Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't like noticing this trim alignment on the Mk4 today...are they all like that or is the door sagging? :unsure:

IMG_20210831_093859603_HDR.thumb.jpg.8f8259c601cc3139756a592b19823274.jpg

The chrome trim simply pulls off upwards and can be re seated ( If its fitted the same way as the Mk3). Whether it seats back level and flush with the other door is anyones guess as I had the same niggle with my previous Focus (Mk3).

Iirc I did post on here regarding the issue back then.

• Like 1

dont like getting something crawling up my arm while riding my motorcycle home from work. had to stop and take jacket off to find a dozy wasp up the sleeve. good job it didnt sting me . once i had sorted that, out carried on my way to find a multple car /van crash on a set of crossroads. only just happened. maybe that wasp saved my life!!  im always carefull and alert at those crossroads as ive seen a few accidents there. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

dont like getting something crawling up my arm while riding my motorcycle home from work. had to stop and take jacket off to find a dozy wasp up the sleeve. good job it didnt sting me . once i had sorted that, out carried on my way to find a multple car /van crash on a set of crossroads. only just happened. maybe that wasp saved my life!!  im always carefull and alert at those crossroads as ive seen a few accidents there. 

🐝You must have been buzzing weren't involved in the accident, the place must have been swarmed with emergency services, And it will leave a nasty sting in all of there insurance renewal's 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone know why Clive @stoney871 hasnt been on the forum for over 4 weeks now? Hope he is well and just having a rest. 

• Like 1

Sad to say we lost our gran yesterday to cancer. Managed to arrange the burial on the same day. 

Lost a few family members this year.

• Sad 8

10 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Sad to say we lost our gran yesterday to cancer. Managed to arrange the burial on the same day. 

Sorry for your loss 😥, we lost my grandad at the start of January so i sort of know what you are going through.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Sorry to hear that Zain. We're all here for you though. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Sorry for your loss Zain, 

• Like 2

My wife got a text message from the bank saying her account had some suspicious transactions & to call a number, 

Assuming that it was a scam; she phoned the bank on the number which was printed on the back of her bank card. 

Turns out this unauthorized account activity was actually true, so the bank cancelled her card and said there sending a replacement in the post,, 

This was Tuesday last week, and still no card received yet, 

• Like 3

Greek summer was such so hot (42C for 45 days ) and full of forest fires, that i do not want a summer like that again!

No vacations due to continiously readiness...

This summer was not a pleasant one!!!

I'm looking to raise awareness here:

I bought an online Haynes manual for the Hyundai ix20 and it cost me 25 pounds, thought it would be the usual quality picture filled manual with wiring diagrams galore; 

and well its not really much more than the owners manual in the glovebox, 

did the guy whom strips down the cars for Haynes; die or retire; and the millennial generation are too tech savvy to get there hands dirty; please excuse my arrogance here but 25 GBP for a virtual manual which has no wiring diagrams, no cable references atoll, doesn't show how to dismantle the dashboard or the boot panel, 

does show how to change brake pads, timing chain, topping up and draining of fluids, changing of bulbs and what the bolt size as well as torque settings are for the seat belts and seats, 

that's about it. 

im almost on the phone to the local Rape crises centre as I feel violated with the level of detail obtained for such money invested, guys this is absolute scutter. 

1625246429_haynes1.thumb.PNG.03a16e98ba65c9c62aec993baf6253ab.PNG

256891131_haynes2.thumb.PNG.7368670233f36f4ba49aac3bc2c5c749.PNG

check out the category for electrical; its aged towards 12-16 year olds in terms of in depth detail and not very specific to the vehicle atoll. a diagram of wiring would be nice 

309309028_haynes3.thumb.PNG.d9b56843810c63f118b8678b99c27461.PNG

see below category for interior lol check seat belts and air bags, are they having a laugh 

1536261675_haynes5.thumb.PNG.6b51e1cf7275afca7ccbe7d66a9f078b.PNG

haynes 4.PNG

• Like 1

@BigLen I'm guessing they don't want anyone messing around with wiring because cars are so damn sensitive now! Back in the day if you messed up something it just blew a fuse, now it would probably be written off as the spare electronics would be too dear to replace! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

@BigLen I'm guessing they don't want anyone messing around with wiring because cars are so damn sensitive now! Back in the day if you messed up something it just blew a fuse, now it would probably be written off as the spare electronics would be too dear to replace! 

The world is going mad, everything has to be certified these days; seemingly the same when building a house now; can't do any work yourself unless certified,  for example where a friend could weld up a metal support beam for you or install an extra window in the roof, all needs certification well in Republic of Ireland anyway.

I'll just have to use my multimeter to source cables for adding footwell lights, DRL's &reverse camera 🤷🏻‍♂️

I bought the Haynes manual mainly to discover; how the drivers & passenger side dashboard vents are removed

517667367_Existingvents.png.6b1f12a114226fb59371c2e7ee556d46.thumb.png.9611f9f95dac2d297266ec2f3f69ada3.png

Because I want to get the vent surrounds off and get them sprayed grey to match the centre vents, but it doesn't show anything like that in the Haynes manual atall 🙄 where these manuals once covered everything.

I know that when the vents are removed from the dashboard; the face surround of these vents seperates from the wheel & grills by unclipping around the edges,

so it is possible to have the surround section removed for paint, as saw by looking at images close up; of these vents selling on eBay UK,

although I don't want to buy two vents for the purpose of painting prior to fitting; if I can remove these without damaging anything and just have them painted to match the centre vent surrounds, would save me alot of unessacerry expenditure.

• Like 1

@BigLen Do the side dash panels come off?  That's usually the access into the vents on modern cars, panels just clip in.

Also, what an odd wear patch on the lower left of the wheel! :unsure:

• Like 1

IMG-20210830-WA0036.thumb.jpg.e25549df00b49d0bbd7c054d5c560094.jpg

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

@BigLen Do the side dash panels come off?  That's usually the access into the vents on modern cars, panels just clip in.

Also, what an odd wear patch on the lower left of the wheel! :unsure:

Thanks, I'll have at it this weekend; when I get time; thanks for commenting on the steering wheel; I agree; it belonged to an elderly person since new; sadly they have passed on; I'm guessing it's either strong hand sanitizer dripped on the leather or perhaps a Gavoscaun medicine of some description; definitely something acid based as they wheel feels rough in that spot, it also bugs me to see it not 100% 

Thankfully; the ix20 from 2010-2021 is identical on interior and exterior with only a bumper change in 2015 onwards, so I've bookmarked a replacement wheel for 80 GBP comes from a 2018 without airbag which is fine and will eliminate the unsightly damage, 

The gear knob is looking similar to that spot on the wheel too, looking at replacement.

IMG-20210830-WA0036.thumb.jpg.e25549df00b49d0bbd7c054d5c560094.jpg

Although the rest of the car is almost like new especially the rear seat and boot areas.

Strangely the ix20 doesn't have DRL's which came in to affect on all vehicles manufactured after 2012 🤷🏻‍♂️ not even the parking bulbs, perhaps got away with not fitting as the design was built pre-introduction of the law.

But im delighted to say; I've purchased a set of aftermarket fog lights which have a DRL section built in, they look factory where the DRL is in the corner seperate to the fog light itself, 

• Like 2

So after only a thousand miles or so I already have some new stone chips where I repainted the the rear arches. Clearly normal Hammerite isn't up to protecting them against Ford's useless design, so I've bought some of this:

Image 1 - HAMMERITE UNDERBODY SEAL 500ML TIN WITH WAXOYL UNDERSEAL BRUSH ON

I'm not sure I can face redoing it again this year though, so this may have to be a project for next year now...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TimST2 said:

I'm not sure I can face redoing it again this year though, so this may have to be a project for next year now...

ideal for a good dry week in the summer, 

get yourself some sheets of cardboard and a set of axle stands, apply it early in the morning and leave it on the stands for the day to dry, 

I'm currently stock piling items together for a few things which i want to do to the car; but I'm thinking of leaving it until spring 2022, take two days off work and go fitting everything in one sweep. 

• Like 1

Signing in to my eBay account today 11th September 2021 and eBay want me to confirm that I'm human by selecting the images which contain Aero planes, Seriously what is wrong with these people 

75578271_Badtaste.thumb.JPG.6dba35a425c74d3224faaee6bf245aca.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, BigLen said:

Signing in to my eBay account today 11th September 2021 and eBay want me to confirm that I'm human by selecting the images which contain Aero planes, Seriously what is wrong with these people 

75578271_Badtaste.thumb.JPG.6dba35a425c74d3224faaee6bf245aca.JPG

Haven't used mine for a while but wanted to buy something today. Wouldn't let me in unless I added 3 security questions which means I'd have to write the answers somewhere as well (already got a folder full of passwords for various stuff). So couldn't be ar*ed and continued as "guest".

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 9:07 AM, BigLen said:

ideal for a good dry week in the summer, 

get yourself some sheets of cardboard and a set of axle stands, apply it early in the morning and leave it on the stands for the day to dry, 

I'm currently stock piling items together for a few things which i want to do to the car; but I'm thinking of leaving it until spring 2022, take two days off work and go fitting everything in one sweep. 

Yep, that's what I did this summer (with the smooth Hammerite). Will be a much smaller job this time though as I'll only need to prep and paint the section that isn't protected by the liner. As I'm only commuting 2 days a week now there shouldn't be any need to take time off.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

As I'm only commuting 2 days a week now there shouldn't be any need to take time off.

Yep, some people have had a really good pandemic! 😀

• Like 1

I don't like that amazon don't really stock as much car equipment and LED as eBay does.

Reason being; when you order a few bits from Amazon; everything arrives in the same box where atall possible, 

That said now; I'm really not looking forward to next week; 

Because the wife hasn't slept in the same bed as me for the past three weeks and has returned conversation this weekend; said  "I'm 🤬 telling you now Leonard, you better not be ordering any more 🤬 for that Hyundai" 😰

Lenny's been on amazon.de, eBay.uk, AliExpress.com and Mick's garage.com last Thursday spent 1,087euro in total and it's all arriving from next week onwards around 16 deliveries 😱

monophy.gif.724cf8ee186bdc51c5b700ef2486d885.gif

She's a hard working housewife at home every day walking the dog, dropping the kids to school, making dinners, cleaning cloths & assisting with homework to name only a few aspects of the role, and will be receiving deliveries as logistics coordinator,

The money I've spent is from overtime; worked right through last weekend too, she see's spending on cars as a waste of money; but I'm just fitting a reverse camera, win deflectors, bulb upgrade's, usb power supply, DRL's etc.

All things which make life easier and leaves the ix20 as good as the focus in terms of accessories.

I've not allocated any drink or lunch money to myself as result of those purchases,

So I am making some sacrifices aswell as having worked the extra hours to gain the additional income to fund the expenditure, 

So it should calm down in about a month 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

koka-cup-noodles-curry.thumb.jpg.de2fe8b2c4c2f367fb462be2a4306440.jpg

I'm posting this one to create awareness,

I don't like that Koka Noodles have; without notice; stopped providing a little plastic fold out fork,

In my work place all cutlery has been removed due to covid19 restrictions, only milk & hot water is provided.

I take my lunch break's in my beloved MK2.5 focus where I've installed a TV tuner in to a 7" Pioneer head unit. Also got a table for the steering wheel 👍🏻

So I retrieve the Koka Noodles from my locker, open it, dispense powder then realized 😲 fork me! there's no fork inside; 

and it's the one time; where I didn't have one in my center console, as I normally gather them from petrol stations, 

lucky I had a section of tin foil from my ham sandwich which I was dunking in the noodles, 

I then made a small spoon shaped trowel out of the tin foil which enabled me to eat the noodles while retaining some level of dignity 👍🏻 #TallyHo

• Like 2

Shortage of meat products due to co2 shortage! Quite ironic when there's plenty going into the atmosphere!😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, iantt said:

Shortage of meat products due to co2 shortage! Quite ironic when there's plenty going into the atmosphere!😂😂😂

Yes, it all seems nuts. Nitrogen is virtually the most abundant element but we can't find an easy way to extract it. CO2 is apparently at its highest level in history but we can't easily get at that either so have to manufacture it for industrial use.

Meanwhile we were so short of power lately that they had to fire up the coal fired power station at West Burton which will have created a bit more CO2. We'll be even shorter of power now that one of the Channel interconnectors to France is out of commission for quite some time. Get your winter woolies ready!😃😃

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club