MattDRX

Things I Don't Like

I'm not sure if the fog lights are different or not but the ST fog surround is larger for sure.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Looking at some videos online it seems like they are clipped in similarly to my car, I was able to pop them out using trim removal tools and then a T25 torx bit to remove the lens. 

There's 9 pegs that is part of the trim. On some vehicles the trims will just pull off but others can be tight and need thin screwdriver from behind prising each peg. So access from behind required. 

I was lucky then, managed to get mine off from the front
Any nasty sounds of plastic crunching?
I don't want to just prise the cover out with a bojo and then damage the bumper or trim.
Tempted to just ask the dealership how much to fit but know it will cost a fair bit plus having to wait for a free slot.

I don't like needing an alignment after hitting a pothole (useless bloomin council!), and then having the garage muck it up so whilst it no longer pulls, the steering wheel isn't straight. Twice they've done it now, will be taking it for a third time next week as have no time this week now. Luckily they've tried to correct it free of charge, and said they will keep doing so. I suspect they're not clamping the wheel straight whilst doing it (its a National place which I'd normally avoid like the plague). Anyway, rant over!

11 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

I don't like needing an alignment after hitting a pothole (useless bloomin council!), and then having the garage muck it up so whilst it no longer pulls, the steering wheel isn't straight. Twice they've done it now, will be taking it for a third time next week as have no time this week now. Luckily they've tried to correct it free of charge, and said they will keep doing so. I suspect they're not clamping the wheel straight whilst doing it (its a National place which I'd normally avoid like the plague). Anyway, rant over!

they should no what there doing being a national place got to have mine done with two new tyres next week 😐

1 minute ago, dezwez said:

they should no what there doing being a national place got to have mine done with two new tyres next week 😐

I think the problem is, they're the secondary branch in the city as it were. There's a much bigger one, but its hard for me to get to and always full. Therefore, I reckon the less competent mechanics get stuffed in the one I'm using but sadly I have no other choice. 

I don't want to just prise the cover out with a bojo and then damage the bumper or trim.
Tempted to just ask the dealership how much to fit but know it will cost a fair bit plus having to wait for a free slot.

£133 to supply and fit a new fog lens.
Robbing gets, it's £75 just for the lens + new bulb, and a half hours labour at £58 plus a week to get the lens ordered in.
I can get a new lens off ebay but will be a 2 week wait and non oem plus still need to source the correct bulb.
Decisions decisions

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

I think the problem is, they're the secondary branch in the city as it were. There's a much bigger one, but its hard for me to get to and always full. Therefore, I reckon the less competent mechanics get stuffed in the one I'm using but sadly I have no other choice. 

I think your right we have some places like that ☺️

8 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Plastic did ‘crunch’ a little but it came awayquite easily really 

I don't like washing my works truck at dinner time today (in my own time!) and knocking an indicator lens off!

I then jumped in, started up, switched heater fan on, fan ran for a split second and then stopped!

On the way down to the garage, a bird dive bombed the nearside door and window!

Don't think I'll bother again 🙄 😀

59 minutes ago, Turvey said:

On the way down to the garage, a bird dive bombed the nearside door and window

birds do it all the time around here all ways cleaning it off 😊