Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX
聽Share

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Cash me outside 馃槈

If you just get the vinyl printed ones then you can stick them on remote control聽roller blinds for show use of course or toll bridges link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Euro-Hide-Stealth-License-Plate-Car-Number-Roller-Shutter-Protect-Cover/382596352160?hash=item59148508a0:g:15EAAOSwvERcIaEk

god they look cheap :smile:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dezwez said:

god they look cheap :smile:

Cheaper than the first full tank of fuel at the pump 馃槀馃槓

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2019 at 7:30 PM, TomsFocus said:

If I'd just stolen a black Mk7 ST I'd be straight onto a forum or Facebook page to copy a plate for it...

It would be easier to just search used cars for sale - I just did a search for black Mk7 STs on PistonHeads and came up with plenty of matches, nearly all with number plates on display:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds?Category=used-cars&ColourFF=BLA&Keyword=1.6&KeywordCleanedValue=1.6&M=1271&YearFrom=2013&YearTo=2017

Of course my ST would have been聽on there too while it was at the dealer I bought it from.

As you say though, calculated risk.

• Like 1

I wonder if dealers etc... do this so that people/viewers can put the reg in, get the tax rate and for insurance purpose only. then its the dishonest prunes that twist the good nature into crime

• Like 1

I think a lot of buyers would think a dealer is trying to hide something if the plate is obscured. Without the number plate you can't do an HPI聽valuation or聽vehicle check either.

• Like 1

Dodgy dealer's? never came across one of those..... 馃槀

• Haha 1

A lot of dealers do hide plates by putting their own advertising plate on it, around here at least.聽 Makes it really annoying for checking insurance and MOT history so I usually avoid those myself. :laugh:

Personally I wouldn't 'borrow' a plate from a car being sold by a trader, it'll be really easy to trace and probably flag up with no tax, insurance or MOT in a lot of cases.聽 Much better to use a plate from a forum or facebook group where the cars will be fully road legal. 聽

As you say, it's a calculated risk and I genuinely did mean it's up to the individual, not trying to be argumentative or anything.聽 I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if my plates were cloned despite the huge number of similar black Golfs on the road, it just isn't worth the extra stress for me. :smile:

• Like 2

Personally I wouldn't 'borrow' a plate from a car being sold by a trader, it'll be really easy to trace and probably flag up with no tax, insurance or MOT in a lot of cases.聽 Much better to use a plate from a forum or facebook group where the cars will be fully road legal. 聽

As you say, it's a calculated risk and I genuinely did mean it's up to the individual, not trying to be argumentative or anything.

No worries, it's a good point (and a good discussion to have). I clearly don't have enough of a criminal mind! Hopefully they'll clone聽[mention=97947]STJAY[/mention]'s plate first聽[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, martyntdci said:

Dodgy dealer's? never came across one of those..... 馃槀

Especially those independent聽car sales places that when you phone to see if a vehicle is still available; they put you on hold where your listening to a bit of Glen Campbell 馃こ

馃榾 gives complete buyer confidence聽

• Haha 1

I don't like purchasing an amazon Echo bundle on amazon which includes a FREE Philips hue bulb,聽

Yet having purchased the bundle; there now attempting to bill me separately for the bulb that was supposed to be free 馃槯馃槱

They can keep it聽馃枙

• Haha 1

I don't like offering to redecorate a large lounge for a relative, currently on the basis that someone else with considerably more painting ability doesn't offer in the meantime! 聽

I did the rest of their rooms a while ago (2.5-3.5 years apparently, thought it was only a year lol) but the scale of the lounge has always put me off...聽 Particularly the large ceiling, which is also Artex'd so a pain to cover efficiently.聽 Anyone got tips for painting a large, rough Artex ceiling?聽 @Lenny and @WES180 in particular lol!

25 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like offering to redecorate a large lounge for a relative, currently on the basis that someone else with considerably more painting ability doesn't offer in the meantime! 聽

I did the rest of their rooms a while ago (2.5-3.5 years apparently, thought it was only a year lol) but the scale of the lounge has always put me off...聽 Particularly the large ceiling, which is also Artex'd so a pain to cover efficiently.聽 Anyone got tips for painting a large, rough Artex ceiling?聽 @Lenny and @WES180 in particular lol!

聽Perhaps a sponge brush and dab it?

Maybe use Dulux white paint for ceiling, The one that is pink but dries white so you can see where you have done already聽

Wife says use a thicker roller which reaches in the grooves, She does all painting in our house I'm useless at painting聽

• Like 2

Pity you carnt you a fence sprayer would be quick and effortless 馃槀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, martyntdci said:

Pity you cant use聽a fence sprayer would be quick and effortless 馃槀

Who says you can't 馃槀

Well anythings worth a go. Try it in a non conspicuous area first.... The centre on the ceiling lmfao.... 馃槀

Just now, martyntdci said:

Well anythings worth a go. Try it in a non conspicuous area first.... The centre on the ceiling lmfao.... 馃槀

True 馃榾 everyone looks at the corners聽

Lol, not sure I'll try the fence sprayer...they make a huge mess outside let alone indoors! :laugh:

Thick roller is a good idea though, as is the pink paint...although I'd be slightly worried about it not turning white while putting it on lol.聽 I've tried sponges without success before so wont try that again.

It's not set in stone yet, I'm hoping another relative will offer to do it as he's always doing DIY and has far more skill with this than I do.聽 I can do nuts & bolts no problem, but never had any sort of creativity or 'finesse' with paint.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

My approach to painting an artex ceiling has always been to get it skimmed first!!! I hate the stuff, especially when it's been painted with silk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

you have to be careful with aertex some of it has asbestos in it :ohmy:

Fine time to tell me, years after I once sanded down a whole wall of the stuff!馃槺

wasn't found out for a few years you take your chance with it. iv drill this s--t before

4 hours ago, dezwez said:

you have to be careful with aertex some of it has asbestos in it :ohmy:

Well I've learnt something there...聽 The house was built in the 60s so may well have asbestos in the artex. :unsure:

Hopefully several layers of paint over the years will have sealed in any fibres if there were any.聽聽

you can get a test piece tested I think local council will do it :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club