Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

When you get a knocking noise for a few days and cant find anything wrong.

Went up our local shop early morning 5min drive all fine, reverse back and heard a loud bang so went a small ride and when i went over bumps i could hear like something loose so checked all over and all fine even on the jack.

Used it going slow for 2 days then all of a sudden i heard like a few bangs under the car and like a foot long thing flew out so must of been stuck under the front somewhere but all fine now,went back to try and find it but no luck.

2 days driving me mad and thinking my car is falling apart LOL.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

When you get a knocking noise for a few days and cant find anything wrong.

Went up our local shop early morning 5min drive all fine, reverse back and heard a loud bang so went a small ride and when i went over bumps i could hear like something loose so checked all over and all fine even on the jack.

Used it going slow for 2 days then all of a sudden i heard like a few bangs under the car and like a foot long thing flew out so must of been stuck under the front somewhere but all fine now,went back to try and find it but no luck.

Been to Dover/ Calais recently? Perhaps what fallen should have been who fell out, and he/she ran off. 

He was knocking for help entangled in your suspension. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

On the plus side, at least you found the problem!  I've had this for months lol!  Was fully expecting the MOT to find a snapped spring or worn droplink or something back in December but passed no advisories...

For the first 5 minutes or so driving it sounds like the NSF wheels going to fall off if I roll over any rough ground, especially with the wheel turned...  Yet 5 minutes in it goes silent and don't hear it again until the next cold start!  Genuinely wondered if I'm imagining it! :laugh: 

Don't like it's the first time I've had to book a car in for mot at a garage I don't work at. My daughters fiesta due mot and some idiot at work dropped a transit van on the headlamp beam testing equipment. Both came out rather damaged.. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, mokes said:

Didnt you see it when you checked the car on the jack??? What was it?

This is what i didn't understand,i spent a good few hours with it on the jack and even taken the wheels off.

Got to be under the front somewhere or middle as it went under the car when it came out,i did think it was like a bracket what snapped and something loose but all fine now.

I have no USB port/SD card reader at my navi, my navi dont accept music via bluetooth, i cant swap my navi (blaupukt nx) with any other, there is only the West European countrys map, my power plug is in my arm rest compartment, and not anywhere near dashboard, the auxiliar plug is in glove box. 😢

1 hour ago, FiestaForever said:

God has a plan for everyone, even when it doesn't seem to be so easy to see, he will guide us to a better way.

7 plus billion plans.When does God ever sleep👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FiestaForever said:

Does God need to sleep? Isn’t sleep a very human thing?

Certainly an Ian thing now I'm getting older. Sleep more than ever. Quite happy to sleep during the day too. 

1 minute ago, FiestaForever said:

Does God need to sleep? Isn’t sleep a very human thing?

I’m just wondering how God communicates these plans to everyone👍

10 hours ago, williamweb said:

I’m just wondering how God communicates these plans to everyone👍

Through Alexa and Google 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

I think that there are signs,

That’s intriguing especially on a Sunday.But then I still don’t buy it.Each to their own What amazes me, is that all the different religions of the world; all man made and they all think they are right.👍

Please try and keep religion and politics out of conversations, people can have very different opinions and this is primarily a car forum. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mokes said:

If you have 'more than enough income' then why not buy your own place? No broken windows, heating that works, a cooker that works....all pretty standard.

It's not possible to get a mortgage with my circumstances unfortunately, renting is the only option I have currently.

I wouldn't say those things are standard though.  When I was at school my parents owned our house but we had single glazed rotting wooden windows with and aging night storage heaters that never worked properly.  We lived there over 13 years before Mum could afford to have uPVC double glazing put in...  Must admit, I've been surprised by just how many places still have single glazed wooden windows now...not talking about tiny studio flats either, suburban 2 bed terraces demanding £800pcm+!

On 2/16/2021 at 7:41 PM, TomsFocus said:

My electric bill's so expensive because everything's broken here. Inefficient electric heating that costs a huge amount to run but doesn't actually warm the rooms.  Overnight storage heater in the bathroom which is freezing by the evening and even on full whack only managed to get the bathroom to 16c max during the cold snap.  Windows and doors that might as well be left open for all the good closing them does. Broken cooker that seems to put more heat into the kitchen than the food so has to be on for longer than it should.  And I'm not allowed to change to a cheaper company either.

Seeing as this is the the don't like thread...  I don't like that I still can't find any understanding landlords after 6 months trying...  I've got more than enough income to afford a more suitable place now but they just don't want people like me in thier properties and keep coming up with more excuses and loopholes to keep us out.

It's so frustrating as being here is making my health worse...and the only hope I've been clinging on to is moving somewhere more suitable.  But it just doesn't seem likely at all now. :sad:

Those overnight storage heaters are expensive and rubbish.My advice is to turn them off.Keep one room warm that you use the most.There are some economical ceramic heaters that you can buy to heat one room up.Don’t laugh, buy a sleeping bag or blankets to keep you warm as well.Then like you said keep searching for a better place.Sounds like a nightmare.You have to think about all the positive things that are going on in your life otherwise you go crazy.👍

12 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Those overnight storage heaters are expensive and rubbish.My advice is to turn them off.Keep one room warm that you use the most.There are some economical ceramic heaters that you can buy to heat one room up.Don’t laugh, buy a sleeping bag or blankets to keep you warm as well.Then like you said keep searching for a better place.Sounds like a nightmare.You have to think about all the positive things that are going on in your life otherwise you go crazy.👍

Bathroom is 22c this morning now the weather has warmed up, was only 16c during the snow...what use is a heater that only works when it's already warm! :laugh:  Obviously no other choice in a bathroom though, can't really trail an extension lead through there.  Heated towel rail might have been a better idea but a fan heater with a pull cord to use as and when needed would have been the ideal choice originally I reckon.

I have a convector in the living room which I use in the evenings (storage heater hasn't work for over 12 months in there) but that's what rinses through electric.  Soon as it's turned off the room gets cold again as it only heats the air.

As sad as it sounds there really isn't much positive in my life at moment...music and FOC forum is about it lol!

17 minutes ago, mokes said:

I dont know what 'circumstances' you refer to of course, but if all these things dont work or are broken then at least you wouldnt be waiting for someone else to fix them if you had your own place is what I mean and is pretty standard.

If not, just rent somewhere better?

Yes, that's a fair point and I totally agree.  The cooker for instance - I could go on AO.com right now, order one to be delivered and connected within the next couple of days, and then that'd be sorted and I'd have total control of the warranty if any repairs were needed.  Last time I had a new cooker fitted through the agency they spent weeks messing me around, sending people in trying to repair it etc before finally fitting a new one - exactly the same model as the previous one (and the one before that!).  Of course, that one broke again quickly because it's just cheap, low quality rubbish.  I've tried explaining that I have to rely on it every day - can't eat out or get takeways or microwave meals so it gets much more use and will inevitably break much sooner than the same appliance in the other flats.

As I said in the earlier post, I've spent over 6 months trying to rent somewhere better but my circumstances mean I'm tarred with the same brush as those that wreck properties or fail to pay the rent.  (For reference, I've never missed a payment, been in debt or damaged anything).  Despite a change in discrimination law last year there are still so many ways around it for them, leaving few options for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mokes said:

As far as 'sounding sad' about your life...it could be worse, you could be dead.

That wouldn't be worse for me.  And it wouldn't be worse for all the people I burden either.  Or those of which I'm taking funds and resources with no future prospects...  I won't take that particular topic any further on a public forum though. :smile: 

21 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

I positively do not like the people going around stealing our wheelie bins, this is the second one that has gone missing in a year. It might not be so bad except the council expect you to pay for the wheelie bins.😬

Bin wars😜All my neighbours fiercely guard theirs with house numbers proudly stuck on the top and sides.I refuse to do this ,it’s a bin, I don’t own it👍

• Like 1

If my wheelie bin ever got stolen, I'd move area... must be the ghetto₩!!!₩

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

Wow, what a day we have had here. We discovered we had our bin nicked and now at 3:30 am I have found someone has gained access to my credit card details. 3 transactions have already gone through, including two transactions through paypal, and a netflix subscription. A £65 transaction for next was blocked.

Unscrupulous individuals will get what is, over duly, coming to them. I mean how can they think they can get away with things when it can so easily be tracked. Talk about dumb criminals, I hope they enjoy their time in prison, because that is where they will be going for quite some time.

Hopefully the bank will give you back the money. My grandad some time back was at a ATM machine and I think he had trouble with it not taking his card out. This couple came up to him saying he needs to put his date of birth in which didn't work so he went into the bank just next door then realised after he got out the card was gone. Very likely the couple took it. Had £1000 taken out his account but luckily the bank gave that back to him. Sadly there's lowlifes out there. 

Funnily you mentioned about the Wheely bin. My grandparents had a recycling bin left outside their house. Realised their recycling bin was already there so just left it on the side. Yesterday the bin was still there so it's owner hasn't got it back yet

13 hours ago, mokes said:

I pay for mine, I own it....and it has my house number on it.

Hard luck👍

13 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

Lol it doesn’t need to be a ghetto to have things stolen, LOL😆 I like a good laugh in the morning.

I can leave my car keys in the ignition with the car door wide open around here and it wouldn't get a second look. In fact, a neighbour would remove the keys... lock it up and post them through my letterbox. 

Is ghetto if bin stolen 😛🥰🤣😅🤣🤣🤪😘

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, m50e30 said:

I can leave my car keys in the ignition with the car door wide open around here and it wouldn't get a second look. In fact, a neighbour would remove the keys... lock it up and post them through my letterbox. 

Is ghetto if bin stolen 😛🥰🤣😅🤣🤣🤪😘

Brings back a scenario of a few yrs back when I was on my way to work ( works truck) and my Mrs text me ....Where are the car keys .... to cut a long story short....she had left them in the ignition of the car from 4pm to 8am on the driveway in full view of anyone waiting for the bus bearing in mind we lived on a main road and the bus stop was on a major route and often had people stood on the driveway next to the car and also was part of the school bus/ coach route. We still joke about now when someone doesnt put the keys back when she gets home 🙄

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

Wow, what a day we have had here. We discovered we had our bin nicked and now at 3:30 am I have found someone has gained access to my credit card details. 3 transactions have already gone through, including two transactions through paypal, and a netflix subscription. A £65 transaction for next was blocked.

Unscrupulous individuals will get what is, over duly, coming to them. I mean how can they think they can get away with things when it can so easily be tracked. Talk about dumb criminals, I hope they enjoy their time in prison, because that is where they will be going for quite some time.

If you haven't already, change your password/s if you're using similar/same across any accounts. I was also going to say that if your bin was stolen, pending what you do with your recycling of paper doc's, may have contained enough details for fraudsters to make up accounts on your behalf. Plenty of people simply put financial or sensitive paper work in the bin without any attempt to destroy it and so bins can be a treasure trove of data for the intelligent scum out there.

Might also be worth checking out https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ just in case whomever has your card details attempts anything else with your data.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club