Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Sad to hear today of the passing of Jack Charlton.

We met him on a cruise ship some years ago - lunchtimes are generally shared table and we were sat having fish n'chips when a couple asked if they could join us and it was Jack and his wife! We had a lovely chat about virtually everything except football - Jack was delighted to be having fish n'chips instead of "something fancy" but bemoaned the lack of a bottle of ketchup in preference to the messy sachets! 

I'd seen him play at Elland Road towards the end of his career in the Don Revie era. A great player and a very nice man!

• Like 2

Hope you got them
Willow did, I had to do the copious paperwork [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Don't like that some scumbag boy racer did this to me last night.
Vehicle is 3 months old ffs.77d5e4e6c6231c842e8a27783f62eb2a.jpg

What a complete tool. Let's hope the twit doesn't just get a slap on the wrist. 

50 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Willow did, I had to do the copious paperwork emoji6.png

Hope Willow had a nice bite out of him before you slapped the cuffs on and read the litte ***** his rights. 

• Like 2

She scared him pretty well.
Scrot was crying and begging not to be cuffed.
As if - he was driving a POS with no insurance or tax and on a tag too.

• Like 3

what a little POS. Hope the judge throws the book at him. Unlikely that'll happen though and you or your colleagues will see the same person again in a few weeks in another POS car with no insurance tax or licence.  

• Like 3

So guys you may have read and probably fed up about me talking about my heartbreak about a girl I liked who may be married. 

So today I had the courage to ask one of her friends about her. I don't think the girl I liked was in contact with many people after school except her close friend and this person. Anyway her friend confirmed she did get married. Got married in December and got engaged near the end of 2017. Basically about 2 years after we stopped seeing each other. Her close friend got married a year earlier. 

Now this got me and kind of showed her true self. Her friend told me she got invited for her wedding but she couldn't make it as she had to see her sick gran abroad. She unfollowed her from Instagram and she told me she unfollowed her back. Her friend also told me she didn't go university so basically she's probably just going to be a housewife which puts me off her. 

She's Turkish but after reading this about her from her friend it just shows she has those typical parents who must of got her married off. If she didn't go uni she must of met some guy in the family or through family friends. Funny how her close friend got married too just a year before. 

It has thankfully brought some closure to me. Now I just have to remove the remaining heartache lingering in me for me to be properly happy. Honestly it has opened my eyes to her and just shows she is a nasty person if she did that to her friend. I thank God he saved me from her and I pray he helps me move on in life. 

I don't like that I've not managed to see this comet yet (Neowise) despite the clear weather.
I must be facing the wrong way so might have to venture outside before dawn to try and see it. 

• Like 1

I don't like that I had trouble sleeping last night. Probably had 2-3 hours sleep. Just felt anger inside me about what happened yesterday along with the feeling of adrenaline. 

• Sad 1

I don't like being an idiot been driving my Mondeo tdci for years, so I thought i'll change the fuel filter myself. Great job done except I can't reprime the system thing. Tried with a sypon pump (gloried hand pump thing with a tube hole each) useless, so now I've to wait till Tuesday to get a fuel priming pump thingy from ecp.  Just in case I've book a mobile mechanic for Wednesday. Yeah diesel are a pain to work on.  Any of you near Farnborough 🤣  idiot needs help.  Shame about my hand pump, works brilliantly for oil changes, why won't it work here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gaskell71 said:

I don't like being an idiot been driving my Mondeo tdci for years, so I thought i'll change the fuel filter myself. Great job done except I can't reprime the system thing. Tried with a sypon pump (gloried hand pump thing with a tube hole each) useless, so now I've to wait till Tuesday to get a fuel priming pump thingy from ecp.  Just in case I've book a mobile mechanic for Wednesday. Yeah diesel are a pain to work on.  Any of you near Farnborough 🤣  idiot needs help.  Shame about my hand pump, works brilliantly for oil changes, why won't it work here?

Haha I live about 10 minutes away from you, but wouldn’t be much help with it your predicament unfortunately 😂

I'd guess the oil syphon pump has the same issue as the HP pump, designed to draw fluid, not air.  You should be fine with the hand primer! :biggrin:

I don't like the forum pop-up this morning!  Another ad issue I guess...  More or less every time I click something the forum 'changes' into a page about updating flash player. :unsure: 

54 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like the forum pop-up this morning!  Another ad issue I guess...  More or less every time I click something the forum 'changes' into a page about updating flash player. :unsure: 

I've had that quite a few times (happened yesterday), mine always comes up with TalkTalk,
It's happened a couple of times on different pages, but mostly this, I close Chrome and reboot PC to be safe.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 9:19 AM, RAIDER32 said:

I've had that quite a few times (happened yesterday), mine always comes up with TalkTalk,
It's happened a couple of times on different pages, but mostly this, I close Chrome and reboot PC to be safe.

It's always FOC for me!  Even tried browsing in 'inPrivate' mode this morning (no cookies or cache etc afaik?) and it still happened! :unsure: 

FOC is now completely unusable on the laptop!  I've had to resort to my phone to post this...first world problems eh! :laugh:

Pop up must have happened at least 50 times this morning, it's happening as soon as I open the forum now.

Tried using Malwarebytes but the only bit of malware that found was ELMConfig... :unsure:

Presumably it just looks for any executable file?  

It's only FOC that it happens on (have had other tabs open all morning) so it must be something to do with the forum rather than my laptop right?  But if that's the case, why doesn't it happen on mobile? 

i have the same thing so iv gone to google chrome works for me 😃

• Like 2

On 7/13/2020 at 8:25 AM, TomsFocus said:

The forum software would previously use flash player to help with uploads. It should be HTML5 now, might just be some legacy code.

Flash isn't on phones anymore, it stopped being supported many years ago, so the phone browser or tapatalk just ignore it.

On PCs and therefore laptops, flash has been holding out, I think it goes EOL the end of this year.

Absolute morons who block you on what is clearly a driveway because you haven't got a drop curb 🤬

33 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The forum software would previously use flash player to help with uploads. It should be HTML5 now, might just be some legacy code.

Flash isn't on phones anymore, it stopped being supported many years ago, so the phone browser or tapatalk just ignore it.

On PCs and therefore laptops, flash has been holding out, I think it goes EOL the end of this year.

I don't think it's a genuine Flash

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 15/07/2020
Protection Event Time: 12:32
Log File: e1f49d9a-c68e-11ea-a944-7446a0847e9f.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.1.2.73
Components Version: 1.0.979
Update Package Version: 1.0.26851
Licence: Trial

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0

-Website Data-
Category: RiskWare
Domain: refounge-peator.icu
IP Address: 18.196.86.59
Port: 443
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe

(end)

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

FOC is now completely unusable on the laptop!  I've had to resort to my phone to post this...first world problems eh! :laugh:

Pop up must have happened at least 50 times this morning, it's happening as soon as I open the forum now.

Tried using Malwarebytes but the only bit of malware that found was ELMConfig... :unsure:

Presumably it just looks for any executable file?  

It's only FOC that it happens on (have had other tabs open all morning) so it must be something to do with the forum rather than my laptop right?  But if that's the case, why doesn't it happen on mobile? 

Same here, although it only seems to happen when I use my default Microsoft Edge browser. If I use Chrome it does not happen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tizer said:

Same here, although it only seems to happen when I use my default Microsoft Edge browser. If I use Chrome it does not happen. 

Hmm that's weird!  Looks like it's Edge that's the problem then.  

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Could be, I haven't tried to sign in to FOC when I use Chrome so I don't know if that makes any difference. 

When I use Edge I get signed in automatically. No problems with my phone either. 

Absolute morons who block you on what is clearly a driveway because you haven't got a drop curb [emoji2959]
Sorry to burst your bubble but without a drop kerk it's not an official driveway and therefore there is no legal requirement to keep it clear.
If you're driving over a kerb to enter or leave the drive then it's you that is committing the offence and liable to a £1000 fine if caught.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BigFatBill86 said:

Absolute morons who block you on what is clearly a driveway because you haven't got a drop curb 🤬

As @Stoney871 has mentioned, if you don't have a dropped kerb, you're illegally crossing over the footway. Further to this, if you were to damage the footway then the highway authority may also seek to recover costs for the repair to the public highway.

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Are you using the old version of Edge or the newer Chromium build? Using the Chromium build here for the last ~6 months and everything appears to be fine. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

18 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but without a drop kerk it's not an official driveway and therefore there is no legal requirement to keep it clear.
If you're driving over a kerb to enter or leave the drive then it's you that is committing the offence and liable to a £1000 fine if caught.

Still, if you were in a residential road and someone has a drive surely it takes a special kind of ***** hole to park across it, legal or not. I'd be concerned the home owner might damage my car, or come out wearing a vest and carrying a baseball bat to re-educate me on my parking ettiquete. 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club