Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Hi Stephen, but it does seem that you can still quote.

That function is no longer working for me

mmm. 

@iantt so you can still quote !!

Not sure whats going on this morning. All the names of the posters have gone from the top of quotes as well as me not being able to use the quote function.

Not sure whats going on this morning.

I can still partial quote, but it was not as usual, I got a little arrow, and had to put the mouse over a tiny dash in the middle to activate.

Also the names above the quotes are missing normally, but re-appear if I turn off scripting, so they are still there in the underlying code. Though quoting is a scripted function it seems, & not much actually works with scripting off.

So it must be a generic site problem. I checked on another page also.

• Like 1

I have just had a message back from Trevor in FOC admin.

I always like the idea if it's not broke - don't fix it !!

Hi unofix,
Ford Owners' Club has replied to your support request.

Re: Quote function not working. Names of posters missing from quotes

Hi

We have looked into this issue and it is because of an update that the black box now appears.
This acts as a quote button for selected (highlighted) text.

Additionally, the quote button at the bottom still works fine and selects all of the text in the quote box.

Are you using a mobile phone or desktop for accessing the forums?

Best Regards,   Trevor (admin)

When I try to highlight text to quote, I no longer get the "Quote" box as I used to. Now all I get is a tiny small black box with what looks like an even smaller white line inside. Clicking on it does nothing.

OMG!!  I've only just realised this a feature!!  (Clicking the white line does work for me).  I've been clicking on 'full quote' and deleting parts all this time!! :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

OMG!!  I've only just realised this a feature!!  (Clicking the white line does work for me).  I've been clicking on 'full quote' and deleting parts all this time!! :laugh: 

I get no 'box' or white lines - I'm using a laptop. Wonder if the FOC admin guy knows about this burgeoning thread, or does he think that Unofix was just making a nuisance of himself LOL I thought the whole point of a 'quote' was to get a continuation of the conversation, referencing your own response?

• Like 2

Yes, I can quote using the black box thing but there seems no way of showing who you're quoting, unless you quote an entire post and then delete the bits you don't want, as Tom mentions. Seems a bit of a retrograde step.

Another charming quirk of the 'upgrade', is now when you get a notification box on the thread you are viewing, it is now 'blank' LOL Someone in FOC HQ needs to switch the computer off, and switch it back on again!

718562654_blanknotification.thumb.jpg.5fa2a5b6698561db19211ab972df820c.jpg

• Like 1

@iantt so you can still quote !!

Not sure whats going on this morning. All the names of the posters have gone from the top of quotes as well as me not being able to use the quote function.

perhaps you reached your quota for the month. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

perhaps you reached your quota for the month

Just managed to get the quote to work again !!!!!

I have to hover my cursor over the stupid tiny little black box and then just to P++s me off a bit more I then have to get the cursor exactly over the even smaller teeny tiny white line and get the cursor to change from an arrow to a hand !!!

To quote Victor Meldrew "what in the name of God were they thinking"

I notice we now have spell check as we type - one small improvement and two steps back

blank.JPG

Just managed to get the quote to work again !!!!!

I have no idea what you're talking about! I see no 'black box' ggrrr.......

I see no 'black box' ggrrr.......

your not missing much. To say its a ******************* would be an understatement.

black box.JPG

• Haha 1

I see no 'black box' ggrrr.......

Gotta get up, gotta get up, gotta get up, woah, oh, oh...

• Haha 2

Gotta get up, gotta get up, gotta get up, woah, oh, oh...

Dam you Tom, I now can't get that dam song out of my head 🤣

• Haha 2

Oh, yes, it does seem to have lost the 'name', odd that...

The name is also missing when using the Phone too. 

I'm still blaming the French.....summat Fishy going on here...

• Haha 2

Dam you Tom, I now can't get that dam song out of my head 🤣

What, this one?😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What, this one?😀

I hate you all!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

What, this one?😀

Brings back memories oh and anyone remember the Djs names ( odd names IIRC) who hosted the then New Atlantic 252 radio station. They played this literally every 5 minutes.

That takes me back. It's one of those, I like it but I don't if you know what I mean 🤣

I don't like driving home from work and having some inpatient driver scraping the side of my car. His car came off a lot worse than mine though.

IMG_20211112_165934.jpg

• Sad 3

Black Friday

Don't UK retailers realise that this is a specific American holiday to kick start the Christmas retail gorge the day following Thanksgiving (always the 4th Thursday in November)! We do NOT celebrate Thanksgiving here so the whole event for us is a nonsense...  Is it compulsory for us to import every bit of cr*p American culture??

• Like 3

15 hours ago, StephenFord said:

import every bit of cr*p American culture??

Boris Johnson is to step down and make way for an older man ..... Joe Biden is looking forward to prime minister's nap time when he takes over 🤣

• Haha 1

Really!! Welcome screen on ford owner's club showing an article with this photo. Time to cancel my subscription!! A smug overpaid git plugging in his £50k mache e. 

Screenshot_20211114-090536.png

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

A smug overpaid git plugging in his £50k mache e. 

He'll not look so smug when he sells it in 3 years time and gets less than half the price he paid for it 🤣

• Haha 2

This is the first I'm hearing that anyone actually looks at the welcome screen on any forum...  :laugh: 

Surely that's a stock photo anyway, poor guy probably drove there in his battered Corsa C just to hold an electric plug and smile like he's got wind for minimum wage... 

• Haha 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club