Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

8 minutes ago, Turvey said:

@zain611reminds me of a time at work. I had a dinner break at our waste transfer station. After dinner drove onto the weighbridge, got ticket etc and drove off. It was a very windy day and when I started off down the road I could hear a kinda rumbling sound. Didn't pay too much attention to it, just thought it was the wind, until I passed a work colleague going the other way! He gave me a shout on the 2 way radio that apparently I had a traffic cone stuck under the front of the truck! 

Sometimes at lunch the operatives would place a cone in front of the weighbridge barrier to stop folk coming in when they were closed and I forgot it was there! 🙄 Managed a mile before I stopped! 😃

Haha. Used to place things under the works vehicles all the time for a bit of fun 😀

• Like 1

Don't like the heat and humidity today... Might have to invest in a portable AC unit if this year is as hot as last!  Any recommendations?  

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

@zain611reminds me of a time at work. I had a dinner break at our waste transfer station

I spend a lot of time at the waste transfer station after dinner myself...  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't like the heat and humidity today... Might have to invest in a portable AC unit if this year is as hot as last!  Any recommendations?  

Got a Pifco one (P41008MOB) from amazon which does a good job in the home office. The Argos ones are apparently not bad either. Just be prepared for lots of noise and make sure you have a venting solution. I used some thick polythene placed over the open window with a hole cut out for the venting tube. 

• Thanks 1

My bigger brake calipers are coming on along nicely. Now can see when I can fit them on after the paint has cured properly

Screenshot_20210420-210538~2.png

Accidentally put this in the wrong topic 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, erictcleric said:

Got a Pifco one (P41008MOB) from Amazon which does a good job in the home office. The Argos ones are apparently not bad either. Just be prepared for lots of noise and make sure you have a venting solution. I used some thick polythene placed over the open window with a hole cut out for the venting tube. 

Thanks Eric.  I didn't think about venting, assumed they worked like a condenser tumble drier with a bottle to empty?  Do they all require a vent?  I'm also not a fan of noise...  But I'm even less a fan of heat & humidity!

Yes, they all require a vent to the outside. The hot air is pushed out through that. Pro-tip: don't accidentally pull the vent hose out of the window so it's venting back into the room, as that makes a very effective heater... 

There is also a water tank, and that's where the humidity goes. I've not had to empty mine yet since I got it last year. 

Noise wise - I had to turn mine off for conference calls. An air conditioner is loud! But definitely preferable to sitting in a sweltering office with multiple computers pumping out heat. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, erictcleric said:

Yes, they all require a vent to the outside. The hot air is pushed out through that. Pro-tip: don't accidentally pull the vent hose out of the window so it's venting back into the room, as that makes a very effective heater... 

There is also a water tank, and that's where the humidity goes. I've not had to empty mine yet since I got it last year. 

Noise wise - I had to turn mine off for conference calls. An air conditioner is loud! But definitely preferable to sitting in a sweltering office with multiple computers pumping out heat. 

Hmm, ok thanks.  Will need to rethink placement now as I wasn't intending to place it near the window.  It was going to be near a set of French doors but I'm not sure I want the door open for hours at a time.  Hopefully I can find a slim one that'll squeeze in near the only window in the room!

Plus with the French doors open you'll be letting more heat back in. It'd be like having the air con on in the car, then opening all the windows. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, erictcleric said:

Plus with the French doors open you'll be letting more heat back in. It'd be like having the air con on in the car, then opening all the windows. 

Wait, that's not the way to do it? 😮 

You can get a 'skirt' to cover the gap around a door or window.  But I reckon it'd just get ripped off with the first gust of wind around a door.

71fTSMBluSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Wait, that's not the way to do it? 😮 

You can get a 'skirt' to cover the gap around a door or window.  But I reckon it'd just get ripped off with the first gust of wind around a door.

71fTSMBluSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Those two baby elephants must be really small or they are good at hide n seek ..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm fortunate that my front door has a cat flap from the previous owner in it, perfect for the AC exhaust.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I'm fortunate that my front door has a cat flap from the previous owner in it, perfect for the AC exhaust.

Which AC unit do you have?  

58 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Isn’t that a bit weird maybe it’s time to call the fire brigade 👍

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, williamweb said:

Isn’t that a bit weird maybe it’s time to call the fire brigade 👍

Must be me, the way I read it👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Must be me, the way I read it👍

A cat flap with the previous owner in it? :laugh:

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Which AC unit do you have?  

It's an Ecoair. Still loud, but better than the alternative. I have a top floor flat half in the roof, it gets toasty!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

A cat flap with the previous owner in it? :laugh:

It's an Ecoair. Still loud, but better than the alternative. I have a top floor flat half in the roof, it gets toasty!

Do you know how many BTU it is?

Seen a post on HUKD saying not to bother with anything less than 12,000.  I've got a studio flat so the main room is pretty big.

When my locking nuts are going all rusty and can't fine some good covers to go over them, Genuine ford locking nuts.

On 4/21/2021 at 6:01 PM, TomsFocus said:

Do you know how many BTU it is?

Seen a post on HUKD saying not to bother with anything less than 12,000.  I've got a studio flat so the main room is pretty big.

perhaps put a gazebo inside like a forensic tent but much cooler 

• Like 1

i dont like paying 80 euro delivery on three door frames, doors, handles hinges, twelve 3.5m lenghts of skirting and ten boxes of flooring only to realise when it all arrived that i had completly forgotten to order the flooring for the living room as part of that order lmao 

so ive had to pay another delivery fee of 80 euro again to have another fourteen boxes of flooring delivered lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Booked a nice long weekend to jersey in June flying in with blue Island airways. Now had an email with flight date and time change!!! Right pain in the *****. Now got to see if I can have extra day off work, my partner got to if she can have extra day off. Then try get extra day tagged on to hotel, airport car park etc. I informed my sister and brother in law I had email as they was going too but for a week and there dates have changed too. There now changing departure airports to keep same dates! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iantt said:

Booked a nice long weekend to jersey in June flying in with blue Island airways. Now had an email with flight date and time change!!! Right pain in the *****. Now got to see if I can have extra day off work, my partner got to if she can have extra day off. Then try get extra day tagged on to hotel, airport car park etc. I informed my sister and brother in law I had email as they was going too but for a week and there dates have changed too. There now changing departure airports to keep same dates! 

I was always under the illusion that making money was the difficult part in life; and when you have money anything else just falls in to place,

How wrong can one be: I have similar issues with obtaining the correct size door for our kitchen, I ordered the correct size but they sent out one that is 4" wider, 

Some may say trim both sides; but it's a large glass centre with oak frame, the correct size door has a proportional frame to take a 2.5" latch and handles, so trimming the frame of a bigger than required sized door would see the handle protrude in to the shadow of the frosted glass;

Would remind people of the shower scene in the movie "the crying game" where you would see the silhouette of the (knob) door handle 🤭 in the frosted glass door. Where there isn't supposed to be one.

The crafty hoars have a website but you can't order through it; they need to be phoned to make a purchase; so I've no proof of order history to say that the wrong size was sent; my only proof is that the price which I paid by card was for the smaller size than the one received

I'm now waiting for them to send out the correct size door and take the existing one back, 

Then I can get in touch with the carpenter and arrange fitting.

Money solves nothing these days.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Ne'er a truer word spoken!

It's not even more comfortable to cry in a Vignale than a Match...  :rolleyes1:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigLen said:

Lol, From what I remember of industrial psychology, money won't necessarily motivate you, but not getting enough (money!😀) is demotivating. 

Or as my Gran used to put it.......Money doesn't make you happy but it does make misery easier to bear!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Ne'er a truer word spoken!

It's not even more comfortable to cry in a Vignale than a Match...  :rolleyes1:

Lucky you managed to get your  vignale to cry in . Talk of car and van  supply shortage continuing is now confirmed at work. May have a quiet summer doing not alot. 

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club