Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

20 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but without a drop kerk it's not an official driveway and therefore there is no legal requirement to keep it clear.
If you're driving over a kerb to enter or leave the drive then it's you that is committing the offence and liable to a £1000 fine if caught.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Don't worry about it, it takes far more than rational legal arguments to burst my unfounded anger bubble for these people 😁. Didn't realise about that £1000 fine though 😲.... But still, just because I've broke the law doesn't give someone the right to block me in, especially if they drive a Toyota Aygo 🤬

1 hour ago, fiestaecoboostman said:

Still, if you were in a residential road and someone has a drive surely it takes a special kind of ***** hole to park across it, legal or not. I'd be concerned the home owner might damage my car, or come out wearing a vest and carrying a baseball bat to re-educate me on my parking ettiquete. 🙂

Thanks for the support

10 hours ago, Zico said:

Are you using the old version of Edge or the newer Chromium build? Using the Chromium build here for the last ~6 months and everything appears to be fine. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

Looks like it's not Edge afterall, it's some sort of malware, I've found exactly the same thing being discussed here if you scroll down a few posts: 

https://www.sporcle.com/groups/topics/76fd3629b592

@alexp999 Can you fix it please? 

I still can't use the forum on the laptop...which may be a welcome relief for other members! :tongue:

(Edit - Had a giggle at that poster losing a 73 day streak...is that all!? :laugh: )

• Sad 1

Only @Steve or @Ford Owners' Club can look in to this.

For now, I'd recommend using something like Ublock Origin (more powerful) or Adguard (easier to use) browser extensions to blocks ads/trackers, etc.

Then disable it, or whitelist this website (and others you want to support) when it is fixed. (Or premium membership also would probably stop it if it is a rogue ad, and support the site if you keep the ad blocker active).

If you continue to get the popups with adguard or ublock installed, it's more likely something on your computer itself.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 10:56 AM, TomsFocus said:

Looks like it's not Edge afterall, it's some sort of malware, I've found exactly the same thing being discussed here if you scroll down a few posts: 

https://www.sporcle.com/groups/topics/76fd3629b592

@alexp999 Can you fix it please? 

I still can't use the forum on the laptop...which may be a welcome relief for other members! :tongue:

(Edit - Had a giggle at that poster losing a 73 day streak...is that all!? :laugh: )

Tom, I have made a change to your account, it removed that ads, can you tell me if you are still getting this?

I run it full on with all the ads but not getting issues here, looking at the code you submitted it does look like edge, possibly hijacked.

The software does not use flash here, its all up to date as well. Only thing could be a rogue ad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Tom, I have made a change to your account, it removed that ads, can you tell me if you are still getting this?

I run it full on with all the ads but not getting issues here, looking at the code you submitted it does look like edge, possibly hijacked.

The software does not use flash here, its all up to date as well. Only thing could be a rogue ad.

Thanks Steve.  It's no longer happening to me. :smile: 

Another member posted about the same issue here - 

Odd, I get some pop ups on other websites which drive me nuts, then they’ll disappear like nothing happened. Never happened on here though.

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Thanks Steve.  It's no longer happening to me. :smile: 

Another member posted about the same issue here - 

Stopped happening to me on Edge now. Never happened on Chrome and only happened on FOC.

Thanks Steve.

• Like 1

@V6 Lover I would like to see Bottas get a title but I can't say I don't like Hamilton.

Our Bearnese beagle Liam 

Has stolen a sealed packet of peanut M&M's from the kitchen table and hidden then somewhere possibly buried in the back garden he's a right messer 

• Like 1

@Lenny you'll want to find them or check he hasn't eaten them. Chocolate is toxic to dogs.

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

@Lenny you'll want to find them or check he hasn't eaten them. Chocolate is toxic to dogs.

Will find them, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, V6 Lover said:

I will not wear a mask,unless i decide to spray paint the mondog.. bad bad bad for you.. you are breathing in less oxygen..

Masks protect other people from YOUR possible germs/virus etc and NO they don't lower your oxygen levels 🙄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Masks protect other people from YOUR possible germs/virus etc and NO they don't lower your oxygen levels 🙄

It seems very difficult to get a clear answer on this one. As I mentioned on the coronavirus thread, my brother in law has COPD and has been explicitly told by his GP and doctors at the hospital clinic not to use one. He does use a perspex visor at work which is no problem.

Just to add further confusion, at the start of the outbreak, he specifically asked his doctors if he was ok to go to work (he's classed as a key worker) and was given the nod, so has continued working throughout. Last week, out of the blue, he received a letter from the NHS stating he had recently been identified as at risk and must shield until 1 August! 

• Like 1

I don't like my local mechanic getting hit by a car, his classic Cortina took a hit too, not his day at all.
Black car apparently sped down a side street opposite and crossed the main road (how it missed traffic god knows),
Hitting the garage owners Silver BMW sending it 8 feet and hitting Andy and his Cortina, sounds like he might be released from hospital tonight.
1055859911_2020-07-20TroyCrash.thumb.jpg.0fe69a749d9c4dc8597b80009d5a1c10.jpg

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/crime/mechanic-injured-after-being-struck-out-control-car-outside-leeds-garage-2919110

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, V6 Lover said:

Like i said the goverment has been scaremongering and telling lie's,seem's to be working on SOME people..

The Government pass on changing information from so called professionals all the time, it would be the same even if it was Commie Corbyn in charge,
At the start there was limited supply of masks and 80% of the country were now sat at home, you saw what happened with bog roll,
Also the out-sourced manufacturing to China was a problem, increased production takes time and China turned around ships with decent (3M) PPE for themselves.
With distance measures in place and a slow introduction back to work, masks were not essential,
now that there are much more people out and distances shrink, the masks should help stop the spread, it's not a case for Mulder & Scully.

• Like 2

On 7/20/2020 at 2:10 PM, V6 Lover said:

Don't like it when the goverment has done nothing but scaremongering...to put it bluntley our trusted minister's have been telling porkies...great big porkies and hopefully one day be held accountable for thier action's....
I will not wear a mask,unless i decide to spray paint the mondog.. bad bad bad for you.. you are breathing in less oxygen...
Tell me what it achieve's by wearing one,waste,waste,and more waste..lost count of discarded,germ wracked facemasks, more common than dog crap..
Not sure what the goverment is playing at but i will be keeping my healthy distrust of these money grubbing little parasites. .

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

The irony of accusing someone of scaremongering to then claim wearing a facemask is 'bad bad bad for you' because you are breathing less oxygen 😂
Agree with the waste issue of the disposable ones but if wearing a (rewashable and usable) facemask makes people feel more comfortable and could potentially slow down the infection rate, then i don't see the problem..

• Like 1

We have some homemade cotton washable ones.  They're a pain but I put it kn, get in the shop, get out and take it off.  I don't see it as a secret government tool of oppression and I feel for the shopkeepers who have to try to enforce the rule.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I feel for the shopkeepers who have to try to enforce the rule.

I feel the same. I'm not personally in favour of compulsion and have made my views known to my MP but I'm a law abiding citizen (well, mostly!😃) so I'm gonna do it come Friday. I certainly don't want to put the staff in my local stores (who have done a brilliant job over the last 4 months) in an awkward or embarrassing position.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I feel for the shopkeepers who have to try to enforce the rule.

Only the police can enforce it. Shopkeepers are being told not to challenge those who do not obey the rules to protect the staff. 

Been out for a bit of 'excersize' this afternoon.  First time I've had to do a tight parallel park for about 4 months.  Gave up on the first one (doubting my abilities!) and moved 3 spaces down to a larger space, parked easily and thought no more of it.  

When I got back some cheeky git had squeezed an identical black Mk6 Golf into the first space!  Now I feel inadequate. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club