Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

When you driving along the road at 30, and some idiot pulls out right in front of you and makes no attempt to get anywhere near 30 😤

46 minutes ago, Connall said:

When you driving along the road at 30, and some idiot pulls out right in front of you and makes no attempt to get anywhere near 30 😤

I thought the air looked blue today, must've been all your comments on how they could be a better driver!😀

49 minutes ago, Connall said:

I no what you mean ☺️

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Connall said:

And then slams on the brakes 30 seconds later to turn down the next side road... 😒

I don't know how they don't feel a huge amount of guilt for cutting someone up knowing they're immediately going to turn in a few yards time...I'd feel horrendous causing someone else that kind of hassle but see it happen on a daily basis!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

And then slams on the brakes 30 seconds later to turn down the next side road... 😒

I don't know how they don't feel a huge amount of guilt for cutting someone up knowing they're immediately going to turn in a few yards time...I'd feel horrendous causing someone else that kind of hassle but see it happen on a daily basis!

some people don't give a s--t who they cut up ☺️ 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dezwez said:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Lol this is a famous clip. The UK roads are disgusting. When I went Turkey the drivers there cut into each other but they don't get angry or care. They use the horn correctly and follow the speed limit. 

2 hours ago, dezwez said:

To be honest since I got my zetec s I think I've come across less bad drivers compared to when I had my little Peugeot 107. There's still those moments but probably not as much. Some drivers make some really stupid moves. Once was on a roundabout traffic light planning to get off the next exit. Some jag driver behind me for some reason decide to go turn and go through a gap beside so basically overtake me and he indicated to go off the roundabout which I tried booting but had to let him in. Gave him a blast of my horn which he flashed his hazards at me. Now I just stop on the middle of those lights as there's no lane markings to say there's 2 lanes.

Another time there was these temporary lights. At that point cars had to go on the oncoming lane as they were doing road works. Was following the traffic then all of a sudden a merc driver who pulled out a side road decided to boot it down the lane which was blocked then indicated in the lane everyone was on. He was close to the front of me and kind of cutted in so did the same thing back to him on the roundabout soon after. Afterwards he was driving so much slower keeping his distance. This is one of the reasons I want to get a quick car. At least you can get away or stop bad drivers from cutting in. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol this is a famous clip. The UK roads are disgusting. When I went Turkey the drivers there cut into each other but they don't get angry or care. They use the horn correctly and follow the speed limit. 

To be honest since I got my zetec s I think I've come across less bad drivers compared to when I had my little Peugeot 107. There's still those moments but probably not as much. Some drivers make some really stupid moves. Once was on a roundabout traffic light planning to get off the next exit. Some jag driver behind me for some reason decide to go turn and go through a gap beside so basically overtake me and he indicated to go off the roundabout which I tried booting but had to let him in. Gave him a blast of my horn which he flashed his hazards at me. Now I just stop on the middle of those lights as there's no lane markings to say there's 2 lanes.

Another time there was these temporary lights. At that point cars had to go on the oncoming lane as they were doing road works. Was following the traffic then all of a sudden a merc driver who pulled out a side road decided to boot it down the lane which was blocked then indicated in the lane everyone was on. He was close to the front of me and kind of cutted in so did the same thing back to him on the roundabout soon after. Afterwards he was driving so much slower keeping his distance. This is one of the reasons I want to get a quick car. At least you can get away or stop bad drivers from cutting in. 

god he wound him up 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, dezwez said:

god he wound him up 

Still recovering from this fever 🤒🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

And breath!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lenny said:

Pain in the Hoopla, I'd expect to receive exactly as described in listing; Amazon are fairly good with customer returns, 

Alternativly; Endotherm sell an 1/2" BSP adapter for pouring additives in through the vent of the radiator, They sell this adaptor seperatly i have one myself can meassure the cap size 🛥⛴🚢 if you want? 😁

https://smartgreenshop.co.uk/endotherm-central-heating-additive-500ml-720.html 

20160722_224523_zpszettwsfk.thumb.jpg.882ab019eb081d2b2379c90e10c2f594.jpg

I also recommend fitting Aladdin automatic bleed valves for consistent maintenance free performance https://smartgreenshop.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=Aladdin+Easyfix+water+valve 

20160722_224412_zps1opr2p1f.thumb.jpg.43436eb4d4582f9832b3cc44c7c146fa.jpg

20170714_134623.jpg.d099e40a161d4a5bc8b9734046.thumb.jpg.a797ef559016a82f262ec2ceee76576b.jpg

img_1172__zps8grf1ko6.jpg.951ab9181cbe17f03f873e4b53248590.jpg

For others reading; Ive used all above items and reviewed them in my thread here: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/ 

Messaged the company through amazon, and they're offering 'half the amount paid' which I have accepted. It remains to be seen how much I actually receive........if I receive anything at all. 

Cheers for the offer Lenny, between me and my ex-plumber mate we'll manage to dose it. 😉 I'm sure the stuff they sent will be fine, it just annoys me when I don't get what I paid for 😡 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Messaged the company through Amazon, and they're offering 'half the amount paid' which I have accepted. It remains to be seen how much I actually receive........if I receive anything at all. 

Cheers for the offer Lenny, between me and my ex-plumber mate we'll manage to dose it. 😉 I'm sure the stuff they sent will be fine, it just annoys me when I don't get what I paid for 😡 

When a combi system is drained if you've got an upright towel rad on the system then that's the easiest to add the additives as you can just remove the bleed valve or blank cap on the top and pour it straight in. For standard rads I remove a blank cap and use an old trv rad tail, piece of hose and small funnel. If the system is already pressurised I just close the valves on both sides, if a drain off fitted great, if not I just crack a trv nut partially open to drain off enough water to allow me to put the additive in through the top cap.

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, WES180 said:

When a combi system is drained if you've got an upright towel rad on the system then that's the easiest to add the additives as you can just remove the bleed valve or blank cap on the top and pour it straight in. For standard rads I remove a blank cap and use an old trv rad tail, piece of hose and small funnel. If the system is already pressurised I just close the valves on both sides, if a drain off fitted great, if not I just crack a trv nut partially open to drain off enough water to allow me to put the additive in through the top cap.

Pro plumber? 

Thanks for the tips 😉

The filter I've got has 2 shut-off valves and a drain plug enabling easy dosing. The filter holds 500ml, which just happens to be the size of the bottles they make (and what should have been in the kit I ordered) whereas the bottles I got are 1 litre. I would imagine that 1/2 will go in the filter and the other half will go into the F&E tank before refilling it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Pro plumber? 

Thanks for the tips 😉

No, just move house a lot getting up the property ladder.🙂

• Like 2

17 hours ago, WES180 said:

No, just move house a lot getting up the property ladder

The only property ladder I have been up in the last 21 years is the one I use to repair my roof, clean & repair my gutters, clean, paint and repair my windows, etc, etc, etc. 😩, 🙄.

Still I can't really complain, at least I have a roof over my head to fix! That's more than some have in this world.

ROOF185.JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

The only property ladder I have been up in the last 21 years is the one I use to repair my roof, clean & repair my gutters, clean, paint and repair my windows, etc, etc, etc. 😩, 🙄.

Still I can't really complain, at least I have a roof over my head to fix! That's more than some have in this world.

ROOF185.JPG

are you cleaning the roof or are they new tiles 

6 minutes ago, dezwez said:

are you cleaning the roof or are they new tiles 

The red tiles were put on in 2013, when I had the roof completely stripped & re-lined with Tyvek type breathable underlay instead of the old felt, which was leaking. The red tiles are the same colour as the other tiles nominally, but about 50 years younger! They are tucked away at the back where they are not normally visible, but are in this photo. He re-used most of the old tiles, but a few could not be re-used.

The workmanship done then on the valley was not great, and last summer I was repairing a slipped tile and falling out mortar along the valley.

The ladder was secured on a tower scaffold up to the eaves. So it was a little job with quite a lot of work to get up there. It is a very high, steep, roof!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

The red tiles were put on in 2013, when I had the roof completely stripped & re-lined with Tyvek type breathable underlay instead of the old felt, which was leaking. The red tiles are the same colour as the other tiles nominally, but about 50 years younger! They are tucked away at the back where they are not normally visible, but are in this photo. He re-used most of the old tiles, but a few could not be re-used.

The workmanship done then on the valley was not great, and last summer I was repairing a slipped tile and falling out mortar along the valley.

The ladder was secured on a tower scaffold up to the eaves. So it was a little job with quite a lot of work to get up there. It is a very high, steep, roof!

I've heard if you coat them with plain yogurt it helps them to age faster don't no how true that is ☺️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dezwez said:

I've heard if you coat them with plain yogurt it helps them to age faster don't no how true that is

'tis true, I believe. An even better mix is yogurt & sheep dung (!), well mixed. I was asked to use this once on an old stone wall we were restoring round a churchyard. It was to make the new repairs blend in quicker. The sheep were grazing in the field around the church, so it was handy (with gloves on, anyway!) .

But this bit of the roof is hardly visible at all from ground level, so I have not tried anything on it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

'tis true, I believe. An even better mix is yogurt & sheep dung (!), well mixed. I was asked to use this once on an old stone wall we were restoring round a churchyard. It was to make the new repairs blend in quicker. The sheep were grazing in the field around the church, so it was handy (with gloves on, anyway!) .

But this bit of the roof is hardly visible at all from ground level, so I have not tried anything on it.

I new I had heard it somewhere before ☺️

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, dezwez said:

I've heard if you coat them with plain yogurt it helps them to age faster don't no how true that is ☺️

That's true about terracotta 

Just start at the top work downwards 😀

Preferably towards the ladder

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lenny said:

That's true about terracotta 

lean something new every day ☺️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dezwez said:

lean something new every day ☺️

Seems yogurt is great for thrush aswell although I don't think it's the sort of thrush that lands on the roof 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

Seems yogurt is great for thrush aswell although I don't think it's the sort of thrush that lands on the roof 

lol 🤣 just a bit different 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dezwez said:

lol 🤣 just a bit different 

Imagine seeing that in the fridge sitting out of a large yogurt pot 😳 I'd definitely be reaching for the beer 

Suppose would try anything if it was itching 😂

I had the male version before after strong antibiotics ended up in A&E with phimosis was like a doughnut 

They had to squeeze the glands in back in, lad in A&E with asthma laughing at me 

Couldn't get the sleeve of the jumper back over my head because the glands swelled up size of my actual thumb 

phimosis-circumcision-treatment-640x320.thumb.jpg.1440e0a82d556b37d7f8a64604c6ad71.jpg

• Like 1