Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I really don't like...

When a local beautiful single lane country road (Balleyboley Road), has been bastardised with 8 x speed bumps within a half mile length. Without them, you could barely do 30MPH as it's so twisty, but now, it's just a car wrecker...

Wonder if it's just coincidence that the local MP lives there...

51 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I really don't like...

When a local beautiful single lane country road (Balleyboley Road), has been bastardised with 8 x speed bumps within a half mile length. Without them, you could barely do 30MPH as it's so twisty, but now, it's just a car wrecker...

Wonder if it's just coincidence that the local MP lives there...

you need to install a sealed sub in your car then take it easy over those speed bumps, 

3 minutes ago, BigLen said:

you need to install a sealed sub in your car then take it easy over those speed bumps, 

Had to google, 'sealed sub' LOL I'm a proper old man now... 😁

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Had to google, 'sealed sub' LOL I'm a proper old man now... 😁

sealed sub enclosures emit resonating base 😃 shake the plates in every house 

I have a 400w 10" sealed sub in my focus 

It sadly isnt looking good for me and the car 😭.

So the ULEZ is expanding soon and the hospital I'm working in is just within the border. Two roads between the hospital have put signs up saying 'border in enforcement from the 25th October'. The entrance to the hospital I just saw now has that sign so there's no way else I can see I can go into the hospital to park without paying £12.50 a day 🤦.

There are other staff members who seem to have older cars from looking in the car park so I wonder what they'll do. Really don't want to sell the car because of this. Got the Citroen C1 I could use but won't be happy downgrading to that. Do have some money saved up to get a nice car for myself but trying to be sensible and save up for a house.

• Sad 3

35 minutes ago, zain611 said:

... so there's no way else I can see I can go into the hospital to park without paying £12.50 a day 🤦.

Crikey, that's £3125/year which before tax is about £4000 of your salary! I suppose that what becomes of a Mayor that gets chauffeured about in a £300,000 Range Rover, who has no actual empathy with real people, and a misguided belief that saving some dolphins is a priority for the people of London!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Crikey, that's £3125/year which before tax is about £4000 of your salary! I suppose that what becomes of a Mayor that gets chauffeured about in a £300,000 Range Rover, who has no actual empathy with real people, and a misguided belief that saving some dolphins is a priority for the people of London!

R.I.P fungie 😢 

cropped-screen-shot-2017-10-18-at-14-31-02.thumb.png.d75024ab860b3a29b8c456ffbf9225b9.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, StephenFord said:

ironic when every single vaccine has a certain percentage of distilled shark liver oil in it, which is shipped from china to pharmaceutical companies around the world in plastic lined steel drums, then distilled in a "hot finger distillation unit" prior to being shipped throughout the world for your flu jab not covid jab its different. most other vaccines do though; because the shark liver oil heightens the immune system to allow the vaccine in to your body; without it the body would fight the vaccine aswell just like it try's to fight the flu or anything else. 

I've personally distilled many batches, regulating flow and counting drips on to the hot finger with a calibrated stop watch in hand, have to get a certain number of drips per 30 seconds  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BigLen said:

ironic when every single vaccine has a certain percentage of distilled shark liver oil in it...

It's OK, the tree huggers don't like sharks, they haven't got a nice smiley face like dolphins do LOL 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

It's OK, the tree huggers don't like sharks, they haven't got a nice smiley face like dolphins do LOL 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm going to keep this borderline anonymous here as its a sensitive issue; but I have to speak about it as I feel everyone should speak about such things; here we go; 

a family relative; is suffering quite badly with there mental health at the moment, they have a history of anxiety and things haven't been right for them the past three months but its getting increasingly worse in the past week, 

I'm trying to reach out to help them as I can see there burning but there pushing me away constantly; throwing verbal abuse at me like some sort of possessed wrap god; like any negative thing they can think of saying or shouting at me without stopping to take a breath; in what seems to be an effort to try and turn me away from attempting to discuss the elephant in the room.

I've booked the day off from work tomorrow as there condition is starting to play on my mind and I feel something has to be done before they don't come home;

well there getting up at 6am and walking the main roads with the dog for a minimum of an hour; then going out in the car for hours every day; until all hours of the night;

when asked where they were; they get very agitated and begin to say negative things or bring up other situations to attempt avoiding the question, last Thursday they failed to collect there teenage kids from school resulting in the teenagers 12&14 having to walk themselves home;

where the parent arrived home two hours later with the excuse that they were caught up at road works on a certain road. this parent whom suffers anxiety is usually always a minimum of 40minutes early for everything as they have anxiety over being late, then last Thursday there over two hours late. 

I took the said teenagers out last Sunday to KFC, we drove that road which the parent said they had been caught on as result of road works; and much to all of our disappointments lads there wasn't any road works or any sign of work being done atoll it was all lies. 

last Sunday was my last communication with the person; and tomorrow I'm going to take them for a drive in my car to get a coffee at a fuel station out on the motorway for a chat; I've asked many times "what is the problem" the response alters from a simple response of "you, your the problem now ***** off" or "I've told you already, told you hundreds of times but your not listening" when in reality all the had been doing was staring blankly at the floor😲

so tomorrow; I've got a notepad and pen in the car, I'm going to talk with this person and write down every negative point which they say; then relay it back to them to confirm each one is a valid entry on the list, 

in order to get some closure on the matter; and find some sort of resolution as there erratic behaviour which is now entering its third month is unacceptable and beginning to affect others as the eldest teenager hasn't gone to school since last Friday, also didn't eat much KFC last Sunday after seeing there parent had lied about road works which didn't exist and wonders where could they have been; suspecting that there with a new partner since they found a dating app on the parents phone. 

the said parent passed comment to me before regarding the dating app; saying they were on it for attention and surprised at the level of interest they were getting for themselves on it, but nothing more, 

however i cant imagine my 14 year old self feeling ok about my parent being on a dating app posting pictures and smiling at messages which are coming through, which is something the kid told me last Sunday, 

the said parent; there father recently got married to a new partner and there mother has ceased all forms of communication with them because they had attended there fathers wedding celebrations, things seem to have been on the decline for them since then as they felt they were the cause of there own parents marriage, 

but as said above, there seems to be a hell of a lot going on from isolating and lying to everyone, to seeking strangers attention on dating websites followed by keeping away from there own married partner by sleeping on floors and living room sofa's whom is also very worried and concerned for there welfare. 

long rant here guys but all I'm really saying is; look after your mental health and it is a real issue for some people out there. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I wish you good luck with your atempt to help this person. They sound in a poor state of mind. Just take care that you don't get dragged down with them. It could well be that there is a new secret person in their life, which might not be right, but it would explain their behavior.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

I wish you good luck with your atempt to help this person. They sound in a poor state of mind. Just take care that you don't get dragged down with them. It could well be that there is a new secret person in their life, which might not be right, but it would explain their behavior.

thanks mate, 

they have been going for walks in the evening too and yesterday the 14 year old followed them from a distance to find out whether they were walking down the road to then be collected by someone or just genuinely walking, seems they were genuinely walking, well on that occasion anyway. 

also the parent had asked the eldest to mind the house on Thursday night of last week the same day which they arrived home late as they said they wanted to attend a counselling session in a neighbouring town; to what regard nobody knows and there partner didn't know anything atoll about them being late to collect the kids or about being in attendance to an counselling session as they were working 15:00-23:00 and it all took place within those hours of the evening/night 

Assuming said person is female have you looked at menopause symptoms ?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, unofix said:

Assuming said person is female have you looked at menopause symptoms ?

Not looked at the symptoms no; she's 40 next month, been in calf three times 🎉

@BigLen seems like your doing the right thing especially looking into the possible root causes to this.

I think with mental health best to keep the mind occupied. I found working helps me. As someone who went through emotional upset over a girl I liked for years getting married I found being stuck at home really did not help. As I'm working now it occupies my mind and not overthink about it. 

Also @BigLen would you say this is a good idea 😂. Pop it closed when I drive past a camera and open it after I go past it.

Screenshot_20211012-235406.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

Also @BigLen would you say this is a good idea 😂. Pop it closed when I drive past a camera and open it after I go past it.

When activated, does it automatically play the James Bond theme over the stereo? LOL

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:34 PM, BigLen said:

Not looked at the symptoms no; she's 40 next month, been in calf three times 🎉

Good luck trying to help,i have severe Mental health problems and you are a kind person trying to help as a lot just walk away.......Need a lot more people like you.👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Good luck trying to help,i have severe Mental health problems and you are a kind person trying to help as a lot just walk away.......Need a lot more people like you.👍

Sincere thank you for that comment Jace as I'm not currently getting that type of response from this person just yet; we had a good chat yesterday and I wrote down a long list of contributing factors; the end result for yesterday was that there is no mistery partner and that this person was attending counseling and lost track of time as result of diving into things, 

Which I congratulated them on making a huge step to attend counseling rather than suffering alone; 

Thing is now; they need funds for more counseling sessions; and I hand a sum of money saved for there 40th birthday present which I've lodged money in to there bank account today in order to assist with more counseling sessions, enough to cover 20 sessions or to be done in quick succession or spent as they wish, sennsions are 60euro and I've let them know that I will collect the kids or help out in any way possible; 

There taking the sessions but not very confident that they want anything more to do with me; going forward as there trying to regain the person which they once were and that person wouldn't tolerate me much...

I'll just have to provide space and see how it goes 🤞🏻

• Like 2

So I may sadly be selling the fiesta soon as I don't think there's anyway I can go to work without paying £12.50 each day go there.

Will be taking off the headlights and wheels and put it on sale soon 😢

• Sad 6

6 hours ago, zain611 said:

So I may sadly be selling the fiesta soon as I don't think there's anyway I can go to work without paying £12.50 each day go there.

Will be taking off the headlights and wheels and put it on sale soon 😢

if you have the space; you may get more selling it for parts, just keep it as a rolling chassis then to sell to the breakers when finished; considering it has the ST kit 

• Like 1

i think the internal amplifier in my Pioneer AVH-X8600BT Double Din headunit in my focus has given up, 

wouldn't be a problem if the low level RCA outputs hadn't of been affected but the results from the Speakers are the same weather the audio comes from the headunit via RCA or via the headunits 50w amplifier. 

the symptom is that all audio is being sent to the tweeters and there's nothing from the 6.5" Speakers atoll and the issue happened to both Speakers at exactly the same time which makes me think its not the crossover box's its purely the headunit. 

• Like 1

After buying a brand new Ford Focus Ecoblue, and after 12.000 kms (7.500 miles) i realized that it burns a great amount of engine oil (150 ml every 650 miles)... I waited untill it broke in , never pushed it to the limits,never drove it hard but it burns oil....

After a visit to the official Ford's dealership, they told me that burning a small amount of engine oil is acceptable because of the very thin engine oil (0w-20 Ford Castrol Magnatec), in combination with the average warm weather of Greece and the heavy traffic conditions!!!

This is the current issue of my car's daily driving routine that i really don't like!!!

P.S. I apologise for my poor english writting...

22 minutes ago, Alexis94040 said:

0w-20 Ford Castrol Magnatec

That seems very thin, especially for a warm climate. I think I would check to see what other specification could be used.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club