Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

34 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Not sure where to go from here...

692726310_airfreshner.thumb.jpg.defbe4aa27baaaec622042c62cf671f5.jpg

48 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The saga continues! 🤔

My first thought was a dead rodent and it is still top of my list.

If the Trap is filled with water then It is fairly unlikely that is your problem. Any holes in the pipework would cause a leak unless they were in the dry part of the system above the highest appliance.

Your best bet would be to complain to your Landlord and let them investigate.

17 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

692726310_airfreshner.thumb.jpg.defbe4aa27baaaec622042c62cf671f5.jpg

I have ordered something similar to that but it's not really a solution.  I'm also concerned about whether it is 'just' a smell or whether there's anything in it that could be detrimental to health over a long exposure.

1 minute ago, Tizer said:

My first thought was a dead rodent and it is still top of my list.

If the Trap is filled with water then It is fairly unlikely that is your problem. Any holes in the pipework would cause a leak unless they were in the dry part of the system above the highest appliance.

Your best bet would be to complain to your Landlord and let them investigate.

We have a letting agent that works on behalf of the landlord but that's not an option.  All I'll say on that is that their processes aren't inclusive.  (Had no end of problems here, can't wait to move, but that's also virtually impossible in my situation.)

The majority of the pipework is hidden in a wall void, so there could be a leak in there that no-one would be able to see internally.  I'm not really sure where the leak would come out if it was building up in the void.  Possibly through the brick wall above the damp course?  But as I can't get downstairs quickly, I can't go out to check when the smell is at it's peak.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I have ordered something similar to that but it's not really a solution.  I'm also concerned about whether it is 'just' a smell or whether there's anything in it that could be detrimental to health over a long exposure.

We have a letting agent that works on behalf of the landlord but that's not an option.  All I'll say on that is that their processes aren't inclusive.  (Had no end of problems here, can't wait to move, but that's also virtually impossible in my situation.)

The majority of the pipework is hidden in a wall void, so there could be a leak in there that no-one would be able to see internally.  I'm not really sure where the leak would come out if it was building up in the void.  Possibly through the brick wall above the damp course?  But as I can't get downstairs quickly, I can't go out to check when the smell is at it's peak.

Your Local Environmental Health Department may be able to help for either a nuisance smell or a Health related one and may be able to force your Landlord to Investigate unless the legislation is different in England.

It is difficult for me to comment on your last paragraph without seeing your house in person, but It is almost certain that the External Cavity Walls will be intact except for any necessary penetrations and the False Wall or large Pipe Box as I would call it will inside this. Any water is much more likely to exit internally through the Plasterboard than externally through at least one skin of Brickwork.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't like e-tickets for gigs! 

I'm not a huge gig goer, compared to some folk I know, and getting less in my old age but I do like keeping old tickets just to remind me of what I've seen! 😃

Going to see Elton John next week in Aberdeen, 5 of us going, so wondered where the tickets were. Went on Ticketmaster 😡 and found out it's e-tickets, so I've had to download all 5 to my Google wallet and hope that a) my phone doesn't decide to throw a hissy fit and die.

And b) there's actually a good mobile signal at the venue.

No option even to print them off for a keepsake.

What's wrong with the good old bit of paper ticket? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

No option even to print them off

but just think of all the dolphins you've saved 🤣

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I'm not a huge gig goer, compared to some folk I know, and getting less in my old age but I do like keeping old tickets just to remind me of what I've seen! 😃

Going to see Elton John next week in Aberdeen, 5 of us going, so wondered where the tickets were. Went on Ticketmaster 😡 and found out it's e-tickets, so I've had to download all 5 to my Google wallet and hope that a) my phone doesn't decide to throw a hissy fit and die.

And b) there's actually a good mobile signal at the venue.

No option even to print them off for a keepsake.

What's wrong with the good old bit of paper ticket? 

Screen shot the tickets and print that out, stuff the dolphins lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Does It help with your dementia now your old🤣🤣

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, iantt said:

Does It help with your dementia now your old🤣🤣

Young whippersnapper! 😃

• Haha 2

I tried to gift some tickets last Xmas but couldn't because they were e-tickets, and also required the payment card to be shown on the gate. :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

Went out to buy some caustic soda, the price has quadrupled from what it cost me last time. £2.50 last time nearly 10 quid for 500g. I wanted cuastic and not drain cleaner with caustic 2 entirely different beasts.. Managed to find some at the old price shhhhhhhh at the back of a pound shop shelf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimpster said:

Went out to buy some caustic soda, the price has quadrupled from what it cost me last time. £2.50 last time nearly 10 quid for 500g. I wanted cuastic and not drain cleaner with caustic 2 entirely different beasts.. Managed to find some at the old price shhhhhhhh at the back of a pound shop shelf.

I feel for you! I often use Isopropyl alcohol, it's a great solvent with numerous uses. A while back, it use to be £5/£6 for 500ml. During the pandemic madness, it shot up to £50 for same!! (it can be used to make hand sanitiser). Thankfully now, it has returned back to normal costs... Great find you got in the £pound shop!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I feel for you! I often use Isopropyl alcohol, it's a great solvent with numerous uses. A while back, it use to be £5/£6 for 500ml. During the pandemic madness, it shot up to £50 for same!! (it can be used to make hand sanitiser). Thankfully now, it has returned back to normal costs... Great find you got in the £pound shop!

Yes i use ISO its great for a pre paint wipe and on glass monitor Tv screens etc i usually get it by the Litre, it did get extortionate, even the homebrew kits to make base alcohol to add flavourings to went thru the roof. I have a large underbed plastic box 50litre size and i put my oven racks and BBQ ones in it for an hour saves all the tiring scrubbing.

Don't like this heat.  Kept curtains closed today but it's still 30c indoors by lunchtime again.  Over 40c in the sun according to external temp sensor.  Forecasted to be a bit cooler by midweek but the heat is in the fabric of the building now.

Will never understand people paying loads of money to travel into this level of discomfort for a week or two every year. :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Agreed, get out early, grab what i need then retreat behind closed curtains for the day. My bungalow front gets full sun and can hit 40, i move into the bedroom as its cooler.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimpster said:

Agreed, get out early, grab what i need then retreat behind closed curtains for the day. My bungalow front gets full sun and can hit 40, i move into the bedroom as its cooler.

Just come in from the back garden for a breather, it's 28c out there right now - you gotta love 'global warming'. Don't worry, in a few short weeks, we'll be whinging about the cold & rain again... 😀

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Will never understand people paying loads of money to travel into this level of discomfort for a week or two every year. :laugh: 

Some of us live in the north of Scotland and even in the height of summer it ain't too warm! 😃

Love getting away for a week of 'nearly' guaranteed sun and cold beer 🍻 but we usually go out of season when it's not too hot.

Edit: about the most expensive bit of our trips are actually getting off the island 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Some of us live in the north of Scotland and even in the height of summer it ain't too warm! 😃

Are you rejoicing that your former queen has just been arrested?? Oh, if you're looking for a decent motorhome to go on holiday with, I know where you can get a good one going cheap 🤣

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't like this heat.  Kept curtains closed today but it's still 30c indoors by lunchtime again.  Over 40c in the sun according to external temp sensor.  Forecasted to be a bit cooler by midweek but the heat is in the fabric of the building now.

I quite enjoying the cooler weather in Crete. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Are you rejoicing that your former queen has just been arrested??  🤣

To regurgitate the words of SNP supporters "Not My Queen!" 😃

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like having to pay £400 excess on an accident that wasn't my fault! 😡

Dude pulled out in front, I hit him, he admitted fault.

4 months later get car back 🙄 bill for excess arrives a couple of days later.

Mrs phones insurance company (her policy) apparently we pay excess to garage for fixing car, we claim back from our insurance company, our insurance company then claims it back from his company and then, I presume he'll have to pay the £400 🤷

So, 4 transactions when 1 would do? No wonder car insurance is ***** expensive! 😡😡😡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Why when you contact a manufacturer for advice or help are the first words out of thier mouths " It's out of warranty".

My Dolce Gusto Jovia, i can sometimes feel some resistsnce when lifting the pod release lever. I merely wanted to know if theres a solution, but they would not engage.

Jobsworths

16 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

Why when you contact a manufacturer for advice or help are the first words out of thier mouths " It's out of warranty".

Now, did they tell you your call was important to them? 🤣

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

My Dolce Gusto Jovia, i can sometimes feel some resistsnce when lifting the pod release lever. I merely wanted to know if theres a solution, but they would not engage.

Jobsworths

Because the people answering the phone literally have no clue about the product. You can't speak to the people who might actually be able to suggest something.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club