Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

39 minutes ago, iantt said:

But I got this.😀😀

Screenshot_20230312-154630.png

I wonder why they didn't call it Professional Mechanic System. 😄

• Haha 1

Or amatuer grease monkey system for you armchair experts. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

It’s a bit hidden but there is some useful stuff in the new site which you don’t have to pay for. 

https://www.fordserviceinfo.com/FreeResources/Free

Thanks Alex.  I have now found the service schedules and the outstanding FSA's.

Sadly no spec lists though.

And frustratingly no access to the DSR!  I'm a big fan of DSR in theory, same as online MOT history, but it seems every manufacturer makes service history difficult to access.

I've been trying to access the VW DSR system today and found that they've removed access from the PC website and completely removed the mobile app now as well.

2 hours ago, iantt said:

But I got this.😀😀

Aren't you worried that you'll be found out ?

It says that's for Professional Technicians 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, unofix said:

Aren't you worried that you'll be found out ?

It says that's for Professional Technicians 🤣🤣

I'm logged in using someone else's username and password. I was found out some time ago. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, iantt said:

I'm logged in using someone else's username and password. I was found out some time ago. 

It's all in the username 😉

• Haha 1

Is there some new kind of spam bot ? In the last 36 hours Jon Doe and Jane Doe have been busy posting questions with blank profiles.

So far I've not seen any of them check back to see if there are any replies.

Jon Doe 1.JPG

Jane Doe 1.JPG

Jane Doe 2.JPG

Jon Doe 2.JPG

Jon Doe 3.JPG

Jon Doe 4.JPG

Jon Doe 5.JPG

Jon Doe 6.JPG

Jon Doe 7.JPG

Jon Doe 8.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't like failing to bodge my way in to the EasyFuel on the Mk2.

Can't find the she-wee funnel...although I did find a high quality bottle opener in the glove box which is slightly concerning! :laugh:

So two questions - firstly, is there space under the spare wheel for the funnel in the Mk2?  (Can't open boot with dead battery)

And does the EasyFuel need power to operate or is it fully mechanical?  The central locking was left open when the battery died so I thought I could open the EasyFuel with some carefully placed screwdrivers but it just just won't budge!

In reverse order:

• Easy fuel is pure mechanical - No electrons required 👍
  • Yes there is space for the fuel filler funnel under the spare wheel.
  • and as a bonus answer, if you have a fuel can with the flexible hose it will push the flap open with out the need for the funnel. 😀
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, unofix said:
  •  
  • and as a bonus answer, if you have a fuel can with the flexible hose it will push the flap open with out the need for the funnel. 😀

Mine won't unfortunately...I think it has a petrol sized nozzle. :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, unofix said:

Is there some new kind of spam bot ? In the last 36 hours Jon Doe and Jane Doe have been busy posting questions with blank profiles....

I have no idea how this forum allows you to post without a completed profile. Can't think of any other forum I use that would allow such a protocol...

I have made a personal policy decision that if I ever see one of these profile deficient numpties, I'll be ignoring them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I have made a personal policy decision that if I ever see one of these numpties, I'll be ignoring them.

Likewise 👍

stupidly I replied to Alison about the roof of her Focus CC. I'd wrote the reply before i noticed the missing profile. Hopefully the information will be of use to other owners with a similar problem. 😀

• Like 2

4 hours ago, unofix said:

Is there some new kind of spam bot ? In the last 36 hours Jon Doe and Jane Doe have been busy posting questions with blank profiles.

So far I've not seen any of them check back to see if there are any replies.

Jon Doe 1.JPG

Jane Doe 1.JPG

Jane Doe 2.JPG

Jon Doe 2.JPG

Jon Doe 3.JPG

Jon Doe 4.JPG

Jon Doe 5.JPG

Jon Doe 6.JPG

Jon Doe 7.JPG

Jon Doe 8.JPG

These are the bots that will return in a few months time with another multi spam attack. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tizer said:

These are the bots that will return in a few months time with another multi spam attack. 

You don’t want to call their airline support number?

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Tizer said:

You'd wonder why a 'bot' would have been programmed to ask a legitimate sounding car fault request, rather than an obvious scam?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

to ask a legitimate sounding car fault request

I did wonder if the questions are being copied from another site ?

Why does anyone find a useful reason to spam sites in the first place ?

Just now, StephenFord said:

You'd wonder why a 'bot' would have been programmed to ask a legitimate sounding car fault request, rather than an obvious scam?

I think they do it to get a few different profiles on the system so they can make a multi attack at the same time just to test how quick @alexp999can delete them. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Accounts get set up by real people and post a few things to bypass filters and restrictions on new accounts then later a bot will use the account to spam. Hard to stop without affecting genuine members. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I often wonder what the point of spambots are on forums...  Aside from the obvious airline ones, most just seem to be annoying rather than having any financial gain. :unsure:

• Like 2

It that african generals way of spreading the word, i gave him access to my bank account and am awaiting my 5.25 billion deposit.🤣

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

It that african generals way of spreading the word, i gave him access to my bank account and am awaiting my 5.25 billion deposit.🤣

I too am awaiting similar amounts from the Nigerian Prince, I do hope it's not some type of scam! :biggrin:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I often wonder what the point of spambots are on forums...  Aside from the obvious airline ones, most just seem to be annoying rather than having any financial gain. :unsure:

Sick minds do sick things.

• Sad 1

On 3/18/2023 at 5:20 PM, unofix said:

In reverse order:

• Easy fuel is pure mechanical - No electrons required 👍
  • Yes there is space for the fuel filler funnel under the spare wheel.

Jump started it today.  Removed the spare wheel but the funnel wasn't under there.  EasyFuel flaps still won't move at all.

If I'm looking at it correctly, I should be able to push down the bottom lip, then the top lip with my fingers right?  

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If I'm looking at it correctly, I should be able to push down the bottom lip, then the top lip with my fingers right?  

Eureka !!

I've found the secret. Just been out and tried the filler on my diesel Mk4 and the flap opens just pushing my finger in. So no problems there.

Now as it happens my daughters 2017 petrol RS focus is here tonight, and I've just tried pushing the flap open on the filler - and the car says NO !!

I got the fuel filler funnel out of the boot, a very simple piece of plastic, nothing special. I tried that in the filler and hey presto the flap opened with no force or pressure required !!

So whats the secret ?

It's the diameter of the plastic tube. If you look very, very carefully just inside of the filler neck you will find a tiny little latch, one on the left and one on the right of the filler. With just slight finger pressure you can press these latches in (the plastic funnel does by being an exact diameter). Once both of these little latches are pressed the fuel filler flap opens with almost no pressure.

So to beat the system you need to find away to press both latches in at the same time while pushing against the filler flap. Once it's open you can leave go of the latch buttons. In short any tube will do just to get the latches pressed as long as the diameter is big enough to push both in at the same time.

Just a thought. If you put the filler nozzle from a fuel can in the filler neck, hard over to one side and use a large flat blade screw driver to push the other latch at the same time you may just be able to keep but latches pressed long enough to get the filler nozzle to open the flap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club