Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 minute ago, Nick Y said:

because they've already been drinking. 

Wait until 10pm and slash all there tyres, 

Because personally I wouldn't approach the house party as there's a 50% chance of getting the covid19

• Like 1

Unfortunately I can't wait until 10pm. I've got to do the checks before 9pm as I have to check on and feed an old cat as well as ensuring everything is switched off. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nick Y said:

Unfortunately I can't wait until 10pm. I've got to do the checks before 9pm as I have to check on and feed an old cat as well as ensuring everything is switched off. 

Ah I see, poor Cat, 

I always get along very well with animals compared to people, I have similar problems with my neighbor and there visitors whom choose to ignore the five parking spots which are 26 steps away from the house there visiting and instead block our driveway.

I arrived home to a blocked driveway one night after work and I told them that the next time they arrive and the driveway is empty; you might as well park straight in there rather than blocking it.

They didn't respond but also didn't stop blocking it neither.

Can't fix stupid.

• Like 1

Back in the day when that used to happen to me, I got cross the one day I couldnt get out our shared car park as people used to park partially blocking entrance while visiting Chinese takeaway. 

I asked the person to move but they wouldn't until there food was ready. I drove through the gap that was smaller than my car on purpose and at highish speed and it pushed the back of there car round as I went out. And carried on out. That was an expensive takeaway for them 

I'm not saying doing that though.lol 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Can't fix stupid.

No Lenny, you can't fix stupid. 
The owner of the house is well aware that there is a need for access to the properties behind and that we share the drive. He believes that because he owns the house and the drive access, he can do what he wants, when he wants and screw everyone else. 

He's already had a visit from the plod before when he caused me a massive panic attack because of his actions with my wheelie bin so he doesn't like me very much. 

3 minutes ago, iantt said:

Back in the day when that used to happen to me, I got cross the one day I couldnt get out our shared car park as people used to park partially blocking entrance while visiting Chinese takeaway. 

I asked the person to move but they wouldn't until there food was ready. I drove through the gap that was smaller than my car on purpose and at highish speed and it pushed the back of there car round as I went out. And carried on out. That was an expensive takeaway for them 

I'm not saying doing that though.lol 

If I could, I would but my car is a lot newer than the Mondeo blocking the drive and there's no gap to get through. The driveway to our flats is only just wide enough for a car/small van to get down. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 8:01 AM, The Finance Guy said:

I’ve just heard back from my friend who is a TC up here and he’s confirmed I can’t get points, just a fine. Huge relief. 

Hoping I will get away from the fine too but good to know that’s worst case. 

TC? Top Cat? Traffic Commissioner? 😃

If it's the latter can I PM you with a question for the next time you see him please? 

Topcat002-1-.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

TC? Top Cat? Traffic Commissioner? 😃

If it's the latter can I PM you with a question for the next time you see him please? 

Topcat002-1-.gif

Haha TC = traffic cop

I do know Top Cat as well though  

• Haha 2

I don't like having to contact my Car Insurance to threaten to leave because they tag on 20% to my renewal,
But to be fair their online chat was easy and quick, when asked if I'd been given any other quotes I gave them one from Esure,
After a couple of questions they came back and matched it straight away saving me £117.68,
Really don't understand the logic of Insurance Companies, for every one they fleece there are others who just leave.

• Like 1

I don't like that my father has been in hospital since Sunday last week with Jaundice undergoing tests and awaiting others.

Possible gallstones?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Update on my issue from last week about the fine for no insurance, caused by my error in providing the reg number. 

I paid the fine today. When I got the letter in with the original charge, my only two options were to pay it and it goes away, or if I refuse the fine I have to go to court to fight it, and if I lose I can end up with a criminal conviction. 

I was planning to just explain my mistake and show that I had paid for insurance, but made a genuine error, and hope for some sympathy. However the risk of getting in front of a judge and them just taking the view that whether it was a mistake or not is irrelevant - technically the bike wasn’t insured. If I was to end up with a conviction for it it would be far more painful than paying £150 fine. Costly mistake but the lesser of two evils!

I have learned a lesson for sure. 

• Like 2

On 8/10/2020 at 2:21 PM, Stoney871 said:

Possible gallstones?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No idea yet. He's not in pain which you probably would expect but some of the scans he's had might indicate that something is blocked in the liver. He's itching and tired etc. but not in pain.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Literally everyone in the UK today... :sweat:

790653363_ImBloodyBoiling.thumb.jpg.9f8dfe0264f7a4405bc3be0ea7324112.jpg

It's baking dave 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Really my blood is boiling see that there's a mark and handprint on my car 😠

Hopefully this mark on the bumper is just some residue and the handprint also is nothing. Just makes me mad what inconsiderate fool would do this. Yesterday only went to the local post office and parked right out so doubt it happened then. 

Screenshot_20200812-151154.png

Screenshot_20200812-151209.png

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

Really my blood is boiling see that there's a mark and handprint on my car 😠

Hopefully this mark on the bumper is just some residue and the handprint also is nothing. Just makes me mad what inconsiderate fool would do this 

Screenshot_20200812-151154.png

Screenshot_20200812-151209.png

That's when it'd be great to have the James Bond tech from his BMW 750iL Zzzzzzzzzzzzapppppp

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

That's when it'd be great to have the James Bond tech from his BMW 750iL Zzzzzzzzzzzzapppppp

Dad has his car parked on the neighbours drive opposite so could see hopefully if it recorded anything. Just makes me think who did it unless it was a drunk person walking by

Just now, zain611 said:

Dad has his car parked on the neighbours drive opposite so could see hopefully if it recorded anything. Just makes me think who did it unless it was a drunk person walking by

Hopefully it'll all buff out, does seem odd.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Hopefully it'll all buff out, does seem odd.

Sadly dad's dash cam recorded up till 10am when he was at work. 

We're thinking probably was a drunk person who fell on the car. Yeah the mark looks like it'll come off just angry how some people can be but hopefully no permanent damage was done 

On 8/9/2020 at 2:49 PM, Zico said:

I don't like that my father has been in hospital since Sunday last week with Jaundice undergoing tests and awaiting others.

Jaundice is caused by some sort of liver issue. He doesn't drink does he? Or could be secondary to something else

• Like 1

Been out for a drive this afternoon and noticed a big chip on the passenger side of the windscreen...  Didn't hear it happen and didn't notice it on Monday when I went shopping.

Had a look outside when I parked up and it looks like a reversed stone chip...there's actually a clear blob of something on top of the glass!  I guess it could be tree sap but I haven't parked under any trees.  No idea what else it could be!! 😳 

Hopefully the thunderstorms tonight will wash it off, along with the guano that's all over the bonnet too. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Another hot day at work. 37.4c again inside while wearing black overalls, high vis vest over. Face mask, vitrile gloves , getting in and out of baking hot vehicles sat in the sun all day . Got too much by 2pm and downed tools! Boss wasn't happy as we are so busy. My health is more important than my wealth or the bosses targets. We were all at the point of heat exhaustion. Not much got done the rest of the afternoon. 

• Like 3

@iantt I feel your pain been through this all week! Managers, parts, Sales and accounts all get air-conditioned rooms and offices, not us grease monkeys 😭

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club