Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Few things I don't like today;

1.  Don't like how much negative equity I have left to pay & thus have to pay about £3500 to get a Focus ST which I can't afford to pay.

2.  Don't like how slow my BT Infinity has gone 

3.  Don't like that despite telling work before I went back there that I had a holiday book for the start of August, that they are not letting me have it.  I told them before I went back there that I had a holiday booked.  But it's ok, I haven't had a week off in over 2 years, so pretty sure I'll manage

8 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Crikey!  Not that bad here, but if it went down a few more degrees I would be contemplating it.

We've got underfloor heating which requires a certain amount of foresight regarding outside temperatures etc and we got caught out!  

36 minutes ago, Turvey said:

We've got underfloor heating which requires a certain amount of foresight regarding outside temperatures etc and we got caught out!  

I've got storage heating which is the same unfortunately.  You need to know at least 24 hours in advance that you will require heating, as that's how long they take to heat up from cold!!

• Like 1

On 2017-5-31 at 8:35 PM, Turvey said:

PART 3 : I don't particularly like having to teach someone how to drive my truck. It's kinda part of the job and it's nothing against the driver, he's a nice fella who I really get on with but I like my own company and do things my own way.   (By the way, there will be a PART 3b next Wednesday, watch this space) 

PART 3b : I really don't don't like courses/training etc but I realise they are part and parcel of most jobs and being an HGV driver for the local council I've kinda gotten used to them BUT I don't like the fact that I was on a training course today for the type of truck I've been driving for the last 8 years and in particular the exact same truck I've been driving for the last year. What REALLY gets my goat is that the 'instructor' is a local CAR driving instructor with NO experience on the type of trucks we use!  In fact he went out for a couple of hours with my oppo a couple of weeks ago to learn the vehicle and even yesterday he came to us to clarify a couple of points before the course, He was even asking ME questions on what to do in certain situations whilst taking the course! 

'They' say it's just a box ticking exercise to cover themselves but I wonder what would happen, God forbid, if there were an incident that the HSE got involved in.

First question, was the driver trained in the specific type of vehicle? Answer : Yes. 

Second question, what training and qualifications did the instructor have? Answer : He went out with one of the boys for a couple of hours!!! 

• Like 2

Some complete idiot has thrown there door open as they do without looking or caring and put a nice big dent and scratch on my door some people have 0 respect or brains so annoying when you try to keep your car clean and tidy.

• Like 1

I don't like having another surprise migraine with aura on Tuesday night just after Pipper's evening stroll, whose effects lasted well until late yesterday evening:sad:. Even now, the right hand side of head feels a bit iffy behind the right eye and forehead.:sad:  it's the first one I've had whose symptoms spanned over 24 hours

Despite the NHS website telling to you to go your GP if you suddenly start getting migraine with aura, having had no previous history of it, as it might be a signal of something quite serious like a TIA or neurological problem. When I first had one (2014) and now yesterday, both GP's I saw on each occasion were rather dismissive of it. :huh: Both saying the NHS website tends to exaggerate the likely-hood of serious conditions which causes concerned patients to clog up the GP service (and A&E for that matter) with unlikely and imagined  conditions.

Some of you may remember reading my rant a few months back possibly even a year ago where I was discussing the vast amount of kitchen appliances; the wife manages to destroy on a yearly basis 
Most recent appliance being the Bosch diswasher of which is still the current model there still selling in the shop.

The drain of ours was blocked with food and some plastic sleeving from Capri sun straws despite my efforts throughout the past ten years pointing out that diswashers are not food waste disposal units and good list be removed prior to inserting.
She still never listens and puts my opinion down to an alternative issue rather than listening to the topic which I'm currently reasoning.

Anyways I think that was all around last November, well I still haven't replaced that broken dishwasher until today.

I'm working night shift this week and i purchased a replacement dishwasher online this morning, when delivering they will remove the existing unit provided it's disconnected.

When purchasing online today I didn't know when delivery was going to be but the existing diswasher which has been blocked and broken since November was still connected to the drain and water supply.

At 11am today I decided to go to bed having been awake since 17:00 yesterday, I thought the wife would have been content enough considering a new appliance was on the way which made life easier but sadly that wasn't to be.

Since i had been so generous to spend my hard earned money on a replacement dishwasher which isint likely to last her more than 12 months she suddenly wanted the existing unit removed immediately and placed outside as Quote "who knows when the replacement will arrive and they need to take the old one away"

I explained that removing the dishwasher will expose the U bend under the sink causing water to leak out when the sink is used because the dishwasher drain won't be connected.

After hearing that; she wanted to go to the local DIY store and purchase yes spend more money purchasing a blank cap to termperarily use to blank the opening in the U bend until the new dishwasher arrived 😣

So instead of going to bed at 11am I'm under the sink with an adjustable spanner removing the drain adaptor in order for her to take it to the DIY store and purchase a blank to match it's diameter when she decides to go ahead to the DIY store without it because I'm taking more than 10 minutes to remove the connection 😦
So on she goes in the car wasting more fuel and keeping me up even longer going to the DIY store with nothing to get a size reference from or anything other than her own description.

She arrived back at 12 noon with nothing as they couldn't provide anything as they didn't know what size, 
At which point I had the part removed and we both had to go to the DIY store then to source a blank for the drain.

They then provided a 3/4" brass blank which doesn't fit when I got home and tried it, so I got a marigold glove and cut a finger off it to put over the original barbed elbow to create a blank; I then try to find my PVC tape to seal the glove part on to the fitting to enable the sink and washing machine to be used until the new dishwasher arrives and I can't because she was using the roll of tape somewhere and lost it 😦 
End result was 14:37 when I got to bed having been up since 17:00 yesterday and the sink is now still out of use because there's no PVC tape to seal the glove part and I'm back in work again tonight at 22:00 
Got an email there to say the new dishwasher will be delivered on Tuesday next week,

All this bother brought upon myself because I put my hand in my pocket and replaced the appliance which has been broken for over six months and the replacement isint even coming until next Tuesday,
All of this could have been done at the weekend, she doesn't work or have any schedule except for dropping and collecting the kids from school the whole attitude is completely wrong and going to the DIY store without the part because you Don t feel like waiting 5 minutes is absolutely crazy. 
Between washing machines and dishwashers there's one required every year due to blocked motors from not checking clothes pockets prior to inserting or not clearing food off the dishes prior to inserting and will not listen to anything you say your told "ow your just in a mood over somthing else" 
I'm so domented now I can't sleep 😧
  • Like 2

I don't like having to sell the Volvo leaving my mother car-less, but the MOT was due in a week and it wouldn't have passed, plus she cannot afford to run a car now I have moved out and am not her financial crutch anymore. 

I also don't like an unexpected trip to Edinburgh to visit my uncle at hospital and speak to the doctors as the crap hit the fan so to speak.

Oh yes, and on the way home the brake warning light started flickering on the Rover so I evidently need to top up the brake fluid!  Just hoping it is due to brake pad wear and not a leak...

WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!  NOT!!!!!! :angry:

Lenny. I take it the dishwasher waste pipe is connected to the u bend via a tapered pipe which sticks out of it?
The way to stop sink water from escaping that pipe is to undo the removable bit. Get some cling film and make a piece 2" square and about 3 or 4 sheets thick. Pace over the pipe and screw back on the tapered part which the dishwasher waste pipe goes on.
Trust me it works.
No need to buy blanking washers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Lenny. I take it the dishwasher waste pipe is connected to the u bend via a tapered pipe which sticks out of it?
The way to stop sink water from escaping that pipe is to undo the removable bit. Get some cling film and make a piece 2" square and about 3 or 4 sheets thick. Pace over the pipe and screw back on the tapered part which the dishwasher waste pipe goes on.
Trust me it works.
No need to buy blanking washers.

Thanks mate, I have it covered now, I did try three places yesterday for some blanking washers and all three places told me; they dont sell the blanks separately from the full U bend kit which was in the region of €50 upwards.

I've had a bad two weeks of it getting scalded with hassle because I tried to help people by spending some money on them 😧 been working 6 days a week since Christmas including all bank holiday Mondays saving to improve the house but the mother-in-Law is accusing me of having an affair and suggested it to the wife last week😁

Yesterday was the wife with the drain pipe,

Last week was my very own mother; with a Nutriblender 6000 series and a lodgement which froze her bank account.

Well to start with that story; like millions of other people my mother has had Cancer twice, first was Coalon cancer in 2011 and then breast cancer few years later 

Shes almost 70 now and i live almost three hours away although my brothers & sisters live in around 20 minutes away from her.

anyway the intestine tube has got scar tissue where they rejoined it after removing the cancer and she's had a blocking there three times in the past year where particles of food compact and block the pipe causing the contents of the stomach to decompose without escape which leads to severe vomiting and basically all form of food poisoning symptoms and she's needs immediate medical care to clear the blockage.

as result of all this; well firstly they cant operate again because she has three hernias where they have operated before and due to blood pressure conditions etc. 

her diest now is liquid only or extremely fine soup, 

She got out of hospital again last week so I thought a Nutriblender and a sieve would be a nice gift, I reserved then online at her local Argos and lodged the money in to her bank account to purchase then phoned to say it was there.

At first she was delighted; then she realized the bank had apparently blocked her card on grounds of "suspicious activity" because I'm down the other and of the country lodging in €200 😧 seriously that's hardly going to purchase anything damaging or illegal.

But she phoned me up complaining "whatever you did down there has blocked my account and I've got direct debits blah blah" resulted in me having to go to the bank and explain the reason for lodgement and get them to contact her bank to release it.

The second issue arrose then after she purchased the blender; using the money I had donated; she proceeded to complain to me that it would potentially make her condition worse and that wouldn't be for her atall despite it being the best form of cyclone blender in the world 😐

Then continued to go on about the hassle of leaving it back to the store again; and I'm thinking to myself why did I ever bother trying to help atall it didn't cost her a thing and if left operating long enough then poured through a 250 micron sieve she could get alot of vegetables in to her without issue. 

But she left it back and thanks for the money though😁 discrasefull 

I'm not expecting a response to all this, just explaing the past two weeks.

I don't like seeing a small bird sitting on my outside step this morning and it still being there when I got home half an hour ago!  It doesn't look physically injured and is capable of flying up and down the stairs, but won't go further than that.  There are a lot of crows in the area so I suspect one attacked it and it is either traumatised or injured in some way.

Not quite sure what to do with it though...

WP_20170609_19_10_37_Pro.thumb.jpg.0a61218c7d799c629d3298009cb269ff.jpg

Looks like it's still a chick.
Only thing you can do is leave it be.
If you move it then any parent watching over it will never come back to it.
Best off leaving it in natures hands.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 2/24/2015 at 2:27 PM, MattDRX said:

Afternoon all.

Thought I'd try and create a thread to share the negativity of daily life and thing we dislike everyday.

I'll go first.

Sitting in a hospital waiting room waiting to be seen after being bitten by a spider and it's full of non tax payers higher up the queue than me.

KFCs new fries

Fuel prices going up again.

What's upset you today.

(Not a time to be needy)

Bad drivers in general

Stupid people in general

Brussel Sprouts

Marmite

Adults that still use Txt Spk and the word LoL

:wallbash:

• Like 2

Blimey Lenny. Makes one wonder if it's worth helping sometimes.

• Like 2

I don't like working lates on a Saturday :(

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kossofffan said:

I don't like working lates on a Saturday :(

Me neither,

I prefer to get out of bed and go to work then enjoy time off rather than waiting around to go in to work later in the day.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Me neither,

I prefer to get out of bed and go to work then enjoy time off rather than waiting around to go in to work later in the day.

Finish at 02.15 tonight, can't go to sleep straight away once I'm home and meeting friends for lunch at 13.00 which is an hours drive away. Think my wife can do that part.

Catch up on the settee later in the afternoon full of roast & beer! lol

• Like 1

Bad drivers in general
Stupid people in general
Brussel Sprouts
Marmite
Adults that still use Txt Spk and the word LoL

:wallbash:

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk
  • Like 2

I don't like the frequency of my sudden migraines with aura, has recently increased.:sad:  I developed another one yesterday afternoon:sad: I've still got some of the post migraine after effects even now.:sad: Still it hasn't lasted 72 hours like last week's episode: which is something, I suppose:unsure::dry:

Having looked up the triggers again, I don't consume enough coffee (compared to others: my 4 mugs a day, compared to their 10+ ) for it to be that.  I do eat cheese, but on the periods before my most recent attacks: I hadn't eaten any.  The only triggers that fit, are ultra low blood sugar combined with my "normal resting" low blood pressure.  The attacks always occur in the late afternoon/early evening when my blood sugar will be at it's lowest, my blood pressure has always been very low but it's never caused any problems

I don't having to rescue Molly again, although this time it was the garage roof rather than the house roof, and only involved a chair :sad:

She could've used any number of routes to get back down to ground level, the fence, the adjacent shed, two separate bushes, a hedge or even jump across to the Mk2 parked next to the garage.  It seems she's learned if you mioaw loudly, you'll get rescued without effort!

14 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like seeing my old Focus and Volvo for sale on Gumtree, especially not the Volvo which I just sold for £80 literally three days ago!!! 

Part of me wishes I could buy both back though.

Did you sell them to the same person then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMX said:

Did you sell them to the same person then?

Unknowingly, yes.

• Like 1

I don't like the frequency of my sudden migraines with aura, has recently increased.sad.png  I developed another one yesterday afternoonsad.png I've still got some of the post migraine after effects even now.sad.png Still it hasn't lasted 72 hours like last week's episode: which is something, I supposeunsure.pngdry.png
Having looked up the triggers again, I don't consume enough coffee (compared to others: my 4 mugs a day, compared to their 10+ ) for it to be that.  I do eat cheese, but on the periods before my most recent attacks: I hadn't eaten any.  The only triggers that fit, are ultra low blood sugar combined with my "normal resting" low blood pressure.  The attacks always occur in the late afternoon/early evening when my blood sugar will be at it's lowest, my blood pressure has always been very low but it's never caused any problems

My wife suffered migraines for years then a couple of years ago she had a daith piercing in her ear and has never had one since

IMG_2246.PNG

I promise you it's worth looking at I know several people who've had one and every single person says it works

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

My wife suffered migraines for years then a couple of years ago she had a daith piercing in her ear and has never had one since

IMG_2246.PNG

I promise you it's worth looking at I know several people who've had one and every single person says it works

I've heard good reports of this treatment as well. I'm sure there will be less obvious studs/rings to put in if you're not into piercings etc. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club