Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like boredom...  Not just right now but boredom in general, what is the point of it!?  I do envy people that can just laze around doing nothing all day. :sad: 

Lockdown has gone on for so long that some daytime TV programmes are now on their 2nd repeat!  I never watched TV during the day before this...  Though I'm not sure I'm the target audience when all the ads are for bath seats, riser recliners and incontinence pads...  Well, I don't need the first 2 yet anyway! :unsure: :laugh: 

• Like 3

I don't like getting a VED renewal for the Focus........£112.75 for 6 months!!! 😞

• Sad 1

On 7/8/2020 at 10:30 AM, TomsFocus said:

I don't like boredom...  Not just right now but boredom in general, what is the point of it!?  I do envy people that can just laze around doing nothing all day. :sad: 

Lockdown has gone on for so long that some daytime TV programmes are now on their 2nd repeat!  I never watched TV during the day before this...  Though I'm not sure I'm the target audience when all the ads are for bath seats, riser recliners and incontinence pads...  Well, I don't need the first 2 yet anyway! :unsure: :laugh: 

I'm going through the exact same thing. Tuesday night I submitted another job application and don't really have anything else to do except something I have to do for my project but that won't take long. Yesterday was just lieing in bed on my phone for the whole day. That was horrible, started thinking about her again.

I started thinking about one girl who I'm friends with on Facebook who she used to call back in college. I don't know if I should message her and ask about that girl if she's alright and confirm she's married and if she'll tell her I asked about her. It's not an easy situation and heartbreak is such a horrible feeling. 

I honestly really want to keep busy so these thoughts don't start manifesting. I did go get a hair cut today after since lockdown came in and that did brighten me up but staying in my room not doing something proactive doesn't help.

The car is also in the garage so can't really go anywhere at the moment 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I don't like getting a VED renewal for the Focus........£112.75 for 6 months!!! 😞

Not allowed to pay mine 6 monthly. :sad:

I can just about manage the £30 all in one go though! :biggrin:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I'm going through the exact same thing. Tuesday night I submitted another job application and don't really have anything else to do except something I have to do for my project but that won't take long. Yesterday was just lieing in bed on my phone for the whole day. That was horrible, started thinking about her again.

I started thinking about one girl who I'm friends with on Facebook who she used to call back in college. I don't know if I should message her and ask about that girl if she's alright and confirm she's married and if she'll tell her I asked about her. It's not an easy situation and heartbreak is such a horrible feeling. 

I honestly really want to keep busy so these thoughts don't start manifesting. I did go get a hair cut today after since lockdown came in and that did brighten me up but staying in my room not doing something proactive doesn't help.

Is there anywhere to go for a walk near where you live?  Even half an hour out can take your mind off things.

I went for a drive yesterday purely to waste an hour as I'm so fed up with afternoon TV and my own thoughts.  Hadn't really driven anywhere other than the supermarkets for months so my arms and legs really ache today.  Don't know how I coped with cable clutches and no power steering back in the day lol, everything feels so heavy in the modern golf now.   I'm going to make more effort to get out, both on foot and in the car, this month though! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Cheer up mate,

Purchase some car model kits on amazon or a nice mechano set? 

I'd love some time off which is the opposite to your complaint; I'm working six days per week but my outgoings providing everything for wife and three children to include three mobile phone bills, car maintenance, household Bill's and a mortgage, and 2k required before the end of August for three of them to prepare for the next school year at home 😂 cant not work weekends, I'd be delighted to be in your position 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Not allowed to pay mine 6 monthly. :sad:

I can just about manage the £30 all in one go though! :biggrin:

That’s VW emissions for you there!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Is there anywhere to go for a walk near where you live?  Even half an hour out can take your mind off things.

I went for a drive yesterday purely to waste an hour as I'm so fed up with afternoon TV and my own thoughts.  Hadn't really driven anywhere other than the supermarkets for months so my arms and legs really ache today.  Don't know how I coped with cable clutches and no power steering back in the day lol, everything feels so heavy in the modern golf now.   I'm going to make more effort to get out, both on foot and in the car, this month though! 

It's funny you mentioned that. When I was at the barbers I was thinking of going around my road the long way but it started raining so wanted to get back home quick without putting my hood on so I don't get loose hair going on the hood. From my house I just walk to go out onto the main road then it's a minute walk from there to the barbers around the corner. 

I think places are beginning to open up. Might go to the detailing shop one day. Dad ordered a seal for the intercooler which hopefully will come tomorrow then can hopefully put the new condenser in and other bits. Looks like also I might of gotten an original condenser which is a bonus 😁Screenshot_20200709-211221.thumb.png.24305b7ecabe6b88ecd7ac52bcc8a918.png

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Cheer up mate,

Purchase some car model kits on Amazon or a nice mechano set? 

I'd love some time off which is the opposite to your complaint; I'm working six days per week but my outgoings providing everything for wife and three children to include three mobile phone bills, car maintenance, household Bill's and a mortgage, and 2k required before the end of August for three of them to prepare for the next school year at home 😂 cant not work weekends, I'd be delighted to be in your position 

You'll get sick of it believe me 😂. During the day I'm actually happy I got uni work as it keeps me busy. Late evenings I like to go on the PS4. I think also I noticed your following me now on ps4 and can't remember if you invited me to a group. Tomb raider is free to download this month on psn which I recommend you getting 👍

Yeah it's not easy. Heartbreak really is a stinger and I wish I could just move on and not feel like this. Coincidence that I heard about her a week before lockdown started. Could be a reason from god that it happened this way. 

Been playing mafia 3 and getting into the songs from the 1960s especially from Del Shannon. His songs seem to be mostly based on breakups. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

That’s VW emissions for you there!

All that effort on cheat maps and tax wasn't even NOx based!! :laugh:  350Nm of torque for £30 tax... :biggrin:  How much does the 1.0 EcoBoost have again? :laugh: 

In fairness, despite having 0.4 more litres of engine, it doesn't use any more fuel than the 1.6 TDCi's I had so CO2 is likely to be similar.  Mk2.5 16v was £30, Mk3 8v was £20.  I haven't paid more than £30 tax for a daily since 2013, I'm really gonna miss cheap tax whatever I buy next!  (So that's something I don't like, just to keep on topic :wink: ). 

48 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

All that effort on cheat maps and tax wasn't even NOx based!! :laugh:  350Nm of torque for £30 tax... :biggrin:  How much does the 1.0 EcoBoost have again? :laugh: 

In fairness, despite having 0.4 more litres of engine, it doesn't use any more fuel than the 1.6 TDCi's I had so CO2 is likely to be similar.  Mk2.5 16v was £30, Mk3 8v was £20.  I haven't paid more than £30 tax for a daily since 2013, I'm really gonna miss cheap tax whatever I buy next!  (So that's something I don't like, just to keep on topic :wink: ). 

True! My diesel focus is £0 road tax, but the ST stings a bit, as do the bikes....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

True! My diesel focus is £0 road tax, but the ST stings a bit, as do the bikes....

How much CO2 can a bike produce?  They don't weigh anything! :unsure: 

I'm sure you can tax all of your vehicles for less than one year of my Dads car though...  His tax is actually laughable...  Thought it was a mistake first time I saw it...

£565 a year! :shocking: :laughing:

Any guesses? :biggrin:  

52 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

despite having 0.4 more litres of engine, it doesn't use any more fuel than the 1.6 TDCi's I had so CO2 is likely to be similar.  Mk2.5 16v was £30, Mk3 8v was £20.  I haven't paid more than £30 tax for a daily since 2013, I'm really gonna miss cheap tax whatever I buy next!  (So that's something I don't like, just to keep on topic :wink: ). 

My petrol Focus ST 2.0 is the same Tax my petrol Focus Zetec S 1.6 was, so I was already used to paying nearly £200, emissions are very similar.
Like with you, the extra 0.4 litre engine (and now a Turbo) didn't do anything noticeable to my miles per tank, which was a surprise.
I am now paying more for 97 fuel, but considering the difference between and 1.6 and an ST it's worth it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm sure you can tax all of your vehicles for less than one year of my Dads car though...  His tax is actually laughable...  Thought it was a mistake first time I saw it...

Range Rover? 

1 hour ago, The Finance Guy said:

Lol that's better than my fiesta zetec s 1.6 diesel. Thankfully the tax on mine is below the threshold were it increases each year so only stays at £30. 

I also heard that the ULEZ extension planned for next year might be delayed due to CoronaVirus and it putting a massive debt on tfl. I really hope that's true as that'll make me happy that I didn't sell the fez this year 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Must be a jaaag. Thirsty cars they are also. I really liking how cheap the Xf and XE are. The older XJ8 with the V8 engine is surprisingly cheap also. Dad's friend brought one around to fix and went on a test drive in it. That V8 roars really does it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Must be a jaaag. Thirsty cars they are also. I really liking how cheap the Xf and XE are. The older XJ8 with the V8 engine is surprisingly cheap also. Dad's friend brought one around to fix and went on a test drive in it. That V8 roars really does it. 

Quite fancy a jag while the ones with Ford engines can still be got. Nearly bought an XE (is that the smaller one?) before I got the diesel focus but in the end I couldn't help thinking that the Jag electronics would end up being even more unreliable than Fords. I wanted a Ford engined car, so it made sense just to buy a Ford!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

Range Rover? 

Nope, considerably smaller! :unsure: 

20 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Haha, that's cheating as you already know!  Good memory though! :biggrin: 

4 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

Quite fancy a jag while the ones with Ford engines can still be got. Nearly bought an XE (is that the smaller one?) before I got the diesel focus but in the end I couldn't help thinking that the Jag electronics would end up being even more unreliable than Fords. I wanted a Ford engined car, so it made sense just to buy a Ford!

This is a Ford engined Jag, it's an X-Type (basically a Mk3 Mondeo) with the 2.5 V6 petrol.  It is AWD but I still can't see how it can possibly produce so much CO2, it's not even automatic! :laugh: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Nope, considerably smaller! :unsure: 

Haha, that's cheating as you already know!  Good memory though! :biggrin: 

This is a Ford engined Jag, it's an X-Type (basically a Mk3 Mondeo) with the 2.5 V6 petrol.  It is AWD but I still can't see how it can possibly produce so much CO2, it's not even automatic! :laugh: 

Perhaps they expect that the driver of a Jaaaaagggg would be a certain type of chap...a lot of "hot air" coming out of the mouth and maybe a whiff of bullsh** giving off methane...?

Not saying anything about your Da Tom, just the stereotypical Jaaaaaaaaggg type of guy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, zain611 said:

You'll get sick of it believe me 😂. During the day I'm actually happy I got uni work as it keeps me busy. Late evenings I like to go on the PS4. I think also I noticed your following me now on ps4 and can't remember if you invited me to a group. Tomb raider is free to download this month on psn which I recommend you getting 👍

I sold my playstation 4 last January but I left my account logged in for the buyer to be capable of playing my purchased games;

They were supposed to edit the account to change the email so if invited again mate it's no longer Lenny from the block 😂

• Haha 2

getting sick of these spam paypal and amazon emails saying there has been unauthorised use on my accounts. They aren't very sophisticated though as the sender email addresses don't match up to what they are supposed to be. I get 3 or 4 of them per day and the spam filter doesn't seem to pick up on the fact that they aren't official emails.
You can instantly tell they're spam cos the email addresses start with random letters and numbers and then end with more and longer random letters and numbers and they also only use the email account name and not the name registered on the account. 

I haven't used PayPal since 2005 and the bank account it was registered to no longer exists as it was closed by the bank. 
Also, I'd know if my amazon account was suspended or had any fraud activity on it cos it would email me, text me and I wouldn't be able to log in. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

getting sick of these spam paypal and amazon emails saying there has been unauthorised use on my accounts. They aren't very sophisticated though as the sender email addresses don't match up to what they are supposed to be.

Yes, I've been getting these and others regularly also. Some of them are really clever - accurate logos and typefaces etc and - nice touch - some of them even have the link to report phishing. Most are unbelievably bad, got one yesterday from a normal email.address saying I owed British Gas £3.50 ( I'd love a real bill like that!) but if I didn't cough up.pronto it'd be £540!

We may laugh, but obviously someone, probably someone vulnerable, is falling for these things or the scumbags wouldn't do it.

5 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, I've been getting these and others regularly also. Some of them are really clever - accurate logos and typefaces etc and - nice touch - some of them even have the link to report phishing. Most are unbelievably bad, got one yesterday from a normal email.address saying I owed British Gas £3.50 ( I'd love a real bill like that!) but if I didn't cough up.pronto it'd be £540!

We may laugh, but obviously someone, probably someone vulnerable, is falling for these things or the scumbags wouldn't do it.

Same here and I haven't paid anything on my card recently except those devil eye headlights. I hardly use my card that I'm now wondering if its a PayPal one

Screenshot_20200608-170525.png

Don't like that some scumbag boy racer did this to me last night.
Vehicle is 3 months old ffs.77d5e4e6c6231c842e8a27783f62eb2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Don't like that some scumbag boy racer did this to me last night.
Vehicle is 3 months old ffs.77d5e4e6c6231c842e8a27783f62eb2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hope you got them

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lenny said:

I sold my playstation 4 last January but I left my account logged in for the buyer to be capable of playing my purchased games;

They were supposed to edit the account to change the email so if invited again mate it's no longer Lenny from the block 😂

Must be a jenny from the block then 😂

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club