Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

On 1/18/2022 at 9:00 PM, unofix said:

£1.50 - That was November 2021 when my daughter got a tyre replaced on the Ecosport.

Free at our local council tip for up to 4 tyres

Thanks Dave.  Our local tip hasn't accepted tyres for over a decade!  I would guess your council is in the minority with that.  I wonder if they have a recycling scheme to use them for playground surfaces or something.

I'd be expecting to pay closer to a fiver each for tyre disposal at a garage here nowadays.

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Thanks Dave.  Our local tip hasn't accepted tyres for over a decade!

Guys, if any of you are looking rid of tires nearer the 12th July, I know a bloke LOL 🤣

8 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Guys, if any of you are looking rid of tires nearer the 12th July, I know a bloke LOL 🤣

Am I missing a conversation somewhere? 12th July ? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

I've done the roadside coffin passing with a school friend and thought of our mortality too. 

Suprised me investigating the school mates I had at school in my year class who I lost contact with, finding out how many who were no longer with us. Was a shock concidering I'm only 57. 

Thankfully I don't think there's any more that have passed on from my school years. I'm the same age as you as well, 57 in March. 

10 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Thankfully I don't think there's any more that have passed on from my school years. I'm the same age as you as well, 57 in March. 

Latest school friend died from COVID. Fortunately he was a funeral director so he  must have had that funeral for free. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Lol, I didn't know about that either!  Our fires tend to be on November 5th... :unsure: 

The high tyre disposal cost means many are used to decorate the edges of rural rounds here. :sad:  I couldn't afford to have it disposed of back in 2018...literally had a £10 note and drove around 5 different places trying to get the tyre fitted for that.  One place wanted to charge £30, just for fitting, balancing & disposal!  Back in 2010 I remember getting pairs of tyres fitted, balanced and disposed for a tenner the pair...  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

The high tyre disposal cost means many are used to decorate the edges of rural rounds here.

Just re-checked this morning and Durham County Council have increased FREE tyre disposal for private individuals from 4 to 5. Apparently they have found this to be far more cost effective and environmentally friendly than having tyres thrown all over the place and just dumped, which the council then have to clear up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Just re-checked this morning and Durham County Council have increased FREE tyre disposal for private individuals from 4 to 5. Apparently they have found this to be far more cost effective and environmentally friendly than having tyres thrown all over the place and just dumped, which the council then have to clear up.

Seems like a very sensible idea...this is from Suffolk Council...  Virtually encouraging fly tipping of tyres, paint and car parts! :sad: 

You cannot dispose tyres at any Suffolk Recycling Centre.

You need to dispose of car parts and components through a garage or licensed scrap dealer.

Solvent-based paints or large quantities of paint can only be disposed of through the hazardous waste collection service

• Sad 1

I think I paid £20 for disposing 4 wheels with tyres at a recycling centre in Somerset.

• Thanks 1

I don't understand what is going on with drivers these days. There must be a new batch of drivers getting on the roads due to COVID and Anti-public transport. People have no effing clue how to drive!

These are what happened today :

-On the A13, driver is on right land going at 30mph while speed limit is 50 mph. I flashed twice and horned and nothing! In the end, I squeezed into the middle lane when there was space, floored it and then overtook her and came back to the right lane.

- On a 2-way road where there are dropped kerbs and parked cars on each side, I am 75% down a road and a woman turns in from another road, goes past the van she could have parked behind and then wants me to reverse and go up the kerb on my side. I did as my mate was waiting for me at my home and the ***** shows me the finger while going through! Should have just shut my engine and waited.

-On a 30mph road, driver in front kept going at 20mph and then suddenly decides to stop and then indicates left to park on the road.

Part 1, Just because the speed limit is 50mph it doesn't mean you have to travel at the maximum speed. The car that was in front of you may of had an issue and as was driving slower for a genuine reason.

Have you thought of going on a driver retrain course or perhaps some mediation to learn how to chill and relax whilst driving ? 

2nd part. Yeah there's always someone else less impatient as yourself ( worth remembering).

3rd part, re-read part 1.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OilSheikh said:

On a 30mph road, driver in front kept going at 20mph and then suddenly decides to stop and then indicates left to park on the road.

What’s the problem when you’re keeping your distance.

I don't like how Facebook (Faceache) has changed the security on accounts to make it even harder to prove it is you trying to log in. 

I tried logging in on a new device and it locked me out. When I reset the password and went to log in, it told me I needed to verify the log in from a device I had recently been logged in on. The problem is, when you try that it locks you out of wherever you have been logged in before so the system is pointless. 
Then it tells you to call 3 friends based on tags to get them to send you a code. 
The problem with that is out of the ones it chose, I don't see them or have their numbers so the circle begins again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like how Facebook (Faceache) has changed the security on accounts to make it even harder to prove it is you trying to log in. 

I tried logging in on a new device and it locked me out. When I reset the password and went to log in, it told me I needed to verify the log in from a device I had recently been logged in on. The problem is, when you try that it locks you out of wherever you have been logged in before so the system is pointless. 
Then it tells you to call 3 friends based on tags to get them to send you a code. 
The problem with that is out of the ones it chose, I don't see them or have their numbers so the circle begins again. 

Easy , don't bother with face book or have friends. I've done both.🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got to hope FB doesn't lock me out then.  I'd never get back in!! :laugh:  Not bothered by FB itself but I use Messenger regularly.

In a similar vane, one of my bank accounts has recently stepped up card security online...now requiring 2 step verification for any online purchase, no matter how small.  Only options are text or call, no email.

The text is fine when already using phone to buy something online.  But a complete pain for the 95% of the time I want to buy anything as I'm generally on the laptop without my phone to hand.  

I don't know if they're all going to go that way as I might switch again if not!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

In a similar vane, one of my bank accounts has recently stepped up card security online...now requiring 2 step verification for any online purchase, no matter how small.  Only options are text or call, no email.

In the same vein, Subway app yesterday (the sandwich shop) on opening it to get my card to scan for lunch, insisted on sending a verification email to me. I don't do 'email' on my phone, so we chose to eat elsewhere - probably not the effect they wanted on a loyalty app LOL

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't know if they're all going to go that way as I might switch again if not!

They don't all do that. My one allows you to set up alerts for purchases over a certain amount and for any ones outside the UK, which is very useful but neither of them are compulsory.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tizer said:

They don't all do that. My one allows you to set up alerts for purchases over a certain amount and for any ones outside the UK, which is very useful but neither of them are compulsory.

I know they don't currently all do it as I have another account that I use occasionally.  But it seems like online security is in increasing everywhere at the moment so wondered if the other banks will follow suit over the next 6 months or so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wino said:

Part 1, Just because the speed limit is 50mph it doesn't mean you have to travel at the maximum speed. The car that was in front of you may of had an issue and as was driving slower for a genuine reason.

Have you thought of going on a driver retrain course or perhaps some mediation to learn how to chill and relax whilst driving ? 

2nd part. Yeah there's always someone else less impatient as yourself ( worth remembering).

3rd part, re-read part 1.

So if someone has an issue, either with the car or themselves it’s ok to just slow down and carry on in the outside lane and not bother to signal this using the hazard lights? Anyone that has an issue with this should seek retraining and or therapy, good to know, thanks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I know they don't currently all do it as I have another account that I use occasionally.  But it seems like online security is in increasing everywhere at the moment so wondered if the other banks will follow suit over the next 6 months or so.

I hope not, and that system seems to work well. Also anytime I've transferred a large amount of money it has been blocked and their fraud department have phoned me almost immediately on my landline, not the phone I was trying to transfer money from to verify.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarksST said:

So if someone has an issue, either with the car or themselves it’s ok to just slow down and carry on in the outside lane and not bother to signal this using the hazard lights? Anyone that has an issue with this should seek retraining and or therapy, good to know, thanks.

If you’re blacked out or had a heart attack I don’t think hazard lights is on your mind but maybe I’m wrong.

1 minute ago, williamweb said:

If you’re blacked out or had a heart attack I don’t think hazard lights is on your mind but maybe I’m wrong.

Blacked out or having a heart attack but able to keep the car in lane and at 30? Ok seems likely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarksST said:

Blacked out or having a heart attack but able to keep the car in lane and at 30? Ok seems likely.

I don’t know fortunately haven’t been in that situation.Strange things happen ,always watch out for the unexpected when driving,I do.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club