Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

10 minutes ago, RAIDER32 said:

There's a lot of dangerous idiots out there who don't like to be challenged
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53367432

Wow. That’s scary biscuits. 

Let’s hope non-confrontational Britishness prevails over here. 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Been out for a bit of 'excersize' this afternoon.  First time I've had to do a tight parallel park for about 4 months.  Gave up on the first one (doubting my abilities!) and moved 3 spaces down to a larger space, parked easily and thought no more of it.  

When I got back some cheeky git had squeezed an identical black Mk6 Golf into the first space!  Now I feel inadequate. :laugh:

Don't fret about it Tom. As far as I can remember I've only done one perfect parallel park in 50 years - fortunately it was on my driving test!

The test centre didn't have a car park, you had to park it on the street, which wasn't usually a problem in the area, there were always lots of big spaces when I'd practised. So I got through the test feeling I'd done ok, came back to the test centre and the examiner said "park your vehicle, that will conclude the test". OMG! There was only one space, barely big enough for the car, but I did it perfectly!  Mind you, it was only an Austin 1100, which had great visibility, and my instructor had a little trick of sticking a matchstick in the back window rubber, that you could use as a guide!😃

• Like 2

I don't like my Car Insurance Renewal being £96 more than last year!!, wtf?
especially as this company thought they had too much money kicking around during the pandemic and 'refunded £25' to all it's customers.
Already getting results of £120 less on compare the market, I hate changing and would have let £40 slide but not £96.

36 minutes ago, RAIDER32 said:

I don't like my Car Insurance Renewal being £96 more than last year!!, wtf?
especially as this company thought they had too much money kicking around during the pandemic and 'refunded £25' to all it's customers.
Already getting results of £120 less on compare the market, I hate changing and would have let £40 slide but not £96.

Probably caused by all the people who've forgotten how to drive during lockdown, and are now getting back on the roads.

Give them a call, let them know you're thinking of leaving and they should give you a better price. I'm also a customer of that particular company, and that's been the process for me for the last few renewals. It's a bit of a faff, but at the last renewal I did manage to get them to drop the price to something considerably lower than the lowest price on comparison sites.

Loyalty might not be rewarded, but complaining is!

• Like 1

Looks like a mankini

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8edc43b7f3c928f6ac903a7bb23d41a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

After ten years of operating under the profile name @Lenny 

Tonight I must lose access to my profile due to changing my phone, 

My email address got hacked two years ago and I wasn't able to gain access again because my mobile number linked to the email address had changed so they couldn't text me verification code, 

As result I haven't been able to reset my login password on this forum in over two years however I have managed to continue accessing via my mobile phone as it remembers my login details,

I'm now changing my Mobile phone tonight so this is goodbye to the lenny profile and the over 9,000 like status aswell as ability to edit ten years of content.

I've set up a new profile as I'm now ten years older and 6" inches bigger in jeans I've decided to become @BigLen 😅 that's what the wife calls me anyway. 

Thanks all it's been emotional 👍

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@Lenny @BigLen could you keep your old phone solely for logging on here? Or get admin to do something behind the scenes?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

@Lenny @BigLen could you keep your old phone solely for logging on here? Or get admin to do something behind the scenes?

unfortunately I've had to change my phone by force rather than choice, 

our eldest daughter was out in the back garden with our son and her phone fell down the drain in to water, 

wouldn't have happened had the dog not lifted the cover on the drain in an attempt to drink from it, 

anyway; she was without a mobile which at thirteen in lockdown is quite a disaster as its a complete breakdown of social communication, I'm currently preparing three kids for the next school year which is costing me close to 1600 euro as result I don't currently have the miscellaneous expenditure to purchase a replacement phone for her, 

I bought an Alcatel 1 on Tesco mobile for 40 euro and attempted to get in unlocked to put her bill pay sim in to it from an alternative network provider however my attempts to unlock the Alcatel1 have failed, as result she now has my unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 and Im now using the Alcatel 1 which isn't bad for a 40 euro phone has 8GB memory and a dual core processor lol 

will do until I can afford something better towards the end of next month. 

23 hours ago, V6 Lover said:

I will wear a mask if it's mandatory,would not want to cause an upset at my local supermarket

Yes, same here - the staff in all our local shops and post office have been great throughout the last few months so I don't see why they should have to take any flak because of the change in policy. 

I've managed to avoid using coverings so far, so had my first masked 😷 shop this morning when the Mrs and I popped into our nearest Morrisons. Mrs was chewing a wasp all the way round - she needs her reading glasses to see the labels and they kept steaming up! I don't have that problem but was surprised how much peripheral vision was lost when looking down at stuff - you need to physically tilt your head forward. 

When we got out everyone was ripping them off and loads of folk were standing around chatting about how unpleasant they found it. I keep seeing reports of surveys that a large majority are in favour but personally I've yet to find one person who is. 

Anyway, we did our civic duty so I trust whoever has been afraid to go in a shop will have felt safer this morning.😃

• Like 2

Just been out for the papers, etc. It's only day 2 of the rule and already discarded masks were strewn outside the small parade of shops in our village centre.😡

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Just been out for the papers, etc. It's only day 2 of the rule and already discarded masks were strewn outside the small parade of shops in our village centre.😡

a3.thumb.jpeg.437899afa2eebadbe26eb611bbe748b5.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't like gently applying the brakes on the Focus coming up to a junction and feeling the ABS working! ABS light is now on permanently 🙄

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like gently applying the brakes on the Focus coming up to a junction and feeling the ABS working! ABS light is now on permanently 🙄

Time to upgrade with your recent windfall! :wink:  Or just fix the Focus and get a bigger tat... :biggrin: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Quincidentally I had the same issue tow weeks ago my focus has 207,000km on the clock only on third set of brake pads and sixth gear box 😂

Sent from my £30 P.O.S ALCATEL 1

• Like 1

Oddly, I haven't seen a single discarded mask myself yet...  Though there is a smashed copy of Red Dead Redemption for Xbox, including case and sleeve, on the grass by the roundabout.  Looks like it's been through the lawnmower, but I'm more interested in how it got there in the first place! :unsure: 

Went to a local beach/river walk yesterday, well distanced on the way down, but the tide was too high to continue (bit late for a spring tide!?) so ended up bunched up with others and needing to go back the way we came. 🤦‍♂️  Not quite all of us though...some maniacs tried to ride their bikes through it, and one guy took off his shoes and socks and waded across...not knowing what sort of sharp or dangerous objects might be under there! 😮  Do other people not see danger, or just don't care?  I was fully expecting that guy to cut his foot open on some broken glass and one of the cyclists to hit a rock, faceplant the water and drown... :ermm:

52 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Time to upgrade with your recent windfall! :wink:  Or just fix the Focus and get a bigger tat... :biggrin: 

I prefer Option 2 👍

• Like 1

Windows 10 update issues on HP laptop.

Big update, no idea what it's for or what it does.

Got stuck at 84% for over 90 minutes so I forced a shutdown.  

Now it's stuck in an 'undoing changes to your computer' loop with the continuous circular dots...  Tried another forced shutdown after 30 minutes but same happened again on next start.

I need the laptop for 7pm tonight.  Any suggestions other than just leaving it and hoping it sorts itself out by then? :unsure:

Safest option is to leave it doing its thing. You could try booting it to the "undoing changes" screen, then power off. Repeat that 3 times, and on the third attempt it should boot to a Windows advances troubleshooting screen. If you're lucky you will have a rollback - > featured update option which might work.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, erictcleric said:

Safest option is to leave it doing its thing. You could try booting it to the "undoing changes" screen, then power off. Repeat that 3 times, and on the third attempt it should boot to a Windows advances troubleshooting screen. If you're lucky you will have a rollback - > featured update option which might work.

Thanks.  Left it and went for a walk...it's back on the home screen now and seems fine.  However it still has the 'update and restart' or 'update and shutdown' options on the power menu.  There's no chance I'm risking either of those right now so will just leave it switched on and hope it doesn't force another restart itself in the meantime!

• Like 1

Just for context: some of the feature updates for Windows can take ages to apply. I'd allow an hour or two, depending on which updates it is trying to apply and how up-to-date it is. The worst was my work laptop which took over 5 hours once. I normally try and update my personal laptop often so it doesn't create a backlog. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club