Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

Just now, StephenFord said:

Not only banned, but you'll have the indignity of having to hand back your Ford OC car sticker LOL 馃ぃ

Electric..... Oops, gone to far now. I had better say no more.聽

Still got fiesta on the drive and daughters fiesta when she visits. Can I stay??聽

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Will I get banned from the forum?聽

YES !!

next question ... 馃ぃ

I don't like getting a letter from HMRC yesterday demanding 拢160 for Tax Credits overpayment! 馃檮

We knew we were going to have to pay back something at sometime but it's the tone of the letter that irks. It's nearly reads as if it's our fault and we HAVE to pay it back within 30 days or they could hand it over to a debt collector!聽

I'll maybe phone them and offer 拢1 a week! 馃槃

I hate Ford dealerships I took mine for its first MOT today at a Ford dealership where i got and it passed so I collected the car聽 and drove away and I turned on the radio and it was on a different station I listen to and my phone is connected to the radio and it said add device and it was working when it went in and could not get it to work so I left it and got it working after some time I phoned them and they said I must have touched something on the radio the only thing I pressed is the on/off button.

Car broke down again today, luckily on my drive after I got home. 馃槩馃槩

At least I fixed聽 my partner's fiesta which broke down last week.聽

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, N Hopes said:

I hate Ford dealerships I took mine for its first MOT today at a Ford dealership where i got and it passed so I collected the car聽 and drove away and I turned on the radio and it was on a different station I listen to and my phone is connected to the radio and it said add device and it was working when it went in and could not get it to work so I left it and got it working after some time I phoned them and they said I must have touched something on the radio the only thing I pressed is the on/off button.

Another reason why I don't like main dealers.聽

I'm almost at the point of not wanting to take mine in for its recall.

They want it at 9am dealers is 17miles away so it means prime time traffic. No courtesy car and they reckon its going to take most of day as I've added a few other bits on that need looking at.

Really considering cancelling it atm.

I HATE E-CARS!!!!

LONG LIVE DIESEL ENGINES!!!

I'm really hoping hydrogen will be the go to replacement for diesel engines in industry (electric doesn't work so well with heavy vehicles). That will then mean a hydrogen infrastructure is in place and car makers can do hydrogen ICE for their enthusiast cars.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I'm really hoping hydrogen will be the go to replacement for diesel engines in industry (electric doesn't work so well with heavy vehicles). That will then mean a hydrogen infrastructure is in place and car makers can do hydrogen ICE for their enthusiast cars.

Yeah, me too! There is hope it seems:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/toyota-gr-yaris-h2-hydrogen-fuelled-hot-hatchback

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Interesting that Toyota seem quite skeptical of battery being the future of the car seeing as they introduced the 1st mainstream one in the Prius, maybe they know something we don't! Or maybe we do know it and they simply agree! LOL

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Interesting that Toyota seem quite skeptical of battery being the future of the car seeing as they introduced the 1st mainstream one in the Prius, maybe they know something we don't! Or maybe we do know it and they simply agree! LOL

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107074749000?atmobcid=soc3

• Like 1

The list of hydrogen refuelling stations in the UK @ April 2021

1. HyFive 2, Rainham, Essex (RM13 8EU)
2. Sainsbury's, Hendon, London (NW9 6JX)
3. Hatton Cross, London (TW6 2GE)
4. HyFive 1, Teddington, Surrey (TW11 0LY)
5. HyFive 3, M25 Cobham Services, Surrey (KT11 3JS)
6. M40 Beaconsfield Services, Buckinghamshire (HP9 2SE)
7. Honda Manufacturing, Swindon, Wiltshire (SN3 4QS)
8. University of South Wales, Glyntaff, Pontypridd, Wales (CF37 4BD)
9. University of South Wales, Bagran, Port Talbot, Wales (SA12 7AX)
10. Coventry University, West Midlands (CV1 2HG)
11. University of Birmingham, West Midlands (B15 2FG)
12. ITM Power, Rotherham, South Yorkshire (S60 5WG
13. Aberdeen Council, BOC Hydrogen Refuelling, Powis Terrace, Aberdeen (AB25 3PY)
14. Aberdeen
Hydrogen Centre, Langdykes Road, City of Aberdeen (AB12 3FT)

I might wait till the new year, before I rush out and buy a hydrogen powered car 馃

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

I might wait till the new year, before I rush out and buy a hydrogen powered car 馃

Yes, but you could full it up in 5 minutes just like you can now with your fossil fuel vehicle. If the infrastructure was there, and we already have a huge infrastructure of fuel stations in the UK. Sitll a far better bet for the future than the potential mess of battery charges littered around the place getting vandalised, whereas few petrol pumps get vandalised.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, unofix said:

The list of hydrogen refuelling stations in the UK @ April 2021

1. HyFive 2, Rainham, Essex (RM13 8EU)
2. Sainsbury's, Hendon, London (NW9 6JX)
3. Hatton Cross, London (TW6 2GE)
4. HyFive 1, Teddington, Surrey (TW11 0LY)
5. HyFive 3, M25 Cobham Services, Surrey (KT11 3JS)
6. M40 Beaconsfield Services, Buckinghamshire (HP9 2SE)
7. Honda Manufacturing, Swindon, Wiltshire (SN3 4QS)
8. University of South Wales, Glyntaff, Pontypridd, Wales (CF37 4BD)
9. University of South Wales, Bagran, Port Talbot, Wales (SA12 7AX)
10. Coventry University, West Midlands (CV1 2HG)
11. University of Birmingham, West Midlands (B15 2FG)
12. ITM Power, Rotherham, South Yorkshire (S60 5WG
13. Aberdeen Council, BOC Hydrogen Refuelling, Powis Terrace, Aberdeen (AB25 3PY)
14. Aberdeen
Hydrogen Centre, Langdykes Road, City of Aberdeen (AB12 3FT)

We've got a hydrogen refuelling bit up here but only for council vehicles I think. Quite an ingenious set-up I think, the hydrogen is manufactured using excess electricity from a community owned wind turbine on one of the islands and shipped over.

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Yes, but you could full it up in 5 minutes just like you can now with your fossil fuel vehicle.聽

Took a wee bit longer than 5 minutes but still quicker than waiting for a battery to charge.

4 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Took a wee bit longer than 5 minutes but still quicker than waiting for a battery to charge.

According to Toyota, it takes between 3-5 minutes LOL

https://www.toyota-europe.com/world-of-toyota/electrified/fuel-cell/how-do-i-charge-a-hydrogen-car

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

According to Toyota, it takes between 3-5 minutes LOL

Gives you time to have a cigarette while your waiting 馃ぃ

• Haha 2

hydrogen cars! what next , hydrogen airships?? germans allready had a go at that and didnt go so well.馃馃馃

• Haha 1

Just now, iantt said:

...germans allready had a go at that and didnt go so well.馃馃馃

Yep, they tried mandating FFP2 certified medical masks to be worn in public for a year, that didn't turn out too well either! LOL (sorry, couldn't resist!)

• Like 1

I wouldn't buy an electric car but I'm considering leasing one for a couple of years. Any problems, not my problem during or at the end of 2 years.聽

All raw materials for electric vehicle batteries will be totally exhausted by 2040.

• Thanks 1

Don't like a car leasing broker trying to pull a fast one on me when trying to lease a car. Got quote which I was happy with , then fill out all my details online. Got the ok and all I needed to do was digitally sign a finance form that was emailed to me ( twice in an hour for some reason)聽 . Was told to urgently sign and return asap .聽

Lucky I actually read the monthly amounts as they had been increased by exactly 拢100. When I questioned this , I didn't get a sorry and resend the original figures. Waffled me with some bullshit and they were in contact with the finance provider. Hour or so later the form was removed. Not heard any more.聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club