Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

7 hours ago, iantt said:

Had a ***** end to our holiday. Our poorly dog had a fit at 11.30pm and we rushed her to local emergency vets near to where we are staying. Nothing they could do for her so was put to sleep early hrs of this morning. We packed up and brought her home. Also on way home I got flashed by speed camera on overhead gantry at Bristol. Wasn't paying attention to my speed enough. Got that to look forward to through the post next week. 

Very sorry for your loss mate, I have more of a social life with animals than I do people; grew up in the country side with cows and the odd dumped out stray dog, 

Ive experienced the highs of gaining trust to allow touch; aswell as the loss of absence when there gone; 

I don't know what I would do if anything happened to our lad "Liam" now; he gives proper hugs and almost talk to us, 

nearly got scammed a few minutes ago. had a text off what i thought was nhs. saying i was eligablle for the covid vaccine pass. not being fully awake i clicked link and it looked like nhs website. i put my name, address, dob etc in then it asked me for payment of £4.99  and to enter cedit card details. looked so authentic. i stopped before entering card details as luckily im not that generous with my money and then realised i was getting scammed. phew!!  i now have to be wary of them usung my personal details now! time to upgrade my experian/ equifax subscription i think!  

normally im quick to see a scam 

• Sad 2

33 minutes ago, iantt said:

i now have to be wary of them usung my personal details now! time to upgrade my experian/ equifax subscription i think!  

Lucky escape Ian, and its so very easy to get scammed like that. 🤔

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Lucky escape Ian, and its so very easy to get scammed like that. 🤔

yep. normally im so wary of any texts and emails. had an email not long ago saying my passwords on my email address were cpmpromised and i was being watched via laptop webcam watching *****!! 🤣🤣

if i didnt pay a certain amount all my contacts in my email account would be shown. 

crack on!! 🤣🤣🤣

im sure screwfix, british gas , tesco clubcard would be interested. the avantages of no friends. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2021 at 10:45 PM, zain611 said:

Lol I think I got this stalker girl 🤣. Been messaging me on a few videos

Screenshot_20210806-224426.png

Tell her you drive a Fiesta , just for fun and see what she says.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, OilSheikh said:

Tell her you drive a Fiesta , just for fun and see what she says.

Lol she said to me when she gets her car she'll out eyelashes on it and tint the windows 😂

On 8/8/2021 at 8:31 AM, iantt said:

nearly got scammed a few minutes ago. had a text off what i thought was nhs. saying i was eligablle for the covid vaccine pass. not being fully awake i clicked link and it looked like nhs website. i put my name, address, dob etc in then it asked me for payment of £4.99  and to enter cedit card details. looked so authentic. i stopped before entering card details as luckily im not that generous with my money and then realised i was getting scammed. phew!!  i now have to be wary of them usung my personal details now! time to upgrade my experian/ equifax subscription i think!  

normally im quick to see a scam 

Yesterday I saw this mirror article I think via Facebook about a postman going into cryptocurrency and earning a lot of money from it and the app he used. The article mentioned a colleague from mirror trying it out and getting profit from his £200 entry deposit he put down.

I went on the website and put my name, email and wrong number in. Had a guy message me about helping me get started with the setup and he was messaging me every now and then to let him know when he can help me.

I found another mirror article which mentioned scam mirror articles describing articles like the one I saw where they try and lead you to going on the fake cryptocurrency website so you put your deposit in but don't get anything. 

Just makes me curious though if I should try cryptocurrency and if it is true with this apps that have bots that tell you which bits to buy low and sell high 🤔

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Just makes me curious though if I should try cryptocurrency and if it is true with this apps that have bots that tell you which bits to buy low and sell high 🤔

A while back I had a small flutter on BitCoin using 'Blockchain'. It use to work pretty well until last December they were hit by a DNS attack which meant customers were locked out of their account for over 5 days. In that period I watch my small investment fall by 40% I was powerless and just a passenger as I watched BitCoin value fall. Haven't 'invested' since. If you have money laying about to lose, it's fun watching the rise & fall in value, but it's just far too volatile for me...

(And as the industry isn't properly regulated, you may just enjoy using a one arm bandit just as much as there is no compensation recourse)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, StephenFord said:

A while back I had a small flutter on BitCoin

I get at least 3 emails in my "spam" folder every day telling me I've made thousands on BitCoin and all I need to do to cash in is input my bank details. Yeah, right!😀

17 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I get at least 3 emails in my "spam" folder every day telling me I've made thousands on BitCoin and all I need to do to cash in is input my bank details. Yeah, right!😀

To register with Blockchain is actually a PIA! As well as bank details, you need proof of ID so had to scan copy of driving license. From memory, they deposit a minor amount (£1?) into your account with a code in the description which you have to verify. They are a bona fide company, but I did much research before my little flutter! You are right to be wary, there are 1000s of 'BitCoin' scams around...

• Like 1

Just bear in mind that if you decide to start mining crytocurrency you'll be spending more on the extra electricity to run the computer than you'll make from the mining.

So no, I don't recommend it 🙂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, erictcleric said:

Just bear in mind that if you decide to start mining crytocurrency you'll be spending more on the extra electricity to run the computer than you'll make from the mining.

So no, I don't recommend it 🙂

https://powercompare.co.uk/bitcoin/#:~:text=Below we have a table showing the data, 2.90% 46 more rows

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56012952

Working away in the shed Glueing 2 items with this Gorilla Glue stuff and then thinking ''ill sort that out while im in here'' not thinking,the items was that oily/greasey stuff then going to clean my hands.....well try.....

Some Glue left on my hands then oil/Grease stuck to it,white spirits did bits then scrub the hell out of them,nice red sore hands for a few days.

Just got back from a few days away to Inverness and now I know why folk living or working on the NC500 hate camper vans! 

Got stuck behind 4 of them in convoy for about 30 miles this afternoon when we were coming home. Driving too close to each other to safely overtake at 30/40 on the windy bits and speeding up to 50/60 on the straight bits! One of them, the last one, even went through a red light to keep up with his companions! 

Just as well we weren't in a hurry 🙄

This is a really odd request, but does anyone know of a website that has new-old stock electronics?

I can't get on with the 2nd new laptop either frustratingly...I'm wondering if I can just buy a brand new one identical to my old one.  Don't care about the processor or storage, just something that looks the same and has identical screen settings in case this is a 'physical' vision issue rather than a mental thing.  Been scouring eBay for weeks but all the used ones look really tatty... :unsure: 

Dell computers sell factory refurbished laptops direct. I've bought quite a few over the years and they always look like brand new, somtimes wonder if they are in fact just old stock.

The big problem that you will run in to is which operating system you want and what you can have. I'm still on windows 7 and run an emulator that makes it look and act like XP, which I'm very happy with.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Dell computers sell factory refurbished laptops direct. I've bought quite a few over the years and they always look like brand new, somtimes wonder if they are in fact just old stock.

The big problem that you will run in to is which operating system you want and what you can have. I'm still on windows 7 and run an emulator that makes it look and act like XP, which I'm very happy with.

It's an HP I'm after.  I've tried them directly but was just linked to a new one which isn't the same in any way... :rolleyes: They offered discount but that's not helpful for me.

When you put a car Reg into an info search and it comes up a complete different car,even tried putting the Reg direct into Google and it comes up the right car but when you open the search result it's a different car,the same car i always get.

34 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

When you put a car Reg into an info search and it comes up a complete different car,even tried putting the Reg direct into Google and it comes up the right car but when you open the search result it's a different car,the same car i always get.

You should try putting in a Northern Ireland plate LOL I've always had issues with online databases, though some can manage (like EuroCarParts), many can't!

Some days I really do feel like Victor Meldrew...

Last week I bought something on eBay.  Kindly asked the seller not send it signed for as I don't want the hassle of missed deliveries.

Made a bit of a fuss but agreed to send via an alternative service.

I got a confirmation email on Friday to say it had been delivered to the safe place...  Checked later on but it wasn't there, thought no more of it, probably a glitch...

Still hadn't arrived today so I checked the tracking properly...  The pic of the 'safe place' was definitely not anywhere near my property!

Then realised the seller had put the wrong address.  They'd put an address further along my road, where it had presumably been left. :rolleyes:

I would suggest I've lost it now...they could just plead ignorance...

So yeah, all to save a bit of hassle, that's worked well! :laugh:

• Haha 2

Looking for some help here guys, 

I'm trying to join the Hyundai Owners Club and although English is my only language; I don't know what vouwels are in Hyundai, 

I need to know what three vouwels are in the word Hyundai 

Screenshot_20210827-070255.jpeg.6d25d11cc581999957f46898e1a1d287.jpeg

Your time starts now 😅 thanks very much 👍🏻

26 minutes ago, BigLen said:

Looking for some help here guys, 

I'm trying to join the Hyundai Owners Club and although English is my only language; I don't know what vouwels are in Hyundai, 

Screenshot_20210827-070255.jpeg.6d25d11cc581999957f46898e1a1d287.jpeg

Your time starts now 😅 thanks very much 👍🏻

uai 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

uai 

Thanks very much, 

I owe you a free Spin 

220px-WheelUK2001Round1.jpg.9cd82b6eed9e6f894d5bf8f7086060e8.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigLen said:

At least you didn't have to look through 50 photos selecting the ones with cars in them LOL

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2021 at 8:03 PM, TomsFocus said:

The pic of the 'safe place' was definitely not anywhere near my property!

Then realised the seller had put the wrong address.  They'd put an address further along my road, where it had presumably been left. 

I would suggest I've lost it now...they could just plead ignorance...

I should update this as a 'do like'...  The occupier of that property did return the parcel to me a few days later. There are a few decent humans left.  :smile: 

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club