Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

On 22/01/2021 at 7:54 PM, FiestaForever said:

I really don't like buying exhaust/manifold heat bandage/wrap and not finding out it contained glass fibre until it was applied, without gloves,  getting hundreds of fibrous splinters all over the inside and outside of my hands. The irritation was next level. There was absolutely no warning of hazard on ebay listing, and did not come with any mention of using with gloves.😒

Hope your hand is better. Did you get it checked out?

18 hours ago, BigLen said:

@zain611 you will make it all back in the first month's wages mate; 

Thanks man. Even my monthly universal credit payment recoups that after a month 😂. I just want to pass it and start doing applying for more trainee vacancies. Had my first zoom meeting with the estate agent im hopefully working at. Had to present about universal credit and questions estate agents ask and thankfully they were impressed. Have another meeting with them tomorrow and have to discuss about questions asked in letting and sales which is just a 2 minute search on Google. Can't believe how easy it is researching this stuff in this job compared to my masters research project 😂.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 9:25 PM, iantt said:

My daughter walked into our house and into our living room where were were sat , to be told by her (with face mask on ) that the nursery where she worked had toddlers who spread covid to the staff and parts of the nursery had to shut down due to staff now off with covid. She said it's ok she hasn't got it!! Only a splitting headache!  She dropped off a present for my step daughters 18th birthday. Anyway, I need to lock the front door to stop family entering the house! 

We have quarantined the present for 3 days and wiped down the front door and living room handles etc. 

Thought I  should mention she doesn't live with us. 

Well, she just text me to say she positive. So glad we took what I thought were at the time over the top wiping and quarantined regime after she left our house! Just hope we did enough to stop us getting it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Well, she just text me to say she positive. So glad we took what I thought were at the time over the top wiping and quarantined regime after she left our house! Just hope we did enough to stop us getting it. 

Hope she gets better 👍. Happy to hear you didn't get it. Seems like older people tend get it worse so you should be careful

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

Seems like older people tend get it worse so you should be careful

Tactful... :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

Looks like I need to get a steering wheel lock 😬

I think it's more the newer ones with keyless entry that get stolen, but that's a huge number compared to the rest of the cars! 😮 

• Like 1

On 17/01/2021 at 8:41 PM, BigLen said:

El Camino thanks man, it's mixing with the Columbia Street collection there and the low rider estate's 

Reminds me of the breaking bad sequal movie that one, 

IMG-20210117-WA0022.thumb.jpg.f7b52f474e3d732bdf7c937f8e4f6f04.jpg

Not up to your standards but I found another 2 classic American toy cars today. Being displayed on a printers tray along with all the other nic-naks and beach finds. 

IMG_20210129_154200790.jpg

IMG_20210129_154137622.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/29/2021 at 4:45 PM, Turvey said:

Not up to your standards but I found another 2 classic American toy cars today. Being displayed on a printers tray along with all the other nic-naks and beach finds. 

IMG_20210129_154200790.jpg

IMG_20210129_154137622.jpg

Very nice, 

Are the Hotwheels or Matchbox ?

The pink model looks tidy, 

I haven't been on here in a little while, I've been busy with work; and here's how the shelves are looking after investing €732.00 in to them, 🤯 some models well at least twenty of them are Hotwheels Premium which have real rubber tyres and metal chassis aswell as the Diecast outter Shell, also metallic Paint, 

I've got more to arrive in the post, planning to complete it next month, have everything in catagorie now, 

IMG-20210128-WA0019.thumb.jpg.a5df3ef220a3995e702344f74ba75919.jpg

IMG-20210128-WA0021.thumb.jpg.d54e91eb66a3dffac3812d7b166908bb.jpg

IMG-20210128-WA0020.thumb.jpg.046b6da87f4fd6e5053e05f35abdbc81.jpg

got these which I won't ever be opening, keeping as a collector item until he's old enough to appreciate them or sell them on himself, there six different ones released every year called team transport sets 

IMG-20210117-WA0015.thumb.jpg.3a86d781ea6ddcab60b27e5be21e5a17.jpg

They were €25 each delivered, some already selling higher on eBay

Got these premium models on order 

IMG-20210128-WA0031.thumb.jpg.12cc7f6b26d6889ba30b46558be61792.jpg

And these; one for the drift models row and one for the LeMans 24 endurance row 

IMG-20210128-WA0014.thumb.jpg.f5460bb1d24da3c4651790e188cd62a6.jpg

IMG-20210128-WA0015.thumb.jpg.41055e95835171897c638a71207f6cc5.jpg

Aswell as a few of those drag racing hippie Vans to complete the row, 

Most cars were €9 each some specific models were €15-€20 but all come together nicely, all real cars 

IMG-20210124-WA0028.thumb.jpg.4a481058f80e3ce65ee683c5e94394f4.jpg

IMG-20210124-WA0027.thumb.jpg.0dcb7c9f3a31bcc1480a7e0f125a62c8.jpg

IMG-20210126-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20210124-WA0029.jpg

• Like 1

On 26/01/2021 at 9:28 AM, zain611 said:

Hope she gets better 👍. Happy to hear you didn't get it. Seems like older people tend get it worse so you should be careful

Well, my daughter has got progressively worse over the last couple of days. Being asthmatic isn't helping.  Stopped eating and struggling to drink. .

But the good news is my ex wife has now caught it off her. 

My son is in hiding in his bedroom hoping not to get it and now has to start his 10 day isolation again due to his mum testing positive. So 17 days for him stuck in a little bedroom. 

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, iantt said:

Well, my daughter has got progressively worse over the last couple of days. Being asthmatic isn't helping.  Stopped eating and struggling to drink. .

My son is in hiding in his bedroom hoping not to get it and now has to start his 10 day isolation again due to his mum testing positive. So 17 days for him stuck in a little bedroom. 

Sorry to be reading this mate, 

Is your son of teenage years or older where he could possibly create a wooden winch to extend outside of his window with a bucket on the end to receive food from outside without passing through the house, wouldn't attach to the house or anything just a free standing 90 degree frame with a base piece to stand on for balancing weight, 

All you need would be a hand saw, some wood screws, clothes line rope, a wheel pulley or two for extra strength and a light as possible plastic bucket, 

Can slide it outside the bedroom window assuming there's a descent enough opening, and receive supplies. 

Pass him in a few 2" square planks and a saw to create a ninty degree bracket with a supported arm, screw in a pulley on the end, pass rope through and a bucket tape saw, screws and screwdriver on to the length of wood for transportation up as part of the wooden length  👍

Also if he's got a games console he could purchase games online to pass the time. 

1 hour ago, BigLen said:

Sorry to be reading this mate, 

Is your son of teenage years or older where he could possibly create a wooden winch to extend outside of his window with a bucket on the end to receive food from outside without passing through the house, wouldn't attach to the house or anything just a free standing 90 degree frame with a base piece to stand on for balancing weight, 

All you need would be a hand saw, some wood screws, clothes line rope, a wheel pulley or two for extra strength and a light as possible plastic bucket, 

Can slide it outside the bedroom window assuming there's a descent enough opening, and receive supplies. 

Pass him in a few 2" square planks and a saw to create a ninty degree bracket with a supported arm, screw in a pulley on the end, pass rope through and a bucket tape saw, screws and screwdriver on to the length of wood for transportation up as part of the wooden length  👍

Also if he's got a games console he could purchase games online to pass the time. 

Think he will stick to online gaming, but he said he had made weights out of curtain pole, two barrels of water, bolted on the ends and a few big washing powder bottles filled with water. Home gym on the cheap!! 😂😂😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Think he will stick to online gaming, but he said he had made weights out of curtain pole, two barrels of water, bolted on the ends and a few big washing powder bottles filled with water. Home gym on the cheap!! 😂😂😂

Be like Charlie Bronson by the end of lockdown 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, iantt said:

I wish her all the best and in my prayers 🙏. Do you know how long it's been since she first got symptoms?

When I had it it did get a bit worse where I just didn't feel like eating like her but weirdly this was after a week when I started getting unwell. Took me just over 2 weeks to get better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I wish her all the best and in my prayers 🙏. Do you know how long it's been since she first got symptoms?

When I had it it did get a bit worse where I just didn't feel like eating like her but weirdly this was after a week when I started getting unwell. Took me just over 2 weeks to get better.

She complained of bad headaches when she visited un announced 9 days ago. Really took hold about 6 days ago and stopped eating 2 days ago. She said her mum now getting worse too . 

I've dropped off an oximeter for them to keep a check on there levels and so far they ok. 

• Like 2

Generally if there's a fever you can order the home test kits. When mum called them for the test kits it seems they only send it out if the person has a fever. 

Going through depressing times at the moment. Yesterday on Facebook a girl I knew from secondary school put up a post. From what I could tell a child passed away. She has 3 kids 2 being boys with one being a few months old. I'm starting to think her new born didn't make it 😢. I really feel bad for her. It honestly makes me wonder if I would want to get married. Already trying to recover from one heartbreak from one girl and that's bad enough

• Sad 2

@zain611 don't let it get to you. Perhaps take a short break from Facebook or whichever social media for a couple of days and focus on some of the more positive things you do.

Alternatively, you're welcome to have a pop at me, I've been said to take crap like nobody and not even flinch :laughing:. Let off some steam!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zico said:

@zain611 don't let it get to you. Perhaps take a short break from Facebook or whichever social media for a couple of days and focus on some of the more positive things you do.

Alternatively, you're welcome to have a pop at me, I've been said to take crap like nobody and not even flinch :laughing:. Let off some steam!!

Thanks zico nah I'm not the type to cuss anyone 😂. It's just sad though about her and to confirm it was her 2 months old son who passed away. Never want to imagine what that must feel like as a parent being heartbroken over your child.

Been nearly a year since I heard about the girl I liked getting married the year before 😂. I'm a lot better than when I was last year when I found out but it just keeps going through my head that she's gone now and had a kid with this guy (a distant family relative). I did find out she dropped out of university and is just a housewife with no job which puts me off her as I was planning on contacting her last year when we'd both finish university and start working though she didn't do that. Her husband came over from her country so god knows his education and career. Everything happens for a reason and I feel god showed me she didn't meet my expectations so should move on but it being 7 years since I liked her that's going to take some time to move on.

Thankfully I started a trainee sales negotiator job in an estate agents just 5 minutes away from me by foot. Currently rehearsing to the sales manager how to talk to clients and get their details put in the system. Hopefully after a month start actually working and earning money. This experience in sales and financial services will help me stand out and look desirable to trainee mortgage advisor roles but mainly need to at least pass the first exam for the mortgage advisor course.

• Like 1

Came across that stupid Porsche Cayenne driver today. Looks like he works in an MOT center. Makes sense why he drives like he doesn't enjoy life 😂🤣. Sorry @iantt, I'm sure you don't work in MOT centers

• Haha 1

I don't like that Chrome and Android Webview still won't update on my phone.

I've seen various solutions online about force stops, uninstalls and cache clearing but nothings worked.  I don't want to uninstall Chrome as I'll lose my saved passwords etc.

Any other suggestions?

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like that Chrome and Android Webview still won't update on my phone.

I've seen various solutions online about force stops, uninstalls and cache clearing but nothings worked.  I don't want to uninstall Chrome as I'll lose my saved passwords etc.

Any other suggestions?

You able to save your user details before clearing cache etc.? It's sometimes the need to do thing before an app 'unclogs' itself and starts to automatically update/work again. I don't personally use a password tool but something like LastPass (https://www.lastpass.com/) allows you to store your login details securely and then just use that to log into sites if you need to. Not sure how it works with Android but worth taking a look.

• Thanks 1

Well this is weird.  They hadn't updated for months.

Just had a dropdown notification to update them...thought I might as well click it...and they both just updated in about 30 seconds. :unsure:. I assume that all my messing earlier must have done something...but with several hours delay!

• Like 2

So got an interview tomorrow for a healthcare support worker job in my local hospital. Not really the job I want to get into as I do not know how I'll progress up in my career from there. Mainly applied as mum is still pushing me into the science field.

Thing is I'm currently training in a local estate agent from home plus doing the revision for the mortgage advisor qualification. Plan that I start working there in the estate agent, pass the first exam second time round then start visiting mortgage brokers to see if they could take me on as a trainee.

• Like 3