Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

5 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Oops indeed.  I saw the camera and knew I was going over 70 but it was too late to do anything.  Typical.

That's a shame mate, nearly everyone does 80 anyway these days, instead they should focus catching those people doing ridiculous speeds.

Yesterday on the M3, an older generation BMW 6 series absolutely flew past in the right hand lane, engine redlining judging from the sound. He must have been AT LEAST doing 100 MPH. Once he was a few meters past me, something disintegrated in his engine bay, and landed on the motorway. Looked like his engine undertray, but wasn't too sure. ***** :laugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like getting an unwanted letter yesterday, informing me that I was caught doing 80MPH on the motorway from Dundee to Aberdeen!! :angry:

Motorway between Dundee and Aberdeen? 

Just now, Turvey said:

Motorway between Dundee and Aberdeen? 

God, I must be losing it.  A90 I mean, not a motorway at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

God, I must be losing it.  A90 I mean, not a motorway at all.

Old age doesn't come alone! :wink3:

Just now, Turvey said:

Old age doesn't come alone! :wink3:

I know.  Driving an "old man's car" must be going to my head!!

The lack of night breezes made the evening stroll with Pipper, a tad stifling.  She must be hot with all that fur! :sad:

It was 22°C outside on the garage wall:sweat: slightly cooler than the 25°C at sunset, but the humidity seems to have increased, during the course of our walk

i hate my companies IT helpdesk, call up to india call center for half hour to be told i have to email our HR team, which havnt got back, at the min i cant book holiday off seems like a way to sign my life and never leave.

Can't sleep...currently 0430 and I haven't had any sleep whatsoever.

Too hot, legs playing up & the other half is snoring...currently laid on the couch as it's the coolest part of the house at the moment

I don't like coming home from work in a stinking mood and still having Thursday and Friday ahead of me.

I also don't like a nagging pain in my right shoulder which has gotten worse as the night has gone on.  This day just gets better!!

I don't like having to manoeuvre past around 20 cyclists this morning on the busiest road up here at the busiest time of day! 

They had cleverly managed to space themselves out to maximise the awkwardness of trying to get by them! A small group of 3 at the rear of the group with a group of around 10 in front of them, leaving a space just about big enough for a car but probably not enough for the truck. There was another group of about 6 ahead of them as well. Trying to get a space in the oncoming traffic and making sure that there wasn't an impatient car driver trying a dodgy overtake was a bit of a challenge! Took me about a mile and a half to get by them! Roll on winter! No tourists! 😁

• Like 2

i had exactly the same yesterday morning but on a narrow twisty road on way to work. difficult enough on a good day to get past a slow car . nightmare. quite a que behind them developed.

Until cyclists pay tax and insurance they can get the hell off my roads as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 4

I don't like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome!!  I've had it under control for the past 6 months, but this week has marked a severe decline. 

Why would cyclists pay tax, a runner wouldn't pay tax. They should pay insurance though and have some variant of a VRM so they can be held accountable for causing damage or breaking road traffic laws.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My biggest dislike this weekend has to be being told that I have probably broken my back for the second time! Apparently leaning on your desk at work is more dangerous than I thought

• Like 2

On 2017-6-23 at 10:16 PM, jmurray01 said:

I don't like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome!!  I've had it under control for the past 6 months, but this week has marked a severe decline. 

12 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

My biggest dislike this weekend has to be being told that I have probably broken my back for the second time! Apparently leaning on your desk at work is more dangerous than I thought

Kinda puts my mildly annoying cyclists into perspective! 

Hope you're both OK 😉

• Like 1

Haha, more X-rays on Monday and I will know for sure. The amount of X-rays I have had I should be glowing green lol.

When there are a large number of bikes they should ride 3 abreast., you have to go onto the other side of the road anyway so you may as well get past 3 at a time

6 hours ago, Turvey said:

Kinda puts my mildly annoying cyclists into perspective! 

Hope you're both OK 😉

We all have a cross to bear, that's how I see it.

i don't like discovering the paper supply company I've ordered from last week isn't who I thought it was (massive long established office paper company in Bexleyheath) but a one person tiny thing operating in Sutton, Surrey using both the logo, the font, a strikingly similar registered name and an identical trading style/name!.  :sad:  

Having phoned the the company who I thought I'd bought from, as to where were my 20 reams of Xerox Performer paper were, that were supposed to be delivered last Thursday.  They couldn't find my order on their system. They then asked did I place it online or by phone, neither said I, but from your eBay outlet!  "We don't have an eBay outlet" was their reply.:ohmy::sad:

"If it's not you: anyone trading with them would think it is you. They are are using your logo, with your trading name in the exact same font and for all intent and purpose appear to be you, even the corporate colours are the same on their eBay listings as your website!", I told them,  "Upon seeing Sutton as the trading address, I'd assumed you'd moved or had a different warehouse for ebay, as many outlets do".  :huh:

I then searched on Companies House to see who exactly I'd bought from, the sole director only registered the business in December last year.  The only difference between the actual Kent business name and theirs, is a bracketed "SE".  I then searched their director history it revealed they had another similar businesses name, at the same address, but with a bracketed "London" instead of "SE". Which traded for less than a year, and was compulsorily wound up by the courts in November.:ohmy: 

The way the Sutton address reads, it looks like it's a flat rather than a business unit. I wonder if they're a dropshipper? :unsure: 

Although why would anyone style their business in a near clone of an established one in the same area of industry?  That bit doesn't make any sense:unsure:

I don't like that after coming back off holiday two annoyances have surfaced.

1/ On collecting Jed and Willow from their kennels that a certain kennel operative has allowed then to eat the wrong food thus causing abdominal upset and that they are lousy with fleas which have decided that my house is a lovely place to colonise.

This has resulted in the deployment of copious flea treatment spray for the house and loads of combing and bathing for the dogs to alleviate the irritation.

2/ On washing my holiday clothing, realising too late that my passport was in the leg pocket of my cargos thus reducing a document with 4 years left on it to a book of paper where the photos have all but washed away leaving just ghostly after-images, new passport on order (along with the resultant cost and hassle).

On 15/06/2017 at 6:12 PM, GMX said:

It sounded like my laundry had been suddenly joined by a couple of loose brake calipers, several pistons, a camshaft and a pair of house bricks!:ohmy:   The drum bearings have actually collapsed mid-wash, and it was spinning in a random elliptical orbit rather than centrally on the shaft!:ohmy::sad:

I had a bit of a laugh at Ghana's description, while having sympathy for the broken machine.

But what I did not like is that the following morning, I got the message: "Our washing machine is making a funny noise" I tried to dismiss it as wild imagination, the machine has worked without fault for at least 3 years now. But I soon found it was real, and the water was only coming in in a feeble dribble. Not what I wanted, with a big load of work to do that week.sad.png

This was Monday. On Wed I found time to drag it out, clean up the mess round the back, and eventually proved the cold solenoid valve was failing to open properly. I could get a new one for £20, but the door seal really needs replacing, and some rust cleaning up. SWMBO really wanted a new machine. And I could not locate a door seal for a Hoover AS110 machine anywhere. So I looked at new machines, and was not impressed. Lots of fancy gizmos that will probably go wrong just as the warranty expires, and no hot fill. I gave up in disgust.

Then I vaguely remembered stripping bits out of the previous machine, a very old Hoover. In the bottom of a box in the garage, among the spiders and woodlice, there were the valves from it! And one of them looked like it was compatible. So on Friday I fitted the very old valve (I suspect the date code on it is 1983!), and it worked a treat. So, for once some of the junk I keep came in handy.:rolleyes:laugh.png.

But I suspect I am just delaying the inevitable. Unless I can locate a door seal, or clean up the existing one without damaging it. But at least it is not a mad panic now. I have some time to look around. Going more than 5 days without a washing machine would have been a domestic disaster off the scale! My life would not have been worth living.

20 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

.....but the door seal really needs replacing, and some rust cleaning up. SWMBO really wanted a new machine. And I could not locate a door seal for a Hoover AS110 machine anywhere........

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/92131689-hoover-candy-washing-machine-tub-seal

Check the model numbers this fits 😉

• Like 1

On 2017-6-25 at 1:33 PM, Turvey said:

I don't like hearing this morning. It's the second one in as many weeks. 

http://www.orcadian.co.uk/body-recovered-kirkwall-harbour/

It gets worse!

This one was part of a party who were up here on a hired yacht.

On Monday a tour guide from Stirling fell off a cliff and died http://www.orcadian.co.uk/yesnaby-cliff-fall-man-died/

Today a workmate friend died in an accident with a truck. Can't imagine what his family are going through tonight. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club