Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Just spent 15 minutes trying to use my Dell 'reward' on a laptop case before reading this.  Not much of a reward if you have to spend £100 to get it! :g::dry:

DellRewards.thumb.jpg.f1283b0e2edeffc49de2e635e2c691c8.jpg

(Also, as basket doesn't start with a vowel it should be 'a', not 'an'... :whistling: )

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just spent 15 minutes trying to use my Dell 'reward' on a laptop case before reading this.  Not much of a reward if you have to spend £100 to get it! :g::dry:

(Also, as basket doesn't start with a vowel it should be 'a', not 'an'... :whistling: )

So when you buy a Dell do you get a laptop or an album 😄

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

So got an interview tomorrow for a healthcare support worker job in my local hospital. Not really the job I want to get into as I do not know how I'll progress up in my career from there. Mainly applied as mum is still pushing me into the science field.

Thing is I'm currently training in a local estate agent from home plus doing the revision for the mortgage advisor qualification. Plan that I start working there in the estate agent, pass the first exam second time round then start visiting mortgage brokers to see if they could take me on as a trainee.

Can you not start up as an independent mortgage advisor/ broker ? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

I am surprised that clause was not written in the fine print.

It is in the small print but I didn't read it first.  It just didn't occur to me that a 'reward' would have a minimum spend, let alone one 6 times it's value.

Daft really, as they'll lose the sale now.  I don't need anything for £100 on there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

#Sour 

😅

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wino said:

Can you not start up as an independent mortgage advisor/ broker ? 

I think I could but generally it would be good if I started working as one, built up a client portfolio then create my own brokerage. At least then I've got clients rather than searching for them

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 10:29 AM, zain611 said:

So got an interview tomorrow for a healthcare support worker job in my local hospital. Not really the job I want to get into as I do not know how I'll progress up in my career from there. Mainly applied as mum is still pushing me into the science field.

Thing is I'm currently training in a local estate agent from home plus doing the revision for the mortgage advisor qualification. Plan that I start working there in the estate agent, pass the first exam second time round then start visiting mortgage brokers to see if they could take me on as a trainee.

How did the interview go mate, and how was it held online or in person? 

• Like 1

@BigLenforgot to post this earlier 😃 but from left to right.

'52 Chevy pickup Mattel 

'64 Riviera Hotwheels 

'67 Chevy Hotwheels

'57 Chevy Matchbox 

IMG_20210129_154137622.jpg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Turvey said:

@BigLenforgot to post this earlier 😃 but from left to right.

'52 Chevy pickup Mattel 

'64 Riviera Hotwheels 

'67 Chevy Hotwheels

'57 Chevy Matchbox

IMG_20210129_154137622.jpg

I like the '64 Riviera 👍

I've gotten our eldest daughter to label each shelf with her Dyno labeler, I've since arranged the cars in formation and need to get her to label under each vehicle to correspond,

Waiting for a few to arrive from Texas in the big US for tha Japanese side got some modified 70's models 

IMG-20210204-WA0002.thumb.jpg.2ae4b60783d35926b4a593830367d763.jpg

IMG-20210204-WA0003.thumb.jpg.3a2a41164f3e6602cccec81b381c6e6e.jpg

My favourite is this Siku Haribo Porsche 911 bought from Germany

IMG-20210204-WA0001.thumb.jpg.6817107744283c215ac87b7b09544161.jpg

Then our son can take them out in any form he wants, also thought my daughter how to create a data base on Microsoft Access, has each vehicle by name and stock location, we have to photograph each one now and add it to the details on Microsoft Access.

IMG-20210131-WA0010.thumb.jpg.9ebc5ed1b63b0b4fb1e815527f0a857c.jpg

Got these Premium Team Transport sets in the attic for him to sell or keep when he's older 

IMG-20210117-WA0015.thumb.jpg.967b51ace096f0dffd0f0eba48e32b4c.jpg

They release five or six different models each year, some go up in price alot after a year, all start at 20 pounds some great detail in them, I pre-booked the 2021 set which arrived last week straight from Mattel nice Advan skyline and truck combination, 

Here's a premium Japanese historics 70's skyline

IMG-20210203-WA0003.thumb.jpg.62a9adf5ab057b8a84b26fbbb58d41c1.jpg

IMG-20210203-WA0004.thumb.jpg.8e643ba03601f632d58262daac925bc4.jpg

IMG-20210203-WA0002.thumb.jpg.7224ece6e4da024001768fbb3d15e266.jpg

I also like the Falken mercedes, great quality and details proper rubber wheels on the premium models. 

c3adb97986b61af95859ce98ec485e76.jpeg.thumb.jpg.5cb6fb30c77106f2042c6d6a13c176df.jpg

IMG_20210207_140013.thumb.jpg.b9116f7e6af0903d228b63a23972fb17.jpg

• Like 3

Some collection you're getting there @BigLen😎 anything in particular you're wanting to add to it? I think there's a couple of tubs sitting at work full of them, which is where I got these. All been played with, no boxes I'm afraid. Not sure what's there, I just took out the American ones 😃

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Some collection you're getting there @BigLen😎 anything in particular you're wanting to add to it? I think there's a couple of tubs sitting at work full of them, which is where I got these. All been played with, no boxes I'm afraid. Not sure what's there, I just took out the American ones 😃

Thanks mate,

And thanks for offering but I've got almost everything required now, just waiting on pay day and a few deliveries to complete it,

Can't get a cheap 1/64 white Toyota chaser

I've been like a kid in a sweet shop since Christmas, sourcing vehicles of the same category to fit together, even got some Hotwheels Formula one vehicles from McDonald's happy meal back in 1999 picked them up brand new still in packaging from eBay UK, overall collection stands at near €900 now.

There's even various types of wheels and spoiler available in 1\64 scale on eBay

They all come together nicely in the room and offer plenty to look at.

On 2/6/2021 at 4:32 PM, BigLen said:

How did the interview go mate, and how was it held online or in person? 

@FiestaForever 

Interview went okay. Ive been volunteering in that hospital where that job post was for almost 5 years now. 

There were 140 people they called for the job on that day 😬. Because of that could tell the staff were pressured. The interview went quickly just about 3-4 minutes then after went with a guy I believe who is the coach for the job giving me a piece of paper listing skills and behaviours and telling me to tick one in competency for most of them. Not too keen on this role as I'm doing the other stuff in estate agents.

Continued with my estate agent training and now just been told to call a few people looking at buying properties to confirm a few details which were missed out by the sales negotiator.

Gotten nervous as I'd don't normally call people but I'm sure after my first call I'll be happy to call others 😂

• Like 2

I don't like my Aviva car insurance renewal quote coming through at £491. Paid £365 last year which is an increase of £126 but I've got a quote through Direct Line who've come up with £318 so a massive difference of £173!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zico said:

I don't like my Aviva car insurance renewal quote coming through at £491. Paid £365 last year which is an increase of £126 but I've got a quote through Direct Line who've come up with £318 so a massive difference of £173!!

Your Sooo money supermarket Zico 😅

• Haha 2

To be honest I was due a slap in the face at some time with Aviva as the last few years it's been creeping up but still cheaper than elsewhere. This time round Direct Line have taken things back down but the only thing is I need to call them later today as I had to use the nextdoor flat address as I couldn't enter mine on the quote. If I'm whining tomorrow then Direct Line will have clearly waved a red rag at the Money supermarket bull 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Zico said:

To be honest I was due a slap in the face at some time with Aviva as the last few years it's been creeping up but still cheaper than elsewhere. This time round DirectLine have taken things back down but the only thing is I need to call them later today as I had to use the nextdoor flat address as I couldn't enter mine on the quote. If I'm whining tomorrow then DirectLine will have clearly waved a red rag and the Money supermarket bull 🤣

Similar with my Home insurance, Aviva refused to drop price so walked over to Direct line who knocked off close to £100 for pretty much same cover, so then I insured my car too with Direct line, who again came out much cheaper.

All done. Spoke with Aviva earlier today and they wouldn't price match Direct Line and only knocked off ~£30 by dropping my mileage down to 5000 (which is all I will need now I live just around the corner from work).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zico said:

I got the impression that premiums would be lower this year as everyone's driving less, though someone can still steal/vandalise/torch your car of course, so you can't expect to pay nothing.

Bit disappointed then to find my renewal quote (Saga, 'cos I'm old😃) was up 28%. Quick phone call and it was down to less than last year. Revised offer way below anything else I've found, so stuck with them this time. 

• Like 1

I've just got my insurance down from 350 to 250 but following Martin Lewis tip of searching 21 days before the renewal.  Their weird logic is that if you wait til just before the renewal date you are obviously risky.

• Like 3

Ours went up last year from £268 to £281 but we only have 1 car between both of us. Hoping for a lower premium this year as has been mentioned previously with doing far less miles. 

We shall see when it's due 🙄

My renewal is exactly the same as last year plus I'm due a small refund because I did less miles since the lockdowns. That is with Direct Line.

I don't always shop around but I would have done this year if it had gone up because they must be paying out less in accident claims because of the lockdowns.

25 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I've just got my insurance down from 350 to 250 but following Martin Lewis tip of searching 21 days before the renewal.  Their weird logic is that if you wait til just before the renewal date you are obviously risky.

I've heard that too and always have a look in good time.

2 minutes ago, Wino said:

Ours went up last year from £268 to £281 but we only have 1 car between both of us. Hoping for a lower premium this year as has been mentioned previously with doing far less miles. 

We shall see when it's due 🙄

Yes, theoretically you would expect less miles = lower premium. However, another one I've been told is that if you set your target mileage too low, your premium may start going up again as they assume you're not doing enough to keep in practice. Never found out where the tipping point was, though.

42 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I've heard that too and always have a look in good time.

Yes, theoretically you would expect less miles = lower premium. However, another one I've been told is that if you set your target mileage too low, your premium may start going up again as they assume you're not doing enough to keep in practice. Never found out where the tipping point was, though.

I've heard the same Eric so I try to keep to roughly 12k a year on the policy but as things stand as they are with a change of work location I'll be lucky to do 7k a year and thats pushing it if we are allowed to travel to the coast for the weekend etc etc.

I've only declared 6k for the last few years, saved a few quid by dropping to 5k last year (though I'll barely scrape 4 by renewal next month!).  I'd also heard making it too low increases the price but haven't found that to be the case so far.

My renewal will be interesting this year...as the new car should arrive at roughly the same time as renewal I'm not sure whether to look around 21 days before using the Golf info, or whether to wait until closer the time and use the new car info... :g: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I've only declared 6k for the last few years, saved a few quid by dropping to 5k last year (though I'll barely scrape 4 by renewal next month!).  I'd also heard making it too low increases the price but haven't found that to be the case so far.

My renewal will be interesting this year...as the new car should arrive at roughly the same time as renewal I'm not sure whether to look around 21 days before using the Golf info, or whether to wait until closer the time and use the new car info... :g: 

All I can tell you Tom is that the Mk4 was cheaper than the Mk3 to insure by about £27 for the year. Shame it costs £110 more to tax 🙄

• Like 1