Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

I'll try giving them a call before the end of the week.

Did you use any particular plea/argument/I'm leaving you?

I can't really say I'm off, thanks, bye as they are cheapest. Still to check the comparison sites but they've never been cheaper than checking direct, or with those companies not on the comparison sites.

When I phoned them I played the daft laddie (as we say up here) and queried if someone had made a false claim on my policy because my renewal had gone up by about the same amount as your one. The person I was speaking with checked my details and said no they hadn't and Immediately offered to renew it for about 10% more than last year.

I took up their offer because I like Direct Line for a lot of reasons and I will also get a part refund because my mileage is less than what I declared when first taking out the policy although I think they are stopping this unless you are already signed up for it.

The strange thing is that last years renewal was less than the year before.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 11:06 AM, iantt said:

Ford are convinced that the 2030 ice ban is still going to happen

Well if it's banned, of course that will cause global warming! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zico said:

they've never been cheaper than checking direct, or with those companies not on the comparison sites.

That's interesting because I have always found the opposite. And last year I got 12 x £7 car washes free in addition to a cheaper price.

• Like 1

I don't like the fact that ford7zap has been down for a few days now 😧

7zap.JPG

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, unofix said:

I don't like the fact that ford7zap has been down for a few days now 😧

7zap.JPG

Yep, same here.  No 7zap.  And limited ETIS during decommissioning. Makes double checking before offering forum advice more difficult.  :sad:

Having problems with the Ford Owners Club website again 😠

Started yesterday but today it's happening very frequently. If I view a page and then click 'back' or try to click on the 'Like' icon then the site crashes and I get the 400 error.

This is not happening on other websites I visit so seems to be a problem with FOC

bad request.JPG

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, unofix said:

Sad to report buddy that I have no such issues. Though I am using Windows 7, and Chrome Version 109.0.5414.120. Hope you get all sorted, I know how annoying IT issues can be...

24 minutes ago, unofix said:

Started yesterday but today it's happening very frequently. If I view a page and then click 'back' or try to click on the 'Like' icon then the site crashes and I get the 400 error.

This is not happening on other websites I visit so seems to be a problem with FOC

bad request.JPG

This could be on your end, it's saying that your browser is sending too large a request to the server.

Try deleting your cookies and cache for this website.

What browser are you using?

5 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Though I am using Windows 7,

Also using Windows 7 and Firefox. Not getting any problems with other sites, only with FOC 🤔

It's been fine for weeks until yesterday when it happened one (might have been twice) but today it's happened at least 6 or 7 times. 😧

10 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Try deleting your cookies and cache for this website.

Good morning Alex, thanks for the reply.

I've just cleared everything for the FOC site form my browser, and I'll see if that sorts it 👍

Is Firefox up to date? What version are you on. 

Are you using any extensions?

just for reference, my FireFox version is 110.0 (64-bit)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Is Firefox up to date? What version are you on. 

I think that might be the problem. Firefox has apparently automatically updated itself yesterday at some time to the new version. Which would seem to match with when problems began.

firefox.JPG

I hate dispersible Apirin that dont disperse lol. Just sits there like a cloudy lump at the bottom of the glass even with warm water.

9 hours ago, unofix said:

bad request.JPG

The exact same thing has been happening to me all day. Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Tizer said:

Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge.

Thanks for that info John. I know FOC don't like to think it is anything to do with their website but I've been having serious problems all day, but only with the FOC site. Even spent time on amazon, Halfords and eBay doing lots of searches and using the back page, and not once did it crash. Came back to FOC and within two minutes the site crashed.

It has to be a website coding issue but unless enough complain it is likely never to get fixed 🙁

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, unofix said:

Thanks for that info John. I know FOC don't like to think it is anything to do with their website but I've been having serious problems all day, but only with the FOC site. Even spent time on Amazon, Halfords and eBay doing lots of searches and using the back page, and not once did it crash. Came back to FOC and within two minutes the site crashed.

It has to be a website coding issue but unless enough complain it is likely never to get fixed 🙁

I know what you mean. From memory the last time this happened we were about the only two people who posted about it although it probably happened to a lot of other people.

The only thing different about my computer is that for the last week I have been getting nagged that I'm not signed in to One Drive. I always thought that was the case but I was not nagged about it before. The problem that we are having only started this morning.

I'll clear my Cache and Cookies and see what happens.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tizer said:

I'm not signed in to One Drive.

Yes I've been getting that for just over a week now. Not sure what the deal is with One Drive but I've not done anything different.

FOC working fine via win 11 and chrome here. I delete onedrive and Edge.

• Like 1

Only tend to use the android phone for the internet. Works fine. 

• Like 2

It’s always tricky to fault find something intermittent that’s only happening to a few people. I’m using Firefox on Windows without a problem.

I don’t know if @Stevecan get any clues from the server error logs for your failed requests. 

I don't like it when I buy something online and the carrier firm (FASTWAY on this occasion) thinks it's ok to dump the parcel (a footie shirt) at the front door when he/she could easily have put it through the letterbox . 

2 emails to the seller to give out about their carrier's second rate service have gone unanswered and not so surprisingly the carrier hasn't answered up for their crap service either . 

P.S. Belated Happy Birthday to Iantt and anyone else having a birthday ! 

9 hours ago, iantt said:

Only tend to use the android phone for the internet. Works fine. 

Same here, all works fine here. Maybe you guys need to ditch the BMW's 🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club