Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

21 hours ago, MarksST said:

He’d get to it just as safely if that ***** followed the Highway Code, kept left and let everyone get on their way.

Nobody’s perfect.You have to be patient when driving and make allowances for other road users, simple really and not get agitated.

last week a guy got of his car when the traffic lights were red and attacked me.Unfortunately for him ,it didn’t end well.But then I remained calm and he was angry.

On 1/23/2022 at 9:43 AM, Nick Y said:

I don't like how Facebook (Faceache) has changed the security on accounts to make it even harder to prove it is you trying to log in. 

I tried logging in on a new device and it locked me out. When I reset the password and went to log in, it told me I needed to verify the log in from a device I had recently been logged in on. The problem is, when you try that it locks you out of wherever you have been logged in before so the system is pointless. 
Then it tells you to call 3 friends based on tags to get them to send you a code. 
The problem with that is out of the ones it chose, I don't see them or have their numbers so the circle begins again. 

So, I ended up having to send FB a copy of my driving license as it's my only photo ID. 
Here we are on day 3 of being locked out of my account and am still waiting for them to verify who I am. 
They sent an email with an unlock link and code but when I use it, it sends me back into a circle and asks for some photo ID despite the email saying it should let me back in and allow me to change the password. 
I've even verified my main email and back-up email to prove I am who I say I am. 

What an absolute farce. 
Anywhere else just sends you a code to the registered email and lets you get back in (also if 2 step verification is on, a code is sent to the registered mobile phone). 

Yes, because facebook needs photo ID for "security" 🤦‍♂️

I wish they'd just be honest and say it's to add to their hoards of data on you, and they are just holding you to ransom.

I tried to delete an instagram account (with no pictures on it, I just used it for following) and they wanted photo ID to delete it. Uhm, no! How would it even prove anything when they have no other pictures of me?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Yes, because facebook needs photo ID for "security" 🤦‍♂️

I am often asked if I'm on WattsApp so people can contact me, I just tell them that's it is owned by FB and it will be a snowy day in hell before I would ever use that data mining service!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I am often asked if I'm on WattsApp so people can contact me, I just tell them that's it is owned by FB and it will be a snowy day in hell before I would ever use that data mining service!

What's the benefit of WhatsApp over normal texting or Messenger?  I've been asked a couple of times if I use it but didn't even know what it was the first time!

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

What's the benefit of WhatsApp over normal texting or Messenger?  I've been asked a couple of times if I use it but didn't even know what it was the first time!

No idea tbh, I'm struggling with coming to grips with a book of faces. If I wanted to look at a book of images it certainly wouldn't be of faces at the top of my list 😮😄

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

What's the benefit of WhatsApp over normal texting or Messenger?

What is this 'messenger' you speak of?? Still getting to grips with texts despite me having a mobile phone since 1990 and texts not even being invented then LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wino said:

No idea tbh, I'm struggling with coming to grips with a book of faces. If I wanted to look at a book of images it certainly wouldn't be of faces at the top of my list 😮😄

There aren't many faces on there tbf...  It's all dinners, cars, pets...and babies! :unsure: 

I must admit, I do like Instagram for killing time, that is generally just pictures (mostly cars with the people I follow) without all the negativity and arguments that seem to happen on facebook.

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

What is this 'messenger' you speak of?? Still getting to grips with texts despite me having a mobile phone since 1990 and texts not even being invented then LOL

Lol, generational difference...Instant Messenger has taken many forms over the years, MSN, AOL, etc, but of course Facebook eventually swallowed that up as well.  It's my main form of communication tbh (well, maybe second to this forum lol!) but I am aware of anything I write on there not being totally secure.

Regarding things being unsecure online... :whistling1:  Does anyone know if there's still a way to find a sellers post code from an eBay ad number?  There used to be sneaky ways of extracting it (like putting the ad into Shiply) but they seem to have stopped it altogether now.  Not anything dodgy, it's just a collection only item so I want to know the rough area without having to bother the seller by contacting them first.

On 1/25/2022 at 10:25 AM, TomsFocus said:

Regarding things being unsecure online... :whistling1:  Does anyone know if there's still a way to find a sellers post code from an ebay ad number?  There used to be sneaky ways of extracting it (like putting the ad into Shiply) but they seem to have stopped it altogether now.  Not anything dodgy, it's just a collection only item so I want to know the rough area without having to bother the seller by contacting them first.

Could just try messaging about that 👍

How long has it taken you guys to sell a car? Put my car on sale about a week and a half ago and haven't had any serious people coming to view it despite it having a lot of work and stuff on it. Just had a lady message me today saying she's interested in coming today to see the car only to then message and confirm if the car is automatic which it isn't and saying shes looking for an auto 🤦. I'm sure the month doesn't help at the moment

Screenshot_20211203-002808~2.png

On 1/25/2022 at 10:25 AM, TomsFocus said:

...I want to know the rough area without having to bother the seller by contacting them first.

If the seller is 'collection only' and failed to state whereabouts they live, they deserve to be disturbed with a message LOL

3 minutes ago, zain611 said:

How long has it taken you guys to sell a car? Put my car on sale about a week and a half ago and haven't had any serious people coming to view it despite it having a lot of work and stuff on it. Just had a lady message me today saying she's interested in coming today to see the car only to then message and confirm if the car is automatic which it isn't and saying shes looking for an auto 🤦. I'm sure the month doesn't help at the moment

I dont think it's just cars tbh. People just like to time waste in general.

Good luck in selling it  it's not something I've ever had to do.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iantt said:

£68k for a ford!! Really?

Interesting fact, the Mustang is the only Ford not to wear the traditional 'Ford roundel'...

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

Interesting fact, the Mustang is the only Ford not to wear the traditional 'Ford roundel'...

Only place you see ford is at top of windscreen. 

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

Only place you see ford is at top of windscreen. 

Is that where it states, "Ford For Sale - £68,000..." LOL

• Haha 1

Ford can do electric and good value. They’re new F150 electric is perplexingly cheap. Even compared to their other Evs. 

2 hours ago, iantt said:

£68k for a ford!! Really? 

IMG_20220126_131141600.jpg

Are you sure that's a Ford?

Thought it was a 208 at first glance! :laugh:

P_208_d1_showroom-768x542.thumb.jpg.851bddfca5880411629781ddf136fc5d.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StephenFord said:

If the seller is 'collection only' and failed to state whereabouts they live, they deserve to be disturbed with a message LOL

Lol, it has a rough location stating a large town...but as I can't drive atm and would have to ask someone else to collect it for me (unless the seller will deliver) I need to know a bit more specifically.  

In the end, I did ask, but no reply as yet...  Seller is probably on another forum moaning about time wasters messaging him... :biggrin:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

How long has it taken you guys to sell a car? 

It really depends on the car.  Some I've taken months to sell, others have gone within hours of posting the ad!

Where have you listed it so far?  Autotrader is expensive but gets the widest audience for mid-price cars.  

You could also try marketplace and Gumtree, but be prepared to take a lot more daft messages from them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It really depends on the car.  Some I've taken months to sell, others have gone within hours of posting the ad!

Where have you listed it so far?  Autotrader is expensive but gets the widest audience for mid-price cars.  

You could also try marketplace and Gumtree, but be prepared to take a lot more daft messages from them!

Currently it's on Facebook and gumtree as you said. Gumtree I've had one scammer message me this. Had one previously before I readvertised it. Both within the first day advertising

Screenshot_20220122-174156.thumb.png.3d0ef3f973aa4a6e7a96cfeb66317d01.png

Facebook I've had a few people message. One as I mentioned today. Some lady message then asking for my address which I didn't be specific on and just got a thumbs up then another asking if it's auto. I am thinking of putting it in autotrader after a week if no luck. It's £75 but not bad 

Dam eBay buyer again................ Brought my item and not paid and looked at his feedback and the last 5 feedback was unpaid for items won,he even asked my to post next day which i did not list,ebay needs to change the rules for unpaid items if no communication within 48 hours which i have here yet again not 4 full days.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zain611 said:

Screenshot_20211203-002808~2.png

Sold my old 2007 2L Focus in 3 days after listing it on Autotrader. I had weird people calling me at 8/9 o'clock asking to come and see the car asap. I told them come next day during the day and never heard back. You get a lot of timewasters!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Dam eBay buyer again................ Brought my item and not paid and looked at his feedback and the last 5 feedback was unpaid for items won,

Go in to your eBay account - you can set automatic parameters to prevent losers like that bidding on any item you have for sale. I have been registered on eBay for 20 years now and have never had a 'non payer'...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club