Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

That seems very thin, especially for a warm climate. I think I would check to see what other specification could be used.

They ensured me that these oil specifications are the only recommended for my car...

I feel so disapointed from greek Ford!!!

It is not normal burning such so much oil!!!

12 minutes ago, unofix said:

Thanks a lot for your reply!!!

Under the car's bonnet there is a label that says ''6,2 lt 0W20
WSS-M2C952-A1''

I am afraid that i am going to put my car out of the 8 year warranty that Ford gives for my new car if something goes wrong with a different type of oil!!!

I wanted to use 5w30 but it is not recommended!!!

On 10/15/2021 at 4:22 PM, BigLen said:

if you have the space; you may get more selling it for parts, just keep it as a rolling chassis then to sell to the breakers when finished; considering it has the ST kit 

I think with the amount of work done on it and having documented it with pictures on my build thread on this forum I'm sure I can sell it for a good price and get a few hundred pounds on top from the headlights and wheels.

Dad bought a Citroen C1 for my sister then about 2 months ago a Peugeot 107 as it was in better condition to replace the Citroen. I think he'll give me the Peugeot to drive and my sister the Citroen

• Like 1

I don't like when you get home from work on a saturday evening; the weather is good and you have some car parts in storage that your planning to fit; so to maximise use of the evening you decide to fit an aftermarket head unit and possibly reverse camera (Weather Permitting) to your car. 

you piece everything together for an aftermarket head unit conversion on the kitchen table; 

1.thumb.jpg.363d0c5d2db047942d4ba0864f951773.jpg

remove the factory kit from the vehicle; 

IMG-20211016-WA0031.thumb.jpg.b2177b7017474334fa2f99b3896aa908.jpg

IMG-20211016-WA0006.thumb.jpg.b8fc5d1a748df9e47f77850b0eee2b16.jpg

change the fascia from factory to Double-Din. well in this particular case; I purchased a replacement section prior to adding the conversion as the original one is showing signs of wear, so the bit of effort here wasn't lost. 

anyway; changed from factory to Double-Din 

2.thumb.jpg.6c869f49d9ac5535743fecf87e49e901.jpg

get to this point now where its time to fit the factory to aftermarket steering control & iSO adaptor lead, 

when I realised; i don't have this conversion loom; 

s-l300.jpg.7c0e0240044a74ae995e5417c0eab7b1.jpg

so I've had to put the factory head unit back in to the car and refit the original dash section but with a replacement factory head unit surround; my finances are currently very well depleted following some recent events; combined with a two week lead time (no pun intended) it will be mid November before I will have this iso conversion loom in hand to be capable of successfully completing the aftermarket conversion upgrade.

luckily i found this out now though; rather than next spring which was the initial plan; I was stock piling  everything in recent times; with the intention of taking a week off from work in the spring to install everything across the week; luckily I discovered this lack of equipment now rather than during the week off as it would have really stifled morale and held up the process of many planned items. 

I'm convinced a lot of car people here can relate to this one. 

• Like 3

So on Friday I started my first ever night shift. Its 12 hour shifts so 7:30 to 8 in the morning.

Wasn't bad in the beginning of the shift as I'm fully awake compared to the early mornings on a day shift. It was only when it was getting up to midnight I started feeling it in my eyes and one nurse commented about them being red.

Took a 2 hour break (instead of an hour and a half 🙈) at 4 and went to the prayer room to have a nap there as it was empty. Only problem I had was it getting cold there. There was a heater they fitted on a wall but it wasn't powerful enough for the hot area to reach the floor plus after it would turn off after a few minutes leaving me cold 🤦.

Finished my shift and got home near to 8am and had a 3 hour sleep. During the day fell asleep again for 2 hours and my eyes just felt like they did during the shift.

Just starting my Sunday day shift so hopefully I don't feel horrible. Got another night shift tomorrow and Wednesday and Thursday back to back 😩

• Like 3

@zain611we're going through the whole nightshift thing with our son. He seems to be struggling a bit as well. 

He's just home now and had his fried breakfast/tea, will stay up until lunchtime, go to bed and get up about an hour before he goes to work again at 10pm, he'll have a shower and then eat a plate of what we had at teatime..... for his breakfast! 🤷

Tried getting him to change his meal routine for a start but he's a difficult boy to change 🙄

Good luck with the rest of your shifts 👍

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Turvey said:

@zain611we're going through the whole nightshift thing with our son. He seems to be struggling a bit as well. 

He's just home now and had his fried breakfast/tea, will stay up until lunchtime, go to bed and get up about an hour before he goes to work again at 10pm, he'll have a shower and then eat a plate of what we had at teatime..... for his breakfast! 🤷

Tried getting him to change his meal routine for a start but he's a difficult boy to change 🙄

i work five nights every third week; personally i find a high calorie meal before going to sleep really helps to sleep for longer; I too try to stay awake until around 12;00 or 13:00 prior to sleeping too. 

I'm not looking forward to my next week of nights; as things aren't going very well for me in life at the moment; and when your working nights; you begin to process everything in your mind; then when your on a lunch break where usually you could message that person; putting your thought or intentions at bay; well on nights there sleeping so you tend to find yourself overthinking things as they cant be fully dealt with or processed. 

• Like 1

I got stung yet again today by the Hyundai ix20 

having retrofitted a USB 3.0 Fast Charger in place of one of the front 12V socket outlets;

IMG-20210830-WA0036.thumb.jpg.f9062398f0371817a1a6da458492c28b.jpg

357494613_USB3.0Charger(11).thumb.jpg.791396e63fe80579cfd0638992d3793e.jpg

417031129_USB3.0Charger(17).thumb.jpg.8fb060f6fe89ca3a96db53b7b8578290.jpg281941893_USB3.0Charger(16).thumb.jpg.ce6557fabffc2b763ae9aeeac1f84d7c.jpg

I heat shrunk a mini fuse piggyback adaptor on to the positive and a ring terminal to the earth last night; 

1780893732_USB3.0Charger(18).thumb.jpg.cc14b4f46cd2a24329490c9b07562337.jpg

went to plug it in to the drivers side fuse board today and the fuse board isn't a mini its a low profile mini fuse 😖

good thing is though; the USB 3.0 lights up blue to match in with the rest of the dashboard illumination. 

although it wont be doing anything now until mid November since ill have to import a few low profile mini fuse adaptors, one to cover this installation and a few spare;

oh Lord! nothing is straight forward, although there's very few screws; its like a Honda in the sense everything clips in together. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 8:36 AM, Turvey said:

I think it takes time to get accustomed to it. Will be starting my next night shift soon at 7:30pm today 😩. Wednesday and Thursday too I have night shifts. 

I was speaking to a few colleagues and they say they go sleep from around 8 in the morning and wake up at 1-3 in the afternoon. Might try that.

When I was on my first shift on Friday I didn't eat anything during the night except had a bottle of water. Think that didn't help.

20 hours ago, BigLen said:

i work five nights every third week; personally i find a high calorie meal before going to sleep really helps to sleep for longer; I too try to stay awake until around 12;00 or 13:00 prior to sleeping too. 

I'm not looking forward to my next week of nights; as things aren't going very well for me in life at the moment; and when your working nights; you begin to process everything in your mind; then when your on a lunch break where usually you could message that person; putting your thought or intentions at bay; well on nights there sleeping so you tend to find yourself overthinking things as they cant be fully dealt with or processed. 

Can relate to you about the ruminating. I found with me though that working helps me not overthink as much. Generally when I'm stuck at home in my room I start to overthink about stuff which then makes my emotions play up.

Spending the best part of today trying to figure out why the upstairs heating works faultlessly and the downstairs won't ( Dual Thermostats) eventually found the culprit after removing and checking the actuators did work correctly in the first place. 

Could of saved hours of messing around if the previous owners had mentioned that they had a system installed to override the thermostats via wifi. Switched that off and bingo it all works correctly.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Wino said:

Spending the best part of today trying to figure out why the upstairs heating works faultlessly and the downstairs won't...

Look on the bright side, at least it took your mind off charging your car battery 🤣

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Wino said:

Spending the best part of today trying to figure out why the upstairs heating works faultlessly and the downstairs won't ( Dual Thermostats) eventually found the culprit after removing and checking the actuators did work correctly in the first place. 

Could of saved hours of messing around if the previous owners had mentioned that they had a system installed to override the thermostats via wifi. Switched that off and bingo it all works correctly.

Lucky diagnosis; the second diagnosis of that symptom would be a system full of sludge; which thankfully is not the case here.

1 hour ago, BigLen said:

Lucky diagnosis; the second diagnosis of that symptom would be a system full of sludge; which thankfully is not the case here.

I know the system has a sludge inhibitor addative as the same engineers have been servicing it since it was built (5yrs) as we used on our previous houses. 

It's due for service in January so I'll get him to remove the rest of the "Geo Cosy" infrastructure when he's here.

• Like 1

thats reminds me i need to clean out the heating sludge trap. not done it in 12 months or more!!!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wino said:

I know the system has a sludge inhibitor addative as the same engineers have been servicing it since it was built...

Mums heating also had a sludge inhibitor in it. Discovered this week that the main living room radiator has a large cold spot in it, caused by sludge! Cheapest way round is simply to replace the radiator...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I highly recommend a bottle of EndoTherm as featured in my home improvement thread 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/

It removes oxygen from the water increasing surface contact saves money on heating cost.

Aladdin automatic bleed valves are also well worth the money.

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Mums heating also had a sludge inhibitor in it. Discovered this week that the main living room radiator has a large cold spot in it, caused by sludge! Cheapest way round is simply to replace the radiator...

Does the system gets flushed when you have your service

Always have ours flushed and drained then filled up including the additive. Never had cold spots within a radiator. Hope it's nothing more sinister and you get it sorted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

If you're going to be taking the radiator out, why not just remove it and flush it out with a hose and replace it? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Turvey said:

If you're going to be taking the radiator out, why not just remove it and flush it out with a hose and replace it? 

There's no need to remove any really providing you have a valve to flush the system to begin with.

I don't like that another friend and colleague passed away on Friday evening after his battle with cancer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

20 hours ago, Zico said:

I don't like that another friend and colleague passed away on Friday evening after his battle with cancer.

Sorry to see that. Hasn't been a good year for us both. Lost several family members this year to covid or related plus my gran last month to Cancer. 

At this point I'm just trying to adopt stoicism.

• Sad 2

The thing i do not like this period, is the increasing number of global deaths due to corona...

I hate listening of dying youngest and youngest people every day due to corona in the whole world!!!

It is so unfair with the science so advanced to all kinds of infections and all the kinds of human's diseases, people to die so easy and with not the presence of their beloveds nearby them...

I hope god will show mercy to all humanity and save us from that *****!!!

Good night everybody in the whole world that we have the same hour (Greece 00:54) right now!!!

Be strong and healthy all of us!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Alexis94040 said:

I hate listening of dying youngest and youngest people every day due to corona in the whole world!!!

Yes, that's bad Alexis. It seems that here in the UK the case numbers are also being driven up by younger people who have yet to be vaccinated.

You may have seen there is a thread running here where most of us seem to post our comments on vaccines and other Covid matters where you might like to post news of what is happening in your country.

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/121598-new-covid-vaccine-would-you-take-it/#comments

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club