Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

26 minutes ago, Wino said:

Lol

It seems the property market atm is going nuts.

Seems to be going nuts everywhere! Properties up here reportable selling for way over asking price on virtual tours alone! 

Heading for another property crash? Can't maintain this growth for long surely? 🤔

Possibly but it's anyones guess as to when. 

I thought pri es would of started to drop around Oct/ Nov when perhaps the financial restraints of Covid start kicking in which would put prices back to pre Covid levels.

eBay

Gone from bad to worse.

1)Sold an item

2) Buyer didn't answer any messages I left trying to organise collection date  for them to come round.

3) I cancelled order and relisted

4) Buyer leaves negative feedback

5) Did you know sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers??

6) eBay refused to delete the Neg feedback buyer left for me.

END RESULT eBay just lost a member (Me) with 100% top 19 year  track record.

Bye bye Fleabay.

22 hours ago, Wino said:

Lol

It seems the property market atm is going nuts.

We had 9 viewings ( VIP) that are all ready to move in other words first time buyers with mortgages in place and ready to go.

Out of those 9 viewings we had four offers from the asking price to 15k above ........

Yeah sadly been hearing about property prices going up. Due to the stamp duty relieve and 95 percent mortgage more and more people at getting in it but makes it harder for people especially those who don't have 10s of thousands of pounds.

Does anyone know about landline phone lines?  Does the 'outgoing' sound travel down a different line to the 'incoming' sound?

I have a severe hatred for telephones, but am expected to keep one for 2 elderly relatives that refused to move with technology 20 years ago...  :rolleyes:  I can't speak very loudly, and have some intermittent hearing issues, so it's far from ideal my end!  Every conversation starts with them saying 'I can't hear you' (in a surprised manner... :confused: ).  I recently bought a new house phone in the hope that they could hear me better...but if anything it's worse apparently!  Now, I'm well aware it might just be me...but also wondered if it could be a problem with the line?  I can hear them so assumed the line must be ok but maybe that's not the case?

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Does anyone know about landline phone lines?  Does the 'outgoing' sound travel down a different line to the 'incoming' sound?

Short answer: no. Could be the phone on their end though, or just an old / badly wired socket. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, erictcleric said:

Short answer: no. Could be the phone on their end though, or just an old / badly wired socket. 

They both reckon they can hear other people fine and insist that it must be something my end.  But it wouldn't surprise me if they say the same to everyone else! :laugh: 

The socket here is probably just under 20 years old if original.  It's a separate phone and internet socket, no extra splitter needed.

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

They both reckon they can hear other people fine and insist that it must be something my end.  But it wouldn't surprise me if they say the same to everyone else! :laugh: 

The socket here is probably just under 20 years old if original.  It's a separate phone and internet socket, no extra splitter needed.

Do they contribute much effort to the rest of the phonecall following on from the initial discussion regarding sound? 

Reason I ask is that I had similar issues with my mother; bought her a new set of BT elderly friendly phones with one touch loud speaker and big screen, 

Put all our numbers in to them, 

Still when I phone; or should say when I used to phone; the conversation wasn't much from her side; "would have to go feed the stray cats poor things look hungry" or "ow there's big dark clouds coming I must get clothes from the line" or even just sets the phone down and walks around the kitchen talking as though she is still on it to the point where I've stopped bothering to call, 

Took me a while as well who ever expect's there mother not to care or be interested in anything about you or your family when you live 3 hours drive away and they live alone.

Anyway; just saying, evaluate all aspects 

23 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Took me a while as well who ever expect's there mother not to care or be interested in anything about you or your family when you live 3 hours drive away and they live alone.

Not spoken or seen mine for 14 yrs. 

Handset quality and cable quality are the biggest factors. If the cable quality (inside or outside the house) is sub-par on one end but good on the other then it might be fine. If it's poor on both ends then it will be a poor connection. 

Problem is that there are many factors which can impact the line quality. My parents used to have many issues with their phone line - turned out to be their connector box on the phone pole 500m down the road. When it rained water got into the box and caused issues, but that would go away when the box dried out. 

A line quality test should indicate if there's a problem, but it's very difficult to convince Openreach to do a full test. Usually they just do basic tests to verify the connection exists. 

Perhaps the solution is to buy a small computer, install Skype, then attach some kind of keypad and headset setup that mimics the appearance of a normal phone 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BigLen said:

I'm basically your Mum in that story I'm afraid... 

I'm not one for small talk and don't have anything positive to say so I don't really understand why anyone would want to call me.  When they do, I try my best to make some sort of response but they have to do the heavy work!

I'm just not a social person...  I know some (most!?) won't understand that. :smile:

• Like 2

I don't like the Ford Forum ad seemingly stuck between 2 topics/threads! It's doing my OCD head in! 😀

Screenshot_20210610-184327.png

Think of it as a delicious forum sandwich. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm basically your Mum in that story I'm afraid... 

I'm not one for small talk and don't have anything positive to say so I don't really understand why anyone would want to call me.  When they do, I try my best to make some sort of response but they have to do the heavy work!

I'm just not a social person...  I know some (most!?) won't understand that. :smile:

I can fully appreciate where you're coming from Tom, not on your own there pal, it seems the older I get the more I lose my sociable status, blimey when I think back to my earlier days, totally different now 🙂

On 6/9/2021 at 8:10 PM, Chainsawcharlie said:

EBAY

Gone from bad to worse.

1)Sold an item

2) Buyer didn't answer any messages I left trying to organise collection date  for them to come round.

3) I cancelled order and relisted

4) Buyer leaves negative feedback

5) Did you know sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers??

6) Ebay refused to delete the Neg feedback buyer left for me.

END RESULT Ebay just lost a member (Me) with 100% top 19 year  track record.

Bye bye Fleabay.

I gave up on eBay about 6 months ago.Too many clowns messing me about.Maybe I was unfortunate in my last 4 transactions but me being honest, polite and straightforward was clearly not enough for some buyers.I decided money is less important than being stress free👍

• Like 2

9 hours ago, williamweb said:

I gave up on Ebay about 6 months ago.Too many clowns messing me about.Maybe I was unfortunate in my last 4 transactions but me being honest, polite and straightforward was clearly not enough for some buyers.I decided money is less important than being stress free👍

I have had a lot of problems with eBay on orders, so i do my own check before i consider buying.

Read their feedback even if 100% and i always sent at least 2 messages on the item to see reply and how fast.

Normally works as there are a lot of clowns on there and i have had my share of them.

• Like 1

The trouble with eBay is that you're often reliant on the general public.  If the last few years have taught us anything, it's that they generally can't be trusted! :rolleyes: 

If you need something correct & quickly, buying the item 'sold & fulfilled by Amazon' is the safest way to go sadly.

eBay feedback scores are pointless as above, you can't often neg people (both buyers and sellers in my recent experience!) so it can easily appear that they're a decent seller when they aren't.  In the end, eBay just refunds you and ignores anything else...  So sellers end up with several 'positive' feedback scores with just a tagline suggesting how ***** they are.  I even pointed this out in a recent ebay dispute after an item was never dispatched...and then I saw several 'positive' reviews saying the same thing when I checked.  I was just refunded, got a generic apology email, and the seller is still advertising the item they don't have now! 🤦‍♂️ 

Also got messed around selling two large items for collection...which I ended up donating to charity in the end.  And of course, trying to sell the Focus online was a laugh, people genuinely expecting to buy a £25k car for less than half of that.

I've recently started using smaller shops and websites instead of ebay where possible - so far it's been a fairly positive experience. :smile: 

• Like 3

Further to my last post... :whistling:

I don't like my 'fake' senses tingling...  I don't suppose anyone has the packaging for a genuine Samsung wireless charging pad that I could compare against?

• Like 1

Further to that post...  Turns out my new phone doesn't support wireless charging anyway. :sad: 

I'd read that it needed an additional adapter...and thought it meant a different cable.  Not a tinfoil nicotine patch stuck to the back of the phone! :ermm:

I don't like that my neighbour has just got a 66 plate BMW 1 series M series diesel. 
It's costing him less on finance than a brand new fiesta would and his insurance is less than mine, with him having less years no claims and less years of driving experience than me. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like that my neighbour has just got a 66 plate BMW 1 series M series diesel. 
It's costing him less on finance than a brand new fiesta would and his insurance is less than mine, with him having less years no claims and less years of driving experience than me. 

You never know if it's legit. Some young people find ways to get dodgy insurance 😂

3 minutes ago, zain611 said:

You never know if it's legit. Some young people find ways to get dodgy insurance 😂

He's actually older than me by a couple of years. He's definitely not a dodgy bloke at all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

i do not like being cheated twice...

• Sad 1

Having to faff about re setting the drivers window this morning. Worked fine yesterday until the Mrs had it for the day 🙄