Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

3 hours ago, unofix said:

He'll not look so smug when he sells it in 3 years time and gets less than half the price he paid for it 馃ぃ

That's the same with nearly all new cars( in normal times I add before getting posts that used cars are increasing in value)聽

Not so smug when he realises the price of electric has shot up and now the running costs don't quite add up as well as he's been told.

Not so smug when .......... Oops, been聽 Sworn to secrecy so can say why in this one.聽

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, iantt said:

That's the same with nearly all new cars

In 1982 I bought a brand new Fiesta XR2 for 拢4995, 2 years later I sold it for 拢4995 - it's the only car I have never lost money on!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iantt said:

Really!! Welcome screen on ford owner's club showing an article with this photo. Time to cancel my subscription!!

Did you read the article? Where did they find the people they surveyed for the article they mentioned?

Doesn't look that smug to me. Looks more like an evil grin, as if to say "ok, Mr Neighbour I don't like, let's see what happens when I unplug your electric car!". But maybe that's just me

3 minutes ago, erictcleric said:

when I unplug your electric car

that's something I've often wondered. Can you just unplug the car when its on charge or is the plug locked in place ?

4 hours ago, unofix said:

that's something I've often wondered. Can you just unplug the car when its on charge or is the plug locked in place ?

There's probably some regulation governing it now, but I believe on current (no pun) vehicles the plug is "locked" while the car is charging and in "park" and can only be "unlocked" from inside the vehicle. I guess otherwise some evil people might go round unplugging them for fun.聽

I have lots of EV questions myself, I really must try one if only out of curiosity. Anyone know of a hire car firm like Hertz etc doing EVs for daily or weekly hire?

6 hours ago, unofix said:

It's locked in place if you lock the car.聽

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I have lots of EV questions myself, I really must try one if only out of curiosity. Anyone know of a hire car firm like Hertz etc doing EVs for daily or weekly hire?

Ford are currently offering 24 hour test drives...though I don't think the Mach-e is included in that!

I've been looking at the Leaf lately...about the only EV of Focus size and doesn't have an iPad above the dash...聽 But the wiper and light stalks are backwards... :unsure:

I'd also forgotten the Mk7.5 Golf came as a full EV 'e' version.聽 Seems to use a single speed gearbox rather than a DSG so might be smooth enough for me...still cost about 10% more than an equivalent 2.0 TDI.

• Like 1

Supprised if most dealers have a mach e to demonstrate. Think there in short supply at the moment.聽

I haven't been on since October,

Haven't been myself atall since 1st November

My focus is now belonging to my wife,聽

original_file_lock.jpg.4ae37be94a05fefc94ac0d53bd3bbd61.jpg.b5b5150f4188296a172c7cd449f2ba1c.jpg

IMG-20211031-WA0006.thumb.jpg.2e4b9149c7d9c4af2160e952e9b4f897.jpg

And my wife is now single living 78miles away in her mother's along with our three children and I'm living with the dog aswell as paying the mortgage,聽

The world is not the same place without my family and I can't even go shopping as I don't feel I'm worth anything;聽

She's moving there school in December,聽

My chest is gone; it's like someone got an ice-cream scoop and removed my torso, were together twenty years, now she can't handle it and left while I was at work; I came home and half the house was gone and wouldn't tell me where she or the kids were,聽

IMG-20211106-WA0008.thumb.jpg.2f7f22d1b5277bf00c67e750cd2191f7.jpg

Thats after I had paid 1200 for her surprise 40th birthday party taking place last weekend and gave her 1400 cash for counseling sessions, doesn't need sessions now apparently; she's solved the problem,聽

l will try to get Lenny back, so much is gone, the living room project thread, the focus, my kids, my beautiful wife left with silence in the home where my three kids were born, learned to walk and I put everything in to this house to make it there home, I go places we always went together; but nobody is there now just me,聽

I have kids every weekend now which is really great, were going to do grocery shopping on Saturdays now so I don't feel lonely and it's something I can't do alone as I don't feel hungry,聽

I eat once per day now, pot noodles or a slice of toast,聽

I'm not half the man I used to be,聽

But I'll try get back some day, have a load of bits here to fit to the Hyundai ix20 but I've got no motivation or energy anymore,聽

Im still working; six days weekly, had to take six days off to regain composure as I was completely broken and in shock,聽

I'll get there though, took we two weeks to get to this point.

Talk soon everyone and take care,聽

• Sad 8

6 minutes ago, BigLen said:

I haven't been on since October,聽

Haven't been myself atall since 1st November

My focus is now belonging to my wife,聽

And my wife is now single living 78miles away in her mother's along with our three children and I'm living with the dog aswell as paying the mortgage,聽

The world is not the same place without my family and I can't even go shopping as I don't feel I'm worth anything;聽

She's moving there school in December,聽

My chest is gone; it's like someone got an ice-cream scoop and removed my torso, were together twenty years, now she can't handle it and left while I was at work; I came home and half the house was gone and wouldn't tell me where she or the kids were,聽

Thats after I had paid 1200 for her surprise 40th birthday party taking place last weekend and gave her 1400 cash for counseling sessions, doesn't need sessions now apparently; she's solved the problem,聽

l will try to get Lenny back, so much is gone, the living room project thread, the focus, my kids, my beautiful wife left with silence in the home where my three kids were born, learned to walk and I put everything in to this house to make it there home, I go places we always went together; but nobody is there now just me,聽

I have kids every weekend now which is really great, were going to do grocery shopping on Saturdays now so I don't feel lonely and it's something I can't do alone as I don't feel hungry,聽

I eat once per day now, pot noodles or a slice of toast,聽

I'm not half the man I used to be,聽

But I'll try get back some day, have a load of bits here to fit to the Hyundai ix20 but I've got no motivation or energy anymore,聽

Im still working; six days weekly, had to take six days off to regain composure as I was completely broken and in shock,聽

I'll get there though, took we two weeks to get to this point.

Talk soon everyone and take care,聽

Sorry to hear this @BigLen聽. Its not a nice thing to go through. Keep your chin up through these rough times and remember we are here for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So very sorry, I can truly say I know how you feel. In the last couple of years I have gone through similar. That's why I spend so much time here at FOC. Motivation to do things like projects on the house is hard when there isn't anyone to share with.

I'm fortunate my daughter is grown up and sees me a few times each week, which keeps me going. I promised myself to get back in to work in January which I think will help me.

Just take a day at a time, but you must eat, I know it's easy not to when you're by yourself but don't run the risk of adding health complications on top of other problems. I wish you well, and try to remain positive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, unofix said:

So very sorry, I can truly say I know how you feel. In the last couple of years I have gone through similar. That's why I spend so much time here at FOC. Motivation to do things like projects on the house is hard when there isn't anyone to share with.

I'm fortunate my daughter is grown up and sees me a few times each week, which keeps me going. I promised myself to get back in to work in January which I think will help me.

Just take a day at a time, but you must eat, I know it's easy not to when you're by yourself but don't run the risk of adding health complications on top of other problems. I wish you well, and try to remain positive.

Thanks very much,聽

Our eldest daughter is 15 and she still cares too; although she has taken my jumper to wear at night and my wool 3M beanie hat to wear all day,聽

She stays in the focus in protest to return to me, she helped cut my hair last weekend too and left post-it notes hidden around the house saying love you dad, which was really nice,聽

I can't do grocery shopping and see father's with there kids, breaks my heart, but as long as I have mine at the weekend we can go shopping then and it won't feel so bad,聽

I want to get back to the Leonard that was 20 years ago, she might want me then again if I'm a waist 32 again instead of a 38,聽

聽Walking the dog daily and fighting off the depression, I'm amazed at how powerful this has been on my life, I was always resilient to things always got on with it, but this has picked me up and thrown me against a concrete wall,聽

Ive lost so much in a short time, she was absolutely everything,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigLen said:

Thanks very much,聽

Our eldest daughter is 15 and she still cares too; although she has taken my jumper to wear at night and my wool 3M beanie hat to wear all day,聽

She stays in the focus in protest to return to me, she helped cut my hair last weekend too and left post-it notes hidden around the house saying love you dad, which was really nice,聽

I can't do grocery shopping and see father's with there kids, breaks my heart, but as long as I have mine at the weekend we can go shopping then and it won't feel so bad,聽

I want to get back to the Leonard that was 20 years ago, she might want me then again if I'm a waist 32 again instead of a 38,聽

聽Walking the dog daily and fighting off the depression, I'm amazed at how powerful this has been on my life, I was always resilient to things always got on with it, but this has picked me up and thrown me against a concrete wall,聽

Ive lost so much in a short time, she was absolutely everything,

Only know you through reading some of your posts.Hopefully you and your family can sort it all out and have a reconciliation in the not too distant future.Good Luck馃崁 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽

• Thanks 1

Spell check in American !!!

Trying to work out if it is my PC or is it the FOC site. Now when I type a message there seems to be spell check which we didn't use to have, and for me who can't spell that's a good thing.

However, I'm getting a bit fed up of it wanting to replace 's' with 'z' in many words, been told that there is no 'u' in colour, or for that matter in labour either, and don't get me started on the spelling of tyres ! 馃え

9 minutes ago, unofix said:

Spell check in American !!!

Trying to work out if it is my PC or is it the FOC site. Now when I type a message there seems to be spell check which we didn't use to have, and for me who can't spell that's a good thing.

However, I'm getting a bit fed up of it wanting to replace 's' with 'z' in many words, been told that there is no 'u' in colour, or for that matter in labour either, and don't get me started on the spelling of tyres ! 馃え

I reckon it's your browser.聽 My spellcheck is in UK English on here.聽

Even gives me the option to 'translate to English' if I write color... :laugh:

• Thanks 1

Thanks Tom, I did wonder if it was my browser which I've already checked and its set to English (UK).

I might try setting it to one of the other English settings and see if that makes a difference

• Like 1

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Thanks Tom, I did wonder if it was my browser which I've already checked and its set to English (UK).

I might try setting it to one of the other English settings and see if that makes a difference

My browser is also set to UK English, though it does often throw up the odd americanism, and often tries to persuade me to replace an 's' with a 'z'! For goodness sake, they can't even spell colour LOL

• Haha 1

Love coming home after a 3 hour bike ride on the hills and drinking a coffee with cream knowing I鈥檝e a roast dinner in a hours time馃憤

13 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Love coming home after a 3 hour bike ride on the hills and drinking a coffee with cream knowing I鈥檝e a roast dinner in a hours time馃憤

mmm... 'Things I don't like'?? LOL

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

mmm... 'Things I don't like'?? LOL

Ha ha obviously the bike ride was harder than I thought 馃憤

• Haha 2

Hate it when something pops up on the IC that I've not seen before. Just about to start the car when I noticed a little picture of a fuel pump with 3 arrows ? next to it. Not seen it before and its gone away now.

Fuel Light.JPG

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Not good, that is the Water in Fuel warning. I don't know if the filter has a drain point on your engine and whether there is a hand pump as well.

• Thanks 1

Thanks John. I suspected it was going to be something like that. I had reverse parked in a bay that was at a very steep angle so the back of the car was much higher than the front. Once the car was back on level ground the light went off.

You will notice the fuel tank is full, only filled up yesterday and traveled 58 mile since.

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Thanks John. I suspected it was going to be something like that. I had reverse parked in a bay that was at a very steep angle so the back of the car was much higher than the front. Once the car was back on level ground the light went off.

Strange, the sensor for these is normally just a simple one built into the Diesel Filter with the contacts at the base obviously.

I kept my Rover until it was 17 and used to drain the filter every year but never saw any trace of water. Same with my Focus, I changed the filter every 2 years and always emptied it to check for water and never found any in the 10 years that I had it.聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club