Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

In other news, someone was shot near my flat this morning. 

Air ambulance arrived while I was having a dump

Just watching the story on the BBC news (about the shooting, not your dump😀). Glad to see you're ok! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Air ambulance arrived while I was having a dump and is probably the loudest thing I have ever heard!  

Helicopters aren't quiet things. I have NPAS North East fly over at 800ft quite often and also the YAA sometimes. I've even helped the YAA land their old MD902 Explorer helicopter in the middle of the road by blocking access to the road after an RTC. 

What's shocking about this story is that it was a teenager supposedly shot by another teenager. Where does a teenager get a ***** firearm from and why do they need one?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

Helicopters aren't quiet things. I have NPAS North East fly over at 800ft quite often and also the YAA sometimes. I've even helped the YAA land their old MD902 Explorer helicopter in the middle of the road by blocking access to the road after an RTC. 

What's shocking about this story is that it was a teenager supposedly shot by another teenager. Where does a teenager get a ***** firearm from and why do they need one?

We occasionally have the police or search and rescue helicopters fly over fairly low, sometimes with a massive search light at night, but they've never landed 200ft from my bathroom before lol.  :biggrin: 

This is the world we live in unfortunately.  It'll almost certainly be drug/gang related.  I've mentioned the local dealing on here before...just thought it was a bit of weed but maybe it was more.  If they can get hold of drugs, I'm sure they can get hold of guns.  You can buy anything on the dark web these days.

It's not limited to our estate either, I was sat on a bench in a nearby posh village last week and saw a large block of 'something' retrieved from a bush by a kid on a bicycle who then rode straight into the road causing a car to slam on both the horn and the brakes...  They really aren't discreet and inconspicuous about it so presumably fairly inexperienced.  Likely to be county lines preying on impressionable kids still.

On the subject of loud noises...it really is all go here today!

Just been watching someone attempt to reverse a brand new Fiat 500 out of a parking space, I didn't see them arrive and don't know them (possibly a reporter).  There were 2 long cringeworthy gear grinds, followed by a third where the engine simultaneously cut out and let out an ear popping bang at the same time!  Thought they'd blown something major but after a minute or so the engine started again...and once again another long crunch before they finally got reverse!  And then very gingerly selected first and moved off...

I can only assume the bang was caused by raw petrol hitting the cat the second they stalled by not disengaging the clutch...can't say I've ever seen it happen before though! :unsure:

Guess I'll never know whether there's actually a fault with the car or if they were just trying to select gears without pressing the clutch! :laugh:

23 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol I didn't realise you lived somewhere posh, Tom

From the Times newspaper article on the incident this morning:

"This is an executive community: the people are fairly wealthy and the houses are fairly expensive." 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol I didn't realise you lived somewhere posh, Tom

From the Times newspaper article on the incident this morning:

"This is an executive community: the people are fairly wealthy and the houses are fairly expensive." 😀

Haha, well this is awkward.  I'll have to stop the poor guy act now! :unsure:

Was that article written by an H. Bucket by any chance? :biggrin:

• Haha 1

I don't like that Sony is still keeping quiet about the release date and pre-order date for the PS5. 
Microsoft yesterday revealed (after a leak) the new consoles, prices, release date and today said pre-orders will start later this month (22nd September). 
Sony still remaining lips sealed about everything. 
There's also rumours that only a set number of units will be available to pre-order and be available on release day.

Did they not learn anything from the PS3 release disaster? 

I don't like how my S10 is playing up, signal reads a little lower and sensors are way off (read problems on google search on sensor) like pulse/oxygen reads wrong going off my S9.

Also up and down if test 3 or more, like 10 lower l............S9 is way better..... Makes me think how good Samsung Fitness app is........

I don't like this song -

Because every time it starts on the radio I expect it to be Crazytown - Butterfly 

However, I've just found out, that was also a sample!  Was taken from a Chilli's track!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I've run out of beer :crybaby:

Oh well, I haven't so I will have one for you. 😂😂

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I don't like having to fill up today...first time since April!  Almost forgot how! :unsure:

Worked out as 54mpg over 600 miles during lockdown...pretty much all town driving.  Can't complain at that I suppose.

Was also going to try the coin operated jetwash at the garage but pussied out of it haha!  Might give it a go next week...  Too much hassle & effort to do it at home now so I'm hoping to give it a blast off at the garage and then give it a wipe over with Poorboy's Black Hole glaze later on or even the next day...  Hopefully that'll fill in all the swirls, not much I can do about the stone chips though.  They must be bad as even my Dad mentioned the state of the bonnet this week!  

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

I've run out of beer :crybaby:

Need a refill?  🍻 😃

IMG_20200213_164541894.jpg

• Like 2

When the cashier at Poundland says my total comes to £3.75...

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

Apparently, half the stuff in there is no longer a pound.  Think they need to change their name! :laugh: 

• Haha 2

Shoutout to the person that hit me on a roundabout yesterday! Good way to ruin a day [emoji849] Thankfully no one was hurt, metal and plastic can be repaired at the end of the day.
464ECD53-426A-4EAB-B6AD-BAA5CD59D84E.thumb.jpeg.28e403c9fb6256d94483200417270c71.jpeg
Ouch..Oh Man..did you get 'cut up' on a roundabout...i really believe driving standard's have slipped somewhat..

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Started a new toothpaste this morning and thought it tasted a little different...had to double take when I looked at the flavour! :ermm: [emoji23] 
anismint.thumb.jpg.9055cd739705b4b81583a7bdb7061940.jpg

Hahahahah

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

When the cashier at Poundland says my total comes to £3.75...

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

Apparently, half the stuff in there is no longer a pound.  Think they need to change their name! :laugh: 

😂 There a rip off for "wagon wheel" bars over here it's the €2 shop, there only €1.75 for a pack in Tesco, 

30 minutes ago, BigLen said:
5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

😂 There a rip off for "wagon wheel" bars over here it's the €2 shop, there only €1.75 for a pack in Tesco, 

Crikey! When I was at school they were 2d each!😀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Crikey! When I was at school they were 2d each!😀

......and the size of dinner plates! 🙄😆😆🙄

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, BigLen said:

I'm not sure Poundland works at all over there, surely it should be Euroland? :biggrin:

In fairness, they sell super cheap batteries.  £1 for a pack of 12 AAAs, can't fault that!  Finally have a working TV remote again, no longer having to get up and change channel manually as if it was 1984! :laugh:

Also, the 75p was for a pack of Fox's cookies...which Tesco are selling for £1.65!  😮

I agree a lot of the stuff can be bought cheaper elsewhere though.  I only go in there 3 or 4 times a year lol.

• Like 2

Believe autobeam sent me the wrong HID Kit. Fitted one on the left side. Surely this is a warm white. Right bulb is their performance range LED 6000k bulb. Need to return the HIDs and hopefully get the right colour to match the LED bulb which I'll put in the high beam. 

Sure you guys can agree the HID is brighter. 

Screenshot_20200915-215054.png

• Confused 1

Well my Fiesta is off being fixed, insurance reckon it’ll be the other party at fault so that’s nice (in before it goes 50/50 😂). However I’ve been given a Corsa as a hire car, what a piece of 🤬 it is!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I don't like that the UK, EU and other countries have to wait a week after launch in the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand to get our hands on a PS5. 

2 hours ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like that the UK, EU and other countries have to wait a week after launch in the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand to get our hands on a PS5. 

I posted this in the I do like thread but always worth another shot... you can always come over to the dark side 😄

I don't like the absolute farce it has been trying to get a PS5 pre-ordered. 
Yesterday when Curry's site went live, the pre-order page just kept refreshing and not letting anyone in. Then they took it down and then put a queueing system in place where the wait time was well over an hour. Even if you got in, you had 10 minutes to chose which one you wanted and complete your transaction otherwise you were kicked out and put back in the queue. 

Then, this morning Argos put their pre-orders live at about 4am. Once again, it was a farce. You could select the product and put it in the basket but then it would tell you it wasn't available for collection or delivery. If you were lucky enough to actually get one in the basket for delivery and taken to the payment screen, you might then find more problems. Once card details were put in and you clicked submit, it would time out the transaction but the full amount would be pre-authorised to your card. It happened to me 3 times before I gave up. 

Guess I won't be getting a PS5 at launch then. 

Oh, then you've got the usual bunch of profiteers on fleabay by posting up their pre-orders and charging upwards of 50% more than the purchase price. It's a shame eBay allows that sort of 💩 on their site. They should be banned and their pre-orders cancelled but payment taken anyway as punishment (shouldn't be too hard to find the accounts linked to eBay and the pre-orders).

• Like 1