Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

43 minutes ago, MasterTechTip said:

@iantt I feel your pain been through this all week! Managers, parts, Sales and accounts all get air-conditioned rooms and offices, not us grease monkeys 😭

Yeah, and there the ones moaning we not working quick enough, got to be selling 15hrs a day minimum!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

@iantt look after No1 👍

Who, the boss? 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was outside most of the day in 29 degrees wearing a black uniform and body armour whilst doing my 6 monthly relicencing assessment.
When I got home the dogs got a good lie in a paddling pool under a shady tree and I got a long cool shower.
I used strong sun block but still caught the sun on my face.
Dehydrated doesn't cover it.
I was drinking water like crazy but still felt like crap at the end of the day.
Roll on winter I say [emoji3063]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, zain611 said:

Jaundice is caused by some sort of liver issue. He doesn't drink does he? Or could be secondary to something else

He's not really drank alcohol at all so shouldn't be drink related. They are going to do a camera check soon (opening him up from the side and exploring the organs etc. within. He's got other issues but the doctors are still not sure what is the cause at the moment.

He's tired and itching a lot and the hot weather isn't helping either.

• Like 1

I don't like the 'privacy' tab thingy on the right-hand side of the screen.

Clicked on it and the 'Agree' and 'Save and Exit' options but it won't go away! First world problems. 😆

Screenshot_20200813-061352.png

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like the 'privacy' tab thingy on the right-hand side of the screen.

Clicked on it and the 'Agree' and 'Save and Exit' options but it won't go away! First world problems. 😆

Screenshot_20200813-061352.png

Its not private as I can see it on my screen too along side every post you make 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The price of engine oil! Someone somewhere must be raking in the money.

In December 2018, I bought 10l of Formula F for £38. Now the best I can find is £55 for the same. Neither inflation nor the price of crude oil (which must provide most of the chemicals used to make synthetic oils) anywhere near justify this. Is it one one those nasty, underhand stealth taxation rackets?

• Like 1

@Stoney871

I know we joked about this before regarding the dog replacing me on the sofa;

but it's now Day 474 of dog ownership and it's now official; 

The dog has replaced my position as a partner 😂

Lenny Who? Never heard of the guy..

IMG-20200813-WA0008.thumb.jpg.4a57d616ff9230194062c2fad2c9cfc8.jpg

IMG-20200810-WA0001.thumb.jpg.39fbb335478ce33c6d479cd8f6ae69aa.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

The price of engine oil! Someone somewhere must be raking in the money.

In December 2018, I bought 10l of Formula F for £38. Now the best I can find is £55 for the same. Neither inflation nor the price of crude oil (which must provide most of the chemicals used to make synthetic oils) anywhere near justify this. Is it one one those nasty, underhand stealth taxation rackets?

Perhaps the Russians are using it as part of there vaccine, or its also used in the manufacture of perspex which is now almost more expensive than T304 Stainless steel.

Even the Devil has to make a living.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BigLen said:

Perhaps the Russians are using it as part of there vaccine, or its also used in the manufacture of perspex which is now almost more expensive than T304 Stainless steel.

Even the Devil has to make a living.

The price of Perspex! Ridiculous. 

I went to have a look at some PVC curtains to partition off the powder coating area of the shed and couldn’t figure out why it was so expensive. Then I realised - Covid ruins everything!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 3:18 PM, zain611 said:

Really my blood is boiling see that there's a mark and handprint on my car 😠

Hopefully this mark on the bumper is just some residue and the handprint also is nothing. Just makes me mad what inconsiderate fool would do this. Yesterday only went to the local post office and parked right out so doubt it happened then. 

Screenshot_20200812-151154.png

Screenshot_20200812-151209.png

Following on from this my dad spoke to one of the neighbours. At the end of the road there are these nightmare tenants which had empty beer / alcohol glasses around their house. Very likely it was one of them that did this. 

Anyway most of the neighbours on the road hate them. Do their bbq on the driveway, playing their music, has a untaxed and uninsured bmw parked outside and just outside the road a van with ambulance stickers on it with no tax and insurance. Dad reported both cars along with mum reporting them for anti social behaviour. Think one of them sells drugs outside the house and sometimes their friends or family turn up with loud music and driving fast down the road. Dad saying at 2 in the morning one of them drives fast down the road with his loud exhaust. Nothing good from them and I'm not the only one on the road who wants them gone. 

Noticed a few scratches on my headlight. Thank god I put ppf on it however hope some heat will fix it. Managed to remove that mark on the bumper. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

The price of Perspex! Ridiculous. 

I went to have a look at some PVC curtains to partition off the powder coating area of the shed and couldn’t figure out why it was so expensive. Then I realised - Covid ruins everything!

The struggle is real man, 

• Like 2

Don't like getting a nasty rash under my chin from wearing face masks all day every day at work. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iantt said:

Don't like getting a nasty rash under my chin from wearing face masks all day every day at work. 

Just grow a beard, will act as a cushion 😂. Yesterday when I went shopping I put my mask on. There's some you can get with a soft material 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Just grow a beard, will act as a cushion 😂. Yesterday when I went shopping I put my mask on. There's some you can get with a soft material 

I'm getting my partner to make me a few material ones. Been using the company supplied disposable ones this week which havent been nice in 37c+ indoor temps where I work. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimST2 said:

This CoronaVirus really is impacting businesses. Hope they don't go bust. Would think they'd be getting more money as people probably buying more car bits whilst at home 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 11:36 PM, zain611 said:

This CoronaVirus really is impacting businesses. Hope they don't go bust. Would think they'd be getting more money as people probably buying more car bits whilst at home 

Didn't Ford stop the deal whereby Mountune upgrades don't invalidate your warranty recently?

I've also heard that RS Direct near Bristol is closing too 🙁

2020 sucks.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Didn't Ford stop the deal whereby Mountune upgrades don't invalidate your warranty recently?

I've also heard that RS Direct near Bristol is closing too 🙁

2020 sucks.

Only the new Fiesta Mk8 and Focus Mk4 tunes are not warranty friendly. Anything previously warranty friendly still is.

I've heard talk about Ford requiring additional verification and Mountune not wanting to stump up the cost, maybe it's just that they couldn't afford to get it warranty approved.

I don't like having no broadband connection from around 10am.  :sad:

Ended up watching Homes Under The Hammer AND Bargain Hunt...  Now it's 7.30pm, still not connected and I'm having to ***** again without any social media or Spotify.  (Posting this via 4g at 1p per MB with data saver switched on lol).

Down detector shows many other people having the same issue so all we can do is wait.  Just got to hope it's back on by tomorrow!

(Edit...ok, who's going to be offended by the word p00p!?) :laugh:

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like having no broadband connection from around 10am.  :sad:

Ended up watching Homes Under The Hammer AND Bargain Hunt...  Now it's 7.30pm, still not connected and I'm having to ***** again without any social media or Spotify.  (Posting this via 4g at 1p per MB with data saver switched on lol).

Down detector shows many other people having the same issue so all we can do is wait.  Just got to hope it's back on by tomorrow!

(Edit...ok, who's going to be offended by the word p00p!?) :laugh:

Homes under the Hammer and Bargain Hunt really are two of the most tedious shows on earth, feel for you 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't like a neighbour parking his car a foot from mine in a gap long enough for 3 cars,
I went out and and moaned at him as he got out, if someone boxed him in he's risking scratching my car pulling out.

Went to work yesterday morning and forgot to bring a packet of cheese & onion crisps which were sitting on the kitchen counter worktop,

Our daughter got these pictures of our dog Liam watching out the window while I drove away; he was trying to remind me about the crisps 😂

IMG_20200824_141938.thumb.jpg.6fa7c1ff41d0e274445cfbd93b9c7f8f.jpg

IMG_20200824_142116.thumb.jpg.a371d367af70334dab080c92c4a7095c.jpgYou forgot your crisps Len..

Sadly temptation got the better of his generosity at some point across the nine hours that I was away; because he stank of cheese & onion crisps when I got back home; 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Went to work yesterday morning and forgot to bring a packet of cheese & onion crisps which were sitting on the kitchen counter worktop,

Our daughter got these pictures of our dog Liam watching out the window while I drove away; he was trying to remind me about the crisps 😂

IMG_20200824_141938.thumb.jpg.6fa7c1ff41d0e274445cfbd93b9c7f8f.jpg

IMG_20200824_142116.thumb.jpg.a371d367af70334dab080c92c4a7095c.jpgYou forgot your crisps Len..

Sadly temptation got the better of his generosity at some point across the nine hours that I was away; because he stank of cheese & onion crisps when I got back home; 

Lol

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Homes under the Hammer and Bargain Hunt really are two of the most tedious shows on earth, feel for you 😂

Had a second day of it yesterday as well...  Internet finally came back on about 10pm last night.  36 hours without internet really reminded me just awful life is without the distraction of the internet! :unsure: :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club