Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

2 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol, you're all heart, Stephen! But I've never heard of that one - any more info?

I just had a google! Appears we're both right. I just remember it from the day being called a 'fly', I was interested at the time as I owned the standard XR2 (great little car!) More info here... click

• Like 1

Just now, StephenFord said:

Appears we're both right.

LOL a "win-win" then!馃榾

Win win for me too. Sun finally out!!! Our broadband is good considering we in the middle of nowhere. When we got here yesterday took a wrong of turn down a lane that got so rough the car grounded out !!! Then as it was a dead end,聽 had to reverse back again. Was anticipating the plastic sump with a hole in it. Checked after we stopped and nothing leaking yet.聽

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unofix said:

OMG !! was the lamp post alright ? it's not going to claim whiplash is it ? 馃ぃ

Think I should claim whiplash and injury for a 1mph bump 馃槀馃ぃ

I've reversed into a lamppost in my youth. MK2 Vauxhall cavalier. Didn't see it as I reversed out of a market square carpark at high speed. We'll probably 10mph. that did some damage but the body shop managed to straighten it and only had to fit a second hand lamp.聽

• Like 1

The art world.

We watch Fake or Fortune.聽 It's fascinating watching the detective work that goes on.

Today's episode was a sculpture by Henry Moore.

Except it wasn't and because of that it was worth 拢50 in scrap metal and not 拢500000.

It's the SAME CHUFFING SCUPLTURE.

Same with the paintings they show.聽 I couldn't care less who painted it, my only interest is does it look good on my wall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Except it wasn't and because of that it was worth 拢50 in scrap metal...

I think that's an exaggeration, it must have weighed about 20 tons LOL

• Haha 1

We had to make small sculptures in the style of Henry Moore at primary school...聽 Few sticks, bit of plaster and some gold paint...聽 Turned out not to be that difficult even for a 7 year-old with no artistic talent. :laugh:

Now if it was a renaissance painting I can see the value in those...huge amounts of time and skill needed! :smile:

Actually I do have one rule with art.聽 It needs to look like I couldn't have done it.聽 Which tends to rule out 99% of modern art.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

Think I should claim whiplash and injury for a 1mph bump 馃槀馃ぃ

Fill it with expanding foam and trim it smooth; light sanding and get the vehicle wrapped; never notice and much cheaper than full on repair job.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Indeed, 80s big hair happened all by itself 馃ぃ

1076388112_80sbighair.thumb.jpg.56abd9abbdde0fc683e7f1356e69d277.jpg

That's what I look like when I wake up in the morning. Hairdresser not required 馃槃

• Haha 1

I don't like finally finding something specific on eBay after looking for weeks...only for the seller not to allow postage.聽:rolleyes:

In other news, anyone got a suitable adhesive suggestion for a plastic weather sensor on a uPVC window frame?聽 Needs to be removable to change batteries but also string enough to cope with heat, wind and rain.聽 I've been considering some exterior adhesive velcro if there is such a thing?

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

In other news, anyone got a suitable adhesive suggestion for a plastic weather sensor on a uPVC window frame?聽 Needs to be removable to change batteries but also string enough to cope with heat, wind and rain.聽 I've been considering some exterior adhesive velcro if there is such a thing?

Tom, that is exactly what I have used for temperature sensors stuck on external glass windows. I just bought some 'proper' velcro on eBay, not generic stuff, the one with the actual brand name stamped on it. They're on their 2nd year now with me...

• Like 2

Olympic walking. Just feckin run.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Olympic walking. Just feckin run.

How many of them are from northern Ireland? 馃き

7 hours ago, BigLen said:

How many of them are from northern Ireland? 馃き

Not many, apparently the Olympic Committee banned the bowler hats and orange sashes LOL 馃ぃ

• Haha 2

Lol I think I got this stalker girl 馃ぃ. Been messaging me on a few videos

Screenshot_20210806-224426.png

Had a ***** end to our holiday. Our poorly dog had a fit at 11.30pm and we rushed her to local emergency vets near to where we are staying. Nothing they could do for her so was put to sleep early hrs of this morning. We packed up and brought her home. Also on way home I got flashed by speed camera on overhead gantry at Bristol. Wasn't paying attention to my speed enough. Got that to look forward to through the post next week.聽

• Sad 8

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

Lol I think I got this stalker girl 馃ぃ. Been messaging me on a few videos

Screenshot_20210806-224426.png

I got a "Nancy" trying to have a conversation with me on what's app. Photo shows as a Chinese girl but probably a "Nathan" lol. I'm not replying.聽

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, iantt said:

Had a ***** end to our holiday. Our poorly dog had a fit at 11.30pm and we rushed her to local emergency vets near to where we are staying. Nothing they could do for her so was put to sleep early hrs of this morning.

I'm so sad to hear that, only a pet owner will know that pain. A while back I had to get my cat put to sleep, and I cried like a baby in the surgery, uncontrollable big tears! Still miss her but it does get better. In addition, last year I got a lovely little kitten, no 'replacement', but I love having another heartbeat running around the house...

1719647735_sparkleinblanket.thumb.JPG.5a96f9546fb84ddeae984caf039c472e.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Had a ***** end to our holiday. Our poorly dog had a fit at 11.30pm and we rushed her to local emergency vets near to where we are staying. Nothing they could do for her so was put to sleep early hrs of this morning. We packed up and brought her home. Also on way home I got flashed by speed camera on overhead gantry at Bristol. Wasn't paying attention to my speed enough. Got that to look forward to through the post next week.聽

Sorry to hear that Ian. Hopefully it's nothing serious.聽

With the speed camera one of my dad's friends got caught doing 49 on a 40 by average speed cameras. Was told to go on a driver awareness course or accept the points so hopefully you can get the same options 馃憤

51 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I'm so sad to hear that, only a pet owner will know that pain. A while back I had to get my cat put to sleep, and I cried like a baby in the surgery, uncontrollable big tears! Still miss her but it does get better. In addition, last year I got a lovely little kitten, no 'replacement', but I love having another heartbeat running around the house...

1719647735_sparkleinblanket.thumb.JPG.5a96f9546fb84ddeae984caf039c472e.JPG

We've got a cat coming to our house now for 10 months. Used to wonder around the houses and alleyway and after my sister started feeding her she starts coming to the garden.聽

One of the neirbours I bumped into during my hospital shifts. Elderly couple who the husband had to get drained due to having liver cirrhosis. The wife told me that this cat comes over to her house as well 馃槀

On 8/6/2021 at 7:31 AM, StephenFord said:

Not many, apparently the Olympic Committee banned the bowler hats and orange sashes LOL 馃ぃ

Maybe let them throw the javelin 馃槄

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club