Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Has anyone else has weird smelling frozen roast potatoes recently?

I've been buying Aunt Bessies for years but a few weeks ago I opened that smelt horrendous!  Tried another pack and they were the same, like following a bin lorry!

Anyway, I've since tried a bag or Tesco own and Sainsbury's own and they both smell weird as well...although I'd say more like pee! 

I've got a bag of McCain plain Wedges and they don't smell of anything really so it's something odd about roasts in particular.  Ingredients haven't changed as far as I can see.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same issue?  I've just noticed a review on Sainsbury's website complaining about a smell so it looks like I'm not just going crazy at least...but why so many different brands? 

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/Product/aunt-bessies-homestyle-roasts-16kg

On the plus side, you can smell them. At least you haven't got covid then😂😂.

Never buy frozen roast potatoes. Only takes a few more minutes  to peal a potato and do properly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

On the plus side, you can smell them. At least you haven't got covid then😂😂.

Never buy frozen roast potatoes. Only takes a few more minutes  to peal a potato and do properly. 

Haha, I made that same joke when I told my Mum about them!  :laugh:

Doing proper roasts is fine for families, it's not worth it for single people though.  30 seconds to open a bag and dump them on a tray...rest of the pack stays in the freezer for months without sprouting or going rotten...well, usually without going rotten!

I often just do a few roast potatoes in a small tray while cooking something else. Then eat them cold next day at work with my sandwiches. 

• Like 4

Just now, iantt said:

I often just do a few roast potatoes in a small tray while cooking something else. Then eat them cold next day at work with my sandwiches. 

Lol☺️

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, iantt said:

get yourself some goose fat in a jar from Tesco and paint it on to the potatoes prior to roasting, 

Capture.thumb.JPG.5c10aa53aca8281a1d5b5fb7b17b3e3b.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigLen said:

get yourself some goose fat in a jar from Tesco and paint it on to the potatoes prior to roasting, 

Capture.thumb.JPG.5c10aa53aca8281a1d5b5fb7b17b3e3b.JPG

👍

• Thanks 1

I don't like almost being kicked out of my local spec-savers, mainly due to covid-19 rules and my transition to shopping online for everything the past few years, 

anyway ill explain;

first to say I suppose; I look after my family a lot more than i look after myself, as result its been eight years since i bought myself a new pair of glasses or had an eye test, and considering the new glasses are costing me 768 euro I'm sure you can understand why i don't go every two years as one is supposed to, they don't get any cheaper if you go every two years, 

but that wasn't the issue here, 

the issue was; the gave me the eye test, then handed me a small basket as though I was in a field about to venture on an Easter egg hunt, 

they told me that the basket was for the frames, 

ok so I'm very used to shopping online these days; i tried on a number of frames, but I didn't like them, meaning I wasn't going to buy them, so i put them back on the shelf, 

then those which I did like then; i put them in to my basket for purchase, 

I didn't realize the issue until the receptionist screamed at me that anything I touched was to be put in the basket where it would be sanitized prior to being put back on the shelf lol

i told her to check the CCTV to see what I had touched as there's so many i cant remember,  

I'm too used to shopping online these days, where adding something to the basket means your intending to purchase lol 

they didn't think it was funny atoll, but I was in spec savers not that i should have gone there, well maybe i should have gone there before Covid-19 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our TV in the living room appears not to work, not that there's anything worth watching at the moment. The issue is there isn't any buttons on the TV to switch it on or change channel. So I don't know if it's the TV or remote not working! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, iantt said:

Our TV in the living room appears not to work, not that there's anything worth watching at the moment. The issue is there isn't any buttons on the TV to switch it on or change channel. So I don't know if it's the TV or remote not working! 

what brand and model is it?

some have a button hidden,

my Samsung button is the red LED itself; i mean like who would have thought 

• Like 1

Ok, I should now say that you shouldn't rely on your partner/ wife to check for you and adamantly say there isn't a button to turn TV on without remote.

Well , There is. Right , TV switched on ok so it's the remote not working

Now I dismantle remote to find a sticky substance over the lower half of circuit board. Cleaned up reassemble and working now. Looks like something had spilt on the remote ( lemonade or such ) and been wiped up.  nothing been said . Mmmm!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dezwez said:

work out well in the end👍

Yeah, I was just about to look for a new TV at richer sounds website

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Easy way to check if your remote's working or not, open the camera on your phone, aim the remote at the lens and press any button on the remote. If you see the remote flash it means it's working 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Mild hybrid electric vehicle. Mild isn't the word when the battery is no bigger than my sandwich box. 

3 minutes ago, iantt said:

Mild hybrid electric vehicle. Mild isn't the word when the battery is no bigger than my sandwich box. 

It’s going to be the new “stop start not working” threads. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

And why is my alternator so expensive ( £1500) thread. Lol 

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Sandwich box's range in some considerable size; there's a few people where I work whom have sandwich box's bigger than my Bosch S5 battery in my diesel focus. 

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

There's already a few stop/start threads if you consider the thread revivals 😂

• Like 1

I don't like having a work colleague from the office department ask myself and a fellow worker if he could borrow a mask from either of us as he wanted to go to the shop 😳

He was deadly serious too; has been spoken to before about house partys and our response was; sure thing buddy as if we don't potentially have the virus already; I think there's one my kids used in school pat two weeks in the back of my car.  before we fell on the ground laughing like Peppa pig. Followed by recommending McDonalds as they would feed you through the window.

And this guy is in a fairly responsible work position, 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BigLen said:

I don't like having a work colleague from the office department ask myself and a fellow worker if he could borrow a mask from either of us as he wanted to go to the shop 😳

He was deadly serious too; has been spoken to before about house partys and our response was; sure thing buddy as if we don't potentially have the virus already; I think there's one my kids used in school pat two weeks in the back of my car.  before we fell on the ground laughing like Peppa pig. Followed by recommending McDonalds as they would feed you through the window.

And this guy is in a fairly responsible work position, 

I don't Like house prices ... Hopefully looking to move out from living with my parents in about 2 years. And to use the help to buy scheme I would have to get a new build. Which around me its £130,000 for a 2 bed new build. Yes I could look at non-new builds but I would not be able to use the Help to buy so i would have to at least have a 10% deposit. Anyway i'm ranting about something that is 2 years away haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

I don't Like house prices ... Hopefully looking to move out from living with my parents in about 2 years. And to use the help to buy scheme I would have to get a new build. Which around me its £130,000 for a 2 bed new build. Yes I could look at non-new builds but I would not be able to use the Help to buy so i would have to at least have a 10% deposit. Anyway i'm ranting about something that is 2 years away haha.

£130k for 2bed, is that the help to buy price ? 

£130k must be well out of town?  Though after seeing the Manctopia series on BBC2 I don't think they're building houses there any more, all luxury high rise apartment blocks! 😮

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club