MattDRX

Things I Don't Like

Recommended Posts

I'm not sure if the fog lights are different or not but the ST fog surround is larger for sure.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Looking at some videos online it seems like they are clipped in similarly to my car, I was able to pop them out using trim removal tools and then a T25 torx bit to remove the lens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's 9 pegs that is part of the trim. On some vehicles the trims will just pull off but others can be tight and need thin screwdriver from behind prising each peg. So access from behind required. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was lucky then, managed to get mine off from the front
Any nasty sounds of plastic crunching?
I don't want to just prise the cover out with a bojo and then damage the bumper or trim.
Tempted to just ask the dealership how much to fit but know it will cost a fair bit plus having to wait for a free slot.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like needing an alignment after hitting a pothole (useless bloomin council!), and then having the garage muck it up so whilst it no longer pulls, the steering wheel isn't straight. Twice they've done it now, will be taking it for a third time next week as have no time this week now. Luckily they've tried to correct it free of charge, and said they will keep doing so. I suspect they're not clamping the wheel straight whilst doing it (its a National place which I'd normally avoid like the plague). Anyway, rant over!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

I don't like needing an alignment after hitting a pothole (useless bloomin council!), and then having the garage muck it up so whilst it no longer pulls, the steering wheel isn't straight. Twice they've done it now, will be taking it for a third time next week as have no time this week now. Luckily they've tried to correct it free of charge, and said they will keep doing so. I suspect they're not clamping the wheel straight whilst doing it (its a National place which I'd normally avoid like the plague). Anyway, rant over!

they should no what there doing being a national place got to have mine done with two new tyres next week 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dezwez said:

they should no what there doing being a national place got to have mine done with two new tyres next week 😐

I think the problem is, they're the secondary branch in the city as it were. There's a much bigger one, but its hard for me to get to and always full. Therefore, I reckon the less competent mechanics get stuffed in the one I'm using but sadly I have no other choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Any nasty sounds of plastic crunching?
I don't want to just prise the cover out with a bojo and then damage the bumper or trim.
Tempted to just ask the dealership how much to fit but know it will cost a fair bit plus having to wait for a free slot.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

£133 to supply and fit a new fog lens.
Robbing gets, it's £75 just for the lens + new bulb, and a half hours labour at £58 plus a week to get the lens ordered in.
I can get a new lens off ebay but will be a 2 week wait and non oem plus still need to source the correct bulb.
Decisions decisions

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

I think the problem is, they're the secondary branch in the city as it were. There's a much bigger one, but its hard for me to get to and always full. Therefore, I reckon the less competent mechanics get stuffed in the one I'm using but sadly I have no other choice. 

I think your right we have some places like that ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Any nasty sounds of plastic crunching?
I don't want to just prise the cover out with a bojo and then damage the bumper or trim.
Tempted to just ask the dealership how much to fit but know it will cost a fair bit plus having to wait for a free slot.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)
 

Plastic did ‘crunch’ a little but it came awayquite easily really 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like washing my works truck at dinner time today (in my own time!) and knocking an indicator lens off!

 

I then jumped in, started up, switched heater fan on, fan ran for a split second and then stopped!

 

On the way down to the garage, a bird dive bombed the nearside door and window!

 

Don't think I'll bother again 🙄 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Turvey said:

On the way down to the garage, a bird dive bombed the nearside door and window

birds do it all the time around here all ways cleaning it off 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like having to have someone come to the flat in a few weeks to redo the EPC certification for my flat (has to be done every 10 years). 
Needless to say I'll be telling the assessor that it isn't energy efficient at all given that my electricity bill (electric only) is about £1450 a year. 
In winter, the flat is like an igloo. Even with heaters on the room temperature barely gets above 15c. The bathroom is even worse in winter because the cupboard on there has the loft access hatch and the cold air just flows through into the bathroom. 
There is insulation up in the loft on the floor but there's none on the underside of the roof (just the plastic sheeting which you can hear flapping around when it's windy), there's a 2 inch gap between the fascia and the wall which means in daylight I don't need to have a light on in there. There is insulation in the wall but it's on the outer wall with a 3 inch gap between the insulation and the inner walls so the cold air flows through the fascia gap and straight down the inner walls. You can feel how cold the walls are through touching them.

In summer, it's like a bloomin' sauna and you can't get rid of the heat. 

Landlord (private rented) argues that it's adequately insulated, yet with a bill for winter months coming in at about £750 for 4-5 months, it clearly isn't. Council won't do anything about it because nothing is falling to bits or classed as dangerous, yet having rooms which are barely reaching 15c in Winter is clearly dangerous (and that's with a 2kw heater on at the rear of the room and a small portable 1500w heater in front of the sofa). 

I think the issue is that an EPC certificate only takes into account what the weather etc is like on the day of the assessment. If you took a thermal imaging camera and faced it at the flats in winter, you'd clearly see that the heat just bleeds out and isn't being retained. 
The appliances inside might be energy efficient (cooker etc) but the flat clearly isn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like realising that I don't have two 

Male F-type to Male Coaxial adaptors 

s-l500.thumb.jpg.2932ddfb05c0f5a971c03a78b1695005.jpg

I need two of them as I've purchase a 1 way signal booster to send signal back up from living room to the attic, 

20190221_205935.thumb.jpg.c1ba5123f540a940b7b1c6a83a59b5be.jpg

I thought I had two but the two I've got are

Male F-type to Female Coaxial adaptors ☹

20190221_210233.thumb.jpg.a77980e7af5c4596e22c9eae0ac77054.jpg

I've since purchased the correct ones and awaiting delivery, was hoping to fit tomorrow but will have to wait now.

20190112_170146_zpsnkpgrdkz.thumb.jpg.b3e107078c30167a51c90bcfef1e2776.jpg

Current setup with terrestrial aerial is; it comes in to the attic through the white box signal amplifier saw on the bottom left of image,

then straight down to the living room where it goes through an Edision HDMI modulator then back up to the attic through the other Edision HDMI modulator on the panel there followed by going in to the 4 channel splitter where it goes back down to the living room and bedrooms containing terrestrial channels and the two modulator broadcasts.

20180314_170914_zpsbbw9cdzk.thumb.jpg.371af4e7093c49d654aefa59396eaf62.jpg

20180923_102713_zpso7unykwc.thumb.jpg.4358c0466d8a14b906715555a91d0de6.jpg

At present the signal coming down from the attic to the living room is fine as its amplified but the return signal from living room to the attic is weak, 

So I need this amplifier to boost signal back to the attic, however all my terminals are F-type for optimum signal and the 1 way splitter is coaxial connection, 

I thought I had the correct adapters to make it happen tomorrow completing the install but I will now have to wait few more days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2019 at 7:25 PM, Turvey said:

I don't like washing my works truck at dinner time today (in my own time!) and knocking an indicator lens off!

 

I then jumped in, started up, switched heater fan on, fan ran for a split second and then stopped!

 

On the way down to the garage, a bird dive bombed the nearside door and window!

 

Don't think I'll bother again 🙄 😀

I don't like typing out today's woes at work and what happened when I came home, only for me to somehow wipe it all!

 

I'm going to bed! 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like that moment when you're listening to the car radio and aren't sure that the emergency sirens are real or part of the music. Looking around and in the mirrors only to realise the delightful rap* music was the problem all along.

* other genres may also be affected 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I'm going to bed! 🙄

Lies!! You're still up 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Turvey said:

Stop listening to (c)rap music then! 😀

To be honest, I like the old school rap rather than the carp that is around now. Plus, it's 1Xtra on the way home in the evening rather than Radio 1 and the plonker that is Nick Grim 🤢🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Zico said:

To be honest, I like the old school rap rather than the carp that is around now. Plus, it's 1Xtra on the way home in the evening rather than Radio 1 and the plonker that is Nick Grim 🤢🤮

Same here. Recently been playing old rap music which would play on my old PS2 games. Also listened to ice cube and 2pac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zico said:

I don't like that moment when you're listening to the car radio and aren't sure that the emergency sirens are real or part of the music. Looking around and in the mirrors only to realise the delightful rap* music was the problem all along.

* other genres may also be affected 😄

Woop woop it's da sound of da police!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt really old watching the Brit's on Wednesday...  Half of the artists were very young and unrecognisable and the other half seem to have been around for over a decade! :laugh: 

I really don't like losing Absolute Radio 90's on DAB since their move though.  I've tried retuning but the signal is no longer strong enough here. :sad: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I felt really old watching the Brit's on Wednesday...  Half of the artists were very young and unrecognisable and the other half seem to have been around for over a decade! :laugh: 

I really don't like losing Absolute Radio 90's on DAB since their move though.  I've tried retuning but the signal is no longer strong enough here. :sad: 

I've been listening to Magic in the mornings for a while when I'm in work, Ronan Keating and Harriet Scott are funny. Got a bit bored of the same old tunes though so switched to Heart a few weeks back and liking it so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like my S9 finger scanner at times,it don't like me after 5 attempts then password and sick of adding new finger print,good security as i cant even get into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.