Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Did another set of headlights this time on my grandads Corsa headlights

Here's a old photo my dad took before he did his attempt. The clear coat he put on a few years back was pulling away so I went and improved it.2017819995_Screenshot_20210303-2212382.thumb.png.d9845140d1e6aa360ca75e46ade8be03.png

Left is wet sanded and compounded and right was wet sanded

484820065_Screenshot_20210303-2139302.thumb.png.bdc79b1d20d94d3f1629c81e36509daa.png

Put PPF on them which I had spare from when I did my headlights1447210175_Screenshot_20210303-2140082.thumb.png.80341ba7b7e73aceba0531795c96666f.png

Finish results423790927_Screenshot_20210303-2140482.thumb.png.99f5d3532cebbd26c2ed7ab66796f351.png792675037_Screenshot_20210303-2141192.thumb.png.1346a0d93f9aae2e823a999d0756ddb2.png

There's some water bubbles on the left headlight but hopefully will disappear and evaporate

• Like 5

On 3/1/2021 at 7:32 PM, TimST2 said:

I'm looking at the K4 too. My previous one was a K3.99...

On 2/28/2021 at 5:26 PM, FatHead1979 said:

I also replaced my dead K2 with a K4 last year, it's a big upgrade in performance and unlike the K2, the K4 motor is watercooled so much less likely to 'burn out' like the K2.

Wasn't a K4 but a K3. Can't wait to use it.

Screenshot_20210304-111208.png

@FiestaForever thanks man, he hasn't seen it yet. The car was in the garage as my dad was changing the head gasket. Only has 60k miles and the headgasket went. That's sorted along with the headlights and will fit them on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@FiestaForever thanks man, he hasn't seen it yet. The car was in the garage as my dad was changing the head gasket. Only has 60k miles and the headgasket went. That's sorted along with the headlights and will fit them on.

The K3 is still a nice upgrade over the K2, mainly because it also has a water cooled induction motor like the K4.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FatHead1979 said:

The K3 is still a nice upgrade over the K2, mainly because it also has a water cooled induction motor like the K4.

Used my K3.55 from Ideal World on the drive today.Probably about ten years old.Very satisfying blasting away the green algae and grime👍

• Like 2

Trip to motor factors after getting my car mot done today,daughters car mot done yesterday, and step daughters couple of weeks ago. Discs and pads on all, tyres on 2 cars and bottom balljoint on 1

With a little trip to get drill, elec saw, slabs cement, sand etc for garden project , this afternoon has been an expensive afternoon off work!!!! Should have stayed at work and ignored the pending work on the cars .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

I don't really like doing an st 150 front brake conversion on my non st, and finding that the repaired caliper pistons on the left side decided to stick, and get seized,  stopping the wheel from turning at all. 😲

Hope that gets all sorted 👍. When I bought the rear beam the rubber on the piston on one caliper was inside out but luckily fixed it however when I was removing the hub I had one bolt snap off 🤦

9 hours ago, FatHead1979 said:

I'm not familiar with the K2, but I know that my Auto Finesse snow foam lance says it's compatible with all Karcher units except the K2, so I guess maybe it's a bit underpowered? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

Nice. My K4 turned up today in a box just like that (except with K4 written on it obvs.).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I'm not familiar with the K2, but I know that my Auto Finesse snow foam lance says it's compatible with all Karcher units except the K2, so I guess maybe it's a bit underpowered? 

Performance wise I didn't find it to be too bad BUT it's motor is air cooled so if it's used on max power for long periods, the motor tends to get too hot and gives up the ghost.

All the other models upwards of it in the range i.e. K3+ are all water cooled induction motors so should be a lot more durable as well as offering more power (and let's face it, who doesn't like more POWER!)

:blowup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Trip to motor factors after getting my car mot done today,daughters car mot done yesterday, and step daughters couple of weeks ago. Discs and pads on all, tyres on 2 cars and bottom balljoint on 1

With a little trip to get drill, elec saw, slabs cement, sand etc for garden project , this afternoon has been an expensive afternoon off work!!!! Should have stayed at work and ignored the pending work on the cars .

IMG_20210304_221217.thumb.jpg.85c0abf538829dc3bd5de9511d8b4645.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BigLen said:

IMG_20210304_221217.thumb.jpg.85c0abf538829dc3bd5de9511d8b4645.jpg

Unfortunately most of my jobs I keep putting off are the ones that take a lot longer than 15 mins. Booked today off work to do some jobs and intention was get up by 8am and get started. Was up by 8 am but still on my tablet browsing at gone 10am. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, FatHead1979 said:

All the other models upwards of it in the range i.e. K3+ are all water cooled induction motors so should be a lot more durable as well as offering more power (and let's face it, who doesn't like more POWER!)

With Ford paint?  You're brave... :wink: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

With Ford paint?  You're brave... :wink: 

Thankfully is comes with the variable output lance so I can dial it down to minimum for 'delicate' surfaces such as Ford's super soft paint!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FatHead1979 said:

Thankfully is comes with the variable output lance so I can dial it down to minimum for 'delicate' surfaces such as Ford's super soft paint

I was moaning to our body shop about the paint on the front of my Mondeo with lots of chips on and how soft the paint is. 

But our body shop painter  says the ford paint is to hard, that's why it comes off in big chips . Softer paint chips are smaller.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FiestaForever said:

Well not to question a professional or anything, but I would have thought that harder paint would be less susceptible to be chipped.

Yeah, that's what I initially  thought too. But was put right by the expert . He is painting exclusively fords all day long I'm  taking his word for it.

Don't like I took half day holiday so I could be in this afternoon for an electrician to call in and give me a quote for a job that needs doing. He didn't turn up. I rang his mobile 4 times during the afternoon and didn't answer. 

Still not heard from him. 

This has been ongoing since 8th feb, and not turned up twice before already( once he said he turned up but got no answer from front door knocking , I was waiting for him that time for 3 hrs and finished work early especially  to be in . ) Then another no show this week on Monday teatime.. 

Everyone I talk to have issues with electricians, heating engineers etc. 

I had the same no shows when I wanted a plumber for  bathroom/ unsuite  refit 2 years ago. Ended up doing it my self. 

• Sad 1

I don't like that my greyhound ripped her dew claw this morning, after it got snagged by her collar ID tag, whilst she was trying to scratch her ear. 😬 Rural West Dorset vets fees are seemingly almost double suburban East Dorset vets too!

• Sad 3

I don't like that whatever the poor dog ate yesterday had tuned him in to a wood chip shredder this morning, 😲

Thankfully he's ok this evening, had his dinner around an hour ago and he's having a snooze. 

• Like 2

I don't like that it's raining and I had planned on washing / cleaning  the car today :sad: should of done it yesterday when it was dry but roped into chauffeuring duties for most of the day 🙄

Constantly pressing buttons on stereo because I hate almost all modern music 

finding new dents that magically appear on my car , usually after a supermarket 

the feeling of doom after announcing to somebody that the car has never ran so good 

• Like 1

I don't like that my mum is in hospital again. 
She's been struggling to breathe for a few weeks (she has COPD and had Covid-19 around this time last year). 
The doctors found she has fluid on her heart. 
She had some blood tests done and early this morning, the doctors went to her flat as they were concerned by the results. 
She was taken to hospital by ambulance and had undergone 3 transfusions due to really low haemoglobin and iron. 

Hopefully she'll bounce back but it's very worrying. 

• Sad 3

I bought our son a brand new Nintendo Switch around Christmas, I spent around €500 in the end by the time I had a screen protector, protective case, four games and a 256Gb memory card.

All was great, until the beginning of February when I returned from work to see the dreaded blue screen, which seemingly is the sign of an internal issue where the processor has become separated from the mother board. 😮

It was a difficult time with lockdown restrictions here in Ireland too; my local computer repair place wasn't in operation so the poor chap was very disappointed and tried a number of times to get it working himself by pressing buttons as instructed on YouTube; he's only six years old. 

Today I took it to my local computer repair place; the two guys in there are really helpful and fitted screen protector's to a number of devices for me in the past without changing because I had bought the protector's on amazon or at least not from them; but I required a professional to fit. 

Anyway; I went in to the shop this morning hopeful that this was the beginning of recovery however the future for the Nintendo switch seems set to continue to be a blue one.

I said " hello, I have a Nintendo switch with the blue screen" 

He says "ah no, not the blue screen, that's the worst situation that you could experience, it's a ram issue and most likely can't be repaired in this country it's "swear worded" 

Initially I thought he was pulling my leg, but I soon felt the pitfalls of reality as he was handing it back to me 😧

I then asked again if they wouldn't mind could the atleast have a look as my son is only six and is missing it alot, so they agreed to open it for investigation but no promises of a resolution. 

Thought id share to let others know; Nintendo of today which are aimed towards the lowest generation of audience are not built like they used to be back in the years of the Gameboy and even the 3DS.

The switch is a very delicate machine, I think he would be much better with an Xbox in the future, 

• Like 1

On that have to say the Xbox 1 Is a tough machine , doesn’t seeM to go wrong 👍

• Thanks 1

@BigLen if the Switch is less than a year old why not go back to the retailer and get it replaced? I wouldn't try and get it repaired when it's inside of warranty. Of course pending the retailer, you might have to push to get them to replace it (or repair it themselves) but I would try them if you haven't already.

• Like 1

I don't like coming across an old car of ours today! 

You may laugh, but we have 4 kids spanning 6 or so years so our choices were limited, and they were aged from about 6 upwards at the time. Apart from being a bit cumbersome it was a comfy old thing to drive, absolutely solid.

Strange thing is that the MOT ran out a few years ago but it's still taxed! 🤔🤷

IMG_20210318_093334314.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club