Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Lol @Lenny I take it you didn't use photobucket to upload these pictures [emoji12]

I agree @Turvey you don't have to spend anywhere close to £1K for a decent 4K TV. If you have no joy getting Currys to foot the bill for a repair (which I think they will refuse) then you could ask for a 'generous' discount off a new TV, for me that would be the best result, providing of course I had a couple of hundred to spend at the time.

I'm annoyed that my TV upstairs, a 36" tecnic (Tesco special) HD LED which cost me £199 has lasted nearly 4 years now, I'm not allowed a to replace it until it brakes ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4K TVs are a waste of money below a certain size/viewing distance.

You need to spend over 1K for a decent HDR TV though.

I recommend most people to stick to a good 1080p, but even those are hard to come by now. Don't think you are getting a better picture with 4k even if you have the content to watch, most people don't sit close enough to a big enough TV to even get the full benefit of 1080p.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Turvey said:

IMG_20170903_225952635.jpg

I'm guessing at that age it will be an LED TV, it must have strips down the sides and one or a bunch has gone.

You could pursue a Consumer Rights Act claim against the retailer as it's not lasted a reasonable amount of time. You'd need an independent engineers report as evidence to back up your claim though.

My replacement tv is a jvc smart tv 1080p hd from currys and cost £299 last year. Only problem is sound which is poor but a sound bar sorted that out

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 1

Jeez Lenny, I've thrown away better quality plastic from a tray of pies.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CyprusPluto said:

Don't blame you. 3/4 yrs old is not old for a TV that costs £100's

We had a game with a £800 TV that was 18 months old when it had a massively annoying intermittent problem - it would randomly turn itself off. DSG Retail said that it was out of warranty and that they could not help at all (even though it said it had 2 years warranty on the manual).

Took a lot of emails and phone calls, and two attempts to repair, before DSG Retail actually fixed the TV (gratis), after quoting the Sale of Goods Act at them.

That was 2010. This TV is still going strong in 2017 - far beyond what they implied a TV should last.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iantt said:

But apart that it's ok? Lol

Well there's no point trying to compete for the most likes today now is there?!

• Like 1

that one post has promoted me to 2nd place from 4th this week. still a long way off you in 1st place phil

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

that one post has promoted me to 2nd place from 4th this week. still a long way off you in 1st place phil

Damn straight!

3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Jeez Lenny, I've thrown away better quality plastic from a tray of pies.

Umm how many pies can you eat in one sitting?!

• Like 1

My replacement tv is a jvc smart tv 1080p hd from currys and cost £299 last year. Only problem is sound which is poor but a sound bar sorted that out

Sent from my iPhone

I have not come across any flatscreen TV with decent Speakers, I don't think there is one. As far as I know it's a common thing, having said that my 'good' TV in the lounge is a 55" Toshiba and the sound is crap, the tecnica TV in the bedroom is only 720p but the sound is a lot better. I have a sound bar downstairs now and a 2.1 Bose system upstairs but rarely use that.

Regarding 4K TVs I have seen a big difference to the picture quality when viewing 4K content from Sky on an LG set. Problem is that at some point, the TV is only as good as our eyes.

• Like 1

Umm how many pies can you eat in one sitting?!
Depends on size. [emoji6]

• Like 1

112819_largest_hot_cros_bun_RSPB_Saltholme.jpg.1c165a2a765a746f1d4fc25ba065a700.jpg?

Technically a hot cross bun I grant you but you get the idea...

• Like 1

Bad days at work when you could easily kick your tool bag to DEATH! AHHHHHHHRRRRR😤 is it home time yet 

• Like 1

Bad days at work when you could easily kick your tool bag to DEATH! AHHHHHHHRRRRR[emoji36] is it home time yet 

Better than kicking customers/colleagues!

Or a hammer through a wall and give your boss the middle finger lmao 

• Like 1

Or a hammer through a wall and give your boss the middle finger lmao 

This should probably go in the 'things I like' thread but my boss (lucky for him) works over 100m away from me so I can't do that.

Depends on size. [emoji6]

I think I've heard that somewhere before [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

dont like the look of this! 

What's happened there? Has your tank got a crack in it?

no idea, its strange. my mrs pointed out to me and mentionef it has been like that for a while. whats odd is its bone dry and the black stuff is solid.

4 minutes ago, iantt said:

no idea, its strange. my mrs pointed out to me and mentionef it has been like that for a while. whats odd is its bone dry and the black stuff is solid.

It's the "Exorcist" :ohmy:

• Like 1

Sealing resin around an immersion element perhaps?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club