Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

4 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Thats what I do too mate, wife goes mad when we park right over the other side of the carpark 馃檪 and have you ever noticed, some plank will come and park right next to you when there are dozens of other spaces...and some even park too close to you

Same here. Thats why I now stay with the car and Hoover it out and clean the interior whilst the OH does the shopping.

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Sounds like you just need one with powerfold mirrors... :biggrin:

I realised that when i wrote it.But I already manually fold the MK1鈥檚 driver side now, has I鈥檓 going down the drive to avoid the drainpipe馃憤

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wino said:

Not me ! Thankfully today is my last shift but the amount if people that have taken the day off is ridiculous. Car park is almost only a quarter full and as you'd expect there's now a shortage of staff in key areas already today and speaking to a few others they are leaving at 5PM.

I agree, businesses are whinging daily about covid and not having staff and the impact on business聽 workers been on furlough for over 1 year, we have a game of football, and now want another day off!

Added to this, call me old fashioned but allowing kids to either have the morning off or a couple of hours off on Monday is surely no way to educate kids on priorities or making sacrifices, end result, they grow up thinking its acceptable to take time off for non urgent situations

29 minutes ago, Wino said:

Same here. Thats why I now stay with the car and Hoover it out and clean the interior whilst the OH does the shopping.

Haha you may get confused for one of those Polish car valeters you see in supermarket carparks聽 would be funny if you had a load of cars pull up next to you聽 driver approaches "just give it a quick clean n vac mate" 馃檪 馃檪

Don鈥檛 like knowing if the Ford Focus MK1 is smaller than the Fiesta MK8 with mirrors 聽extended.Anyone聽know?馃

50 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Don鈥檛 like knowing if the Ford Focus MK1 is smaller than the Fiesta MK8 with mirrors 聽extended.Anyone聽know?馃

Looks like the Mk8 is just slimmer by about 50mm (2").聽

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Sounds like you just need one with powerfold mirrors... :biggrin:

Ah, but when you've folded the mirrors how do you see to reverse in or out of the drive - the Fiesta rear screen聽 is pretty useless especially with privacy glass in poor light. Oh, yes, spend 拢hundreds extra on the driver assistance package to get the rear camera, of course!馃榾

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Ah, but when you've folded the mirrors how do you see to reverse in or out of the drive - the Fiesta rear screen聽 is pretty useless especially with privacy glass in poor light. Oh, yes, spend 拢hundreds extra on the driver assistance package to get the rear camera, of course!馃榾

Why do you need to see?聽 That's what park assist is for! :biggrin:

• Haha 1

To me the reversing camera is the best ever device above all others as an add on to the car.

A good use for 聽the subwoofer聽 would be to place it on the drive as a reference marker, when you hear the plastic crack under the back wheels, you know you need to stop, much better than using a brick....would hate to damage a brick 馃檪

37 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Why do you need to see?聽 That's what park assist is for! :biggrin:

Lol fair point - but if it works so well why do they need to include the camera in the Driver Assistance Pack?馃榾

• Haha 1

A guy at work got caught out with his reversing sensor.

Reversing into a space in a country park, heard bleeper but couldn't see anything, thought..ahh well false alarm, then crunch.

A 1 foot high wooden stake in the ground totally invisible to him but not the good old sensor 馃檪

2 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Haha you may get confused for one of those Polish car valeters you see in supermarket carparks聽 would be funny if you had a load of cars pull up next to you聽 driver approaches "just give it a quick clean n vac mate" 馃檪 馃檪

I've had a few asking to do theirs after I done mine in the local Aldi car park probably because that's the day it gets washed before we go.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Looks like the Mk8 is just slimmer by about 50mm (2").聽

Yes, don't know how accurate these dimensions are, but I've seen the Focus 1 quoted as 1702/1998 excluding/including mirrors and Ford brochure gives 1756/1941 for the Fiesta 8, so about 50mm or so as you say. Ford quote 1805/1930 for the Puma so narrower than Fiesta over mirrors, which, having driven one, I found a bit聽 hard to believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oof - just ordered two聽Michelin Pilot Sport 4s for the聽ST and four聽Bridgestone聽Turanzas for the GLC...聽馃

Got 15% off the PS4s and 拢25 off the聽Turanzas, but my wallet still hurts聽馃槚

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, don't know how accurate these dimensions are, but I've seen the Focus 1 quoted as 1702/1998 excluding/including mirrors and Ford brochure gives 1756/1941 for the Fiesta 8, so about 50mm or so as you say. Ford quote 1805/1930 for the Puma so narrower than Fiesta over mirrors, which, having driven one, I found a bit聽 hard to believe.

I鈥檒l have to get the tape measure out.I鈥檓 not joking馃榾

21 minutes ago, Wino said:

I've had a few asking to do theirs after I done mine in the local Aldi car park probably because that's the day it gets washed before we go.

Nice little earner Rodney 馃檪

4 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Thats what I do too mate, wife goes mad when we park right over the other side of the carpark 馃檪 and have you ever noticed, some plank will come and park right next to you when there are dozens of other spaces...and some even park too close to you

Lol you wife is like my mum 馃ぃ. Still will be parking like this dispite my heartache seeing the passenger door bent in.

6 hours ago, williamweb said:

I don't know the measurements but I have pics of both our MK1 focus and our mk8 fiesta on the same place on the drive and they don't look much different in size.

• Thanks 1

I have no idea why it put my reply in your quote. 馃槀

4 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I have no idea why it put my reply in your quote. 馃槀

Someone's started early... :laugh:

4 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

A 1 foot high wooden stake in the ground totally invisible to him but not the good old sensor 馃檪

Funnily enough that聽nearly聽聽happened to me in the car park at Sutton Hoo with the Land Rover we had at the time. Couldn't see anything from the drivers seat but fortunately I stopped and popped out to check.馃榾

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Someone's started early... :laugh:

I wish.聽 I'm Oncall for work so can't really drink 馃槬

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, williamweb said:

I鈥檒l have to get the tape measure out.I鈥檓 not joking馃榾

Whenever I try measuring a car I never seem to get the same figure twice!

This width thing is just nuts though. I can get my Fiesta in our garage with care, and it got me wondering how I used to get my 2003 Audi A4 in there. Just dug out the A4 dimensions, with the Fiesta 8 figures as mentioned earlier in brackets:

Width excluding mirrors: 1766 (1756)

Including mirrors:1937 (1941)

Of course, the current A4, like all cars, is now even bigger still (1847/2020).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Whenever I try measuring a car I never seem to get the same figure twice!

I wonder how big they make vernier calipers...聽

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club