Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

I don't like ripping a rear bumper off and smashing the rear lights on a works truck this morning! 馃槨

Reversing out of a gate like I've done literally hundreds of times and forgot about a height barrier support pole that's been there for years!聽

Looks worse than it is, just REALLY peed off with myself over it!聽

Before anyone asks, No, I won't be posting a photo.聽

• Sad 2

dont like being woken up early while on my mini break im tenerife. at 6am i was woken by a scratching sound , ignored it but after 10 mins the scratching turned to banging. it was coming from my hotel聽 room door. i thought some drunk got the wrong room. opened the door and was about to say go away/wrong room.聽

but opened the door and a very naked twenty something girl pushed past me and into the bathroom. she sat in the bath. wasnt coherant at all. i said she in the wrong room . nothing. asked what room she should be in. nothing. left her in bath and rang reception to take her away.聽

once i did that she had got back up and was going back out into the corridor. i asked her if she knew what room she was from then she knew. saw her boyfriend looking for her. phew!!聽

think she was sleep walking as she was aware of her souroundings afterwards. looked a bit embarased with one of my towels around her.聽

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I don't like having reached an age where I can't read fine print/small detail...and can't seem to 'pinch & zoom' real life. :unsure:

Looking for a cheap magnifying glass on eBay and came across some that look like a credit card.聽 Do they work?聽 Or do you really need the glass thickness to get a clear, magnified image?

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like having reached an age where I can't read fine print/small detail...and can't seem to 'pinch & zoom' real life. :unsure:

Looking for a cheap magnifying glass on eBay and came across some that look like a credit card.聽 Do they work?聽 Or do you really need the glass thickness to get a clear, magnified image?

Tom, they are OK if you want to keep an 'emergency' one in your wallet, however, in a home environment, go for a big proper one, preferably one with an additional cyclops section in it for real close up., I have 4 x scattered around the place LOL

628941990_magnifyingglass.thumb.jpg.72771d74d7bc7d0d90d8ea3cd32e284f.jpg

• Thanks 1

Managed to do my back in (trapped disc) so the ST is going to remain filthy for another week聽:crybaby:

At least the 310R is clean and tucked up for the winter in the garage.

@TomsFocuswhat were you saying about reaching an age?聽:ranting:

• Sad 2

44 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You would be in good company with my 95yr old mother.She uses one for the daily newspaper and thinks it鈥檚 great馃憤

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I have 4 x scattered around the place LOL

Now, why doesn't that surprise me! :biggrin:聽 Can't seem to find any with the cyclops on eBay but will buy a proper one instead of the card type. :smile:

1 hour ago, williamweb said:

You would be in good company with my 95yr old mother.She uses one for the daily newspaper and thinks it鈥檚 great馃憤

My Nan used to use one everyday as well. Same one for at least 25 years!聽

• Like 1

You could always take a picture of the fine print, then pinch and zoom that...聽

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Now, why doesn't that surprise me! :biggrin:聽 Can't seem to find any with the cyclops on ebay but will buy a proper one instead of the card type. :smile:

My Nan used to use one everyday as well. Same one for at least 25 years!聽

Get your eyes tested is a good point said.You might be consuming too much sugar.Just a thought 馃憤

Or not consuming enough carrots maybe? :biggrin:

I do need an eye test but it's just not possible at the moment.聽 Other mental & physical health issues have rendered me basically housebound for the last few months, as well as unable to deal with people at all, so a home visit isn't possible either.聽 Starting to manage a short walk, alone, outside again this month but right now I have no idea whether I'll be able to drive again, or deal with people, let alone do both of those together!聽聽

Ironically, I was refused mental treatment in late 2019, when I desperately needed it in order to have the physical issues sorted before they got any worse.聽 聽Was refused partly because 'you obviously can't be that bad if you can drive'... :rolleyes:聽 Now I'm refused treatment for everything because I can't get anywhere.聽 Couldn't make it up really but that's the way it is unfortunately.聽 :unsure:

• Sad 4

I don't like having to stay home an extra day! Was meant to be going away today for a couple of nights down to Inverness but weather conditions dictated otherwise!

Lost a nights Airbnb as well 馃檮馃し

Ah well, duvet day it is then 馃榾

Screenshot_20211107-110439.png

3 minutes ago, Turvey said:

down to Inverness

There are very few people in the UK who could say 'down to Inverness' and be correct !!! 馃ぃ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, unofix said:

There are very few people in the UK who could say 'down to Inverness' and be correct !!! 馃ぃ

Yep, I have thought that before! 馃榾

I even think sometimes whenever I mention Inverness how many folk Google it to see where it is! 馃

• Like 1

For a number of years I used to service/repair the electronics on oilrig supply ships in Aberdeen, sometimes there and back in a day. Only 7 hours each way. Then one day I had to sail with the ship from Aberdeen to Inverness.聽 I didn't know it was possible to go that far north without falling off the edge of the world 馃ぃ

• Haha 4

I really do not like people who turn left, initially taking a swerve right so they can get a seemingly better angle! Modern car steering lock can easily handle a 90 degree turn without bumping a wheel on the kerb, really p*sses me off!

• Like 3

It's probably been covered before, but I really hate people that don't indicate at a roundabout. You're sitting there waiting to go, and people who you think are going straight on are actually turning left, but you don't know because they are too damn selfish to care about anyone but themselves. Really boils my p*ss 馃槀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevesixty7 said:

but I really hate people that don't indicate at a roundabout

So what you're saying is you don't like BMW's聽馃ぃ

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, unofix said:

So what you're saying is you don't like BMW's聽馃ぃ

You can add Audi to that list too聽馃槈

• Haha 2

Is it just me (yes I hear everybody say) or is there something wrong with the being able to (a) quote people,聽 and聽 (b) on older quotes being able to see who the original poster was ?

Is it just me (yes I hear everybody say) or is there something wrong with the being able to (a) quote people,聽 and聽 (b) on older quotes being able to see who the original poster was ?

Well I can quote...聽 But it does appear to have lost the name.

Thats intresting Tom. At least you have part of the problem I have.

When I try to highlight text to quote, I no longer get the "Quote" box as I used to. Now all I get is a tiny small black box with what looks like an even smaller white line inside. Clicking on it does nothing.

My computer is running Windows 7 and Firefox

Well I can quote...聽 But it does appear to have lost the name.

Oh, yes, it does seem to have lost the 'name', odd that...

• Confused 1

Thats intresting Tom. At least you have part of the problem I have.

When I try to highlight text to quote, I no longer get the "Quote" box as I used to. Now all I get is a tiny small black box with what looks like an even smaller white line inside. Clicking on it does nothing.

My computer is running Windows 7 and Firefox

I'm on Windows 10 & Edge.聽 However it could be partly a browser issue.聽 I tried to access the forum on a new (to me) Windows 8 laptop yesterday but couldn't...ebay & some other sites worked fine though.聽 In the end I downloaded Chrome and it worked fine so this forum must be particularly sensitive to browsers.

Hi Stephen, but it does seem that you can still quote.

That function is no longer working for me

• Sad 1