolved by tomorrow, so I can get a new delivery date sorted. Just as well the weather isn't great or I would be gutted that I don't have a bike!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club